The Monastery Hostel Milan Reviews

via Renzo Bertoni, 3, Milan, Italy

This is not the sort of hostel you stay in if you want to meet people and party. The rooms are comfortable and clean, there are kitchen facilities readily available and all of the bathrooms were clean! Only downside is you have to pay €4 per day to store your luggage before and after check in.

I stayed 5 hostel before, I havent seen sullen staff like this except bald guy. I stayed worse hostels but I wanted to vote all very poor becouse of the sullen staff. Sorry

Excellent hostel...it has it all except cutlery. The staff is very nice. Located 10 min walking from the city center and 30 from the station. Veeeery nice kitchen and fridges in rooms. Best value for money in milan.

Although our basic needs were met, there were several concerns. AC was broken. Everything (included towels, soap) was an extra charge. We also had a roach in our bathroom. They also called us a taxi who was not an official taxi and he charged us more than double what he should have for a quick ride to the train station, and when we protested paying that amount he didn't budge. Secondly, at around 23:00, staff opened the locked door to our room, and offered no explanation why. Creepy!

In general me and my friend liked our stay in the Monastery Hostel Milan, but we thought the staff was really rude and working with a bad mood. But what we thought it was more unacceptable was that we had to check out before leaving the hostel, and they charged us to store our luggage. I've never seen this before!

Location is about a km walk from anything important, not a big deal but important to be aware of. Facilities are nice, interesting set up. One staff member who worked the desk was a little ruder than necessary but it was later in the evening.

very modern and clean hostel in a central location. the staff wasn't the best and they seemed a little rude but maybe it was the italian accent that threw me off. the hostel isn't the BEST for meeting other travelers as the common area isn't very comfortable or conducive to socializing. but the rooms were great and the mattresses were very comfy. showers were warm with great water pressure. they have AC also which is fantastic for the summer. they also try to charge you for anything extra.

No breakfast.And the water is soooo expensive. In supermarket just sold 0.5,but they ask for 2 Euros. More ridiculous is that store your luggage you have to pay for 4 euros more per bag. This hostel must be poor enough. They just want more money

Just soso.

On the website is says there is a fully equipt kitchen- this is untrue! I asked for cutlery on the first night and I was laughed at by the receptionists and was told that they had none for safety reasons.I was fuming so checked the website and it said that cutlery and a cup was available to get for a €3 deposit. The next day I went and spoke to the morning receptionist and he apologised and gave me what they normally charge €3 for( not deposit as advertised)crappy plastic cutlery.Bad service!

TOOOO many mosqitos...

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • China

it was really clean and sober, i did not feel really welcome.

• 24th Jul 2014

This hostel is very austere and grim. The staff are unfriendly (except for one very nice staff member who is the exception!). There is no fun atmosphere or socialising with other guests. Most people only stay one night in milan so people come and go at all hours of the night.

Great hostel! Room was nice bathroom was great. Everything was clean. It's a little tucked away in the city, but only a 10 minute walk to the center (duomo/shopping).

This place was completely fine for one night. Good facilities but it is very annoying to pay for them to keep your luggage when it is standard in other hostels.

Reasonable price. Small fridge in room.

Each room has lockers! The beds were comfortable, I had a brilliant nights sleep here. Not much of an atmosphere but worth the money that you spend.

Good hostel in a handy location - 10 min walk from the train station and 20 min walk to the Duomo. Kitchen has a few pots and pans but isn't set up to cook elaborate meals (we cooked pasta and it was fine). Nice hostel overall.

We had a great time in hostel. Thank you very much for everything!

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Lithuania

The Hostel is ok, interesting rooms. It was roughly clean and in the kitchen you dont have dishes except for plates. An average Hostel but recommendable.

« first « Prev 1 2 3