The Monk's Bunk Kaunas Reviews

Laisvės al. 48-2, Kaunas, Lithuania

Strongly recommend!! It's not a hostel, it's home!! Victor is the best and 'know-everything' owner. Very comfortable bed and nice kitchen. Super good location. Just come and you will know it!

I was the only guest so it wasn't a normal stay but I still had a great time. The guy that works there is the best staff member at a hostel I've had and it feels like you're just staying at a friend's house. Great place to stay in kaunas

The high ratings are fully justified. Easily one of the best hostels I've ever seen. Amazingly well equipped kitchen, awesome staff who know everything about Lithuania, huge lockers, great showers, large dorms, comfy beds, fast internet. There was nothing I could think they could add to make it better. Fantastic stay.

We are happy to hear you loved your stay here! Though we see space for improvement and we always seek to be better. Cheers!

Staying here is an easy choice; it's definitely a special place.

I felt very comfortable it was like a home. But I have one question. Why is the sign of your hostel so small? If I hadn't have your name card, I would have been wondering around the city whole night.... The other hostel in Tallin was tricky too. Anyway I enjoyed my staying there very much. I started to collect new vocabulary for improving my English skill. Thank you for everything.

• 16th Jan 2015
  • Japan

Glad to hear you liked your stay. The sign is small, because it is a backpacker minded hostel. We don't want to put a sign on the main pedestrian street, which would attract random people. On our site we encourage you to read directions and everybody finds us easy:)

We loved the place, just in the heart of Kaunas, lovely atmósphere and the staff Couldnt been more helpfull. Thanks for everyhing!!!

I have stayed in too many to mention hostels and seldom give a review unleds they are really or really good. Monks Bunk comes under the really good category. The place itself is clean warm and has mire than enough in the way of facilties. Where this truly stands out is the staff. Lots of places have friendly staff. Here not only do they mske you feel at home but the superb local knowledge made a short trip full of experiences I would never have found thru a typical guidebook.

A heart-warming and homecoming stay for backpackers who miss home at a certain degree!

very friendly and helpful staff.

The Hostel is the most conveniently located and accessable to all the central places. This apart the friendly atmosphere of the incharge person makes all the difference as the gentleman was so friendly, cooperative , humble and worth respecting. Kudos to the hostel for its neatness, cleanliness, worthful staff and other things. I appreciate all good things about this hostel

Many thanks for your warm words about us. Best of luck with your further travels!

Awesome staff but a little quiet as it's off season and there were a couple of workers instead of backpackers staying

Yep, in off season you never know how busy or quiet the hostel is going to be. Though our top priority is to have as much backpackers guests as possible and we will keep it this way;)

would have like to have stayed more than one night, very comfortable, with friendly and helpful staff.

Nice hostel, helpful staff.

A really nice place. The staff is a perfect combination of strict and lenient and extremely service minded, always bringing recommendations and tips tailored to you. I would definitely come back here again. Only thing I can complain about is the lack of a full set of playing cards :P

We want you to have a great time in Kaunas therefore trying to share our local knowledge with you. Cheers for the info about cards - will get a new, full set so that others could do some gambling:D

Just the perfect hostel (the best I've tried so far - and it's not my first!). An amazingly good atmosphere, after 5 minutes you feel like at home. The staff is nice and helpful. The common areas are comfortable and clean.

Lovely hostel in a great location, staff was really nice (tipped us off about a free jazz event on arrival which was great!) kitchen is huge and well equipped. Highly recommend this place :)

We are here to help you finding out what's going on in town and it's great that you liked our tips;) Enjoy the rest of the trip fellas!

Only two bathrooms might cause problem during busy summer months but at least now it was enough.

Wow, what an awesome hostel. This should be the benchmark for hostels all around Europe!

It took about 20 minutes on foot from the train station ok but it was difficult to find the hostel because there is no sign on the street so I asked someone who around the work there. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly.Kitchen was small but easy to use, comfortable. There are many cafes and restaurant. I got some great people staying there. Really enjoyed it. Thanks!

Really nice, friendly staff. Good communal area. Sadly only stayed one night.

Yep, one night is not enough to see Kaunas and to chill out at our hostel... At least now Kaunas is one of the places where you want to come back:D