The Mousetrap Backpackers Reviews

11 Kings Road, Paihia, New Zealand

I really liked this hostel. It was very tidy and it really felt like a home! It was cosy and the people who stayed and worked there were really nice and helpful. The room I stayed in was a little bit small and a little old but the bed was good and there were big lockers! The bathroom was very good and awesome that there were multiple kitchens, bathrooms, living rooms and places to sit outside. Awesome place!

• 22nd Nov 2014

Great spot, friendly staff, good off-the-road spot to park my bike, comfy bead, pleasant common areas and toasty hot water in the showers. Good hostel

• 26th Oct 2014

Enjoyed my stay in this homely hostel. Good amount of socialising space and very friendly owners

The owner was really nice

Loved this place. Great atmosphere, very friendly, log fires when it's colder. Great views from the balcony. Nina and Jake who own and run the BP are lovely and really helpful with ideas for trips around the area. Free bikes to use and free internet (although limited GByte). Really nice rooms, comfortable beds and warm!

Really confortable beds, big lockers, very quiet, and also with a good lounge if you want to meet other people. They also offer free bike hire! I arrived after 9:00pm and there was a note telling me exactly wat to do, and the owner did my check in without any problems! I recommend if you want a good place to rest and enjoy Bay of Islands.

Helpful staff on arrival - gave tour of extensive kitchen and lounge facilities. Lovely log fires. Clean comfortable dorm room - fairly small but great lockable storage big enough for whole luggage. Clean bathrooms. Short 5 minute walk into centre of Paihia so ideal location. Very quiet.

Felt like I was 15 and living at home. Rules over rules, which made sense in a way and made me feel like I am not responsible for myself