The Monastery Hostel Milan Reviews

via Renzo Bertoni, 3, Milan, Italy

I had a very good time at the monastery hostel. The location was very convenient, it was clean and the room 6 beds dorm was excellent with a nice bathroom. The persons at the reception were really nice especially Simone! I enjoyed my stay there.

Great hostel! Cheap and clean. The location is very good. We have bathroom and bridge in the bedroom! There is just one problem, blankets are not green and so that the hostel has a very very high temperature during the day and they switched off the header at 4pm and you faster getting cold! I think that even with that is a great hostel! Just remember to bring your own blanked! FOR HOSTEL; It should be great if you put another mirror outside of the bathroom!

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Spain

worst ever hostel

Very Clean, spacious, friendly and good located hostel. I felt very good. Thanks and greetings to Simon Elisabeth Haich

Cons ; heater in the room is a little bit noisy ///// Pros ; near to metro and grocery store/ easy to find the hostel/ facilities are clean and neat/ staffs are kind/ there is a little fridge in a room/ lock for each person in room/

Except staffs everything was good

The place is close to a underground exit, but it is quite hard to find the first time. The place is quite nice and the wifi was ok. Cons: -The staff doesn't speak english very well. -The width of the beds was extra small! I actually had trouble sleeping because I was always one turn away from falling from my bed. - The water heater in the shower of my room didn't work, I had to bath using cold water.

Pros: I booked three beds in a dorm for six people and was instead given three beds in a dorm for four. Everything relatively clean. Good Location. Cons: The staff was unfriendly. You are required to give your keys to reception before you leave. I questioned the staff about this policy and they were pretty condescending and implied that this was commonplace and that I was an idiot for thinking otherwise. Showers are weak and lukewarm.

1. Before arriving I sent them an email -twice- asking them about how to get from station to the hostel, they never replied. 2. The service was very basic, the personnel was too serious, they looked a kind of angry.

Extra charges for everything but if you have your own towel and basic amenities you should be fine. Walking distance to the sights and the staff was friendly and very helpful (even kicked out my rowdy roommates at 2am so that I could sleep).

The hostel itself was really nice! But the location was too hard to find... The door of hostel was so small.. and I had to bring a bed sheet, a pillow and a blanket to my room. Except them, the hostel was so clean and modern!

A decent stay. Kitchen facilities are incomplete.

Decided to upgrade my room to the private 2beds room. The wifi is rather slow but usable. If you are intending to leave your luggage you have to pay €4/piece. Manage to get mine discounted though. It has a kitchen microwave and everything that you can use. For the bedding you need to prepare it yourself, they give you the clean bed sheet at the lobby.

The location is so nice near the metro and can walk to mini super market. The hostel is so clean , no bowl in the kitchen hahaha funny ! but at night its extremly cold by air condition and no heater i cannot sleep so well ! So suffering ! But yes for the price include tax like this is ok to stay !

great stay and nice atmosphere and location is great

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Israel

Stayed in this hostel two years ago and first time was better. No breakfast anymore, staff is not so cheerful and polite. Only 6 seating places in kitchen, lack of сutlery (they sell it though). Last day they decided to paint doorpost, with people still staying in the room. No apologies from staff. From the other side, excellent location (walking distance from railway station and city centre, two minutes from metro) and cleanness. Place is still convenient enough to stay.

It’s a place for sleeping – not very easy to meet other travellers there. In November it was quite cold there. But I can’t say anything bad ether about this place. So it's OK.

Has all the amenities in the kitchen, but limited space due to all but one burner on the stove broken. It is in a good location in the city, close to public transport and the centre of the city, but kind of hard to find at first. Overall it was a good experience because it served the purpose, but not my favourite ever.

quite good but too, seriously too many mosquito.....

The hostel is very clean and it's located in very good area. I only recommend you to bring your own towel at list if you want to rent one in the hostel for 5€. Perfect hostel!