The Midland Hostel Reviews

Str Biserica Amzei, nr 22, Apt 3, Sector 1, Bucharest, Romania

Amazing hostel! Friendly English speaking staff, nice rooms, big common colorful area and amazing atmosphere! Clean hostel and perfect location close to the main city attractions! It's a bit difficult to get dressed in the bathroom.. except for this.. one of the best hostel I have been to! Highly recommended!

Lovely hostel, located next to the French Ambassy in close proximity to everything. Both owners and the staff are amazing people and most important helpful and friendly. The inside atmosphere is unique and the ambient is chill out. Plenty of hot water, towles included, convenient kitchen. Will come again with pleasure

I had a marvelous stay here over Christmas. The staff was ebullient and capable of making every wish come true, the place was clean and being cleaned. The location made the entire city available on foot--you may have to walk a bit, but Bucharest is lovely.

I like this place. It has a good social vibe. The girls working at the reception are awesome - nice and really helpful. I highly recommend this hostel.

staffs are great just listen their advice for place

This hostel is great, really comfortable, a good atmosphere, friendly staff and close to the city atractions and night life. I met nice people there and i would stay there again for sure.

Very good hostel. Staff were brilliant and helpful

The staff are what make this hostel so good - really ready to help you out however they can. The hostel itself needs a bit of a deep clean, and beware if you really crave privacy - the shower stalls aren't really equipped with tons of space to dress. I'd stay here again.

I really enjoyed my stay at Midland. Facilities were all very nice and clean. The owners were very welcoming and friendly, they even helped me with my further travel planning and recommended me places to go to in Romania. And they were also very happy to have some beers with the guests at night.

Stayed here before and it's my place of choice in Bucharest. They made some changes since my last stay (beer fridge, decoration, new showerheads, etc) and the owners (new?) said more changes are on the way. Still has great staff and a comfortable, relaxed attitude, so I would recommend it completely. Thanks guys and see you in a few months.

It was fantastic. I love the location in a nice and safe neighborhood (just in front of the french embassy). Kitchen facilities are good, you can easily prepare your meal, there is a couple of big grocery stores around, and also those little kiosk with Romanian pastries you have to try... The staff really like their job, they will show you the best places to visit, book a tour for you, recommend many cool bars/clubs in town. I would happily stay there again!

• 17th Sep 2013
  • Poland

i am a world traveler stayed here for 3 nights nice hostel very good staff.the owner Tudor Malvina and a very nice and kind Malina staff excellent people and very friendly.my baggage has not reached they helped me to get it from airport with so many calls please go ahead and book kumar

GOOD HOSTEL

I stayed in this hostel for a few days. It is located right across the French embassy (easier to find this spot than looking for street name). In Romania, such places are guarded by police 24 hours a day, so it feels quite save. Guests are usually one night standers. It's quite calm inside the hostel during the curfew hours. Breakfast is served, but nothing outstanding: just toasters with jam, eggs and cereal. The rooms are clean and there are lockers, but you will need a tiny lock for it.

We really enjoyed staying at this hostel. Everything was clean, breakfast was included, there was air conditioning in the room, and the staff was really helpful and welcoming. The only things that'd need to be improved would be security - none of the doors were locked, even the main one downstairs - and the shower cubicles, which are very clean, but there's hardly any space where you can leave your clothes, so dressing up gets a little tricky if you don't want to be naked in front of everyone :)

Absolutely fantastic hostel! Would definitely stay again! The staff were so so so helpful and enabled us to have the best Bucharest experience we could have asked for!

• 12th Aug 2013

We stayed in the six bed dorm which was comfy and spacious. The hostel is in a lovely building and near train station and metro. Very tidy and clean with attentive opener constantly checking on kitchen bin, toilets etc. We would stay here again.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Hospitable and friendly staff, very clean and tidy, cosy atmosphere, breakfast was a nice surprise. The location is perfect - a minute walk to the metro station, about 10 mins to university and to the heart to the city.

Great location close to metro station and twenty minutes walk from main train station. We stayed in the four bed dorm, which was spacious, clean and comfortable. The kitchen and fridge were useful for our evening meal and the whole hostel is kept incredibly clean. Good wifi and charging points in lounge. Also four showers so no queues.

The hostel has a good atmosphere and very friendly staff. However, the rooms are small and the bathrooms are really really small and made by putting adhoc partitions in a room and are not clean.

• 22nd Jul 2013
  • India

Our rooms are 4 meters tall and we wouldn't consider an 8 bed dorm which is 30 sq meters (as big as a 2 room apartment) to be small. But some people are probably used to palaces :) - we don't have one. The bathrooms are as big as any swimming pool showers, standard size. They are cleaned 2 times a day, and sometimes 3 times, when it is necessary. The times when the bathroom has been cleaned are displayed inside the bathroom, on the wall.