The Monk's Bunk Kaunas Reviews

Laisvės al. 48-2, Kaunas, Lithuania

This place has such a chilled out home vibe to it, it's in a great spot and is super comfortable. Would definitely recommend for a very comfortable stay and great atmosphere. Thanks!

The staff is very helpful and always taking care of you!! 10 min walking from the old town but it is still in the city centre

Really lovely & homely hostel. Clean with nice common areas. Victor on staff was very welcoming & helpful. Highly recommended.

Very helpful and willing staff.

Super hostel with friendly staff and a lot of common space. I will come back

And we will wait for you:)

A great location at the main street with alot of nearby bars and food. The staff working here is relax, but very helptfull as well, creating a great atmosphere. The kitchen here is exellent with good equipment, as well as being spacious with many sitting places. Defently a strong pluss if you like to make food.

Excellent hostel. The best homely atmosphere, central location, great staff, lovely kitchen + living room, comfy and solid beds, lockers, bikes... It's one of these places wisely made for both quiet travellers/early birds and night owls/party lovers. Could improve in the cleanliness of the bathrooms, which is actually a matter of sink smells. It is definitely one of the best hostels where I've stayed.

Thanks for a comprehensive review!:) p.s. We clean bathrooms twice a day, so most likely you found it not so clean right after some dirty guest:) Anyway, will keep an eye open more often on this. Cheers!

Had a great time at this hostel. Staff all very nice and knew how to have a good time with guests, even when some are being over the top crazy. A very enjoyable stay and would stay at this hostel again if ever back in the city.

Yep, you were over the top crazy, but in a good way:) Nice to hear that you had a pleasant stay. Till the next time!

Great place to stay. Good location. Good beds. Good staff. Good facilities. Great value.

great stay at the monk's bunk, THE homy hostel where you feel good!

A brilliant little hostel with a great chill out, sociable vibe. The couple who ran the hostel were more than helpful (the lady gave me a great recipe and herbs for a baked potato) they had tonnes of local knowledge and were always friendly. I would highly recommend Kaunas and especially this hostel to any other backpackers should they be passing through.

Helpful staff who provide tons of useful information including sightseeing spots, restaurant, supermarket, transportation, etc. Clean environment.

spacious place, clean, friendly, big tv, computer. fast wifi, feels like your apartment with roommates. if your going to be in this city monks bunk is the only place to be. when you get there just ask mousy :) shes at the front !!

The receptionist was very friendly and helpful. A great asset. Security lockers provided in the room - fabulous. Nice atmosphere. Good location for our purposes. Could use an extra shower or two. Would definitely go back.

Wonderful hostel with very helpful staff! The hostel also offers bicycle renting with a very low price.

TMB is one of the places which has left me more in awe on earth. I'm not a hardcore backpacker but I've had my experiences with hostels of many sorts. TMB doesn't even seem to belong in the same category. The place is extremely nicely furnished and everything is new, clean and tidy. The prices are ridiculously reasonable and the price/quality ratio is tremendously favorable. Go and check it out.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Quite difficult to find the entrance door even if it is in the main street of Kaunas but the hostel was very good. When I stayed it wasn't full so there wasn't any problem with the bathrooms availability as there are just two. Kitchen and common room ere really confortable. I will come again next time in Kaunas!!

• 31st May 2014
  • Spain

It is very easy to find the hostel, but only once you read the directions. We don't have signs on the main street, because we want to have this place full of backpackers, not random passers by.

Very helpful staff, great feeling feels like a home from home. I Can recommend it to anyone!!

• 28th May 2014

Fantastic hostel, one of the best I've stayed in. Comfy beds, clean rooms, friendly staff, hot showers, great kitchen facilities and lounge area, and fast free WiFi. Would definitely stay there again, and recommend to anyone looking for a great value for money hostel in Kaunas!

Yup, our WiFi is top notch:) Thanks for noticing it!

I cannot fault this place! We stayed here for 3 nights, then ended up returning for another 2 because we loved it so much. The owners were really great and even invited us fishing. The place has a really chilled cosy vibe and is super clean. Everything about this place is awesome- location (close to bus station), staff, cleanliness, atmosphere, value for money. Highly recommend staying here. Would stay again!

And we would love to see you coming back! You guys rock:)