The Monk's Bunk Reviews

Tatari 1, Tallinn, Estonia

Such a great hostel, had so much fun I extended my trip twice! Best staff (especially Pat!), atmosphere was awesome and the hostel itself was super clean! All in all best hostel I've stayed in!

Great location, big lockers in rooms, good kitchen facilities, enough clean bathrooms/showers and we couldn't hear any loud music from the bar in our door. In terms of being a "party hostel", it wasn't really for us as both nights it just consisted of really really drunk people playing drinking games. If that's not your thing, maybe stay somewhere else

Hi! Thanks for staying with us. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time with us as much as we would have hoped. Indeed, we are a party hostel, which involves a lot of alcohol related fun :) If you would have let us know, we would have found you a suitable alternative. For example Tallinn Backpackers: also a very fun hostel, just a bit more chilled and with less drinking. Cheers! The Monk's Bunk crew

A lot of party here. Really good for solo travellers as you can meet new people daily. Good location akd the pub crawl is definitely worth doing. Staff were fantastic, friendly and helpful. They really enjoy their jobs

great stay

This was an absolutely amazing hostel! The staff were so fun and nice, and the pub crawl was unreal! Literally cheers for everything;)

Great hostel, party atmosphere and good tours

Nice place. Good location, decent crew. Pleasant stay all together.

everything was very nice and even though the room had many people, it was all well organized and a nice and clean atmosphere. The staff is very friendly!

Got greeted with a shot of Estonian liquor and this place definitely knows how to drink/ encourage outings from travellers. As they advertise, not for those who want quiet, sleepy nights. Cool beer pong and communal space - they do many different activities like the bar crawl which we accidentally ended up out with. Showers and bedrooms decent - standard hostel bunkbeds. Within walking distance to Tallinn old town and the main attractions - definitely recommend 3 dragons under the Town hall

awesome party-hostel. the staff did a great job to make everyone feel welcome! i've never seen such a party wihin the hostel. who needs sleep when there's beer pong?

Really cool place! Enjoyed my one night here! Atmosphere was really good, met a lot of good people at the pool table and beer pong. They have nice graffiti on their walls as well. Beds were clean, lockers were quite good. If only they upgraded their locks it would be perfect. Bathrooms were spacious and clean. The old part of town is a short walk away but nothing too far. Well connected to the coach station and the airport as well. Finally, have to mention the staff as well who're very receptive

Great atmosphere if you're looking to meet people. Hostel was clean!

Easily one of the best hostels I have stayed. 5min walk to the old town and lots of great activities run by the staff. Thanks to all the staff for such a great time.

Anyone i know thats heading to tallinn i'll send them your way.

It is a very decent and definitely well kept party hostel. There are activities every night, cool people around and it is definitely the right place to meet new people and have fun. Probably not the best place to go if you want a romantic weekend. Not a problem if you want quietness: the noise is kept in the common room and in the rooms are silent. In order to access both the rooms and the common room you have to take off your shoes, which helps keeping the hostel very clean.

By far the best staff I've ever met on my travels; they're constantly going above and beyond to maintain their awesome inclusive atmosphere. Impressively clean bathrooms, underbed lockers, and non-squeaky beds make this place a winner. Awesome location too!

This hostel was amazing, the atmosphere was amazing every night, I loved the quality of the toilet paper and the cheap drinks!! I had a great time drinking with coco the eagle and the staff where very helpful with showing me great local places to eat and drink, will definitely come back to this awesome party hostel :)

Great hostel, would stay again if i was coming back to Tallinn. Best hostel of the trip.

Whenever I stop thru Tallinn again I will 100% be making my way to the Monks Bunk. Best hostel experience yet.

I didn't think the cleanliness of the shower areas was up to scratch - I'm fairly sure that no one changed the handtowels for at least 2 days and the mats inside were always very gross. While I understand the need for workers at the hostel to have a good time (obviously they're travelling and want to enjoy life) I thought it was VERY unprofessional to have almost the whole staff drunkenly wrestling each other in the common room.

We try our best to maintain the highest standards in our hostel and on this occasion it seems like we messed up. We'll be sure to keep a closer eye on it in the future, thanks for your comments!