The Midland Hostel Reviews

Str Biserica Amzei, nr 22, Apt 3, Sector 1, Bucharest, Romania

Really enjoyed my time at this hostel. The staff was super friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was excellent. They have an excellent kitchen too. The locks in the bathroom on the showers and toilets could use some work. Other than that I really enjoyed my stay there and wish I could've stayed longer. Thank you guys!

This hostel is really amazing! The staff is so cool and friendly! It is so easy to make friends! Also the location is very very good! I had a very awesome time there!!! 😄💘 thank u my lovely!! 😄

• 20th Jan 2016

Friendly staff and cute atmosphere, but there seemed to be a lack of privacy/security. There are no locks on the doors and people would enter our room (who were not staying in there) randomly without knocking or anything. Bathrooms are a bit rough as well so bring your flip flops. I would still recommend this place, but just be aware of these things.

This is a great hostel for chilling out and meeting people. The staff were super friendly, gave us all kinds of recommendations and even invited all guests for lunch (some delicious romanian food :) We stayed at the private room downstairs which is big and comfortable but a bit cold in winter and warm water ran out while showering in the morning. Friendly, uncomplicated and well organized. We loved staying here!

It's a small hostel with amazing atmosphere, I was in almost seven hostels in Bucharest and I must say I had the best time in this one - It's close to the ROMANA Metro. I also must admit that I would not recommend this place to people with high standards, the floor in the showers is from improvised wooden planks and the lockers are from outdated / partially broken wooden furniture, even though, I liked it as it gives a more causal feeling to the place.

Clean, safe, secure, well informed friendly staff. Great location. Highly recommended.

• 20th Dec 2015
  • Romania

Nice, cozy hostel with amazing bunch of people (both staff members and volunteers), it's really easy to make friends and hang out with everyone. Great location, facilities are very good and everything is clean. I'm sure my time in Bucharest would not have been half as good if I stayed elsewhere! Once again HUGE thanks for your help with transportation to Moldova, looking forward to seeing you soon somewhere in the world! :)

Location was quite far away from old town but in a safe area around the French Ambassy. All by all good hostel but water was also an issue: not warm enough or not enough pressure.

Definitely the coolest Hostel I have stayed at ! Staffs are friendly, helpful and very welcoming, making a warm atmosphere, laid back and hospitable. Over all clean and good facilities, big kitchen, good wifi, nice living area, toilets/showers are fine. Stayed at 4 bedrooms which are specious, big closets,locker, free towels. Very well located at the center. Once again cannot emphasize enough the friendliness of the staffs whom I met, Marios, Maria, Rudi, Andrea and the rest, thank you so much !

The hostel is really well located and really nice. But if you want to have a good rest in a calm atmosphere it is definitely not a good situation for you. The main room is always full of persons and the bedrooms are not really isolated so you can hear everything from your bed. And people keep to listen to music very loud till late at night. So even if you sleep with earplugs you can hear all the basses of the music. Pretty annoying. Showers and wc don't have a good privacy.

Perfect location in Bucarest and nicest staff!

One of my absolute favorite hostels in 7 months of backpacking!! **do not miss this place!** I booked 2 nights and ended up staying for 3 weeks! - Super friendly and comfortable atmosphere, met lots of other cool backpackers here. There's someone to chat to at all hours of the day. - Awesome staff and volunteers who treat everyone with warmth and make you feel at home. Always willing to share a beer or a glass of wine. - Walking distance from bars/clubs, yet in a quiet less touristic area.

Mostly good. Good location, comfortable beds. Staff and friends partied loudly during the night and slept on all the couches in the lounge the following morning, which was a bit off-putting. Lots of shampoo and soaps, which was great. Staff was great helping us rent a car and recommending local sites and flavors. Fast WiFi, clean showers, free coffee were all nice bonuses.

Was a nice hostel

This place is more of a home than a hostel! We were instantly welcomed and would gladly return again! The beds were brilliant, wifi was amazing and the amount of interaction between staff and other people staying there was fantastic! You will not have a bad time staying here and we feel lucky to have accidentally chosen it for our stay! We are two backpackers travelling around Europe and both of us consider this place the highlight of our trip!

• 30th Oct 2015

Very good place. I enjoyed Radu's company

I had an amazing stay in the Midland, thanks first to the staff, Dan is amazing, he received me as a friend from the beginning, really knowledgeable and funny. Marius is amazing too, but of course at night I didnt want to bother him too much.. thanks guys! Good location, supermarket on the next street, locker free of use (well, you only have to leave 5 lei deposit if you dont bring with you a lock). Really convenient for the price I paid.. Ill be back soon! Cheers

it was about a 10-15 min walk to the centre of the old town. Couple of bars nearby and loads on route. Showers weren't good, staff were cool. wouldn't recommend for stag parties etc.

• 17th Oct 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Showers need doing up... broken tiles etc add lights per bed and power sockets.. its easy to make!

One of the best hostels I have been to. The founders of the hostel have designed their own card game called TravelIn. The game exercised my mental muscle and helped me get to know fellow travellers better. Played Catalan (a strategy based board game) after a few rounds of TravelIn. I spent only a night at Bucharest which was a night-out(after a very long time) playing games and smoking up. Had a great time. Highly recommend the Midland Hostel

« first « Prev 1 2 3