The Midland Hostel Reviews

Str Biserica Amzei, nr 22, Apt 3, Sector 1, Bucharest, Romania

Hostel is located at one of central and nicest neighborhoods in Bucharest. You can easily walk to the Old Town and other attractions. I really enjoyed my stay there, as staff were really helpful and gave me the all directions and recommendations I needed both in Bucharest and other cities those I visited in Romania. The atmosphere in the hostel was great, as I made lots of informative conversations with the people. The bathroom was a little tight though, but overall the hostel deserves its rate.

The hostel was very laidback and chill. There's only 24 beds so you get to know almost everyone in the hostel, including the staff members, which were nice and extremely helpful to all of us.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Sweden

This is the best hostel ever in my life! I had a big problem with flight and luggage, but they just helped me without wanting anything from me.. I thought there's nothing free in the world, but Midland was the exception i met. They just said they are helping me just because they want to. Thank god i chose this hostel and met these nice people! I believe in Karma, so i believe all the good things will come to you guys! Thank you Eli and Alina with lots of hugs!

• 16th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

Amazing stay. Super great staff, awesome common space, and whole space is very clean. I'll be staying here anytime I'm in Bucharest!

Very Good Place to stay with old world charm. It is centrally located and very easy to reach from the airport or railway station. The staff are very helpful. Highly recommended. If you are too many then there would be a pressure on bathroom availability. But other than that (which can be easily managed) full marks.

This hostel was exactly what I needed for my short stay. The bathrooms are a bit more communal than I am used to, but it wasn't bad at all. There were a few nice coffee shops nearby and it is a nice walk to the old town. I would stay here again for sure. :)

I stayed at midland hostel from 4 june to 7 and I enjoyed it very much. The staff were all very nice and helpfull! Especially Alina whom I met a few time during my stay, she was always there to help if I had any questions or I needed something. I dirrently going to stay there again, when I'm coming back to Bucharest..

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Denmark

This is my most favorite hostel. I have never been to any other like it. It is small, and set up like a house. It is cozy, with only 24 beds in three bedrooms. All three rooms, the bathroom, and the kitchen (with walkout balcony) are centrally connected to the common room, a large living room with a beautiful skylight. The staff is unbelievably kind and fun to be with, and they will help you during your stay in any way they can. Whenever I return to Bucharest, this is where I will always stay.

well situated on the calea victorei, easy walking distance to sights.

Great place with friendly atmosphere. Alina gave me directions and answered my questions about Bucharest and Romania Close to everything and staff very helpful. Will definitly go back next time in Bucharest. Thanks staff

• 21st May 2015

Midland surely stands out as best friends' place ever! Once you stay longer than a couple days spending some time chatting with the staff and fellow travellers here, you'll want to extend your stay. It feels like home because it's a cozy place with absolutely no signs around ("keep clean", etc) and the staff are like your friends, always very engaging and helpful. Special thanks to Alina! It feels really safe here. I like it's ideal location too, with all the conveniences just around the corner!

• 21st May 2015
  • Taiwan

great place so easy to meet people. staff was really friendly. just they told me oh nobody is going to constanta it is fine if you book the train in the morning but then the train was fully booked :(

Amazing hostel and the atmosphere was great!

Midlands is a cool hostel with a great staff. They were more than accommodating when we missed our train and had to arrive a day later! They gave us tons of recommendations and it was a great place to meet other travelers even though there weren't that many people in there. Will stay here again!

This hostel is great! The location is perfect (very close to the underground) and the staff is very nice and helpful! The atmosphere is superb!

A nice and friendly place with a big central reception and sitting area which invites contacts and exchanges. It is true that there is only one big bathroom with the showers and restrooms, but we didn't have to wait at any time during our stay. The hostel is one stairs up (second floor if you consider the ground floor to be the first floor) and we had to pain with our heavy luggage, but one of the staff came readily to help us. We keep excellent memories and wouldn't mind to return there again.

The shared toilet (and showers) are the only negative, constructive feedback I can provide here, although the washing machine was broken too which was unfortunate. I wish to give a really big thank you to the amazing staff. The two men were very helpful but the two ladies, Alina and Ruxandra were a real credit to the hostel. The place would have not been the same without them. Thank you so much. - Sami (UK)

The Midland Hostel is a great place to stay when visiting Bucharest. It has a great central location, yet it isn't on a busy street. I woke up to birds chirping instead of cars honking. The facilities are great; clean toilets, hot showers, big bedrooms and fully equipped kitchen. That said, the best thing about The Midland Hostel are the friendly people who work there. The staff was very helpful with any question I had and were just a pleasure to chat with. I recommend The Midland Hostel.

We loved our stay at Midlands! Super cute, small place with a great common area and kitchen that really helps you meet people. The staff was AMAZING, especially Ruksandra and Anna (it was her first week!) They gave excellent recommendations and answered all our questions about the city/country. Only thing was the shower/bathroom situation- showers were cold and the small room was kind of crowded for the number of people. Other than that, one of our favorite hostels from our whole trip!

We had really good time at this place. Staff was very helpful with us, they gave us many tips for eating, transports, visit other places... The hostel is not huge, so you can rest but at the same time there are nice facilities to meet people. We ll come back! THank you very much!