The Monkeys in the Trees Reviews

49 Becklow Road, Shepherds Bush, London, England

Very dirty

• 9th Nov 2014

No reply to 2 emails, 1 call in three answered. No smile or warm welcome on arrival. I stayed in room 101. Window glass broken. Two plug sockets to 6 beds. Bunks are 3 beds high, ladders are unsafe. You can't sit up in your bunk. The duvet is too narrow, no reading light. The showers are filthy, showers curtains orange from mould, drains are blocked. No hooks, shower heads don't attach to wall, 1 handed shower. Carpets are filthy. Coded locks, codes don't change. The pub downstairs is relaxing.

Such a lovely chilled out atmosphere, staff were gorgeous and smiley and extremely helpful. The Hostel itself was tidy, well structured, smelled lovely and was possibly one of the cleanest I've seen in a long time.. As for breakfast, it felt like fine dinning, nice effort made in making a relatively simple continental breakfast into something quite appealing. As for the icing on the cake, it was on top of a really quiet pub. Lush !

• 5th Nov 2014

Comfortable enough but on a personal note I would prefer to be able to watch the football weekends instead of just the musuc channels on the rv., nice blend of people and transport links are adequate. The showers could do with tinkering up a little as the thermostat can't be working properly as hot and cold are about a milli second apart.

The hostel was over run with bed bugs. You had to relog onto to the WiFi every half an hour and you could only use it from within the pub. Location was good, lots of buses and central line station not to far away. |Kitchen was advertised but there was only a microwave and no other appliances.. Would not stay here again. Price was decent. The main door to the hostel rooms was broken but all the other doors were secure.

• 28th Oct 2014

Staff was really helpful and welcoming. thanks!

The cleanliness above all in the bathroom was very poor.

Because the beds were made of wood, me and another girl, we found a few bugs on the bed

Worst hostel we've ever stayed in!!!!

• 27th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

the monkeys in the tree is a small but cool hostel! i like the britsh style of the living room with a small cool bar. the room is not so big ,but cleanliness is ok. the staffs there are very friendly and nice . you can just chat with them like making new friends too .

• 21st Oct 2014
  • ashleyleebo

Hostel is in a nice neighbourhood, you feel safe at night, closest underground station is shepards bush market and it's about 10 min walk away, but the buses are driving all the time so that is not a problem, there is a lot of markets nearby and cheap fastfood places. breakfast is ok. the lockers are in the first floor To the staff: please buy one more toaster and change the matresses in the room 101 (the room by the greyhound sign) thats a must, otherwise great hostel and nice staff

The palce wasn't hard to find. Me and my friends felt like home there, the staff was amazing, the place is very cosy. I have nothing bad to say about this place, only positive things :)

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Latvia

Everything was fine but I got attacked by bed bugs! They got a pest controller in but I still got bitten, Not good.

Very nice and clean hostel in a good location.Very easy you can get to the points of interest even in the night time. Very kind,helpful and informative staff Nice big rooms with solid wooden bunks,fast wifi working I the rooms as well Great free and fresh continental breakfast Very nice and quiet pub downstairs with discounts for guests. Overall I would highly recommend this hostel if you want cheap and cheerful stay in London

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Poland

As long as you're fine with a little under a mile walk to and from the ubderground station, the hostel is cheap and has the nicest lobby/lounge/staff of any hostel I stayed in in England.

Very nice hostel, especially by its unique atmosphere. The breakfast is a very nice opportunity to meet people lodging in the hostel. The bar is pleasant, with discounted drinks for hostel customers. The covers could be better, the same for the mattresses, but the most important thing is people and I met really nice people in there. Then I went to another hostel which is definitely not bad, but if I come to London again one day, I will go back to Monkeys. Special thumbs up for bartender Piotr!

Quiet and clean rooms, security lockers, 24 hour access, always felt safe, lovely staff. Would be amazing if they had washing facilities but there's a laundrette nearby. It's a bit far from the tube but 24 hour buses available.

Overall an average stay. Biggest problem for me and my friend was getting to and from the hostel on a daily basis. It's in Zone 2, which makes it a little expensive (for people on a tight budget) to travel back after a day of sightseeing/tourist stuff. (Because usually those activities are in Zone 1.) You have to take the tube to Shepard's Bush

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Kyra7

Not a bad hostel but with some minor changes it could be so much better. The kitchen could be upgraded a bit and some power sockets next to each bed would make this place a lot better! Showers are average as well.

This hostel was very far away from central London and really filthy. I've been to a lot of hostels, but never to a disgusting one like this. The staff is lazy& unfriendly, the showers& toiletts are very dirty& almost falling apart& it seems like there is no one ever cleaning anything in this place. I can only tell you: don't go to this hostel, it's not even worth the low price! We only stayed there for one night, didn't get our money back& moved to generator hostel, which was very clean& good..

You were unhappy with the hostel as you did not like our location, you were here for less than 10hrs, arriving late at night and leaving the next morning. We are in a great area, that you do need to catch transport , which is clearly obvious in our description . As for staying at another hostel, that is double the price to us, it is unreasonable to compare us. We offer a great hostel at a good price and it is a shame you did not appreciate this. Our staff have won award for customer service.

« first « Prev 1 2 3