The Monastery Hostel Milan Reviews

via Renzo Bertoni, 3, Milan, Lombardy, Italy

The staff is rude, they kept us waiting 15 minutes while chatting to eachother. They asked for a 40 euro deposit for the sheets, although I didn't see such deposit marked on the site. Then they sent me to change my notes somewhere outside (a 50 euro note, not a 500!) because they didn't have a change. I'm definitely not going back there.

Very good location! Near to Historic places and the beautiful Duomo. The bedroom is really good! I staed in a 8 mix bed and is like more a 3 bed because they are in different rooms. The breakfast is only a croissant and a hot drink by machine. Not so good.

I disliked how there was a charge for leaving your luggage while you were waiting to get into your room. The man at the front desk wasn't friendly and every time you left the building you had to leave your keys at the front.

It was very nice to have a fridge in the room, a huge locker for the bags and luggage and the beds were good too. Nice breakfast. The staff in the evening was very friendly but the woman was a little bit rude. In the toilet should be soap to wash the hands and some paper towels to dry them. In front of the shower should be a towel or a plastic mat to stand on after showering, the whole bad was a mess, water everywhere... Close to the bed should be a place to hang up the jacket or other clothes.

A good place to sleep. Didn't feel completely safe, but that's a hard requirement to fill as I am a young female

Just a little idea: breakfast should include something else,that'd be perfect! :)

its very good! the staff is very nice!

Very nice hostel. I'd recommend to anyone!

PAY ATTENTION. We reserved four beds three months before and when arrived they did not have space for us: OVERBOOKING. We waited more than an hour and finally the find a place for us in another hostel, on the other side of Milan. We moved on our own with the metro from a place to another at 11:30 pm, no one said sorry, no discount was made.

Loved this hostel! Was in an 8 bed dorm but it is split into sections so felt like I only shared with 2 others. Single beds & a bathroom for each trio! Kitchen was well stocked, lobby area is cool. Easy 20min walk to Duomo & also to train station, 5min to supermarket. Breakfast was what they stated - light but appreciated all the same. One and only down point was squashed mosquitoes on the wall near my bed on arrival. But this quickly got cleaned when I mentioned it. Definitely consider staying!

The is one of the best hostels we have stayed in. Milan is an expensive city so it is a reasonably priced hostel and you definitely get what you pay for. Great, clean, large dorm rooms with clean shower and toilet in the dorm room. Big lockers and dorm room has a lock. Breakfast was a croissant and tea and coffee which was appreciated. Kitchen has everything but you need to get utensils from reception. All sites are within walking distance and easy to get to. Worth the money.

Great location ... Central to everything. No common room so the atmosphere was a little lacking but good kitchen and fridge in the room. Great value for money with an ensuite bathroom. Beds were clean and comfy.

Nice hostel, the rooms are very clean and spacious. Good location too and the staff is very professional :) We had a perfect stay

Good location. Near metro station & central railway station. Close to sight-seeing spots. Spacious room & bath room. There are 3 bath rooms in a 8-person room with good showering facilities. Staff are nice & helpful. Good to have 24 hrs baggage storage for 4 Euro only. The Wifi is poor. Kitchen utensils are limited(plates only). Lots of mosquito in the room. No handrills for bunk beds. Dark corridors always. Nice design in lobby. Poor breakfast(a bread & a cup of hot drink only).

the mosquitos in the room was a nightmarecouldn't sleep because of them. Other than that the hygene was ok. and the lockers in the room are very useful

• 23rd Oct 2013
  • Turkey

I Liked the hostel, but its very unconfortable to pay deposits to take sheets, take forks and cups! You need to make deposits for everything.

Everything 's OK