The Midland Hostel Reviews

Str Biserica Amzei, nr 22, Apt 3, Sector 1, Bucharest, Romania

Excellent hostel with great staff and atmosphere. Staff is very knowledgable about local area and can help with any questions. Definitely recommend and will be back if I'm back in Bucharest. Thank you!

The Midland Hostel is what hostels are meant to be: a place to stay staffed by friendly people (who are cooler than you or certainly me) and peopled by travellers,from various countries. It is far enough from the Old Town to mean you can get a good night's sleep but close enough to allow to enjoy a good night out and still stagger back rather than emptying your wallet into some taxi-driver's grasping hand. Good sized kitchen, smokers' balcony, large common room, enough loos and showers...

Honestly one of the best hostels I have stayed at. Although the facilities arnt the best & a little older everything else about it makes it great. The staff are all some of the nicest and most accommodating I've ever met and the way the hostel is set up provides for a great atmosphere. Occasionally in hostels it's difficult to meet people but the friendly and homey atmosphere allows for a great experience. Can't imagine staying anywhere else next time I'm in Bucharest.

Excellent stay! It may seem far, but it's not. It's a straight shot (15 min) walk from the train station on one street. The atmosphere was one of the best I've experienced with hostels. Loved this place, I'd def recommend it.

I loved this hostel. It has a wonderful familial vibe and the staff are not only helpful but they join in to make you feel at home and to make the atmosphere wonderful. I was very sad to leave

It feels like HOME!

Only once in a rare occasion does a hostel come along like the Midland hostel in Bucharest. First and foremost the atmosphere, a combination of the hostel itself along with the incredibly kind and welcoming staff and guests, is the best I have encountered in stays at over 100 hostels. RUXANDRA, ALINA, DAN, AND ELI are more like family then hosts and it's not unlikely that I would return to the Midland just to revisit the staff alone. My advice to you: STAY HERE!!!

I felt very welcomed the whole time, as the staff is more than happy to help you with everything. However, my suggestion for improvement are the bathrooms, which clearly need a refurbishment.

Staff lovely and very informative, friendly snd helpful. Good location

Amazing hostel, good atmosphere, friendly and helpfull staff.

• 10th Aug 2015
  • Nepal

Great atmosphere. Was made to feel very welcome. The common area is great for meeting people which was great traveling alone. All the staff were really helpful and friendly. Thanks for a great stay

Good small hostel with a nice social atmosphere. Staff are very friendly and helpful too. Only downsides were no lockers in my room (apparently all the keys had been lost) though the rooms seemed secure enough, and the bathroom/ showers weren't the best. Other than that I had a really great stay here and would happily return

Loved this hostel it was a good stay, the staff were amazing always nice and approachable and they let us check in at 7am which was a god send after a long train journey where we didn't get a sleeper. Good atmosphere created and do the pub crawl. The toilets however were tiny could barely fit myself I'm but the showers were ok except you have to walk through reception to get to them so everyone knows your showering

Cool, laid back hostel, very friendly staff.

The staff are very informative and go out of their way to help you with everything you need. It does feel very homely as everyone is friendly and we all sit in the main room together chatting about our travels. It's a smaller hostel but they still have events written on the chalkboard that everyone gets together to do. Also, the fact that there is AC is a major bonus because it was extremely hot in the day, and the staff allowing me to turn it on to nap during the day was much needed. Thanks!

An Amazing Experience at an Amazing Hostel with the BEST Possible Staff ever! Helpful, informative, funny, cooperative, They might even go out with you once their shift is done! The small common area makes it as a family living together. DEFINITELY would recommend it to anyone visiting Bucharest. All Staff were AWESOME. I am not mentioning Names on purpose as ALL of them were Equally helpful!

A great hostel that is built for the original backpacker. Good location and awesome little balcony. A little rough around the edges, but everything is functional and more importantly clean. Ruxandra and Alina were great staff and always kept the atmosphere and helpfulness to high standards.

Quite nice hostel. Nice atmosphere and good location. Nice dorms. Different experience with staff. Especially one of the girls was super helpfull, others were more passive and not very accomodating. Negative experience was that during our first night there was a lot of noise outside till late in the morning (all bedrooms are adjacent to the common area). Nice kitchen with good facilities and nice ambiance. Bathroom was quite small for all people in the hostel en sometimes dirty.

it is a lot cleaner than it looks but that's just because of the building. the staff are so lovely and helpful. the common area is really cool and the beer tab is the best idea. I was only there a short time but it was a very nice chilled out hostel.

Fantastic friendly staff, good atmosphere, and great location.

• 26th Jul 2015