The Mitraa Reviews

427 Race Course Road, Singapore, Singapore, Singapore

I really enjoyed staying there, the guys Sebastian and Jonas were super friendly and helpful.They are proactively to help and give information customize to my requirements. Also, it was no problem to use their facilities after check out! The hostel is only a 4 min walk away from MRT. The dry kitchen and the always clean bathrooms were a big plus as well.

• 13th Apr 2014

good location but feel unsafe because locker without number for bed.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

Thanks for choosing to stay at our hostel for the 3rd time. Please be clarified, every bed in our hostel has a separate locker with bed number sticker & a unique locker/ key. It is always safe & secured. Recently, fresh lockers & stickers were replaced. By mistake, the sticker has been fixed in the other side of this bed, causing confusion. We apologise for the inconvenience caused & confirm you that stickers are re-fixed correctly. As a repeat guest, u are most welcome to visit us again !

The hostel itself is nothing special - the beds are quite comfy, breakfast okay and everything is pretty clean- average but not exceptional. Its not a particularly social hostel so I probably wouldn't recommended it to solo travellers looking to meet people or those seeking a party hostel. The selling point of The Mitraa is definitely the staff who were incredibly friendly and helpful, and had loads of tips and advice on where to go and what to do in the city which my friend and I appreciated.

Great hostel in a convenient location. Staff are excellent -always friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay there again.

The staff were some of the friendliest people I have met always trying to help. Breakfast was eggs,toast and fruit so liked it. Close to MRT and close to mall and shops. Quiet street. No TV in sitting area.

Really great friendly staff and delicious fake Nutella...

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • Slovenia

This hostel has a great location! Very conveniently located in Little India near a metro stop, yet far enough out of the way that noise isn't an issue. The bathrooms weren't awesome-one of the doors was busted and the hot water feature didn't work on another. I also wish they had more keys to give our group so we didn't have to coordinate who was coming and going at what time. But all in all, a great place!

The staff is incredibly helpful, knowledgeable, and eager to assist you! I'm so grateful to have stayed amongst such wonderful hospitality!

• 31st Jan 2014

This a very nice, friendly and clean hostel . The staff are super helpful, the food great and served till quite late in the morning, so you don't have to get up at down to catch it . I stayed for 15 days :) Greetings for The Mitraa !

• 26th Jan 2014
  • Serbia

It's advertised as a backpackers hostel but didn't really have the backpackers atmosphere. Facilities were nothing special. I stayed in a 6 bed mixed. Beds were nice size and you got a as all blanket as cover. The staff was the bright spot because they were very enthusiastic. It's located in Little India not far from decent food and the metro station. The lockers under the beds didn't work so I had to sleep with my bags :(. Breakfast was toast and some fruit and coffee/tea. Not bad at all.

Best hostel in Singapore, gr8 staff, my recommendations

The location and free breakfast are great. We stayed in a Private room that smelled like mildew the entire stay. The private room is located right next to the bathrooms, you can hear people using them throughout the night. The bathrooms are absolutely disgusting. Often the stalls did not have toilet paper or the toilet seats would be completely wet because the showers are located in the same stall as the toilets. Would not stay here again.

Hotel staffs are very accommodating, really had a nice stay, atmosphere are awesome, convenient location and the price is just right so what else could I ask for? Highly recommended...Two thumbs up! ;)

• 11th Jan 2014
  • Philippines

I thought the staff was very helpful and friendly and I liked the 24 hour service since I checked in around 4am in the morning. Breakfast in the morning was good and the beds were comfy.

Best staff very good stay

• 22nd Dec 2013

This is my second time to stay in the hostel, the wi-fi has improved on each floor. Rooms and lobby cleanliness can remain in high quality, one little surprise is that there is a small kitchen made up, really thanks those considerate staff there. Just that if an exhausted fan can be installed to improve the ventilation during shower would be perfect.

• 22nd Dec 2013
  • Hong Kong

The best thing about this hostel was the friendly staff. Facilities of the hostel and our room was lacking, though this is understandable with the price of this hostel.

• 17th Dec 2013
  • New Zealand

The Mitraa is a fine hostel with a friendly and welcoming staff! It is quite close to the next MRT-station (5 min. walk) that directly connects you to Little India, Clarke Quay and Chinatown. The bathrooms are clean and the FREE breakfast is awesome! I will defenitely come again.

Unfortunately my room was right next to reception so getting woken up at odd hours was a bit of a problem, other than that it was great, it was clean, the staff were great, if i needed info about anything they were always a great help, must say i missed walking out in the morning and seeing Angels smiling face when i left........and yes, i would stay again

My first stay in a hostel and the staff made me feel very welcome it was the comfort needed for a traveller alone and so helpful and knowledgeable about the city