The Midland Hostel Reviews

Str Biserica Amzei, nr 22, Apt 3, Sector 1, Bucharest, Romania

Best hostel staff I've encountered so far :)

The only issue would be the big school group that was booked in. Kids in a hostel not a great idea

We're extremely sorry about that. Our policy is that we don't allow children unless the group takes the whole hostel, so as not to dampen the lively atmosphere that we normally have. We got surprised by this group having kids (no mention on the reservation) and there's nothing we could do but let them stay as they had rented 75% of the hostel. We will be more vigilant in the future and we hope the rest of your travels go swimmingly.

All of the dorms (spacious rooms, comfy beds) are facing a common area, which fosters interaction among the guests. I liked the lounge music they played, giant map of the world on the wall to explain where you are from or show off where to you have traveled and cool idea with improvised currency exchange. Large equipped kitchen to cook your meals. Located in a quiet and secure area. The only drawback - mixed showers and toilets are little cramped.

Really great stay in central Bucharest. All staff were very helpful in finding us places to eat/drink/go out - we really appreciated that! Thanks a lot guys - it's a great hostel.

Many thanks to Alina for her great support and kindness during our stay

I've stayed 5 days at this hostel and had a brillant time. The hostel seems to be magnetic to nice and interesting people and with the advice you get there, you won't ever get bored. Also, the star-shaped arrangement of the rooms with the common area in the center and also the size of the hostel are perfect for meeting other travellers. But what's even better is the staff: nice, funny, helpful, welcoming, easygoing. Thanks to Eli and Ruxana, and special thanks to Alina! See you next time! :)

Very helpful and friendly staff to everyone with any info you need!Thats very nice!Also great,that bedrooms is with air conditioner,only in salon was extremely hot,recommend to put at least some air fan.Funny atmosphere..

I wouldn't be exaggerating if I said that this was the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The staff were nice, interesting people, who made you feel welcome and were very helpful. The location is convenient in terms of proximity to pretty much everything that you might need, and if something is not easily accessible, the staff will explain how to get to where you need to go.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Latvia

I had a great time! The hotel has only pluses: welcoming and very helpful stuff , excellent location and the place was clean!

I loved Midland and it is because of its staff and the little details. I booked a few days, ended up staying a total of 2 weeks. The best feature is the common area, all rooms open to it and the reception is in there too so the staff hangs out with the guests, it really creates an awesome atmosphere. The staff also works hard to make your stay as comfortable as possible as opposed to get every single penny from you. Eli brought his own clipper from home for me and another guest to shave our hair

• 18th Jun 2014
  • BaoParty
  • Afghanistan

So friendly staff all

I loved this place. Eli was one of the nicest and most helpful hostel owners I have ever met. He made me feel right at home. This was a really relaxed hostel with only a small amount of beds and they all lead into a common area, it might have once been a flat. The staff that worked here were amazing. Super helpful and really nice. If you're even thinking about staying here, do it. You wont regret it.

I enjoyed my stay at Midland , the staff was friendly and helpful. There is a large enough kitchen to cook in cheap beer at the hostel if you want and of course WiFi . The downside is one bathroom with all showers and two toilets with one sink for everyone to share but that's not bad. The building itself is very old and charming and within walking distance to metro and buses.

Excellent place to stay! The beds are comfy, there is everything you want. The hostel is pretty small but thats ok. What makes it different or better compared to other hostels? The staff! Ruru, Alina and Elija are excellent people (havent met the others)! Thanks Ruru for the help, Alina for the talk in de middle of the night and Elija for partying! Hope to cu guys again sometimes!

I can't recommend this hostel highly enough! I spent 6 amazing weeks in this place while I was volunteering for an NGO in Bucharest. The location is perfect - it's near a metro and bus station, there are a lot of supermarkets/stores nearby and it's facing the French embassy (which makes the place really safe!). I made good friends with the staff as well as fellow guests. Hi Eli, Paula, Ruru, Andrei, Radu and Alina! Miss you guys! I hope to meet all of you again next year :D

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Philippines

Good hostel, good location, good price value.

Midland Hostel couldnt be in a better location, its impossible to be closer to the Black Church and the bars and clubs at the same time. The room had new furniture, very confortable beds and the staff girl give us really great advices and was very nice. I highly recommend to go there.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Hey guys, how much did you drink?? The Black Church is 3 hours away in Brasov. :) Just kidding - we loved having you here and will see you next time you come through town.

Although our experience in the Midland hostal was good, I cannot say that its high ranking in HostelWorld really corresponded to what we've seen. There were only 2 plugs in an 8-person room, the doors were always open and the showers/bathrooms looked very improvised. Also, the location is definitely not as good as the rating suggests.

Hey guys, we're glad you had a good experience with us. Location obviously depends on what you're looking for - if what you want is only to see the bars of Lipscani, yeah, we're 15 minutes away by foot, but there are better places nearby like Eden (currently the hottest club in town), Molotov, and A1 very close. If you're looking for the whole package of Bucharest, we are definitely in the center, with museums (art, peasant, etc), Cismigiu Park, and train station all within an easy walk.

Really great hostel, well-located (in front of the French embassy!). The staff is very friendly and helpful. The common area was big enough and clean. Just the bathroom should be rearranged, but it is already on the agenda. Anyway, would definitely stay there again next time I'm in Bucharest!

• 30th Mar 2014

It was kind of good location like 2o minute walk from old town where every party is going on and the most major main sites to see are.The only thing that was likeable was that the staff was very nice and good But comparing to other hostels the midland hostel like facilities was very poor.But now that is my opinion..