The Monkeys in the Trees Reviews

49 Becklow Road, Shepherds Bush, London, England

good place for very good money great location

The atmostphere in the pub downstairs was great, but it was annoying that it was not open all the time. The internet was very poor, could not access it at all in my room, and could not get my laptop to connect. The rooms and beds were okay, but the bathrooms are terrible - some very small, water gets all over the floor, the showers have to be handheld, and most importantly there is no soap ANYWHERE in the hostel, meaning nobody washes their hands after using the toilets. Far from tube stations.

• 15th May 2015

From the moment I arrived I felt like I had become lower class, but i guess this is the state of London, the street has council flats on it and the beds are triple stacked so you cant sit up. The long term guests where nice except for the polish, they tell me this is the best hostel in London, no oven in kitchen only microwave, showers are all broken so you have to hold the nozzle. 30min walk to closest tube station or 2 bus's to town. Lounge is the pub. For 1-3 nights spend more elsewhere.

Free Wifi was really helpful~ staff were attentive. Free breakfast was ok. My bed was clean and decently comfortable. There was no common area open past midnight, so those of us wanting to chat were a bit out of luck, but everyone was pleasant throughout the day. I wish we'd had hand soap in the bathrooms, and bath mats on the floors, but showers were warm and lockers were inexpensive. Overall, not a bad place to stay. We had a few unsavory roommates, but they can't help that.

• 4th May 2015

Not enough space in the room. The bathroom is not very tidy and with a problem of stable warm water supply.

Not the greatest place to stay really. My mattress was old and lumpy with springs poking me the through the night. It was a decent walk to the nearest tube or an extra bus ride before I could go anywhere central. The showers were a joke (no pressure, variable temperature and no wall holder for the shower head) and the "bar" downstairs was dubbed the house of wax by my visiting friend for its dull atmosphere of people only on wifi. That said it was rather cheap and I did feel safe enough.

Very happy overall £10 included breakfast. Staff very helpful the Manager Peter goes above his call of duty making sure everyone is happy. Bathroom could be a bit cleaner

• 20th Apr 2015

This is a wonderful hostel, located at a great peaceful location with amazing staff. To start, the staff is 10/10, very helpful, fun and appreciative of having you as a guest. There is a very nice pub downstairs in the hostel and you can get very reasonably priced drinks from here. The rooms are clean, the showers have hot water and the wifi is great! All in all, I truly enjoyed my stay at this hostel and will surely come back.

Pretty good value for money for a hostel in London.

Great service from Vlad and Peter. Chris.

• 3rd Apr 2015

This hostel was okay. Kitchen was tiny; water temperature in showers constantly fluctuated, and they needed to be held above head; and own alcohol could not be drunk in common area (so I had to pay ₤4 for one at the bar there, instead of drinking the three I had bought earlier).

The staff was fantastic. They were all very helpful and friendly. Our stay was for a week total do we felt like we got to know many different people from all over the world here. The only problem we had was there not being big enough lockers for our backpacks. Also the bathroom could use a good scrubbing. But overall we had a fun stay here.

• 30th Mar 2015

The hostel was easy to find. It was a little hard to meet people, some of the people I was sharing the room with told me that they hadn't talked to anyone before I arrived... which to me seems a little strange because it was a 12 person bedroom. The showers were not cleaned very well and some it was hard to control the temperature. The atmosphere was a little closed in the hostel and it was hard to socialize a lot with others. Also, the lock on our door was broken...

Great little hostel.Rooms clean,comfortable big beds. Free breakfast wifi and lockers Will come back definitely

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Poland

Staff very helpful. Far from center, but with good bus and underground connections. They could at least put towers so that the showers/bathrooms aren't super wet (floor) and room could be cleaner. Everything could be cleaner, I think, but only to sleep, it's Ok.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Portugal

Good place with a nice bar downstairs, very good value for money.

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Poland

Monkey in the trees is a nice and cosy hostel. It is well maintained and the location is quite central. There is a choice between different type of dorms, and a pub downstairs with comfy seats. Really not much to criticise apart maybe more cooking facilities within the kitchen space. But yes overall a very nice place to be at, to be recommended and friendly staff.

• 8th Mar 2015

The staff was great! When we had a delay in travel they stayed at the desk and let us check-in late. There are no lockers in the room, but there are some available for valuables in the hallway.

Inexpensive. Friendly atmosphere. Clean facilities, though bathroom floors tended to be wet. Bit of a long walk to the subway, but close to the bus. Overall good value.

• 28th Feb 2015