The Monastery Hostel Milan Reviews

via Renzo Bertoni, 3, Milan, Italy

The hostel itself was really nice! But the location was too hard to find... The door of hostel was so small.. and I had to bring a bed sheet, a pillow and a blanket to my room. Except them, the hostel was so clean and modern!

A decent stay. Kitchen facilities are incomplete.

Decided to upgrade my room to the private 2beds room. The wifi is rather slow but usable. If you are intending to leave your luggage you have to pay €4/piece. Manage to get mine discounted though. It has a kitchen microwave and everything that you can use. For the bedding you need to prepare it yourself, they give you the clean bed sheet at the lobby.

The location is so nice near the metro and can walk to mini super market. The hostel is so clean , no bowl in the kitchen hahaha funny ! but at night its extremly cold by air condition and no heater i cannot sleep so well ! So suffering ! But yes for the price include tax like this is ok to stay !

great stay and nice atmosphere and location is great

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Israel

Stayed in this hostel two years ago and first time was better. No breakfast anymore, staff is not so cheerful and polite. Only 6 seating places in kitchen, lack of сutlery (they sell it though). Last day they decided to paint doorpost, with people still staying in the room. No apologies from staff. From the other side, excellent location (walking distance from railway station and city centre, two minutes from metro) and cleanness. Place is still convenient enough to stay.

It’s a place for sleeping – not very easy to meet other travellers there. In November it was quite cold there. But I can’t say anything bad ether about this place. So it's OK.

Has all the amenities in the kitchen, but limited space due to all but one burner on the stove broken. It is in a good location in the city, close to public transport and the centre of the city, but kind of hard to find at first. Overall it was a good experience because it served the purpose, but not my favourite ever.

The hostel is very clean and it's located in very good area. I only recommend you to bring your own towel at list if you want to rent one in the hostel for 5€. Perfect hostel!

I'm an urban person myself also like to talk with other at the hostel, but sometime when I'm really exhausted I need a place that quite enough to take a rest. This place is the answer for me, it's quite enough but still you can chat with the others at the hostel. This place also close to the Metro so very accessible to Centrale FS and Duomo plus it close to US embassy (I think) make me feel even more safe :)

Pros: The hostel is in a good location; you can walk to the main sightseeing points of Milan. The hostel is clean. Bed lining is in a good condition. Minus: you have to pay for any additional stuff (like leaving a luggage, a cutlery set, etc) But all in all it is a good place to stay.

It is a nice Hostel, with a good location in Milan, the staff was helpful, nothing to complain about. Definitily would come back again.

I was surprised at how good this hostel was ! It felt very clean and very new. Also the staff was very nice. Thank you !

The outlet of my bed was so loose. And no blanket at first. But generally good.

Each Locker had a power outlet inside, which is really great! They have a lot of extra fees, that's true, but if you don't need anything from them (e.g. cutlery, towels etc.) you get away real cheap.

Great hostel! Cheap too! Great value. Definitely stay there if you are going to Milan. Only complaint about this place is that the laundry didnt work when I was there - not a big deal.

When I first arrived to lock away my luggage I was told it cost €4 EACH TIME to lock up my bags. People staying in hostels are generally on a pretty tight budget and this is a huge expense. I found staff to be very rude. The rooms were nice and I liked having the ensuite. While I had no serious issues I felt as though I was getting the bare minimum and anything else cost a ridiculous amount extra. If you can't find anywhere else I would suggest this place.

This is not the sort of hostel you stay in if you want to meet people and party. The rooms are comfortable and clean, there are kitchen facilities readily available and all of the bathrooms were clean! Only downside is you have to pay €4 per day to store your luggage before and after check in.

I stayed 5 hostel before, I havent seen sullen staff like this except bald guy. I stayed worse hostels but I wanted to vote all very poor becouse of the sullen staff. Sorry

Excellent hostel...it has it all except cutlery. The staff is very nice. Located 10 min walking from the city center and 30 from the station. Veeeery nice kitchen and fridges in rooms. Best value for money in milan.