The Mousetrap Backpackers Reviews

11 Kings Road, Paihia, New Zealand

Helpful staff on arrival - gave tour of extensive kitchen and lounge facilities. Lovely log fires. Clean comfortable dorm room - fairly small but great lockable storage big enough for whole luggage. Clean bathrooms. Short 5 minute walk into centre of Paihia so ideal location. Very quiet.

Felt like I was 15 and living at home. Rules over rules, which made sense in a way and made me feel like I am not responsible for myself

This was a nice little find, cosy hostel with great facilities! Everyone was really friendly. Would definitely stay there again!

I loved my stay at the mousetrap. the staff were so kind and very helpful. I almost didn't want to book, just.bBecause of the name, which was a bit of a turn-off. But I'm so glad I stayed there. I was very comfortable, it felt like a boat house,

• 1st May 2014

Very clean and well kept with very friendly staff. It was a bit annoying that the double rooms were right next to the kitchens, most people get double rooms for privacy, also the bathrooms were a bit of a mission from the double room we had. I would definitely recommend people go here though, A better seat for the balcony view would be perfect, something with a back rest so you can sit and look at it without leaning on a plant pot of having your neck permanently turned.

• 11th Apr 2014