The Monkeys in the Trees Reviews

49 Becklow Road, Shepherds Bush, London, England

I had a lot of fun staying at this hostel! The security was good: There were security codes on the back door, door to the stairway that led to the rooms, and on each room door. The lobby area was super homey; it was decorated like a living room with comfortable couches and tables. The Wifi was great in the lobby and on the floor above, but I didn't have a signal in my room on the second floor. It took me about 45 minutes to an hour to get into the city via the Underground. All in all I liked it!

excellent value for money, would book again

• 1st Feb 2016

Fresh, refurbished, nice and clean...

• 20th Jan 2016
  • Poland

great atmosphere - love pub downstairs. great stuff-made me feel welcome. great stay. thank you

• 19th Jan 2016
  • Poland

My stay was good. My room was freshly painted and clean, the same bathrooms. Peter and Jacob are really good hosts and my whole stay was good ;)

• 15th Jan 2016
  • Poland

Staff were great. Bit musty and damp. Bad showers. Not a great atmosphere.

Not so clean, good breakfast though. Kinda expensive for what you get and the somewhat out of the way location. Staff was really cool

I liked the hostel, but if you are coming to London to party you should look for a hostel near Camden or Shoreditch. The staff was extremely friendly, my friend came too late due to Blablacar and I could let her in anyway. The breakfast was ok and the bar I also liked. Around the corner you find a lot of cheap food and vegetables. The only negative thing was that my friend had bed bug bites (bed 5), I hadn't though, but my matress was too old cuz I could only feel the bed springs, no softness9

Breakfast is good and wi fi is accessible from all the rooms which is handy. Also the staff are pleasant and friendly.

I was a little bit disappointed about the fact that the door of room 202 couldn't close... Other than that very friendly staff and I enjoyed my stay.

• 4th Dec 2015
  • Belgium

The showers and rooms were very dirty and there was extensive mold in the rooms. The kitchen was very sub standard and dirty. Room was overcrowded with little or no space

• 30th Nov 2015
  • South Africa

The most dire of hostels I've been in. Health and safety checks are needed for the is place. Staying in a mould infested environment is not good for ones health.

Great hostel. All the staff were amazing. Special mention to Peter who went out of his way to help, more than once. Definitely stay again.

• 26th Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

nice little hostel, 20min from the centre, staff very nice and always helpful. Really good value for money!

• 23rd Nov 2015
  • Switzerland

The showers and toilets could be cleaner

Always great staff, pleasant place to stay!

The hostel is a 20-min walk from the tube station (there is also bus). It is not the newest, but really good value for money. It includes a free breakfast (tea, juice, cornflakes, bread, butter, jam, boiled eggs). While some bathrooms could have been cleaner, they were certainly in no worse shape than those in the many many other hostels in London I have stayed at. The staff is helpful and nice, the pub a cosy place to hang out, meet people or just watch films on your laptop.

It doesn't look like the pictures, is much more older, the beds are extra small and unconfortable. the showers and toilets are clean but the rooms aren't. too far from the tube stations.

Great place ! very friendly staff!!! I come often!

Cheap and dirty place. Completely not worth the money (you get what you pay for) Its best to spend some extra pounds and have peace of mind.

• 7th Oct 2015