The Monastery Hostel Milan Reviews

via Renzo Bertoni, 3, Milan, Italy

Wifi wasn't working 1/2 the time I stayed there. There is no laundry facility, which would be ok if only there was a laundromat close by. I spent the whole day and 20 Euro to take care of this. When I asked to use a hair dryer they asked for 3 Euro plus 10 Euro deposit. I refused to pay, so they let me use it for free in the vestibule. The reception guys step outside to smoke every 1/2 hour - the smoke is drawn inside the vestibule. No breakfast. I would not stay there again.

The hostel is in a great location, easy to walk to main sights of Milan. I enjoyed the rooms as they where quiet and clean.

• 26th May 2014

Good location and friendly staff. Clean rooms. They have kitchen but there is no any kitchenware in it. You always have to pay for all these things (cups, pans etc). So it's good hostel for 1-2 nights.

The property is clean and welcoming, as well as inexpensive. The facilities were nice, and had everything you could want, except there was no wifi in the dorm. It worked fine downstairs in the common area though. Also they charge you for every small thing (1€ to print my train ticket) but they do mention this in the description. The staff was not much help or particularly welcoming. I had trouble getting a reccoendation of where to eat. Other than that, it's a nice, clean place.

Advertised as having laundry facilities but there weren't any. Staff where friendly but could be a little rude when attempting to be funny. Location was ok, in the middle of the town and the train station. There is a 20 euro deposit for bedding..which is a little steep compared to others I've stayed in. The wifi was good but the place did lack atmosphere...

The room was fine, although the matress was really really dirty. The location of the hostel was excellent, there was the metro nearby, the city centre and the train station are reachable by foot. Except one guy the staff was quite rough, this was not appropriate.

Little bit strange that you have to pay for everything, but it was ok to stay.

Upon arrival the staff were rude and unwelcoming; they quickly asked us for a 20 euro deposit each, which was NOT advertised on the website - I have since found this in the review section but should be made clear. We were also informed breakfast was not included despite it showing on my receipt and booking as bed and breakfast; the staff just laughed in our face when we asked why this was. No hand soap or towel in bathroom or lock on door, bathroom not the cleanest and generally a bad vibe.

Desk workers were very nice and helped get our missing luggage from the airport. Our 4 person room had a nice view of a garden. The room was clean. The lockers in the room were large and had keys.

systematic management

It was just a budget hostel

Nice place

Depósito por almohadas y sábanas fue muy alto. €20 por persona.

it doesn't take much to turn me into a happy camper: sometimes it only needs a clean, quiet, centrally located hostel. and that's exactly what the monastery hostel provides. it may lack atmosphere as i don't remember having come across a cosy common room where people would gather at night but for me that's not important anyways. everything's well taken care of and you can't hardly beat its valiue for money!

The location of this hostel is absolutely brilliant. You can walk to the Brera arty quarter in 10mims (and go to the Market via San Marco) or go for a nap in the parco Sempione. Now to the bad bits of this hostel: the staff was very arrogant and unfriendly. I stayed in many hostels but I've never been received in that way. Please keep in mind that they also charge 4€ per bag to leave it in what they call the luggage room (means behind the reception counter)...

A very nice and clean hostel right in the middle of Milan. Very kind and hepful staff. The kitchen equipment could be a bit better. But all in all we enjoyed our stay very much!

Overall a pretty good hostel. I'd booked a 6-bed dorm, and somehow I ended up alone in a 2-bed room. It would have been weird if there had been one other person in my room, but there wasn't, so it worked out fine.

The location of the hostel is great, near a metro station and the city centre. But the cleanliness of the bathroom was absolutely not satisfactory.

Good clean and breakfast included

• 15th Apr 2014

Struggle to find the entrance of the hostel