The Midland Hostel Reviews

Str Biserica Amzei, nr 22, Apt 3, Sector 1, Bucharest, Romania

The staff are very informative and go out of their way to help you with everything you need. It does feel very homely as everyone is friendly and we all sit in the main room together chatting about our travels. It's a smaller hostel but they still have events written on the chalkboard that everyone gets together to do. Also, the fact that there is AC is a major bonus because it was extremely hot in the day, and the staff allowing me to turn it on to nap during the day was much needed. Thanks!

An Amazing Experience at an Amazing Hostel with the BEST Possible Staff ever! Helpful, informative, funny, cooperative, They might even go out with you once their shift is done! The small common area makes it as a family living together. DEFINITELY would recommend it to anyone visiting Bucharest. All Staff were AWESOME. I am not mentioning Names on purpose as ALL of them were Equally helpful!

A great hostel that is built for the original backpacker. Good location and awesome little balcony. A little rough around the edges, but everything is functional and more importantly clean. Ruxandra and Alina were great staff and always kept the atmosphere and helpfulness to high standards.

Quite nice hostel. Nice atmosphere and good location. Nice dorms. Different experience with staff. Especially one of the girls was super helpfull, others were more passive and not very accomodating. Negative experience was that during our first night there was a lot of noise outside till late in the morning (all bedrooms are adjacent to the common area). Nice kitchen with good facilities and nice ambiance. Bathroom was quite small for all people in the hostel en sometimes dirty.

it is a lot cleaner than it looks but that's just because of the building. the staff are so lovely and helpful. the common area is really cool and the beer tab is the best idea. I was only there a short time but it was a very nice chilled out hostel.

Fantastic friendly staff, good atmosphere, and great location.

• 26th Jul 2015

The staff at Midland are just amazing. So friendly and helpful. This was one of the best hostels I've stayed in for atmosphere alone.It's in a great location and i would definitely stay there again.

Its a small hostel, which is great to meet new people. Good location and excellent staff who go out of their way to help people. Only negative was the small bathrooms, but no big deal as everything else make up for it.

Really helpful friendly staff. Nice small hostel with a central common room perfect for a lone traveler.

Midland hostel is a very great hostel. The staff is very friendly and made my stay so good. Thanks in particular to Alina Mariana (or Mariana Alina, I don't remember), who helped me a lot to deal with booking, taxis and other. (She also cooked breakfast for me). I had arrived in Bucarest very tired and stressed after a long trip, and here I have found the right atmosphere to relax, to regenerate myself and to enjoy the city.

This was at least my fifth stay at this hostel and I'm definitely coming back again! A big plus to the staff, without them it would't be the same. The hostel itself has a grate layout with an common area in the middle and all the rooms located around it so you always meet people and start a conversation. It's located 15min of walking from the city center and 4min from the subway and bus that takes you to the airport. Even more 15min from the main train station. For last a big up Ruxandra!

Staff who checked me in weren't super great, but left some belongings there and ruxandra has been amazing in helping me get them back. Location isn't fantastic but metro is easy to use. Bathrooms are pretty cramped with limited privacy because of stalls

If you value sleep do not stay here. The hostel is very noisy with people coming in and out. The doors open directly into the common space so there is always bright light shining in the room. One of the staff members also found it appropriate to play music at 5:30 am waking up our entire room. The bathrooms were gross and while we were there the lights didn't work so the bathroom was dark. Lack of plugs in the room and the room smelled horrible and needed a deep cleaning. We don't recommend.

We were made to feel at home. The hostel is really quirky and homely, the beds are comfortable and everything is clean (showers smell a bit funky but you can't win them all). Lucandra gave us a very comprehensive run down of the local area and she was honest in telling us which tourist traps to avoid. Our dorm mates were always interesting and from all over the world and the kitchen and sofa areas ensured it was easy to make friends! Special mention to Alina and Paul for being so helpful 24/7.

This is my first review I will have written after staying in well over 100 hostels. Having travelled on / off for the last three years across all of Europe & Central Asia, this hostel honestly ranks up there with the absolute best. The layout is just perfect for a hostel, mix that with genuinly the best staff I have ever witnessed and the amazing location and you have this amazing place. I would come back just for the hostel and forget Bucharest. Ruxa is an angel!

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Wales

I had a great time in Bucuresti and it was all due to this hostel. Though there's nothing special about the rooms or washrooms, it's all about the kitchen and chill out area. Not to mention that amazing staff that hung out and socialized beyond what was expected. Not a far walk to the city centre with heaps to do right in the area as well. I would definitely come back!

Love the staff and the atmosphere they create. This hostel has the essence, in my opinion, of what a hostel should be; a place where you can meet new friends, feel like home, be yourself. Thank you and keep up the grate job!

Had a great stay at Midland. Fantastic staff, facilities and location. Had aircon which was a great plus.

Very good hostel and very good for money. We stayed for 2 nights, it had everything we needed and the hostel workers were very helpful answering our questions and giving us tips. We would have liked a bigger shower area to get changed after a shower but we understand that space was limited. Otherwise we would highly recommend this hostel for a stay in Bucharest.

• 10th Jul 2015

Friendly and helpful staffs. Nice atmosphere and good neighborhood.