The Monastery Hostel Milan Reviews

via Renzo Bertoni, 3, Milan, Italy

The location is so nice near the metro and can walk to mini super market. The hostel is so clean , no bowl in the kitchen hahaha funny ! but at night its extremly cold by air condition and no heater i cannot sleep so well ! So suffering ! But yes for the price include tax like this is ok to stay !

great stay and nice atmosphere and location is great

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Israel

Has all the amenities in the kitchen, but limited space due to all but one burner on the stove broken. It is in a good location in the city, close to public transport and the centre of the city, but kind of hard to find at first. Overall it was a good experience because it served the purpose, but not my favourite ever.

The hostel is very clean and it's located in very good area. I only recommend you to bring your own towel at list if you want to rent one in the hostel for 5€. Perfect hostel!

I'm an urban person myself also like to talk with other at the hostel, but sometime when I'm really exhausted I need a place that quite enough to take a rest. This place is the answer for me, it's quite enough but still you can chat with the others at the hostel. This place also close to the Metro so very accessible to Centrale FS and Duomo plus it close to US embassy (I think) make me feel even more safe :)

Pros: The hostel is in a good location; you can walk to the main sightseeing points of Milan. The hostel is clean. Bed lining is in a good condition. Minus: you have to pay for any additional stuff (like leaving a luggage, a cutlery set, etc) But all in all it is a good place to stay.

It is a nice Hostel, with a good location in Milan, the staff was helpful, nothing to complain about. Definitily would come back again.

I was surprised at how good this hostel was ! It felt very clean and very new. Also the staff was very nice. Thank you !

The outlet of my bed was so loose. And no blanket at first. But generally good.

Each Locker had a power outlet inside, which is really great! They have a lot of extra fees, that's true, but if you don't need anything from them (e.g. cutlery, towels etc.) you get away real cheap.

Great hostel! Cheap too! Great value. Definitely stay there if you are going to Milan. Only complaint about this place is that the laundry didnt work when I was there - not a big deal.

When I first arrived to lock away my luggage I was told it cost €4 EACH TIME to lock up my bags. People staying in hostels are generally on a pretty tight budget and this is a huge expense. I found staff to be very rude. The rooms were nice and I liked having the ensuite. While I had no serious issues I felt as though I was getting the bare minimum and anything else cost a ridiculous amount extra. If you can't find anywhere else I would suggest this place.

This is not the sort of hostel you stay in if you want to meet people and party. The rooms are comfortable and clean, there are kitchen facilities readily available and all of the bathrooms were clean! Only downside is you have to pay €4 per day to store your luggage before and after check in.

I stayed 5 hostel before, I havent seen sullen staff like this except bald guy. I stayed worse hostels but I wanted to vote all very poor becouse of the sullen staff. Sorry

Excellent hostel...it has it all except cutlery. The staff is very nice. Located 10 min walking from the city center and 30 from the station. Veeeery nice kitchen and fridges in rooms. Best value for money in milan.

Although our basic needs were met, there were several concerns. AC was broken. Everything (included towels, soap) was an extra charge. We also had a roach in our bathroom. They also called us a taxi who was not an official taxi and he charged us more than double what he should have for a quick ride to the train station, and when we protested paying that amount he didn't budge. Secondly, at around 23:00, staff opened the locked door to our room, and offered no explanation why. Creepy!

In general me and my friend liked our stay in the Monastery Hostel Milan, but we thought the staff was really rude and working with a bad mood. But what we thought it was more unacceptable was that we had to check out before leaving the hostel, and they charged us to store our luggage. I've never seen this before!

Location is about a km walk from anything important, not a big deal but important to be aware of. Facilities are nice, interesting set up. One staff member who worked the desk was a little ruder than necessary but it was later in the evening.

very modern and clean hostel in a central location. the staff wasn't the best and they seemed a little rude but maybe it was the italian accent that threw me off. the hostel isn't the BEST for meeting other travelers as the common area isn't very comfortable or conducive to socializing. but the rooms were great and the mattresses were very comfy. showers were warm with great water pressure. they have AC also which is fantastic for the summer. they also try to charge you for anything extra.

No breakfast.And the water is soooo expensive. In supermarket just sold 0.5,but they ask for 2 Euros. More ridiculous is that store your luggage you have to pay for 4 euros more per bag. This hostel must be poor enough. They just want more money