The Moustache Delhi Reviews

S-25, Greater Kailash Part 1, New Delhi, India

The Hostel is really nice and so the people there, a bit far from everywhere but in a v safe area tho. Had a great time there! Thankyou! Great You can order delivery food from the hostel and there is lots of options where to buy food near by.

Great location for food, access to metro and not to busy location. Also a good starting point to meet others. Overall very impressed with my experience there!

• 14th Apr 2015

Absolutely Horrible staff. Thuggish and scary behavior almost makes you fear bumping into them. The air conditioner in our room never worked and they never bothered to even fix it. A lovely property ruined by the staff.

The good things: Nice common areas, regular breakfast, high speed internet, comfy beds. All seem nice. Unfortunately, I'm giving this hostel a bad review because of its staff. I arrived at night and the individual in charge almost made me go crazy. He doesn't speak good english, which is fine, not mandatory, but in an international hostel this is desirable. He basically ignored all my requests and even though I tried to make clear what I needed, I had to do all myself. Not a good experience.

Hey there! Our usual night person was on leave for 2 weeks and we had to temporarily get in help from someone not familiar with the hostel systems. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Our night guard, Raj, is now back and we believe this problem won't repeat itself. Sorry again! Save travels.

Decent hostel. Friendly staff, clean and safe. Nice roof terrace and common rooms.

I would come back. I look for 1) comfortable bed, 2) clean room and 3) good shower. Got all three (shower was iffy). Wi-fi undependable. Staff is great. Wonderful map showing local places of interests and marking way to nearest Metro. Plus a map of Metro system. Very helpful.

Had a great time at this hostel. Lots of interesting people around and the common spaces make it a great place to meet others. Location is great in a quiet and modern part of Delhi with lots of good food options nearby. Would definitely stay again.

The staff isn't that helpful or friendly. I had questions about getting around New Delhi, things to do etc... and every time i felt like I was inconveniencing them even though they weren't busy. cold vibes.

Hi there! March was a bad month for us from a staff point of view. We had unexpected departures during a busy month and several of our guests including you faced issues with the new staff. We have now successfully crossed that hurdle and are ready with a much better team. Apologies for the inconvenience you faced during your stay with us.

Can't say I was a big fan of the place. It's a nice building and in a nice neighborhood. But the atmosphere in the place is quite odd, doesn't seem like a very social hostel. Also beware of the tours, they tell you that they are "donation" based. So you think it will be cheap day out. You then have to pay 200 ruppees for tuk tuk and then at the end of the tour the guide awkwardly says what she expects as a donation. Kind of defeats the purpose of donation, also demanding a lot at 500 INR each!

The tours truly are donation-based. That means you can pay what you like. That shouldn't stop the guide from suggesting a donation. At the end of any "free" walking tour across Europe and South America, the guide suggests what people usually donate so that people unfamiliar with costs of a place know what's a decent tip. Also, just because a tour is donation-based does not mean we will pay for your transport and food. That's really unreasonable to expect and not what is ever promised!

Nice place to stay. They were kind enough to let me pay for only one night after I'd made a mistake with my booking. Dorms are nice, and good facilities. The lockers are a bit insecure and bathrooms not the cleanest, but otherwise a good place in a decent location.

Really nice area, acceptable distance to metro station, and many good places around there, many locals food too if u dare to try, i got nice frankies there. I would recommend this hostel , I'll stay here again if come to delhi in future

A nice little, friendly gateaway from the chaos of delhi. Perfect for lone travellers. Met some really cool people to share stories with. Highly reccomend

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Malta

This place is amazing. It was my first stop on a 3 1/2 month trip to india. As a first stop it is incredibly helpful, and useful in terms of imparting practical useful knowledge in navigating india. As a hostel the atmosphere is friendly, clean and fun. I could go on but I think you all get the point. This place is a great place to start so go there! Great market right across the street in great neighborhood of Delhi.

Never stayed in a hostel in India before and being Indian myself, I was surprised that it was a good effort, Rooms and bathrooms were clean, but being an Indian staying at the hostel seemed to surprise the staff. Who in my view needs to be trained more especially the night staff. In others hostel, the lock for lockers is provided, but here the locks were not provided. and though locker concept was good as wheeled bunk below the bed but it made a lot of noise which can be problem in late night.

Hey! We are glad you enjoyed Moustache. Sorry about your experience with the staff; some of them are new and we're working on training them. That said, it had nothing to do with your nationality. Indians are one of the 10 largest nationalities to stay with us. Locks are never provided in hostels and most hostels around the world ask you to carry or buy your own lock. This is for the safety of your stuff (we don't want to keep spare keys for lockers for e.g.). We do sell padlocks, however.

Upon arriving I wasn't greeted. After dealing with an error in my bill I was shown to my room. The bunk bed in the mixed dorm is fine. Comfortable. Includes pillow & blanket & sheet. You need a lock for the large locker. The bathroom was filthy as are most India hostel bathrooms. I was not shown the rest of the hostel or given a tour. I found the kitchen. It was fine, has all the amenities. The common room was fine. But overall the hostel has a cold atmosphere. Internet ok. Staff is not helpful!

Hey! We are really sorry about your experience with the staff. You stayed with us during the busiest period in our 15 month history. On top of that, we were short of 2 staff members due to unexpected departures from the team. All this contributed to the staff being rushed and over-stretched. We are working hard on fixing this. Safe travels!

Moustache is the best hostel I've been to in my 6 weeks in India. It's like being in a European hostel. The atmosphere is great, with lots of backpackers to hang out with. There is good wifi, it's clean, and there is even hot water in the showers, which is a huge plus. The staff is really friendly and helpful. If you are just arriving in India this would be a nice way to ease into the trip, or in my case it was a really nice break from the intensity of India.

1 2 Next » last »