7.1
Very Good 1,021 Total Reviews
7.1
Very Good 1,021 Total Reviews
The Monkeys in the Trees Located at 49 Becklow Road, Shepherds Bush, London.
England
London W12 9ER 49 Becklow Road, Shepherds Bush
71% 1021
51.5055638 -0.2415168
    Rooms available

• Australia, Male, 18-24
21st Jul 2016
4.0

Honestly, just don't stay here. My bed was crawling with bed bugs, and talking with a few others staying there it was the same in a few other rooms as well. We asked on two occasions if something could be done, and reception just asked if we'd like to check out. I would've liked to, except it's not easy to change hostels on a weekend with little notice, so we just put up with it. When we checked out we asked for a refund and were told there was nothing they could do. just a bad stay really.

19th Jul 2016

As a mature age traveler , the hostel was very convenient for my needs, price, location and breakfast was not bad. The young blond girl was very helpful.

• England, Female, 25-30
17th Jul 2016
6.9

The downstairs part of this hostel was nice but for some reason there were never any women there other than me - like maybe it was an unwelcoming environment for women? And I didn't like that the TV was on all the time. The upstairs area (kitchen, bathrooms, bedrooms) was extremely cramped and not very clean. Someone (I think maybe the cleaner?) seemed to move our stuff around the room every day; but it might just have been other people in the room. Staff were super friendly and helpful.

• England, Male, 31-40
9th Jul 2016
3.1

This place was horrible. We counted just over 100 bedbug bites on my friends arms alone, in just two nights. The head receptionist was just arrogant and rude; we had to wake him at 11am to check us out and he actually swore at us because we woke him and said "what do you want me to do I'm not your f'n babysitter, I'm off shift go find the other receptionist. Not cool man!!!!

8th Jul 2016

Self catering facilities were a kettle and a microwave which was a bit disappointing but other than that I thought the hostel was fine and I enjoyed my stay. Thanks dudes.

• mchoppe
  • Germany, Female, 18-24
4th Jul 2016
6.3

Staff was nice, not overly ecxited though, and it was quite easy to find. The pub downstairs is ok but a bit run down. Self build bunk beds were a bit too much. Sheets and pillows were ok but I had a lot of dust in every corner of the bed. The kitchen is tiny but you can store your food in the fridge and eat downstairs in the pub. the bathrooms aren't good at all and for some reason there are no sockets in the bathrooms. It's ok for just sleeping there and going out over the day.

• England, Male, 31-40
2nd Jul 2016
8.0

It's far from the Ritz but what do you expect for what you payed!! I didn't mind the place one little bit..... The staff was friendly, the people that stayed in the dorm I stopped in was nice and I never came across one single bed bug like a lot of people have moaned about! Yeah the toilets and shower area are tiny but it's not as if your sleeping in the loo is it! Can I just add I've stopped here 4 times now and will be stopping every time I work in Shepherd's Bush.....

• Poland, Female, 25-30
1st Jul 2016
5.4

Communication with staff was hard, I called to tell them about my flight delay and they did not know what to do so they told me they would call me back at 8pm. Well they did not so I had to call them, they I told them that I will seek for some other accommodation for the night and arrive early in the morning for my second night. They told me my bed would be available and then it was not. they did not let me in to the room even though I paid for night I was not able to get there. Staff didn't car

30th Jun 2016
6.0

Bed bugssssssss!

28th Jun 2016

Each time I come to London I stay in the Monkeys! Friendly staff, nice atmosphere, and a great garden!