The Moustache Delhi Reviews

S-25, Greater Kailash Part 1, New Delhi, India

Good WiFi, hot showers, and a fun social vibe - the holy trinity of hostel goodness - which is definitely needed in a city like delhi. Do yourself favour and stay here. In the spirit of brutal honesty I will say that the staff seem disinterested in the guests and aren't really helpful, but everyone who stays there is super awesome and friendly, so who cares?! It's also not close to the main tourist sights (tho close to a metro) and is in a nice area which is worth the trade off - trust me!

Stayed here for a full week. My bed was right next to a drafty window, so it was freezing; no room heaters. No one told me about the water heater, so I had a cold shower on day 1. Front desk is barely competent and can be trusted mostly for check-in/out. Unclean laundry machine water left a stench in clothing. Only positives are other travelers (many to meet) and the cheap price. However, cheap price attracted a few crazies: Learned too much about homeopathy. Strongly regret staying here.

Thanks for taking the time to review us! First off, sorry about your experience with the staff. We're training new staff and they're still learning the ropes. There is a sign in every bathroom for the water heater and we leave the heaters on 24hrs. Since water takes time to heat, you need to wait 10 mins after someone else has showered. The stench in the washing machine is caused by leaving clothes in there for too long and not by the water and that applies universally. Safe travels!

Nice hostel, highly recommended! Close enough to metro.

Excellent hostel. Mostly young backpackers on gap years. 1hr to airport. No hot water, only luke warm. Good cooking facilities and proximity to M-market for cooked food. Somewhat difficult to find the first time. Would stay again.

Pleasantly surprised by this hostel. It has a great vibe and friendly staff. The place has a very communal feel and I found it very easy to make friends and find people to hang out with. There's shops nearby, places to eat including the very cheap hot wraps place. On the downside, the metro station is about 15-20 minute walk, however you can easily fag down a tuk tuk who will take you. The beds are comfy and I didn't have an issue sleeping and showers are nice and are hot when heated.

Very nice, well located and cool athmosphere hostel. the rooms are very clean as well as the bathroom with hot water and fast wifi. the breakfast is also very goof.

The hostel is a bit far from the main attractions. A good place to relax though. The common room is great and it helps to interact with the other travelers. The breakfast is acceptable.

My time in the hostel was really nice, the beds are very confortable, the toilets clean, the breakfast is included and there is te and coffee for free all day, the environment in general very nice.

Moustache is a great hostel, especially for solo travellers. Very easy to meet people there, plus daily yoga classes in house. In a rich neighborhood in Delhi, it's a bit far from the action but good for first time visitors to India as it's relatively clean and with good food and medical facilities. Alcohol is not permitted on the premises.

This is a great place to unwind after a hectic day in Delhi. I'll be back!

Great place to stay. dorms better value than double.

Located in New Delhi, 15 mins walk from the Metro. It felt like a much safer and nicer side of town with a full range a shops and restaurants across the road too. Clean, good staff and a nice atmosphere.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. And in India, that's saying something! They are few and far between. Very communal atmosphere to make friends and meet others, but also enough personal space to chill out and take time out. Got some great tips from other travellers, especially for my day trip to Agra where I was recommended a driver "Bunty" - mail me (bmc.muller@gmail) if you want his details. The Moustache map of Delhi was also super helpful. The free Chai delicious.

Great hostel, but don't book trips through Smaak travel there unless you want to be ripped off. Much better off doing it yourself

Great little hostel overall. Met some great people. One who I'm now with and two who I'll meet next week.

Really good place to stay. These guys were so kind, I got sick the day I was arriving and emailed ahead to ask if my room could be ready a little early and they went out of their way to make sure it was. A small thing but made a huge difference.

A nice place to stop at when you get into Delhi. It was a bit expensive I thought for a hostel though. But if you are will to pay then it's okay. A bit far from town takes about 30mins to get to the main bit of Delhi. But Green Park is close and that's an awesome place. Also the shops around are expensive.

Hey, thanks for taking the time to review The Moustache. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. Delhi is one of the most expensive cities in the country; so, we feel that less than USD10 for a dorm bed is not expensive when you consider the neighbourhood we're in. There are all kinds of shops in our neighbourhood - the branded ones are expensive and the street side stalls are as cheap as they come in Delhi :). Safe travels!

Staff are very helpful arranging travel plans. Free breakfast is great.

pretty nice hostel, nice breakfast and good location for a city like Delhi.

Moustache hostel is a great place to stay in Delhi. The hostel is clean, friendly and helpfull staff, in a nice area of the city. i recommend staying here.