The Midland Hostel Reviews

Str Biserica Amzei, nr 22, Apt 3, Sector 1, Bucharest, Romania

I had a great time! The hotel has only pluses: welcoming and very helpful stuff , excellent location and the place was clean!

I loved Midland and it is because of its staff and the little details. I booked a few days, ended up staying a total of 2 weeks. The best feature is the common area, all rooms open to it and the reception is in there too so the staff hangs out with the guests, it really creates an awesome atmosphere. The staff also works hard to make your stay as comfortable as possible as opposed to get every single penny from you. Eli brought his own clipper from home for me and another guest to shave our hair

• 18th Jun 2014
  • BaoParty
  • Afghanistan

So friendly staff all

I enjoyed my stay at Midland , the staff was friendly and helpful. There is a large enough kitchen to cook in cheap beer at the hostel if you want and of course WiFi . The downside is one bathroom with all showers and two toilets with one sink for everyone to share but that's not bad. The building itself is very old and charming and within walking distance to metro and buses.

Excellent place to stay! The beds are comfy, there is everything you want. The hostel is pretty small but thats ok. What makes it different or better compared to other hostels? The staff! Ruru, Alina and Elija are excellent people (havent met the others)! Thanks Ruru for the help, Alina for the talk in de middle of the night and Elija for partying! Hope to cu guys again sometimes!

I can't recommend this hostel highly enough! I spent 6 amazing weeks in this place while I was volunteering for an NGO in Bucharest. The location is perfect - it's near a metro and bus station, there are a lot of supermarkets/stores nearby and it's facing the French embassy (which makes the place really safe!). I made good friends with the staff as well as fellow guests. Hi Eli, Paula, Ruru, Andrei, Radu and Alina! Miss you guys! I hope to meet all of you again next year :D

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Philippines

Good hostel, good location, good price value.

Midland Hostel couldnt be in a better location, its impossible to be closer to the Black Church and the bars and clubs at the same time. The room had new furniture, very confortable beds and the staff girl give us really great advices and was very nice. I highly recommend to go there.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Hey guys, how much did you drink?? The Black Church is 3 hours away in Brasov. :) Just kidding - we loved having you here and will see you next time you come through town.

Although our experience in the Midland hostal was good, I cannot say that its high ranking in HostelWorld really corresponded to what we've seen. There were only 2 plugs in an 8-person room, the doors were always open and the showers/bathrooms looked very improvised. Also, the location is definitely not as good as the rating suggests.

Hey guys, we're glad you had a good experience with us. Location obviously depends on what you're looking for - if what you want is only to see the bars of Lipscani, yeah, we're 15 minutes away by foot, but there are better places nearby like Eden (currently the hottest club in town), Molotov, and A1 very close. If you're looking for the whole package of Bucharest, we are definitely in the center, with museums (art, peasant, etc), Cismigiu Park, and train station all within an easy walk.

Really great hostel, well-located (in front of the French embassy!). The staff is very friendly and helpful. The common area was big enough and clean. Just the bathroom should be rearranged, but it is already on the agenda. Anyway, would definitely stay there again next time I'm in Bucharest!

• 30th Mar 2014

It was kind of good location like 2o minute walk from old town where every party is going on and the most major main sites to see are.The only thing that was likeable was that the staff was very nice and good But comparing to other hostels the midland hostel like facilities was very poor.But now that is my opinion..

We really enjoyed our time at this hostel, and they even went above and beyond to ensure that we were comfortable when we returned here for our second stay. The staff were friendly. They provide locks for the lock boxes, towels, sheets, and kitchen services. It's really close to the metro which is very convenient for riding into the center of Union Square. The overall feeling of the hostel is very cozy and warm.

Every stuffs are so kind. And the price is cheap. I recommend everyone this hostel, thanks.

Loved it ! Amazing staff, nice common areas and wonderful coffee :-)

The hostel its very nice, is in a good place near of the center and at 2 minut of the metro station. The location is excellent with a good room and a very well kitchen. I was here for 8 days, because i searched the place where i can live for the erasmus and during my research the staff was very nice, particularly I have to thank Roxandra and Alina for helping me to call in Romanian and to have been very kind and helpful. Its a best place :)

• 26th Feb 2014

I was only here a night but the staff was great, very helpful with sightseeing and when I needed to print something and they were out of paper they quickly ran to the store for me. The hostel had a good feel to it too and it was very inexpensive. I would go back if I returned to Bucuresti.

I really liked my stay...we had a great time...the hostel was very cozy and the staff very helpfull and nice to everyone. we thank you for all that you have done.

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Portugal

The music in the background was a bit loud and a bit late at night on several occasions but nothing unbearable. Wonderful, friendly, and informed staff, each and every!

• 8th Feb 2014

I booked 3 nights, ended up staying 3 weeks! The place is homey, comfortable and is located in one of the best parts of the city - you can walk to most places, there's a 24hr supermarket around the corner and you get a lovely view of the French Embassy from the balcony. But what really sets this place apart (like most places) is the staff! Eli, Ruxandra, Andre, Radu, and Alina are some of the most warm, kind, and generous people you will meet! I will definitely be coming back soon!