The Midland Hostel Reviews

Str Biserica Amzei, nr 22, Apt 3, Sector 1, Bucharest, Romania

The Midland Hostel is a great place to stay when visiting Bucharest. It has a great central location, yet it isn't on a busy street. I woke up to birds chirping instead of cars honking. The facilities are great; clean toilets, hot showers, big bedrooms and fully equipped kitchen. That said, the best thing about The Midland Hostel are the friendly people who work there. The staff was very helpful with any question I had and were just a pleasure to chat with. I recommend The Midland Hostel.

It was really nice to stay in your hostel. I must admit that your place is what I expect from a hostel because it is super easy to get in contact with other people. Also your staff is really helpful and friendly. If I'm going back to Bucarest one day I will definitly stay in your hostel again.

A lovely hostel. The staff were very friendly, the place was clean and comfortable, and the atmosphere was very laid back.

Excellent hostel and the staff is really nice and helpful! I'd definitely recomend it!!

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Chile

The staff is really amazing! This is already enough to recommend this hostel. I am very thankful to them and hope to meet those wonderful people again one day

Best hostel I've ever been to. Staff goes out of their way to make everyone feel welcome by breaking the ice and getting guests into a conversation in a non-pushy way, making it felt like a home. Over the week I stayed I met several interesting people (guy coming back from trip to Africa, PhD taking time off to learn languages, friendly Romanian people, etc). It would be nice if they upgraded the bathroom, but it works out if you spend more time enjoying new friends than you do in the shower :)

This hostel was small and very friendly, helped greatly by the very attentive staff who were always willing to help. It had a relaxed homely atmosphere with no nasty surprises. The only little problem was the very high shower water temperature which did not appear to be controllable. I only met the owner on departure day and he was extremely accomodating. All in all a recommendable hostel close to all the sights of Bucharest. I will be returning.

Midland hostel is a great place to stay. The building is impressive and the location is perfect. Beds are really comfortable and staff is very friendly and helpfull. I stayed in alot of different hostels before in bucharest, but this is the one i would recommend

Quirky hostel on the small side. Bunks were as you'd expect. Showers and WC are unisex, don't expect a blasting hot shower if all cubicles are in use. The staff were very helpful and kind. Kitchen facilities available. Overall, it had a grunge feel to it but no gripes, just your average hostel.

The people who work here are what makes this place special. They are some of the best staff you will ever find. Ruxandra and the others are some of the best people, much less hostel employees, that you will ever meet. If you want a true Romanian experience, you should definitely do yourself a favor and check them out.

I wish I could live in this hostel! The staff are just sooooo nice! It felt like home to me! It is small and cozy and at night you just hang out in the kitchen or in the living room playing games! It is just across the French embassy, so very secure. You can walk to the centre (about 10-15min), but taking the metro is a better option when it's minus 15! Please, do yourself a favour and enjoy this experience at this place! You'll definitely meet lovely people!

AMAZING STAFF! So helpful, friendly, and genuinely happy. Location is in a more local, student scene... Which we enjoyed much more than old town. Kitchen is well equipt. Transportation is easy too. Gorgeous Hostel, great people!

• 4th Jan 2015

Hostel is quite simple but very comforting! It is also quite small, which for me was a plus. Staff was so incredibly helpful! Loved to stay there. Definetely recomend.

Greatly located hostel, you can reach the old town in about 15 mins by walking. The hostel has all the facilities you would expect from such place, but the staff is the real plus here! Everyone at the reception is super friendly and always up for a chat, and Alina in particular helped me a lot with recommendations on places to visit and restaurants/bars, and also with sorting out the night transfer to the airport. Would definitely recommend the Midland Hostel.

The wifi was great throughout. The bathrooms left much to be desired. The latch did not work on any of the toilet doors and it was a really small bathroom for so many people. The staff was great especially this really bubbly girl with the orange sparkle nail polish -she was so helpful!! Overall, a good stay.

Good location. Excellent staff. No lockers to secure belongings. Comfortable beds, all you can drink coffee and tea, and great atmosphere. I'll return to stay.

Lovely hostel, good location and very helpful and friendly staff! It's about a five/ten minute from the old town which is great. And the metro station is two minutes away. The staff are really helpful to pick out things you want to do. Good mix of friendly travellers there too to socialise with. Very easy to get from the airport to the hostel too. My friend and I ended up staying here an extra night at the end of our trip too which was no problem to sort. Enjoyable stay! Thank you

Hostel was good with chatty staff who gave me heaps of travel advice. Good place to meet people. There's no space for changing in the showers but they have real coffee that you can make in a Moka and its only 15 RON to get your clothes washed dried and returned to you the same day.

This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. The amazing staff is what makes this hostel one of a kind. They make you feel at home and give you awesome advice! This cozy hostel is in walking distance to the Old Town, near a metro station and has great facilities. Special thanks to Ruru, Lina, Andreea, Paul and rest of the staff for all their kindness and dedication. Because of them Midland Hostel is a place that will make me always happy to return when travelling to Bucharest again! :)

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Portugal

No breakfast included in the price but the hostel is well maintained and with a good vibe. Not to close to old city . 20 min walking,