The Moustache Delhi Reviews

S-25, Greater Kailash Part 1, New Delhi, India

Amazing little place in a really nice area in dehli. Close transport connections and very very nice and friendly staff.

• 23rd Jun 2015

This place was wonderful. This was my first trip to India, and parts of it were a bit overwhelming. Delhi was the last place I stayed during my travels, and by the time I got there coming to a place like the Moustache was a relief. The staff were super friendly and helpful, the location was great, the rooms were clean, and the other guests that I met were really cool! I have been to several other hostels in other parts of the world, but The Moustache has been by far the best that I have been to

• 31st May 2015

A pleasant place to stay in hectic Delhi. Clean rooms, great common room atmosphere, helpful staff. Super.

Great hostel, provides a good breakfast and chai. It's in a good location, close to western style food, if you have a craving for food from back home. Good atmosphere, easy to meet people, and not too far from the metro station (a bit of a walk, or a short rickshaw ride). Also, Narottam is the man! He's very chill and knowledgeable about whatever you'd want to know about India.

Great hostel, well maintained and very clean. My only complaint would be that the 8 bed female dorm gets unbearably hot in the summer, and the management should look into improving the ventilation in the room.

this is a great place. They give you free breakfast, filtered water and they have a common room. Where it brings out loads of opportunities to meet amazing people. They are 5 minutes away from westernized markets and other attractions like the humayun tomb. The staff are like ninjas and rarely do you see them, unless they are cleaning or in front of the reception. They were incredibly helpful in getting my exit permit.

Very polite and helpful staff, good atmosphere make this a great place to stay in New Delhi.

• 10th May 2015

Moustache Delhi was my first stop in India. Staff and guests were friendly and helpful, and I credit its welcoming, community atmosphere as one of the reasons I loved Delhi (and India in general). It's in a nice neighborhood, close to food, shopping, and a metro station. It's clean, AC rooms are available, and they have free breakfast and afternoon chai every day. I highly recommend staying here!!

This hostel was great! Clean with good common spaces, a kitchen and even a rooftop! the staff is nice and it was a great place to meet travelers! The rooms are nice with big lockers under the bed!

We stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning of our trip and after traveling through India found this to be the best hostel of the bunch. Their computers were so helpful for booking flights/trains, wifi connection is good, area is super safe with near by shops and restaurants, they had awesome chai tea, and very helpful accommodating staff! At the end of our trip they even let us come back and hang out in the common room for the day while we waited for a flight. We definitely recommend.

• 2nd May 2015

The Hostel is really nice and so the people there, a bit far from everywhere but in a v safe area tho. Had a great time there! Thankyou! Great You can order delivery food from the hostel and there is lots of options where to buy food near by.

Great location for food, access to metro and not to busy location. Also a good starting point to meet others. Overall very impressed with my experience there!

• 14th Apr 2015

The good things: Nice common areas, regular breakfast, high speed internet, comfy beds. All seem nice. Unfortunately, I'm giving this hostel a bad review because of its staff. I arrived at night and the individual in charge almost made me go crazy. He doesn't speak good english, which is fine, not mandatory, but in an international hostel this is desirable. He basically ignored all my requests and even though I tried to make clear what I needed, I had to do all myself. Not a good experience.

Hey there! Our usual night person was on leave for 2 weeks and we had to temporarily get in help from someone not familiar with the hostel systems. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Our night guard, Raj, is now back and we believe this problem won't repeat itself. Sorry again! Save travels.

Decent hostel. Friendly staff, clean and safe. Nice roof terrace and common rooms.

I would come back. I look for 1) comfortable bed, 2) clean room and 3) good shower. Got all three (shower was iffy). Wi-fi undependable. Staff is great. Wonderful map showing local places of interests and marking way to nearest Metro. Plus a map of Metro system. Very helpful.

Had a great time at this hostel. Lots of interesting people around and the common spaces make it a great place to meet others. Location is great in a quiet and modern part of Delhi with lots of good food options nearby. Would definitely stay again.

The staff isn't that helpful or friendly. I had questions about getting around New Delhi, things to do etc... and every time i felt like I was inconveniencing them even though they weren't busy. cold vibes.

Hi there! March was a bad month for us from a staff point of view. We had unexpected departures during a busy month and several of our guests including you faced issues with the new staff. We have now successfully crossed that hurdle and are ready with a much better team. Apologies for the inconvenience you faced during your stay with us.

Can't say I was a big fan of the place. It's a nice building and in a nice neighborhood. But the atmosphere in the place is quite odd, doesn't seem like a very social hostel. Also beware of the tours, they tell you that they are "donation" based. So you think it will be cheap day out. You then have to pay 200 ruppees for tuk tuk and then at the end of the tour the guide awkwardly says what she expects as a donation. Kind of defeats the purpose of donation, also demanding a lot at 500 INR each!

The tours truly are donation-based. That means you can pay what you like. That shouldn't stop the guide from suggesting a donation. At the end of any "free" walking tour across Europe and South America, the guide suggests what people usually donate so that people unfamiliar with costs of a place know what's a decent tip. Also, just because a tour is donation-based does not mean we will pay for your transport and food. That's really unreasonable to expect and not what is ever promised!

Nice place to stay. They were kind enough to let me pay for only one night after I'd made a mistake with my booking. Dorms are nice, and good facilities. The lockers are a bit insecure and bathrooms not the cleanest, but otherwise a good place in a decent location.

Really nice area, acceptable distance to metro station, and many good places around there, many locals food too if u dare to try, i got nice frankies there. I would recommend this hostel , I'll stay here again if come to delhi in future