The Monk's Bunk Kaunas Reviews

Laisvės al. 48-2, Kaunas, Lithuania

Great hostel for backpacker, easy to meet people, cool staff, good facilities etc

The best thing in the hostel is to see backpackers making friends with others on the road. Sharing stories and experiences with each other. Cheers for that!

This hostel is perfect: great facilities, very convenient location and super kind staff that will go the extra mile to help you fulfill your needs. It's not too big so it feels cozy and the lounge + kitchen area is designed to foster socialization among travellers. Victor and the rest of the staff know everything about Kaunas, from museums and attractions to nightlife and activities. So, if you're planning on visiting Kaunas (and you should!), look no further: this hostel is the best :)

I am a big fan of this hostel - location is perfect, staff are great, everything is clean and comfortable. Definitely the place to stay in Kaunas

Compliments!!

Really great facilities and helpful staff. It's also conveniently located near all the interesting areas of the city.

A good hostel I recommend to anyone who visits Kaunas to stay there.The hostel is like a home stay.The staff are very helpful and friendly and give you all the information you need .I would rate this hostel 5 star 🌟 hostel.The only down side is very difficult to find and there is no sign to direct you to the hostel, because hostel is sort of in an ally way.But as the saying says good things are hard to find. I am definitely staying there again when I visit Kaunas.

cozy & clean = perfect!

• 21st Apr 2015
  • Lithuania

Very good hostel, clean, kind/helpful staff member, good location, had the room to myself (a positive!), safe, only qualm is the desk seems to be less than 24 hours, that is the say, someone is not always right available to get the door - I had to wait a bit (a little nerve-wracking at night) for an answer

As stated online, we do not have 24 hour reception. Even though, staff is here at night, just not at the front desk. No real need for that since we have 18 beds total:) Sorry for the delay for opening the door, i miss heard the doorbell because of talking to other guests too much:D

My Stay in Monk's Bunk Hostel was GREAT. Communication with the staff was very easy! without Victoras' help and planning I would never manage to see and visit all places during my stay! Thank you so much Victoras, Thank you so much ALL!

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Malta

We were glad to suggest you the day trips. It's nice to see someone who's interested to see touristy and non touristy places. Take care and see you next time;)

Very nice place, iin the main street of kaunas, and kind staff :)

• 2nd Apr 2015

Strongly recommend!! It's not a hostel, it's home!! Victor is the best and 'know-everything' owner. Very comfortable bed and nice kitchen. Super good location. Just come and you will know it!

I was the only guest so it wasn't a normal stay but I still had a great time. The guy that works there is the best staff member at a hostel I've had and it feels like you're just staying at a friend's house. Great place to stay in kaunas

Well, "staying at a friend's house" type of atmosphere is our goal. Great to hear you enjoyed it, even though you had no roommates on that day:)

The high ratings are fully justified. Easily one of the best hostels I've ever seen. Amazingly well equipped kitchen, awesome staff who know everything about Lithuania, huge lockers, great showers, large dorms, comfy beds, fast internet. There was nothing I could think they could add to make it better. Fantastic stay.

We are happy to hear you loved your stay here! Though we see space for improvement and we always seek to be better. Cheers!

Staying here is an easy choice; it's definitely a special place.

I felt very comfortable it was like a home. But I have one question. Why is the sign of your hostel so small? If I hadn't have your name card, I would have been wondering around the city whole night.... The other hostel in Tallin was tricky too. Anyway I enjoyed my staying there very much. I started to collect new vocabulary for improving my English skill. Thank you for everything.

• 16th Jan 2015
  • Japan

Glad to hear you liked your stay. The sign is small, because it is a backpacker minded hostel. We don't want to put a sign on the main pedestrian street, which would attract random people. On our site we encourage you to read directions and everybody finds us easy:)

We loved the place, just in the heart of Kaunas, lovely atmósphere and the staff Couldnt been more helpfull. Thanks for everyhing!!!

I have stayed in too many to mention hostels and seldom give a review unleds they are really or really good. Monks Bunk comes under the really good category. The place itself is clean warm and has mire than enough in the way of facilties. Where this truly stands out is the staff. Lots of places have friendly staff. Here not only do they mske you feel at home but the superb local knowledge made a short trip full of experiences I would never have found thru a typical guidebook.

A heart-warming and homecoming stay for backpackers who miss home at a certain degree!

very friendly and helpful staff.

The Hostel is the most conveniently located and accessable to all the central places. This apart the friendly atmosphere of the incharge person makes all the difference as the gentleman was so friendly, cooperative , humble and worth respecting. Kudos to the hostel for its neatness, cleanliness, worthful staff and other things. I appreciate all good things about this hostel

Many thanks for your warm words about us. Best of luck with your further travels!