The Mitraa Reviews

427 Race Course Road, Singapore, Singapore, Singapore

The hostel staff that checked me in (sebastian) was very friendly and helpful. The staff in general was friendly. I stayed in a 6 person mixed dorm and there seemed to be people who were staying for similar amounts of time in the same( long term with long term people) so that was nice. I didnt know beforehand that they only accept cash though. Luckily I had cash on me. The room and bathroom were clean however the shower doors didnt close easily. I loved the location. under mins for the metro!

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. Very comfortable and clean. Especially the staff Sebastian and Jonas was really helpful and offered me good ideas what to do during my stay. Will definitely recommend it to others and will definitely choose to stay there again if possible.

• 27th Jan 2015

the staff are friendly , breakfast is good considering its free( bread , egg ,peanut butter, butter , nutella, fruits and tea or coffee) toilets are quite clean . there were family games , books. temples were close by. the train is close. away from main road so it is quiet. too many smokers at the entrance.

• 25th Jan 2015

This hostel is beyond my expectations.The room is tidy and clean. I met many travelers from different countries :). Staffs are very warm and helpful.

• 24th Jan 2015

Facilities are not the best buy it's a very nice place to stay anyway. Staff was always very kind and helpful. It's good value for your money in Singapore.

Easily one of the best hostels I have stayed in. Toilet, common area and Shower room were extremly clean and nice. One of the best things is the friendly and very obliging staff!! especially Sebastian and tell you everything you need to know about the city.

• 23rd Jan 2015

I stayed here for 2 weeks!! The hard working staff at this hostel were an absolute delight. Thankyou Mila Rosa, Sebsastian and Jonas for making my stay great. I really enjoyed the free breakfast as well which really made it a hostel which gave you great value for money. The hostel is super close to the MRT. A lot of places to eat within walking distance and I always felt safe walking home late at night. Will definitely stay here again if I am in Singapore. Thank you once again to all the staff!!

Good place. Near a subway station, staff are friendly, and facilities are great. There's not a lot of ambiance but maybe it was because of the season.

Awesome hostel, in a nice quiet, but still pretty well situated street. What made the hostel especially great (besides clean rooms, free fast WiFi and free breakfast) was the extremely friendly staff. I immediately felt welcomed in the hostel and this friendly attitude also seems to affect other guests which lead to a very nice overall experience.

Sebastien and staff were very helpful. We needed to change the dates of our stay and gave us lots of information about the area of Singapore that we were staying. The room we stayed in was probably a little dull but was fine for sleeping if that's all you want it for. Big lockable luggage boxes under the beds if needed. The shared bathroom facilities are ok, but lights in some of them seemed to play up. Location was good for sights around the area. Easy to get taxis or public transport.

Would not recommend staying here. There was no real common area where you could meet people and hang out, beside a little table outside. And it seemed very dirty! They didn't even change the sheets in my room on the bed of someone who just left before a new guest arrived. And they give you one tiny blanket that is child size. And the showers and toilets were pretty gross as well. The good part was the staff, they were amazing. Sebastian at the front desk and the house cleaner lady very friendly

A great place to stay! We stayed in a private room and everyone was quiet and kept shared facilities clean. An overall lovely place to stay and only a 5 min walk to the MRT!

• 13th Jan 2015

The staff are so lovely and welcoming, the beds are great and the aircon was heavenly. Their breakfast is good and the location is easy access to everywhere. I only have one complaint and that was laundry was $5.00 to wash and $5.00 to dry at the Mitraa inn down the road where the night staff was surly, rude and extremely unhelpful.

The staff really are as fantastic as other reviewers said! Sebastian in particular was always a pleasure to see :) Beds are also a little larger than usual, more like a king single than a straight single.

The hostel staff were really helpful.

The thing that made my stay memorable at the Mitraa hostel is the staff. Very friendly and upbeat, making sure you have everything you need for breakfast or your expedition of the day, especially Sebastian..Showers and toiletts were very clean!! and great atmosphere.

• 28th Dec 2014

The Mitraa was amazing. The staff honestly know everything that you could ever want to do, they are by far the most helpful hostel staff i've had the pleasure of meeting. The atmosphere in the hostel is so friendly, I travelled alone and made new friends everyday.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Russia

It is very good place especially toilet and shower room was extremely clean and nice. The staff provided good information to do sightseeing and very friendly ...keep up your smiley face mommy and Sebastian

• 21st Dec 2014

Great hostel! The staff were so helpful and friendly, they couldn't do enough for us. Rooms were clean, tidy and comfortable, toilets and showers were clean and plentiful. Breakfast in the morning was nice and the wifi was fast! Good location near an MRT stop and a five minute walk from a food market. Would definitely stay here again and would recommend to anyone!

My stay at The Mitraa was excellent. The staff are very helpful and Sebastian you are rock. I had no problem sourcing information about places to eat or sites to see. I really enjoyed having were the free wifi, clean showers and toilets, bedding was clean and comfortable and a common area that was helpful in meeting other guests and making friends

• 17th Dec 2014