The Mousetrap Backpackers Reviews

11 Kings Road, Paihia, New Zealand

By far one of the best hostels I've ever been in. I was shown around as soon as I arrived and shown to my room which I really appreciated. The common areas are a great place to meet people. Would recommend to anyone, especially single travelers!!! Right down the road from the beach and close enough to town!

Had a wonderful stay at this hostel for two nights. Only a short walk to the main town

This place was great. Jake was so nice, friendly, and helpful. I'd definitely recommend this place.

One of the best hostels I have ever been to. Accommodating staff, clean, comfortable rooms, great leisure areas, sea views. The best hostel on the strip in Paihia

• 12th Jan 2015

This was a wonderful hostel. Jake was super helpful and friendly! I would definitely recommend it. The only downfall was if you moved hardly at all in the beds the would squeak really loudly...but I had earplugs and it easily solved that problem!!

Kitchen, room, and bathrooms are very clean. Owners ensure place is quiet after 11 pm for a good sleep . I had breakfast in the Eastern kichen, with the sun shining on me, as I enjoyed a million Dollar view of the ocean and Green hills. I booked 3 days and stayed for 5 days. Owner helped me with plannig hikes. Plus there are free bikes..

A great hostel with bags of character and lots of social areas. The staff are super friendly and the hostel is centrally located. Really enjoyed my stay here.

I really liked this hostel. It was very tidy and it really felt like a home! It was cosy and the people who stayed and worked there were really nice and helpful. The room I stayed in was a little bit small and a little old but the bed was good and there were big lockers! The bathroom was very good and awesome that there were multiple kitchens, bathrooms, living rooms and places to sit outside. Awesome place!

• 22nd Nov 2014

Great spot, friendly staff, good off-the-road spot to park my bike, comfy bead, pleasant common areas and toasty hot water in the showers. Good hostel

• 26th Oct 2014

Enjoyed my stay in this homely hostel. Good amount of socialising space and very friendly owners

The owner was really nice

Loved this place. Great atmosphere, very friendly, log fires when it's colder. Great views from the balcony. Nina and Jake who own and run the BP are lovely and really helpful with ideas for trips around the area. Free bikes to use and free internet (although limited GByte). Really nice rooms, comfortable beds and warm!

Really confortable beds, big lockers, very quiet, and also with a good lounge if you want to meet other people. They also offer free bike hire! I arrived after 9:00pm and there was a note telling me exactly wat to do, and the owner did my check in without any problems! I recommend if you want a good place to rest and enjoy Bay of Islands.

Helpful staff on arrival - gave tour of extensive kitchen and lounge facilities. Lovely log fires. Clean comfortable dorm room - fairly small but great lockable storage big enough for whole luggage. Clean bathrooms. Short 5 minute walk into centre of Paihia so ideal location. Very quiet.