The Midland Hostel Reviews

Str Biserica Amzei, nr 22, Apt 3, Sector 1, Bucharest, Romania

I really liked my stay...we had a great time...the hostel was very cozy and the staff very helpfull and nice to everyone. we thank you for all that you have done.

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Portugal

The music in the background was a bit loud and a bit late at night on several occasions but nothing unbearable. Wonderful, friendly, and informed staff, each and every!

• 8th Feb 2014

I booked 3 nights, ended up staying 3 weeks! The place is homey, comfortable and is located in one of the best parts of the city - you can walk to most places, there's a 24hr supermarket around the corner and you get a lovely view of the French Embassy from the balcony. But what really sets this place apart (like most places) is the staff! Eli, Ruxandra, Andre, Radu, and Alina are some of the most warm, kind, and generous people you will meet! I will definitely be coming back soon!

This is a great hostel with very friendly staff. It's close to the centre and excellent value for money. I highly recommend it.

Amazing hostel! Friendly English speaking staff, nice rooms, big common colorful area and amazing atmosphere! Clean hostel and perfect location close to the main city attractions! It's a bit difficult to get dressed in the bathroom.. except for this.. one of the best hostel I have been to! Highly recommended!

Lovely hostel, located next to the French Ambassy in close proximity to everything. Both owners and the staff are amazing people and most important helpful and friendly. The inside atmosphere is unique and the ambient is chill out. Plenty of hot water, towles included, convenient kitchen. Will come again with pleasure

I had a marvelous stay here over Christmas. The staff was ebullient and capable of making every wish come true, the place was clean and being cleaned. The location made the entire city available on foot--you may have to walk a bit, but Bucharest is lovely.

I like this place. It has a good social vibe. The girls working at the reception are awesome - nice and really helpful. I highly recommend this hostel.

staffs are great just listen their advice for place

This hostel is great, really comfortable, a good atmosphere, friendly staff and close to the city atractions and night life. I met nice people there and i would stay there again for sure.

Very good hostel. Staff were brilliant and helpful

The staff are what make this hostel so good - really ready to help you out however they can. The hostel itself needs a bit of a deep clean, and beware if you really crave privacy - the shower stalls aren't really equipped with tons of space to dress. I'd stay here again.

I really enjoyed my stay at Midland. Facilities were all very nice and clean. The owners were very welcoming and friendly, they even helped me with my further travel planning and recommended me places to go to in Romania. And they were also very happy to have some beers with the guests at night.

Stayed here before and it's my place of choice in Bucharest. They made some changes since my last stay (beer fridge, decoration, new showerheads, etc) and the owners (new?) said more changes are on the way. Still has great staff and a comfortable, relaxed attitude, so I would recommend it completely. Thanks guys and see you in a few months.

It was fantastic. I love the location in a nice and safe neighborhood (just in front of the french embassy). Kitchen facilities are good, you can easily prepare your meal, there is a couple of big grocery stores around, and also those little kiosk with Romanian pastries you have to try... The staff really like their job, they will show you the best places to visit, book a tour for you, recommend many cool bars/clubs in town. I would happily stay there again!

• 17th Sep 2013
  • Poland

i am a world traveler stayed here for 3 nights nice hostel very good staff.the owner Tudor Malvina and a very nice and kind Malina staff excellent people and very friendly.my baggage has not reached they helped me to get it from airport with so many calls please go ahead and book kumar

GOOD HOSTEL

I stayed in this hostel for a few days. It is located right across the French embassy (easier to find this spot than looking for street name). In Romania, such places are guarded by police 24 hours a day, so it feels quite save. Guests are usually one night standers. It's quite calm inside the hostel during the curfew hours. Breakfast is served, but nothing outstanding: just toasters with jam, eggs and cereal. The rooms are clean and there are lockers, but you will need a tiny lock for it.

We really enjoyed staying at this hostel. Everything was clean, breakfast was included, there was air conditioning in the room, and the staff was really helpful and welcoming. The only things that'd need to be improved would be security - none of the doors were locked, even the main one downstairs - and the shower cubicles, which are very clean, but there's hardly any space where you can leave your clothes, so dressing up gets a little tricky if you don't want to be naked in front of everyone :)

Absolutely fantastic hostel! Would definitely stay again! The staff were so so so helpful and enabled us to have the best Bucharest experience we could have asked for!