The Monk's Bunk Kaunas Reviews

Laisvės al. 48-2, Kaunas, Lithuania

This was the second very enjoyable time I spent at this hostel. It has everything you could want from a hostel; it is clean, quiet, in a lovely street, Freedom Avenue, good cooking facilities, warm, dry, and everything else you appreciate in a hostel; The staff are friendly and helpful with advice and friendship and...well, what more could I say? wonderful!

Brilliant hostel. Lovely, friendly staff and very relaxed atmosphere. Really close to bus station and only a short walk away from old town. Would definitely recommend.

The Monk's Bunk is a wonderfull place to stay for your time spent in Kaunas. It is clean and tidy, has all you need including cutlery, glasses, cups, fridge, microwave, hot plates to prepare your meal... Staff is friendly, speaks perfect English. It is a quiet place in the centre of the city with all you need very close by. 5 out of 5 Note: Speaking about one of the private rooms (double bed)

Clean, nice and cheap☺reception guy and girl were the nicest. They show us around the hostel, gave us some tips where to eat, where bus/train is...and also arange out travel to vilnius..it was superb staying there☺

• 9th Dec 2015
  • Slovenia

Glad we could help you!:)

For me this wasa the idyllic hostel. The music never irritated me; it was never too loud and it was varied with wide selection of jazz. I love jazz music. Staff were kindly and chatty, and helpful with information about places to visit. Outside it was cold but it was always warm and comfortable inside. I love a clean hostel and this is the cleanest I've ever been in. The dorms were a nice size and spacious; the furnishings were comfortable; I got hours of reading done. Also polite pple.

Thank you for your kind review. It was great having you here. You are a true traveler who visited almost everything that Kaunas has to offer:)

Brilliant hostel, friendly staff that can't help you enough. Thanks for another great stay!

• 19th Nov 2015

The girl at the reception was ververy kind and explain us a lot of things to do in the city. Very clean and comfortable. Recommended

• 14th Nov 2015

Everything is very good, perfect location and comfortable beds, happy staff and so on :) Only the hair dryer could be better, cause everybody wait to go to shower, and with what slow hair dryer is dificult to hurry up.

• 13th Nov 2015
  • Lithuania

Good point - the hairdryer isn't that powerful. We will get a new one then;)

Quite a long walk from the train station but manageable. Great common areas which made it too easy to meet people even though I wasn't trying to! Is a small hostel so beds can fill up quickly. Note, is completely different from Monk’s Bunk in Tallinn. Definitely not a party hostel but still great.

Yes, from train station is 20 min walk to the hostel. Though if you come by bus, then its only 6 min walk. If you com from airport by bus, from the bus stop its only 1 min walk. Monks bunk in Tallinn is party hostel and here its more of a social home like hostel;)

Hi!Me and my Erasmus friends enjoyed a lot the Monk's bunk hostel in Kaunas!Everything was great and I would come back to this hostel next time when visiting Kaunas and I will recommend it to my friends who are interested to go to Kaunas.Special and many thanks to Julia who is so nice, kind and sympathic person!!! :)

Hostel is in the center of the town. The receptionist helped us with the parking and other question. Place is quite an well equiped.

It was amazing to travel for the first time and feel like home! Thank you so much for your help!!

the location of the hostel is very good, nice atmosphere, the personel is kindly and helpful. good place to stay.

• 27th Oct 2015

Definitelly a great hostel, really felt like home there

Although I spent only one night I must admit that it's A Very cool place to stay in!

Hey, thanks for the comment, we really appreciate that, only sorry you couldn't have stayed longer!

The location of the hostel was really good and the atmosphere was amazing. The only downside of it the hostel was the girl at the reception who was not really helpful and seemed anoyed if you asked her something.

The personal was friendly and helpful. It was a nice experience to stay in that hostel. I can imagine to come back.

Stayed in the double private. Very nice apartment style with a great view! Super location along a beautiful street. Was pretty dead when I was there but it was a friendly vibe. Friendly staff too and great discounts at local restaurants.

We were nearly full when you were here, but you stayed in a private room which is in a very quiet apartment. Socializing happens in common room:) Safe travels mate!

We only stayed for one night in Kaunas, but this hostel was the very best during our enitere one week long trip through Lithuania and Latvia. We received very good recommendations on what to explore in the city, especially on where to eat and go for drinks. The rooms and facilities were clean and the kitchen contained a lot of things free to use for everyone. Also, while staying in the hostel, you receive many discounts in shops and cafés nearby.

Nice clean relaxed hostel in the centre of Kaunas. Don't come here to party. Good kitchen and nice bathrooms. Comfy beds with lockers.