The Midland Hostel Reviews

Str Biserica Amzei, nr 22, Apt 3, Sector 1, Bucharest, Romania

Midlands is a cool hostel with a great staff. They were more than accommodating when we missed our train and had to arrive a day later! They gave us tons of recommendations and it was a great place to meet other travelers even though there weren't that many people in there. Will stay here again!

This hostel is great! The location is perfect (very close to the underground) and the staff is very nice and helpful! The atmosphere is superb!

A nice and friendly place with a big central reception and sitting area which invites contacts and exchanges. It is true that there is only one big bathroom with the showers and restrooms, but we didn't have to wait at any time during our stay. The hostel is one stairs up (second floor if you consider the ground floor to be the first floor) and we had to pain with our heavy luggage, but one of the staff came readily to help us. We keep excellent memories and wouldn't mind to return there again.

The shared toilet (and showers) are the only negative, constructive feedback I can provide here, although the washing machine was broken too which was unfortunate. I wish to give a really big thank you to the amazing staff. The two men were very helpful but the two ladies, Alina and Ruxandra were a real credit to the hostel. The place would have not been the same without them. Thank you so much. - Sami (UK)

The Midland Hostel is a great place to stay when visiting Bucharest. It has a great central location, yet it isn't on a busy street. I woke up to birds chirping instead of cars honking. The facilities are great; clean toilets, hot showers, big bedrooms and fully equipped kitchen. That said, the best thing about The Midland Hostel are the friendly people who work there. The staff was very helpful with any question I had and were just a pleasure to chat with. I recommend The Midland Hostel.

We had really good time at this place. Staff was very helpful with us, they gave us many tips for eating, transports, visit other places... The hostel is not huge, so you can rest but at the same time there are nice facilities to meet people. We ll come back! THank you very much!

It was really nice to stay in your hostel. I must admit that your place is what I expect from a hostel because it is super easy to get in contact with other people. Also your staff is really helpful and friendly. If I'm going back to Bucarest one day I will definitly stay in your hostel again.

A lovely hostel. The staff were very friendly, the place was clean and comfortable, and the atmosphere was very laid back.

Fantastic staff made for a very enjoyable few days in this hostel; interested, interesting and knowledgeable about their city.

Excellent hostel and the staff is really nice and helpful! I'd definitely recomend it!!

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Chile

The staff is really amazing! This is already enough to recommend this hostel. I am very thankful to them and hope to meet those wonderful people again one day

Best hostel I've ever been to. Staff goes out of their way to make everyone feel welcome by breaking the ice and getting guests into a conversation in a non-pushy way, making it felt like a home. Over the week I stayed I met several interesting people (guy coming back from trip to Africa, PhD taking time off to learn languages, friendly Romanian people, etc). It would be nice if they upgraded the bathroom, but it works out if you spend more time enjoying new friends than you do in the shower :)

This hostel was small and very friendly, helped greatly by the very attentive staff who were always willing to help. It had a relaxed homely atmosphere with no nasty surprises. The only little problem was the very high shower water temperature which did not appear to be controllable. I only met the owner on departure day and he was extremely accomodating. All in all a recommendable hostel close to all the sights of Bucharest. I will be returning.

Midland hostel is a great place to stay. The building is impressive and the location is perfect. Beds are really comfortable and staff is very friendly and helpfull. I stayed in alot of different hostels before in bucharest, but this is the one i would recommend

Quirky hostel on the small side. Bunks were as you'd expect. Showers and WC are unisex, don't expect a blasting hot shower if all cubicles are in use. The staff were very helpful and kind. Kitchen facilities available. Overall, it had a grunge feel to it but no gripes, just your average hostel.

The people who work here are what makes this place special. They are some of the best staff you will ever find. Ruxandra and the others are some of the best people, much less hostel employees, that you will ever meet. If you want a true Romanian experience, you should definitely do yourself a favor and check them out.

I wish I could live in this hostel! The staff are just sooooo nice! It felt like home to me! It is small and cozy and at night you just hang out in the kitchen or in the living room playing games! It is just across the French embassy, so very secure. You can walk to the centre (about 10-15min), but taking the metro is a better option when it's minus 15! Please, do yourself a favour and enjoy this experience at this place! You'll definitely meet lovely people!

AMAZING STAFF! So helpful, friendly, and genuinely happy. Location is in a more local, student scene... Which we enjoyed much more than old town. Kitchen is well equipt. Transportation is easy too. Gorgeous Hostel, great people!

• 4th Jan 2015

Hostel is quite simple but very comforting! It is also quite small, which for me was a plus. Staff was so incredibly helpful! Loved to stay there. Definetely recomend.

Greatly located hostel, you can reach the old town in about 15 mins by walking. The hostel has all the facilities you would expect from such place, but the staff is the real plus here! Everyone at the reception is super friendly and always up for a chat, and Alina in particular helped me a lot with recommendations on places to visit and restaurants/bars, and also with sorting out the night transfer to the airport. Would definitely recommend the Midland Hostel.