The Monastery Hostel Milan Reviews

via Renzo Bertoni, 3, Milan, Italy

Each room has lockers! The beds were comfortable, I had a brilliant nights sleep here. Not much of an atmosphere but worth the money that you spend.

Good hostel in a handy location - 10 min walk from the train station and 20 min walk to the Duomo. Kitchen has a few pots and pans but isn't set up to cook elaborate meals (we cooked pasta and it was fine). Nice hostel overall.

We had a great time in hostel. Thank you very much for everything!

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Lithuania

The Hostel is ok, interesting rooms. It was roughly clean and in the kitchen you dont have dishes except for plates. An average Hostel but recommendable.

Good value for money as long as you don't need any "extras", which are paid at a really high price (like towels or cutlery for eating after cooking).

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Spain

The staff were helpful. There is kitchen for use and a mini fridge in each room. The beds are not bunker which make it comfortable to sleep. There is A/C in each room too. Overall, it was great!

The dorm room had a nice set up (power outlets in the storage lockers)and the location was great but they make you pay for luggage storage and there was no power for a significant portion of our stay. It was so dark in the stairwell that my wife tripped and fell. Even when there was power the air conditioner didn't work. Breakfast cost extra even though the description said it was included.

This hostel has a very good location, which makes your stay a lot easier in a major city like Milan. The staff is ok, nothing much. The rooms are great, separate lockers to leave your stuff and great bathrooms. The atmosphere is not that good though, maybe was the days I've spend there, not sure. Anyway, a good hostel with a great value for money!

Very nice hostel design and great facilities.

The kitchen was lacking of cutleries and glasses (not even in plastic) and Internet went out a bit too often but on the whole is a good hostel. In the very center of Milan and pleasant staff.

Wifi wasn't working 1/2 the time I stayed there. There is no laundry facility, which would be ok if only there was a laundromat close by. I spent the whole day and 20 Euro to take care of this. When I asked to use a hair dryer they asked for 3 Euro plus 10 Euro deposit. I refused to pay, so they let me use it for free in the vestibule. The reception guys step outside to smoke every 1/2 hour - the smoke is drawn inside the vestibule. No breakfast. I would not stay there again.

The hostel is in a great location, easy to walk to main sights of Milan. I enjoyed the rooms as they where quiet and clean.

Good location and friendly staff. Clean rooms. They have kitchen but there is no any kitchenware in it. You always have to pay for all these things (cups, pans etc). So it's good hostel for 1-2 nights.

The property is clean and welcoming, as well as inexpensive. The facilities were nice, and had everything you could want, except there was no wifi in the dorm. It worked fine downstairs in the common area though. Also they charge you for every small thing (1€ to print my train ticket) but they do mention this in the description. The staff was not much help or particularly welcoming. I had trouble getting a reccoendation of where to eat. Other than that, it's a nice, clean place.

Advertised as having laundry facilities but there weren't any. Staff where friendly but could be a little rude when attempting to be funny. Location was ok, in the middle of the town and the train station. There is a 20 euro deposit for bedding..which is a little steep compared to others I've stayed in. The wifi was good but the place did lack atmosphere...

The room was fine, although the matress was really really dirty. The location of the hostel was excellent, there was the metro nearby, the city centre and the train station are reachable by foot. Except one guy the staff was quite rough, this was not appropriate.

it was ok for 1 night, but rooms are small and place was not cozy at all - although everything was very new.

Little bit strange that you have to pay for everything, but it was ok to stay.

Upon arrival the staff were rude and unwelcoming; they quickly asked us for a 20 euro deposit each, which was NOT advertised on the website - I have since found this in the review section but should be made clear. We were also informed breakfast was not included despite it showing on my receipt and booking as bed and breakfast; the staff just laughed in our face when we asked why this was. No hand soap or towel in bathroom or lock on door, bathroom not the cleanest and generally a bad vibe.

Desk workers were very nice and helped get our missing luggage from the airport. Our 4 person room had a nice view of a garden. The room was clean. The lockers in the room were large and had keys.