The Monk's Bunk Reviews

Tatari 1, Tallinn, Estonia

Staying at the Monk's Bunk was easily one of the best times I've had on vacation. Tallinn is an awesome city, and the Monk's Bunk makes it that much better. I've traveled a fair amount, and this was the first time I ever extended a stay somewhere. Excellent staff (special shout-out to Allen, Fabian and Rosie), well-stocked bar, clean & comfortable facilities, and perfect location. Pub Crawl Wednesday-Saturday, but they make sure other nights are equally fun. Make sure to try the cocaine shot!!

I had very nice experience. The staff was really nice and helpful, the hotel is very central and everything was just perfect!

Awesome !

This is the best hostel in Tallinn for partying. Experienced guides (thank you Alan!) lead you to the best night out spots, all in the proximity of the hostel. Clean, friendly and awesome staff.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Finland

The Monk's bunk is an excellent party hostel, attracts a great crowd, has a superb bar, great location, equipped kitchen and all that stuff. The staff is a great bunch as well, all in all, if you're staying somewhere else in Tallinn you're making a big mistake.

The only place to stay in Tallinn! Friendly and welcoming atmosphere, perfectly equipped and clean/well maintained facilities, central location and most importantly fantastic staff! Only regret is not staying longer!

It was a Hostel with a bar or a bar with a hostel? What are you looking for? The friday night there were a drummer group in the common area and more than sixty people drinking an shouting. The cleanliness were excellent, the price was OK and the bed was confortable.

Hey Alberto, Thanks for staying with us and letting us know what you thought. Apologies if you thought the hostel was a bit lively, the bar is a very central part of what makes this place special! We clearly state that we are a party hostel, so perhaps next time you might prefer to stay in one of our partner hostels which have a more relaxed vibe.

I had a great stay and the facilities are great.

I can easily imagine this being paradise for many backpackers. They have many common rooms, but the highlight is a bar with pool tables, a smoking room and good music. The reception is by the bar, and the staff there is super friendly. Rooms are nice, clean and safe, even though my locker was broken. The area of the hostel is truly shabby, with drunken men everywhere. Fun. If you have a car, the staff is clueless as where to park it. I got a parking ticket the next day following their advices.

Thanks for your comments, we're glad you enjoyed our hostel! Apologies about the broken locker, if you had let us know during your stay then we would have fixed that for you right away. Local knowledge of staff is very important to us, so I'm sorry you were given this wrong information at reception. All staff have now been updated to avoid this happening in the future.

Best hostel experience in Europe ! Great facilities and and rooms. But it's the staff that make this place so good. From the cleaners to the reception staff and the new management, they are fantastic. Best hostel staff I have come across! Thanks guys for a solid week in Tallinn!

One of the best hostels I ever stayed in! Location is perfect,facilities like kitchen and wifi are really good, it's always clean and cozy. But the most important thing about this hostel is atmosphere: stuff makes an excellent job, thanks to them and amazing bar with lounge area, Monk's is definitely appears to be a must-see place whole of Estonia.

Thanks for your good vibes, we really enjoyed having you to stay with us (on more than one occasion!) We look forward to meeting you again next time you're in Tallinn.

Perfect party hostel. It even has a bar and a smoker's room!

Such a great place! This will be my highest rating to date! The staff was in the middle of changing over when I stayed there, and can confidently say both the incoming and outgoing staff are wonderful. By far and away the best thing about this place is the atmosphere the staff and layout create. Yes, it is a party hostel, but if you stay a few days everyone will become family as well. LOVE THIS PLACE. Also, Monk's Bunk has the best wifi I have seen in a hostel.

Managed to find the elusive Monks Bunk Hostel doorway just next to a 24hr pizza place (more about that later). As i opened the door and ascended, I felt a sudden warmth and a desire. A desire to party. Hostel staff gladly obliged me. Welcome shots, midday shots, afternoon drinks, and more liquid jesus than any man can handle. The Monks Bunk, where everyone knows your name.. *insert Cheers theme tune here* GO HERE.

Despite definitely being a party hostel it had a very homely feel and we felt very comfortable there (even my friend who was dreading the party hostel was happy there). Pub crawl was well worth doing on a Friday - Saturday looked really tame. Have beer pong and pool etc - really fun. Staff were really helpful. Need to take your shoes off before entering - really irritating considering it is split on 2 levels with shoes off in each- did keep it clean tho. Toilets smelt a bit but would recommend

A bit noisy during the day...

• 20th Aug 2014

Epic hostel. Awesome staff, good facilities and fantastic common room. Recommend the pub crawl. Peace

The hostel is in a very central position, you can easily reach all the main city's attractions by walk. The staff is really nice and the activities they organize are awesome especially if you want to have fun and have party. I would recommend this hostel to all the young travellers who want to visit the city having also a great nightlife experience!

As a solo traveller i had an amazing stay in this hostel. I slept on the second floor so for me it was always very quite when i wanted to sleep. The beerpong tournament on my last night was a great end of my stay in estonia. Thanks to the great people in the hostel, the open/social atmosphere, the nice facilities and the friendly staff i had an great stay. This place has everything you could ask for in a hostel!

Fantastic and helpful staff in pretty much the very centre of Tallinn. Great for a short stay. Can be quite loud in the night (both the hostel and the streets downstairs), but was described as "the party hostel", so I have no complaints. The loos on my floor were in the same room as the showers, which meant the floor was always wet - not my favourite thing if you stick to the hostel's policy and take your shoes off right by the entrance to the second floor.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4