The Monk's Bunk Reviews

Tatari 1, Tallinn, Estonia

The only place to stay in Tallinn! Friendly and welcoming atmosphere, perfectly equipped and clean/well maintained facilities, central location and most importantly fantastic staff! Only regret is not staying longer!

I had a great stay and the facilities are great.

I can easily imagine this being paradise for many backpackers. They have many common rooms, but the highlight is a bar with pool tables, a smoking room and good music. The reception is by the bar, and the staff there is super friendly. Rooms are nice, clean and safe, even though my locker was broken. The area of the hostel is truly shabby, with drunken men everywhere. Fun. If you have a car, the staff is clueless as where to park it. I got a parking ticket the next day following their advices.

Best hostel experience in Europe ! Great facilities and and rooms. But it's the staff that make this place so good. From the cleaners to the reception staff and the new management, they are fantastic. Best hostel staff I have come across! Thanks guys for a solid week in Tallinn!

One of the best hostels I ever stayed in! Location is perfect,facilities like kitchen and wifi are really good, it's always clean and cozy. But the most important thing about this hostel is atmosphere: stuff makes an excellent job, thanks to them and amazing bar with lounge area, Monk's is definitely appears to be a must-see place whole of Estonia.

Perfect party hostel. It even has a bar and a smoker's room!

Such a great place! This will be my highest rating to date! The staff was in the middle of changing over when I stayed there, and can confidently say both the incoming and outgoing staff are wonderful. By far and away the best thing about this place is the atmosphere the staff and layout create. Yes, it is a party hostel, but if you stay a few days everyone will become family as well. LOVE THIS PLACE. Also, Monk's Bunk has the best wifi I have seen in a hostel.

Managed to find the elusive Monks Bunk Hostel doorway just next to a 24hr pizza place (more about that later). As i opened the door and ascended, I felt a sudden warmth and a desire. A desire to party. Hostel staff gladly obliged me. Welcome shots, midday shots, afternoon drinks, and more liquid jesus than any man can handle. The Monks Bunk, where everyone knows your name.. *insert Cheers theme tune here* GO HERE.

Despite definitely being a party hostel it had a very homely feel and we felt very comfortable there (even my friend who was dreading the party hostel was happy there). Pub crawl was well worth doing on a Friday - Saturday looked really tame. Have beer pong and pool etc - really fun. Staff were really helpful. Need to take your shoes off before entering - really irritating considering it is split on 2 levels with shoes off in each- did keep it clean tho. Toilets smelt a bit but would recommend

A bit noisy during the day...

• 20th Aug 2014

Epic hostel. Awesome staff, good facilities and fantastic common room. Recommend the pub crawl. Peace

The hostel is in a very central position, you can easily reach all the main city's attractions by walk. The staff is really nice and the activities they organize are awesome especially if you want to have fun and have party. I would recommend this hostel to all the young travellers who want to visit the city having also a great nightlife experience!

As a solo traveller i had an amazing stay in this hostel. I slept on the second floor so for me it was always very quite when i wanted to sleep. The beerpong tournament on my last night was a great end of my stay in estonia. Thanks to the great people in the hostel, the open/social atmosphere, the nice facilities and the friendly staff i had an great stay. This place has everything you could ask for in a hostel!

Fantastic and helpful staff in pretty much the very centre of Tallinn. Great for a short stay. Can be quite loud in the night (both the hostel and the streets downstairs), but was described as "the party hostel", so I have no complaints. The loos on my floor were in the same room as the showers, which meant the floor was always wet - not my favourite thing if you stick to the hostel's policy and take your shoes off right by the entrance to the second floor.

Hostel was alright. Watch out for staying here in the summer as it is very hot and there is no air con or fans (except for the staff). If you get a drink from the bar it won't cold. The common area didn't quite work and it was irritating having to take your shoes off everytime. Nice and cheap to stay at and a good location, they even let us play 'the wonder years' and 'spineless yes men' even though the guy working there whinged cos it interupted the chutney he was blaring out!

My stay here was quite enjoyable. There is a large kitchen, bar and common area, so it's fairly easy to meet other travelers, but bear in mind that in the evening, the majority will be getting drunk and then people will be returning at all hours of the night. There was also a noisy night club right outside my dorm window. There was an issue with the lockers at the time, which compromised security but they said that they're improving them soon...

I had an amazing time in Monks! The people are really friendly and the pubcrawls are a lot of fun! Even though it is a party hostel, it is quick in the rooms during the night. The location is good, really close to the city centre (walking distance). The staff is very friendly. If you are looking for meeting people, partying and a relax atmosphere, Monks is definitely the place to go!

24 hour bar and staff were excellent. Used condom on the floor of our bedroom and the state of the toilets (urine and pubic hair) was not. It's a shame about the cleanliness as everything else was excellent.

Completely unpractical toilette service makes the stay arduous (just 3 bathrooms in the whole structure...).

What a great hostel. If you don;'t like drinking don't go here. Luckely I like drinking, and it was a great stay! Clean sheets, clean toilets, loads of facilities, pub crawls, party, and great fun! Thank you Rosie, Clara and all the rest for the great stay! Deflinetly would recomend you to go here!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4