The Moustache Delhi Reviews

S-25, Greater Kailash Part 1, New Delhi, India

The hostel is in South Delhi, quite far from Old Delhi (30-45 min by tuk tuk), so check if you are okay with the location. It is in a VERY safe and wealthy area- there is a market 1 block away with restaurants, atm, shops, and the Metro is 15 min walking distance. Girls can walk alone at night, no problem. Lovely hostel, great/helpful staff. The only thing was they left the front door open and it was winter, so it was too cold to hang out in the common room.

I attended a conference in New Delhi and stayed at Moustache Hostel in a private room for 2 weeks. I paid the same nightly rate as my colleagues, who stayed in 3-4 star hotels. For the same nightly fee,Moustache Hostel out-classed their hotels in every way. The service was personal and as a solo female traveller, I was so grateful for the extra security, including the taxi log book. The staff helped me with tuk tuks and taxis, negotiating fees for me. The map they provided was awesome. 10/10

• 11th Jan 2015

In the busy Delhi is the right choice. Safe and nice place for meet travellers!

Far from the heart of Delhi and in a very expensive neighbourhood, this hostel is perfect for those who are new to India or looking to collect themselves after an illness or a bad travel experience, but perhaps not for experienced backpackers. It's as clean as hostels can get, with friendly quasi English speaking staff, and a nice common room where you can learn a ton from fellow travellers. Surprisingly safe as well.. leave your phone unlocked and plugged in without a worry.

Interesting review. If a safe and clean hostel with friendly staff and tons of fellow travellers is not for experienced backpackers, what is? :). Location-wise: Mehrauli, Hauz Khas, Lotus Temple, Qutab Minar and Humayun's Tomb are as much a heart of Delhi as Jama Masjid, Red Fort, and Old Delhi are; Moustache is quite close to the former and not so close to the latter. It's a trade-off we had to make in a city the size of Delhi. Safe travels onwards!

Very good hostel in Southern Delhi. Not a long distance from metro station. Staff is helpful, breakfast is also nice, common room downstairs. So, it's a really good option if you're in Delhi for a few days.

Super warm, comfortable, cozy beds. A bit too loud at night, wish the hostel staff had quieted down noisy guests. Location is outside downtown Delhi and a 15-20 min walk from subway, better to just take a tuk tuk to metro. It's actually nice though because its a quieter, safer area than the rest of the hectic, loud city. Not amazing food options nearby by enough to get by. Really nice storage bins under dorm beds. Free breakfast with boiled eggs is a win! Overall I recommend this hostel.

Hello! Thanks for appreciating the location, breakfast, and facilities. Sorry about the noise at night. We have now installed a door between the common room and the rest of the hostel to insulate the rooms more. Safe travels!

good breakfast, hot showers, nice common area and computers

My husband and I booked a private room. The Moustache Hostel was in a great location near the Kailash Colony Metro and we could easily get all over the city from there. Auto rickshaws also weren't too expensive when going to/from the train station. The staff is phenomenal, we enjoyed meeting them very much, and they put together a fantastic neighborhood map and they are very communicative. There is a lot in the area! Overall, we were very happy with our stay and would definitely recommend.

The dorm 101 is really noisy, isn't well separated with the information desk. No heating system on in December!

Hey! We have soundproofed the area between dorm 101 and the reception. However, winter months are quiet and sound travels. This makes it impossible to completely soundproof any room. Earplugs are the only way to cut off sound. No homes, guest houses, or even 3-star hotels in most of North India (Delhi, Jaipur, etc.) have room heating systems. So, to expect a hostel to provide this is unfair. To compensate, we provide unlimited blankets. Safe travels! Moustache Team

Would have been ok had it not been overpriced for India and on Christmas Day (when we stayed) they kicked us out to film a music video when we wanted to skype our families and socialize. Really disappointed. Plus the staff was rude about it. I get it's not a Christian country but that was a major disappointment. They did apologize afterwards but offered no discount or anything. Won't stay again.

Hey! Really sorry for the oversight in allowing the shooting on Christmas. It was an unacceptable mistake. The video being shot was for a social cause - an appeal to every citizen to participate in a national initiative to clean up India. That's the only reason we allowed it, but we scheduled it wrong. We will be more careful in the future. Sincere apologies once again! Safe travels!

Nice place to stay in Delhi.Helpful staff, good facilities and clean.I also found a good bunch of people to stay with. 100% hostel!

Decent enough back packer fayre. Not the easiest place to find and save for the rickshaw drivers outside the metro hardly any know where it is; so be sure to carry the address with you (probably standard across Dehli though). No bar which is a shame, and not even sure where the nearest bars are, but I'm sure they can be located. Couldn't help but feel that my bed was a bit dirty…..which may just be because it was so damn cold (wrap up warm).

Greetings! It's always a good idea to carry addresses of and directions to places you plan to visit while traveling to unknown cities (detailed directions were emailed to you shortly after you booked) We don't claim to have a bar on this website or any other. So your disappointment is due to your lack of research. There are many bars in our neighbourhood and we give a map to everyone to help them find one. You can also ask at reception for recommendations. Safe travels!

the place is very very friendly and you feel that this all is done by people with passion! + great location

The whole staff is so welcoming and friendly. When I returned to Delhi I couldn't wait to stay at Moustache again. I was so sad to leave, but I'll be back I'm sure. The best thing was the Moustache map pamphlet; so helpful for getting around! The guys also advise on everything from nearby places to get food to how much to expect to pay for a tuk tuk. I can't recommend this place highly enough!

Good WiFi, hot showers, and a fun social vibe - the holy trinity of hostel goodness - which is definitely needed in a city like delhi. Do yourself favour and stay here. In the spirit of brutal honesty I will say that the staff seem disinterested in the guests and aren't really helpful, but everyone who stays there is super awesome and friendly, so who cares?! It's also not close to the main tourist sights (tho close to a metro) and is in a nice area which is worth the trade off - trust me!

Stayed here for a full week. My bed was right next to a drafty window, so it was freezing; no room heaters. No one told me about the water heater, so I had a cold shower on day 1. Front desk is barely competent and can be trusted mostly for check-in/out. Unclean laundry machine water left a stench in clothing. Only positives are other travelers (many to meet) and the cheap price. However, cheap price attracted a few crazies: Learned too much about homeopathy. Strongly regret staying here.

Thanks for taking the time to review us! First off, sorry about your experience with the staff. We're training new staff and they're still learning the ropes. There is a sign in every bathroom for the water heater and we leave the heaters on 24hrs. Since water takes time to heat, you need to wait 10 mins after someone else has showered. The stench in the washing machine is caused by leaving clothes in there for too long and not by the water and that applies universally. Safe travels!

Nice hostel, highly recommended! Close enough to metro.

Excellent hostel. Mostly young backpackers on gap years. 1hr to airport. No hot water, only luke warm. Good cooking facilities and proximity to M-market for cooked food. Somewhat difficult to find the first time. Would stay again.

Pleasantly surprised by this hostel. It has a great vibe and friendly staff. The place has a very communal feel and I found it very easy to make friends and find people to hang out with. There's shops nearby, places to eat including the very cheap hot wraps place. On the downside, the metro station is about 15-20 minute walk, however you can easily fag down a tuk tuk who will take you. The beds are comfy and I didn't have an issue sleeping and showers are nice and are hot when heated.

Very nice, well located and cool athmosphere hostel. the rooms are very clean as well as the bathroom with hot water and fast wifi. the breakfast is also very goof.