The Midland Hostel Reviews

Str Biserica Amzei, nr 22, Apt 3, Sector 1, Bucharest, Romania

The staff are what make this hostel so good - really ready to help you out however they can. The hostel itself needs a bit of a deep clean, and beware if you really crave privacy - the shower stalls aren't really equipped with tons of space to dress. I'd stay here again.

I really enjoyed my stay at Midland. Facilities were all very nice and clean. The owners were very welcoming and friendly, they even helped me with my further travel planning and recommended me places to go to in Romania. And they were also very happy to have some beers with the guests at night.

Stayed here before and it's my place of choice in Bucharest. They made some changes since my last stay (beer fridge, decoration, new showerheads, etc) and the owners (new?) said more changes are on the way. Still has great staff and a comfortable, relaxed attitude, so I would recommend it completely. Thanks guys and see you in a few months.

It was fantastic. I love the location in a nice and safe neighborhood (just in front of the french embassy). Kitchen facilities are good, you can easily prepare your meal, there is a couple of big grocery stores around, and also those little kiosk with Romanian pastries you have to try... The staff really like their job, they will show you the best places to visit, book a tour for you, recommend many cool bars/clubs in town. I would happily stay there again!

• 17th Sep 2013
  • Poland

i am a world traveler stayed here for 3 nights nice hostel very good staff.the owner Tudor Malvina and a very nice and kind Malina staff excellent people and very friendly.my baggage has not reached they helped me to get it from airport with so many calls please go ahead and book kumar

GOOD HOSTEL

I stayed in this hostel for a few days. It is located right across the French embassy (easier to find this spot than looking for street name). In Romania, such places are guarded by police 24 hours a day, so it feels quite save. Guests are usually one night standers. It's quite calm inside the hostel during the curfew hours. Breakfast is served, but nothing outstanding: just toasters with jam, eggs and cereal. The rooms are clean and there are lockers, but you will need a tiny lock for it.

We really enjoyed staying at this hostel. Everything was clean, breakfast was included, there was air conditioning in the room, and the staff was really helpful and welcoming. The only things that'd need to be improved would be security - none of the doors were locked, even the main one downstairs - and the shower cubicles, which are very clean, but there's hardly any space where you can leave your clothes, so dressing up gets a little tricky if you don't want to be naked in front of everyone :)

Absolutely fantastic hostel! Would definitely stay again! The staff were so so so helpful and enabled us to have the best Bucharest experience we could have asked for!

• 12th Aug 2013

We stayed in the six bed dorm which was comfy and spacious. The hostel is in a lovely building and near train station and metro. Very tidy and clean with attentive opener constantly checking on kitchen bin, toilets etc. We would stay here again.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Hospitable and friendly staff, very clean and tidy, cosy atmosphere, breakfast was a nice surprise. The location is perfect - a minute walk to the metro station, about 10 mins to university and to the heart to the city.

Great location close to metro station and twenty minutes walk from main train station. We stayed in the four bed dorm, which was spacious, clean and comfortable. The kitchen and fridge were useful for our evening meal and the whole hostel is kept incredibly clean. Good wifi and charging points in lounge. Also four showers so no queues.

The hostel has a good atmosphere and very friendly staff. However, the rooms are small and the bathrooms are really really small and made by putting adhoc partitions in a room and are not clean.

• 22nd Jul 2013
  • India

Our rooms are 4 meters tall and we wouldn't consider an 8 bed dorm which is 30 sq meters (as big as a 2 room apartment) to be small. But some people are probably used to palaces :) - we don't have one. The bathrooms are as big as any swimming pool showers, standard size. They are cleaned 2 times a day, and sometimes 3 times, when it is necessary. The times when the bathroom has been cleaned are displayed inside the bathroom, on the wall.

i was very comfortable at your hostel. You have lovely staff too. Its particularly great hostel for short term stayers to bucharest. The only thing lacking is a garden or open terrace of some description which would keep me on longer term but understandly you can only do with what you have. Excellent and ticks all the basic boxes one looks for in a hostel. :)

Good hostel, nice breakfast, nice common room, and strong wifi. Staff is friendly and helpful. Security is good, there are lockers for valuables (I brought my own lock and the lockers work with smaller locks). Since the toilet paper cannot be flushed, the trash cans should be emptied more often to prevent the smell. A bit of a walk from the center (20-30 minutes depending on your speed) but close to public transportation stops if need be.

The staff was friendly and helpfull, but not as outgoing as in a lot of other hostels. Good location, nice kitchen and living room.

That's because we are not hiring aliens at the moment. The human staff tends to be tired from time to time and as such, they are not as outgoing as an E.T. at those times :)

There are very interesting places you can visit in Bucharest if you ask the staff...don't go to the tourist places...the hostel was very good, too.

Very nice Hostel. Friendly staff, especially Doru ;), thank you for all the great tips. It's very clean and great to meet people, great value for money. Would definetly stay here again.

Very good hostel, convenient location.I had a great time here in Bucharest The bathrooms are narrow but it is understandable, the house is national patromony and they cannot make big changes

• 4th Jul 2013
  • Romania

At walking distance from the train station and the old town, the staff was really nice, breakfast a bit poor though

Our breakfast consists of : eggs, cheese, jam and margarine, sausage, fresh bread, coffee and tea ( hot tea and ice tea) available all day long. In summer we also have fresh tomatoes added to breakfast.