The Mousetrap Backpackers Reviews

11 Kings Road, Paihia, New Zealand

Loved this place. Great atmosphere, very friendly, log fires when it's colder. Great views from the balcony. Nina and Jake who own and run the BP are lovely and really helpful with ideas for trips around the area. Free bikes to use and free internet (although limited GByte). Really nice rooms, comfortable beds and warm!

Really confortable beds, big lockers, very quiet, and also with a good lounge if you want to meet other people. They also offer free bike hire! I arrived after 9:00pm and there was a note telling me exactly wat to do, and the owner did my check in without any problems! I recommend if you want a good place to rest and enjoy Bay of Islands.

Helpful staff on arrival - gave tour of extensive kitchen and lounge facilities. Lovely log fires. Clean comfortable dorm room - fairly small but great lockable storage big enough for whole luggage. Clean bathrooms. Short 5 minute walk into centre of Paihia so ideal location. Very quiet.

Felt like I was 15 and living at home. Rules over rules, which made sense in a way and made me feel like I am not responsible for myself

This was a nice little find, cosy hostel with great facilities! Everyone was really friendly. Would definitely stay there again!

I loved my stay at the mousetrap. the staff were so kind and very helpful. I almost didn't want to book, just.bBecause of the name, which was a bit of a turn-off. But I'm so glad I stayed there. I was very comfortable, it felt like a boat house,

• 1st May 2014