The Monk's Bunk Reviews

Tatari 1, Tallinn, Estonia

Great place to hangout in Tallinn, the staff makes you feel right at home and even though I was there during low season they still tried their very best to organise fun stuff for the few guests that were here. Location great, right outside the old town, a bit far from the bus station but right on the tram line that goes to it. Fun place, the bar makes it great for us lazy people who don't feel like going out but would like a cold tap beer. Or two.

• 6th Dec 2014

The Monks Bunk was one of the best hostels I have stayed at in Europe. We are a young couple and found it a perfect social environment to meet fellow travelers and locals. Crazy pub crawl, cool hostel bar, great facilities, very friendly staff. Polina and Dariana were very cool. Will definitely return to Tallinn and The Monks Bunk

Hey Matt! Such a great review...don't make us blush! We loved having you guys here...on more than one occasion. :) good luck with your travels and hope to see you soon again!

I really enjoyed my time here. Staff was superfriendly and did organise a lot of stuff. The bar was super relaxed. You had all kinds of games to keep your busy. And hey they even had belgium beer! If i'll come back i will def be staying in this place. Cheers

• 1st Dec 2014
  • Belgium

Had a great time in a nice city and a very cool hostel!

• 1st Dec 2014
  • Belgium

You would be mad to stay anywhere else while in Tallinn. Excellent hostel with a great vibe. Whether you feel like partying or relaxing, this hostel is suitable for both. Great bathrooms and the staff were excellent! Will be back again!

Cheers Will! Likewise you were a super guest and we had many fun nights with you, come back and get drunk with us when you're finished with Russia.

Best hostel in Tallinn! Great staff, great clean rooms and bathrooms, huge kitchen and overall great atmosphere. Would 100% recommend

From the moment that I stepped through the door I felt welcomed by the staff. I had travelled for 7 hours and was exhausted and straight away they took me in, offered me tea/coffee, helped me settle my stuff down and invited me to the hostel' s events. As the staff are all youthful it was easier to integrate and hearing all the stories of fellow travellers made the experience all the more worthwhile. They have excellent knowledge if the area and treat you like a friend not just a guest .

Neil you were a welcome slice of home for the English among us! It was awesome to party with you, and we commend your ability to be a super tourist despite the post pub crawl hangover. Hats off to you my friend, come see us again soon.

I stayed here in late November, which means fewer people around. However, even with only 10 people staying here this place had an amazing atmosphere. Travelling alone, I met some amazing people within 10 minutes of arriving. The bathrooms are huge and always clean and the kitchen is great. Having a bar in the hostel was excellent and made meeting people that much easier. The staff were incredibly friendly and went out of their way to help you with whatever you needed. Definitely stay here!

Would 100% Recommend this hostel. Staff 10/10, Accommodation style and standard 10/10. Location 10/10. Rosie and the staff will help you have an amazing experience here. Book!! :)

What a great stay I had in Tallinn , especially the great people at the Monk's Bunk. Rosie, Paulina and the crew really made me feel at home especially as it was my birthday over the weekend and went out of their way with a birthday cake !!! Will definately visit again.

• 19th Nov 2014

Thanks Ed! Was great to have you stay with us, come back and visit us soon. Next birthday maybe?

Great hostel and super fun atmosphere. Really close to the old town and staff were really helpful in showing spots to eat/drink etc. Flipcup and beerpong tournaments were amazing! Only problem with our stay is that there are no heaters in the rooms and Estonia can be freezing so we all had to sleep in layers and layers of clothes to keep warm. Install heaters!!

Hey guys! Thanks for your nice words, we really enjoyed having you guys here and taking part in our pub crawls and games. We had an electricity problems those days and we were just fixing our heating system. All rooms have heaters and I must say that now everything works fine and it's very warm in here. We look forward to partying with you again! Safe travels!

Staff really helpful and lots of fun. Good, fun atmosphere even though there weren't too many people staying. Kitchen facilities really nice. Would come back again.

Staying at the Monk's Bunk was easily one of the best times I've had on vacation. Tallinn is an awesome city, and the Monk's Bunk makes it that much better. I've traveled a fair amount, and this was the first time I ever extended a stay somewhere. Excellent staff (special shout-out to Allen, Fabian and Rosie), well-stocked bar, clean & comfortable facilities, and perfect location. Pub Crawl Wednesday-Saturday, but they make sure other nights are equally fun. Make sure to try the cocaine shot!!

I had very nice experience. The staff was really nice and helpful, the hotel is very central and everything was just perfect!

Awesome !

This is the best hostel in Tallinn for partying. Experienced guides (thank you Alan!) lead you to the best night out spots, all in the proximity of the hostel. Clean, friendly and awesome staff.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Finland

The Monk's bunk is an excellent party hostel, attracts a great crowd, has a superb bar, great location, equipped kitchen and all that stuff. The staff is a great bunch as well, all in all, if you're staying somewhere else in Tallinn you're making a big mistake.

The only place to stay in Tallinn! Friendly and welcoming atmosphere, perfectly equipped and clean/well maintained facilities, central location and most importantly fantastic staff! Only regret is not staying longer!

It was a Hostel with a bar or a bar with a hostel? What are you looking for? The friday night there were a drummer group in the common area and more than sixty people drinking an shouting. The cleanliness were excellent, the price was OK and the bed was confortable.

Hey Alberto, Thanks for staying with us and letting us know what you thought. Apologies if you thought the hostel was a bit lively, the bar is a very central part of what makes this place special! We clearly state that we are a party hostel, so perhaps next time you might prefer to stay in one of our partner hostels which have a more relaxed vibe.

I had a great stay and the facilities are great.

« first « Prev 1 2 3