The Monkeys in the Trees Reviews

49 Becklow Road, Shepherds Bush, London, England

pro's: location is pretty good, it's not fae to the city center with tube. Free breakfast, eventhough it's basically just toast and jam. Door code, so no fear of losing/forgetting key card. Nice pub downstairs. con's: No lockers available when I asked at reception. Gave me wrong door code so I had to wait outside at 5am until another guest came. No stove in 'kitchen'. Dirty, broken and small bathrooms.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Could have been cleaner. Shower pressure and heat were unpredictable. Bar on site was nice.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • South Africa

Great staff! So helpfull and sweet!

• 19th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

Everytime you step on the floor it makes annoying loud noises, so as when you press the password in the door (what an archaic method to get inside the room). There is no locker inside the bedrooms, i.e. no security there, they are located in a different floor in the hall. The narrow and tiny bathrooms with terrible showers that doesn't regulate temperature very well and the floor was disgusting. The kitchen, if you call that cubicle with no oven a kitchen, with only a microwave and a refrigerato

the staff members were really helpful and were trying to help at any problem.I think they must hire few more so they can do more things for the hostel .the pub was ok not really like a true pub but...ok.

There's a lot of people staying at the hostel, but you have your privacy. You should plan the time to go take your bath or you'll stay in line for awhile and maybe loose the breakfast (it happened once with me). The garden is good to take a beer and smoke a cigarette. The staff is just outstanding and in a hostel I think most of the times that's what matters. You have a pub downstairs where you can buy your beer for a good price. To London it has a good location if you have an Oyster card.

what i liked: it didn't stink of smoke, the garden, comfortable bed what i didn't like: dust everywhere, no place to hang the shower head in the shower, one bathroom didn't have a lock, no soap by the sinks, slow wifi

My boyfriend and myself stayed here for two nights as a hotel alternative whilst working in London. For this purpose, it was perfect. We were unable to get to there before the latest check-in time but staff were very understanding of our late arrival. The room was basic but that's all that was needed. Unfortunately I had a cold shower both days but that was the only hardship in staying here! A lovely pub downstairs provides a great social area and all other guests were friendly. Thumbs up!

• 26th Jun 2015

Its a good hostel, has a good atmosphere and good breakfast. But obviously it needs some small fixings in the bathrooms in 1st floor (loose water taps, bath paving, floor and loose toilet) and the 1st floor carpet and I´ll be doing it if I were the owner.

Generally a nice place to stay! The pub is lovely, the staff was always nice and the breakfast was good AND free. The only problem I encountered was having to take a quick cold shower in the morning cause apparently there was no hot water..apart from that, everything went well!

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Argentina

Fix the dam showers

Great atmosphere and everyone is so nice and helpful there !

• 27th May 2015

good place for very good money great location

The atmostphere in the pub downstairs was great, but it was annoying that it was not open all the time. The internet was very poor, could not access it at all in my room, and could not get my laptop to connect. The rooms and beds were okay, but the bathrooms are terrible - some very small, water gets all over the floor, the showers have to be handheld, and most importantly there is no soap ANYWHERE in the hostel, meaning nobody washes their hands after using the toilets. Far from tube stations.

• 15th May 2015

From the moment I arrived I felt like I had become lower class, but i guess this is the state of London, the street has council flats on it and the beds are triple stacked so you cant sit up. The long term guests where nice except for the polish, they tell me this is the best hostel in London, no oven in kitchen only microwave, showers are all broken so you have to hold the nozzle. 30min walk to closest tube station or 2 bus's to town. Lounge is the pub. For 1-3 nights spend more elsewhere.

This hostel is in a nice area of London and it is well run. I enjoyed my stay here. The free breakfast including boiled eggs is a nice touch. There are a few slight problems though, the showers aren't great, and there aren't any cooking facilities in the hostel (there is only a microwave). It is also a little bit out of the city. On the flip side, it is in quite a nice area of Shepards Bush and it is fairly secure. It is a good hostel to meet other traveller's though.

Free Wifi was really helpful~ staff were attentive. Free breakfast was ok. My bed was clean and decently comfortable. There was no common area open past midnight, so those of us wanting to chat were a bit out of luck, but everyone was pleasant throughout the day. I wish we'd had hand soap in the bathrooms, and bath mats on the floors, but showers were warm and lockers were inexpensive. Overall, not a bad place to stay. We had a few unsavory roommates, but they can't help that.

• 4th May 2015

Not enough space in the room. The bathroom is not very tidy and with a problem of stable warm water supply.

Not the greatest place to stay really. My mattress was old and lumpy with springs poking me the through the night. It was a decent walk to the nearest tube or an extra bus ride before I could go anywhere central. The showers were a joke (no pressure, variable temperature and no wall holder for the shower head) and the "bar" downstairs was dubbed the house of wax by my visiting friend for its dull atmosphere of people only on wifi. That said it was rather cheap and I did feel safe enough.

Very happy overall £10 included breakfast. Staff very helpful the Manager Peter goes above his call of duty making sure everyone is happy. Bathroom could be a bit cleaner

• 20th Apr 2015