The Mitraa Reviews

427 Race Course Road, Singapore, Singapore, Singapore

I booked this hostel for only 1 night and planned to stay elsewhere the following night for a different experience and atmosphere. However, as I arrived to the hostel i was welcomed by a bunch of travelers sitting in front chatting. As a solo traveler, to me that was very welcoming that I quickly went inside and booked for the next night and ended up chatting with other backpackers before i went to my room to sleep that night. Very informative staffs gave me useful tips for my trip the next day.

• 29th Jul 2014

Me and my friend have travelled around the world and this is the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. We booked a room just for us 2 as we had been coming from Koh Phangang and were exhausted so needed some sleep. We ended up paying a lot for a closet sized room with no space other than for a bunk twin bed. That was fine compared tothe smell inthe room. The roof was covered with mould that was disgusting. The bathroom and showers were a disaster. So many other bad things that can't fit here.

• 20th Jul 2014

Very friendly staff and clean rooms. Not any air con areas to socialise apart from the bed rooms.

The mitraa was good...but the breakfast menu just same everyday...they don't have enough table for breakfast. ..and they don't provide hot water...When we took taxi mostly the drive didn't know the name and location maybe they have to put a big banner in front of the hostel...

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Indonesia

Bathrooms were dirty and hot, washing hung up all over the stair case, there were rats in the outside area and bedrooms very small. Staff were very nice and helpful though.

• 30th Jun 2014

Hostel offers good value for money in an even increasingly pricey Singapore.

Very enjoyable stay. Hostel is very clean and in a very good location for MRT.

Staff we're amazing !!

This hostel has clean rooms with spacious lockers. Bathroom and toilets were clean. The walls between the rooms and the hallway are quit thin. The guy behind the reception is very nice and helpfull. Hostel is located close to a subway, shopping mall, and nice/cheap indian food.

I really enjoyed staying there, the guys Sebastian and Jonas were super friendly and helpful.They are proactively to help and give information customize to my requirements. Also, it was no problem to use their facilities after check out! The hostel is only a 4 min walk away from MRT. The dry kitchen and the always clean bathrooms were a big plus as well.

• 13th Apr 2014

The prior reviews I read on this are spot on. The staff is AMAZING and will be happy to help you with anything. The place is being cleaned all the time and constantly being looked after. It is located a bit out of the way...but easily reached by MRT. Building is older...but has character and charm. The atmosphere is a bit lacking and there isn't really a good "backpacker" vibe going on or a good place to meet people if your traveling solo.

Nice and quiet away from busy main roads but still convenient for the MRT and Little India.

good location but feel unsafe because locker without number for bed.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

Thanks for choosing to stay at our hostel for the 3rd time. Please be clarified, every bed in our hostel has a separate locker with bed number sticker & a unique locker/ key. It is always safe & secured. Recently, fresh lockers & stickers were replaced. By mistake, the sticker has been fixed in the other side of this bed, causing confusion. We apologise for the inconvenience caused & confirm you that stickers are re-fixed correctly. As a repeat guest, u are most welcome to visit us again !

Hostels room, bed & toilets were clean. Very well located near a metro & easy to move around anywhere in Singapore. Staff very helpful. WiFi was fast. Best Option for a good price in Singapore.

Nice hostel with a vibrant atmosphere. The outside area is very nice and cosy! It's in Little India, so you can expect a lot of Indian tourists and Indian families in the Mitraa Inn (the other hostel they have across the street). I slept in the mixed dorm and was quite suprised to be sleeping with a couple of older men (+50) from India, it was fine, but it felt a bit awkward from time to time. Nonetheless I'd recommend this hostel.

The hostel itself is nothing special - the beds are quite comfy, breakfast okay and everything is pretty clean- average but not exceptional. Its not a particularly social hostel so I probably wouldn't recommended it to solo travellers looking to meet people or those seeking a party hostel. The selling point of The Mitraa is definitely the staff who were incredibly friendly and helpful, and had loads of tips and advice on where to go and what to do in the city which my friend and I appreciated.

Great hostel in a convenient location. Staff are excellent -always friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay there again.

The staff were some of the friendliest people I have met always trying to help. Breakfast was eggs,toast and fruit so liked it. Close to MRT and close to mall and shops. Quiet street. No TV in sitting area.

Really great friendly staff and delicious fake Nutella...

• 3rd Feb 2014