The Monk's Bunk Reviews

Tatari 1, Tallinn, Estonia

Great hostel!!! I will come back!

Definitely has a frat house vibe which I initially disliked, but after my first night (Saturday) things calmed down a bit and I enjoyed the atmosphere much more. Really nice and chill staff who are fun to hang with. If you like playing drinking games and going to bed after 3am while music is still blaring, this is the place for you. I'd never stayed at a party hostel before but in the end I'm glad I did because I met some great people. Def a unique experience. 90% of guests were male though

Hi there! Thanks for staying with us. As you mentioned, we are a party hostel and to this effect some nights can get quiet..party like. Especially on the weekend. Our staff however are there to make sure no ones left out. As you mentioned they are fun, laid back and easy to get along with. We do turn the music down and cease excessive noise earlier on weeknights. We're glad you enjoyed the experience!

From the second I entered the Hostel, the staff made me feel like one of the family. There’s never a dull moment at the Monk's. They provide plenty of advice to see the city by day (including the best places to get a good meal) and plenty of activities by night. They also take great pride in the cleanliness of the hostel. I wouldn’t stay anywhere else if I’m ever in Tallinn again as it definitely felt like my home away from home and leaving was a massive struggle. Shout out to Pat and the crew!

• 22nd Jan 2016

By far the best hostel in Europe I have been to. Friendly, outgoing and attentive staff only looking to make all backpackers time enjoyable.

• 17th Jan 2016

I would pick better spots for pub crawl because it was super crowded and small everywhere we went.

• 15th Jan 2016

Hey :) Our Mad Monks Pub crawl is extremely popular and does attract a lot of attendees. Keeping in mind Tallinn is a small medieval town there is a limited number of 'large' bars. We take you to popular places pending on the night of the week, some of which are located in cellars and the such. In saying that, the crawl always ends in one of the biggest and best nightclubs in town(again pending on which night of the week it is).

Awesome Hostel and Staff will be back. Pubcrawl was amazing. Thanks for the pancakes recommendation.

Imy thoughts of the hostel are nothing but positive. The team there are very welcoming, helpful with advice and recommendations for sightseeing and great party hosts. Will come back to Monks!

• 14th Jan 2016

Great stay, was quiet the first couple of nights as there weren't many people in the hostel but still plenty to do and the weekend more than made up for it. 1 minute walk to the Old Town, rooms were large and clean and staff were helpful/join in the party!

The most amazing place with the most amazing people. Rooms were clean and warm.

• 12th Jan 2016

Amazing hostel with good rooms, nice staff and awesome beer pong tournaments... :)

A good hostel with plenty of events. A bit cold at night but in general very recommendable!

If you have a day or two where you want to relax and have a quiet night, this is not for you. From the staff to the guests, this is a legitimate party hostel. If you can survive on a few hours sleep, this is where you want to do it. The reception desk is literally a fully stocked bar. What more do you need?

If you want a good time, this is the place. Super friendly staff, wicked pub crawl, and a welcome shot all make this a fun intro to Tallinn. You won't sleep but it's worth it. And it's clean!!

Where do I even begin? Monks Bunk is literally one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! Amazing atmosphere 24/7, the best staff (shout out to Lachlan, Courtney, Patrick and all the rest), cheap drinks, and fun vibes! We didn't stop drinking for 5 days straight and although our livers hate us, it was totally worth it. Special thanks to the Monks Bunk crew for organising the Xmas eve dinner (with enough pasta to feed a small African country), and for making Tallinn one of our favourite spots!

Great staff (I can only name Patrick but everyone was really nice), clean and modern bathroom, and plenty of events. Can be very noisy till 1-2am though.

Best place to meet people and to have party. Maybe not if you looking for relax. Position is perfect and the hostel is always clean.

Big, well stocked kitchen, awesome showers, great atmosphere, super welcoming and genuine staff who became friends Monks Bunk tends to attract people who are sociable so be prepared to meet lots of people, it was a really good place for a solo traveller. I will definitely be back, and will recommend it to anyone in Tallin. Shout out to my boy Greg.

Great Hostel, very clean, with spacious bathrooms, great spot near old town. Staff could be more cheerful

I came to Tallinn for a long weekend and ended up having one of the funnest weekends in my life. The rooms were nice, beds super comfy, and the kitchen well stocked. Even when there weren't many guests there, the staff were super friendly and fun. It was a great place to meet place to meet new people and make new friends. Pat's a gem! TL;DR A+, 10 out of 10, would recommend.

• 3rd Dec 2015

Definitely one of the best party hostels I've been to in Europe. Very positive environment full of young travelers looking to socialize. Perfect for solo travelers. The staff (Patrick gets a lot of points) is part of what makes this a special one, they are excellent at hosting events at the hostel and really make sure you are getting the best out of Tallinn. Also, beds are comfortable, shower is good, location is great. Impossible not to smile while staying there. Strongly recommend it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4