The Monk's Bunk Reviews

Tatari 1, Tallinn, Estonia

Great location, super friendly staff, big well-equipped kitchen, comfortable beds, games to play, a movie room, a sauna, a full bar...pretty much whatever you're looking for in a hostel, you'll find it and more here. On top of this, there's a super friendly vibe from staff and guests alike. I came to Tallinn for a weekend not expecting much, but ended up having an awesome time. Thanks to everyone at the MB!

Excellent place to stay in Tallin, if your not afraid of partying. Facilities are great and fellow travellers/workers are really easy going.

• 10th Jan 2014
  • Finland

Just a block away from the old town, The Monks Bunk has a great location... We had a blast with the friendly staff and the partying was great... I recommend this hostel to anyone that wants to know Tallinn's day and nightlife

The staff welcomed me very nicely providing a map and facilities nearby the hostel. I got a private tour through the hostel, the rules and what tours they offer. Thats how you wished to be welcomed always. After settling down in my room we played drinkin games with a lot of fun and went afterwards to a free pub crawl tour which was excellent as well. The staff is really side by side with the customers and answers all questions. Great plus is the own kitchen, the sauna, the central location !

My 2 friends and i were on a long trip and stayed many hostels no doubt Monk's Bunk is our favorite. Great welcome, clean rooms, perfect location, reasonable prices.. yeah there are all things you want to see a hostel !! and also i should say that i went to Tallinn in christmas time and i couldn't buy Estonian stamps for my stamps collection because of holiday but they sent me them :) i mean they are also so friendly !! Are you still reading this review just stop and book it !! :)

• 23rd Dec 2013
  • Turkey

Perfect location, really close to the Old Town. The staff is really fun and always go out with the guest on their FREE pub crawl. They also give valuable tips about what to do and where to eat in town. Don't forget to use the mini-sauna!

Stayed here 3 nights and it wasn't nearly long enough. Monk's Bunk is equal parts party central and home away from home. 10points for location, comfy beds, cheap drinks at the hostel bar, social atmosphere, fun guests, free pub crawls, and movie room for a quiet night in. Staff are all super friendly and helpful and go out of their way to make you feel like part of the family. €3 dinners exceeded expectation- gold star goes to Darragh especially for the roast chicken. Can't wait to come back!

Fantastic night, ended all too quickly. Staff was engaging and helpful, dorms were cheap, facilities were clean, location right next to old town...really everything I'd want from a hostel! Shout out for the movie and sauna night!

• 13th Dec 2013

I have stayed at many hostels, but this was by far my favourite one. It had everything I could ask for, it was cheap, had a great kitchen, movie room, very nice beds. It was basically across the street from Old Town and easy to get around. The hostel had a very cheap bar, where all the partying began. I had the chance to meet a lot of other travelers and the staff helped with the fun times and information. I think I spent too much time playing Air Hockey. Shout out to the crazy staff!!

• 13th Dec 2013

One of the best hostels i ever staid in with the best staff i ever saw. When i got there i was the only client and the staff invited me to sit and drink with them, they even took me out afterwards. The hostel has a great bar with lots of space, a pooltable, sauna, cinema room and ice hokey table. The make dinner every day which only costs €3 and is prety good. I loved it so much that i cancelled my flight to stay some extra nights. ps Emma you are a great cook

Was here before and didn't get dissapointed the second time! Thanks! Always again!

very nice staff:)))) greetings to Mr M. ;) very good atmosphere :) will be back to this hostel soon :) and to Tallinn too :))for party! ;))

The Monk's Bunk it's absolutely an ideal solution for those who want to visit this nice city. The atmosphere is wonderful, the members of the staff are gentle, polite and friendly, and the commonal areas (kitchen, bar, living room…) are ideal to get in contact with persons from all over the world. I've really been positvely impressed by this nice place, so much that I warmly recommend it to all the tourists, tavellers or backpackers going to Tallinn.

• 3rd Dec 2013

Great place! Go there!!

Only one night spent there, but what a night and an afternoon :) Only one thing to notice : the staff sucks at beer pong!!! :) A bientot!!! ;)

• 26th Nov 2013

good party hostel close to the old town

I had an amazing time at The Monk's Bunk, great people, great atmosphere and it really is one of the best party hostels out there

I had an excellent experience staying at this hostel despite Tallin being slower than usual due to me being there in the offseason. The main reason I had such a wonderful time was because of the staff at the Monk's Bunk. They were warm, friendly, approachable, and fun to spend time with. I feel that I made some great connections with the staff who welcomed me more than any other hostel staff would have.

Awesome hostel, amazing staff, great location, cozy, all in all was a great stay.

The location was excellent very close to the old town, facilities were great pool table ping pong table(beer pong) Wi-Fi was free. kitchen was good hostel meals were available very appetising and cheap. Bedrooms were clean and tidy, comfortable beds and clean sheets, Bathrooms were immaculate very rare in a hostel. The atmosphere was brilliant the staff made the holiday made you feel warm welcome and like you were at home thank you to all the guys, not enough letters to name you all Rob&Lawrie

• 6th Nov 2013