The Monk's Bunk Reviews

Tatari 1, Tallinn, Estonia

I stayed here in late November, which means fewer people around. However, even with only 10 people staying here this place had an amazing atmosphere. Travelling alone, I met some amazing people within 10 minutes of arriving. The bathrooms are huge and always clean and the kitchen is great. Having a bar in the hostel was excellent and made meeting people that much easier. The staff were incredibly friendly and went out of their way to help you with whatever you needed. Definitely stay here!

Would 100% Recommend this hostel. Staff 10/10, Accommodation style and standard 10/10. Location 10/10. Rosie and the staff will help you have an amazing experience here. Book!! :)

What a great stay I had in Tallinn , especially the great people at the Monk's Bunk. Rosie, Paulina and the crew really made me feel at home especially as it was my birthday over the weekend and went out of their way with a birthday cake !!! Will definately visit again.

• 19th Nov 2014

Thanks Ed! Was great to have you stay with us, come back and visit us soon. Next birthday maybe?

Great hostel and super fun atmosphere. Really close to the old town and staff were really helpful in showing spots to eat/drink etc. Flipcup and beerpong tournaments were amazing! Only problem with our stay is that there are no heaters in the rooms and Estonia can be freezing so we all had to sleep in layers and layers of clothes to keep warm. Install heaters!!

Hey guys! Thanks for your nice words, we really enjoyed having you guys here and taking part in our pub crawls and games. We had an electricity problems those days and we were just fixing our heating system. All rooms have heaters and I must say that now everything works fine and it's very warm in here. We look forward to partying with you again! Safe travels!

Staff really helpful and lots of fun. Good, fun atmosphere even though there weren't too many people staying. Kitchen facilities really nice. Would come back again.

Staying at the Monk's Bunk was easily one of the best times I've had on vacation. Tallinn is an awesome city, and the Monk's Bunk makes it that much better. I've traveled a fair amount, and this was the first time I ever extended a stay somewhere. Excellent staff (special shout-out to Allen, Fabian and Rosie), well-stocked bar, clean & comfortable facilities, and perfect location. Pub Crawl Wednesday-Saturday, but they make sure other nights are equally fun. Make sure to try the cocaine shot!!

I had very nice experience. The staff was really nice and helpful, the hotel is very central and everything was just perfect!

Awesome !

This is the best hostel in Tallinn for partying. Experienced guides (thank you Alan!) lead you to the best night out spots, all in the proximity of the hostel. Clean, friendly and awesome staff.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Finland

The Monk's bunk is an excellent party hostel, attracts a great crowd, has a superb bar, great location, equipped kitchen and all that stuff. The staff is a great bunch as well, all in all, if you're staying somewhere else in Tallinn you're making a big mistake.

The only place to stay in Tallinn! Friendly and welcoming atmosphere, perfectly equipped and clean/well maintained facilities, central location and most importantly fantastic staff! Only regret is not staying longer!

It was a Hostel with a bar or a bar with a hostel? What are you looking for? The friday night there were a drummer group in the common area and more than sixty people drinking an shouting. The cleanliness were excellent, the price was OK and the bed was confortable.

Hey Alberto, Thanks for staying with us and letting us know what you thought. Apologies if you thought the hostel was a bit lively, the bar is a very central part of what makes this place special! We clearly state that we are a party hostel, so perhaps next time you might prefer to stay in one of our partner hostels which have a more relaxed vibe.

I had a great stay and the facilities are great.

I can easily imagine this being paradise for many backpackers. They have many common rooms, but the highlight is a bar with pool tables, a smoking room and good music. The reception is by the bar, and the staff there is super friendly. Rooms are nice, clean and safe, even though my locker was broken. The area of the hostel is truly shabby, with drunken men everywhere. Fun. If you have a car, the staff is clueless as where to park it. I got a parking ticket the next day following their advices.

Thanks for your comments, we're glad you enjoyed our hostel! Apologies about the broken locker, if you had let us know during your stay then we would have fixed that for you right away. Local knowledge of staff is very important to us, so I'm sorry you were given this wrong information at reception. All staff have now been updated to avoid this happening in the future.

1 2 Next » last »