The Mousetrap Backpackers Reviews

11 Kings Road, Paihia, New Zealand

Felt like I was 15 and living at home. Rules over rules, which made sense in a way and made me feel like I am not responsible for myself

This was a nice little find, cosy hostel with great facilities! Everyone was really friendly. Would definitely stay there again!

I loved my stay at the mousetrap. the staff were so kind and very helpful. I almost didn't want to book, just.bBecause of the name, which was a bit of a turn-off. But I'm so glad I stayed there. I was very comfortable, it felt like a boat house,

• 1st May 2014

Very clean and well kept with very friendly staff. It was a bit annoying that the double rooms were right next to the kitchens, most people get double rooms for privacy, also the bathrooms were a bit of a mission from the double room we had. I would definitely recommend people go here though, A better seat for the balcony view would be perfect, something with a back rest so you can sit and look at it without leaning on a plant pot of having your neck permanently turned.

• 11th Apr 2014

Very friendly check-in staff, good location,cute hostel.Bad points: Not very clean! Kitchen and bathrooms would really need a proper cleaning!Maybe better to pay a real housekeeper instead of young backpackers who just left home without knowing how to clean!Also not very quiet!Decided us for this hostel coz they wrote it's not a partyhostel unfortunately we woke up 2AM in the morning because a group of girls(nordic language)yelled around,slammed doors and just didn't care about other guests!

Awesome hostel made some good mates

• 19th Mar 2014

I had to cancel my night at this hostel

Great hostel that has plenty of communal areas but puts alot of emphasis in being respectful and quiet in the evenings due to the layout of the rooms (situated off the lounge etc). Kitchens were clean and very well signed allowed for an organised common place. Jake was very hospitable and friendly.

• 13th Mar 2014

I had a great stay at The Mousetrap, the owners were very friendly, helpful and gave me some great advice about things to see, how long it would take to get from place to place and were very nice people. The hostel is well designed and has a number of kitchens so you can ways make a drink or a meal at any time. I would definitely stay there again and recommend them to friends and family as the place to book into and base themselves from when exploring the Norhtlands.

Good hostel, clean, lots of space. Staff friendly and helpful.

• 8th Mar 2014

Very Clean Very Good facilities Very friendly staff home-like feel!

• 7th Mar 2014

Best Hostelstay I ever had!!!!!