The Midland Hostel Reviews

Str Biserica Amzei, nr 22, Apt 3, Sector 1, Bucharest, Romania

The staff at Midland are just amazing. So friendly and helpful. This was one of the best hostels I've stayed in for atmosphere alone.It's in a great location and i would definitely stay there again.

Its a small hostel, which is great to meet new people. Good location and excellent staff who go out of their way to help people. Only negative was the small bathrooms, but no big deal as everything else make up for it.

Really helpful friendly staff. Nice small hostel with a central common room perfect for a lone traveler.

Midland hostel is a very great hostel. The staff is very friendly and made my stay so good. Thanks in particular to Alina Mariana (or Mariana Alina, I don't remember), who helped me a lot to deal with booking, taxis and other. (She also cooked breakfast for me). I had arrived in Bucarest very tired and stressed after a long trip, and here I have found the right atmosphere to relax, to regenerate myself and to enjoy the city.

This was at least my fifth stay at this hostel and I'm definitely coming back again! A big plus to the staff, without them it would't be the same. The hostel itself has a grate layout with an common area in the middle and all the rooms located around it so you always meet people and start a conversation. It's located 15min of walking from the city center and 4min from the subway and bus that takes you to the airport. Even more 15min from the main train station. For last a big up Ruxandra!

Staff who checked me in weren't super great, but left some belongings there and ruxandra has been amazing in helping me get them back. Location isn't fantastic but metro is easy to use. Bathrooms are pretty cramped with limited privacy because of stalls

If you value sleep do not stay here. The hostel is very noisy with people coming in and out. The doors open directly into the common space so there is always bright light shining in the room. One of the staff members also found it appropriate to play music at 5:30 am waking up our entire room. The bathrooms were gross and while we were there the lights didn't work so the bathroom was dark. Lack of plugs in the room and the room smelled horrible and needed a deep cleaning. We don't recommend.

We were made to feel at home. The hostel is really quirky and homely, the beds are comfortable and everything is clean (showers smell a bit funky but you can't win them all). Lucandra gave us a very comprehensive run down of the local area and she was honest in telling us which tourist traps to avoid. Our dorm mates were always interesting and from all over the world and the kitchen and sofa areas ensured it was easy to make friends! Special mention to Alina and Paul for being so helpful 24/7.

This is my first review I will have written after staying in well over 100 hostels. Having travelled on / off for the last three years across all of Europe & Central Asia, this hostel honestly ranks up there with the absolute best. The layout is just perfect for a hostel, mix that with genuinly the best staff I have ever witnessed and the amazing location and you have this amazing place. I would come back just for the hostel and forget Bucharest. Ruxa is an angel!

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Wales

I had a great time in Bucuresti and it was all due to this hostel. Though there's nothing special about the rooms or washrooms, it's all about the kitchen and chill out area. Not to mention that amazing staff that hung out and socialized beyond what was expected. Not a far walk to the city centre with heaps to do right in the area as well. I would definitely come back!

Love the staff and the atmosphere they create. This hostel has the essence, in my opinion, of what a hostel should be; a place where you can meet new friends, feel like home, be yourself. Thank you and keep up the grate job!

Had a great stay at Midland. Fantastic staff, facilities and location. Had aircon which was a great plus.

Very good hostel and very good for money. We stayed for 2 nights, it had everything we needed and the hostel workers were very helpful answering our questions and giving us tips. We would have liked a bigger shower area to get changed after a shower but we understand that space was limited. Otherwise we would highly recommend this hostel for a stay in Bucharest.

• 10th Jul 2015

Friendly and helpful staffs. Nice atmosphere and good neighborhood.

Hostel is located at one of central and nicest neighborhoods in Bucharest. You can easily walk to the Old Town and other attractions. I really enjoyed my stay there, as staff were really helpful and gave me the all directions and recommendations I needed both in Bucharest and other cities those I visited in Romania. The atmosphere in the hostel was great, as I made lots of informative conversations with the people. The bathroom was a little tight though, but overall the hostel deserves its rate.

The hostel was very laidback and chill. There's only 24 beds so you get to know almost everyone in the hostel, including the staff members, which were nice and extremely helpful to all of us.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Sweden

This is the best hostel ever in my life! I had a big problem with flight and luggage, but they just helped me without wanting anything from me.. I thought there's nothing free in the world, but Midland was the exception i met. They just said they are helping me just because they want to. Thank god i chose this hostel and met these nice people! I believe in Karma, so i believe all the good things will come to you guys! Thank you Eli and Alina with lots of hugs!

• 16th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

Amazing stay. Super great staff, awesome common space, and whole space is very clean. I'll be staying here anytime I'm in Bucharest!

Very Good Place to stay with old world charm. It is centrally located and very easy to reach from the airport or railway station. The staff are very helpful. Highly recommended. If you are too many then there would be a pressure on bathroom availability. But other than that (which can be easily managed) full marks.

This hostel was exactly what I needed for my short stay. The bathrooms are a bit more communal than I am used to, but it wasn't bad at all. There were a few nice coffee shops nearby and it is a nice walk to the old town. I would stay here again for sure. :)