The Moustache Delhi Reviews

S-25, Greater Kailash Part 1, New Delhi, India

The staff was wonderful. The instructions they provide before your trip are very helpful. I arrived at 3am and Raj was so nice and explained everything. The staff is very helpful in pricing rickshaws and set up up with great tours that locals use so they are inexpensive. The environment is super chill and attracts cool people. Very easy to meet and talk to people.

The chai at breakfast was great and so was the common area. It was easy to meet other travelers, and there's lots of seats and places to hang out. The staff wasn't helpful for really anything. The dorm room was standard, plugs by the bed are always nice, and the under bed storage felt a little janky but fit a ton which is nice.

Hey! We're glad you liked the setup of the hostel and the chai :). Sorry about your experience with the staff; we have had to deal with unexpected departures in our team and are in the midst of training new people. Hopefully it'll all be fixed real soon. Safe travels!

I enjoyed meeting a lot of interesting travelers at the Moustache Delhi. Overall, the hostel was above average in most categories. The biggest highlight was the helpful, youthful and energetic staff. I also greatly appreciated loading up for a busy day of traveling with a large complimentary breakfast. I actually liked staying in a quieter area of town. I appreciated having the ability to sleep well at night after pushing myself through long travel-days outside.

Really nice hostel with a good vibe. Nice breakfast and common areas. However the travel desk is a rip-off! We paid quite a bit for a trip and ended up having way more hassles (i.e. train tickets booked for the wrong day, dodgy hotel, guide and driver who refused to take us to some of the sights and went to the tourist rip-off places instead) than we've had traveling by our selves.

As for the staff: one person was definatelly more helpful than the other - though it is funny to have fun on the job, when you are in India for the first time you appreciate soembody who can actually help you. I would definately recommend this hostel: clean, safe, great atmosphere, location: you can always wlak to the underground station or take the "auto".

Hey! Thanks for your review. We're glad you enjoyed the hostel and would recommend it to others. We apologise for your experience with one of our staff members. We've had to deal with unexpected departures of some of our team members and are in the midst of building a new team. It'll all be fixed soon, we hope :) Safe travels!

The hostel is cozy. It's very nice atmosphere to stay, although it's quite crowded hostel. The bed is the most comfortable bed I've been slept on, so far, for the hostel.

The beds in the private room were extremely soft, they desperately needed fitted sheets rather than a flat sheet that came untucked the second you lay on it. The blanket inside the cover was ill fitting and as a result did not stay in properly and one person ends up with nothing. one day they brought people to sleep in our room when we were still there. The common room was like a therapy room for the attention indian staff member who didn't want to marry, such an attention seeker!

Hey! We're sorry to hear about your experience. There is no one mattress that works for everyone. So, we use industry standard mattresses found in most starred hotels. We apologise for the confusion with the occupancy of your room. It was a mistake that was corrected immediately (the wrong room number was mentioned on the check-in list). We'll look into the sheets and blanket covers to ensure better fitting linen. Safe travels!

Great place, nice living room. One complaint is that the taxi driver that the hostel booked for me and another traveler to the train station charged us 350 each when we definitely agreed to 350 total. Didnt argue because I didnt want to be late for my train to Agra.

Hey! We are really sorry about your experience with the taxi service! We were trying a new service out and it seems like the driver messed up. We'd be happy to refund your money if you stop by in Delhi next. Cheers The Moustache Team

I have traveling in India for then a month and it was the best place that I stayed in during my trip in India.

I loved my stay at Moustache! I stayed there twice, at the beginning and end of my trip and both were great experiences. The staff is amazing, there's a good breakfast and it is in a good area of the city. But - the tourist "office" next to reception was a very bad experience. He lied about what he was selling us and when we confronted him about it later he just said - "Well, I get a 100 rupee commission, what do you expect?" Don't use his services!

I had a great stay at Moustache. It's in a safe part of town with a nice market right next door. The travel desk helped us organise trips to Agra and Japur very easily for reasonable prices. Felt very at home here and would definitely stay again. It's a quiet and cosy retreat from the hectic streets of Delhi. Breakfast is good and the staff are very helpful and friendly. Keep up the good work Moustache!

• 21st Jan 2015

The hostel is in South Delhi, quite far from Old Delhi (30-45 min by tuk tuk), so check if you are okay with the location. It is in a VERY safe and wealthy area- there is a market 1 block away with restaurants, atm, shops, and the Metro is 15 min walking distance. Girls can walk alone at night, no problem. Lovely hostel, great/helpful staff. The only thing was they left the front door open and it was winter, so it was too cold to hang out in the common room.

I attended a conference in New Delhi and stayed at Moustache Hostel in a private room for 2 weeks. I paid the same nightly rate as my colleagues, who stayed in 3-4 star hotels. For the same nightly fee,Moustache Hostel out-classed their hotels in every way. The service was personal and as a solo female traveller, I was so grateful for the extra security, including the taxi log book. The staff helped me with tuk tuks and taxis, negotiating fees for me. The map they provided was awesome. 10/10

• 11th Jan 2015

In the busy Delhi is the right choice. Safe and nice place for meet travellers!

Far from the heart of Delhi and in a very expensive neighbourhood, this hostel is perfect for those who are new to India or looking to collect themselves after an illness or a bad travel experience, but perhaps not for experienced backpackers. It's as clean as hostels can get, with friendly quasi English speaking staff, and a nice common room where you can learn a ton from fellow travellers. Surprisingly safe as well.. leave your phone unlocked and plugged in without a worry.

Interesting review. If a safe and clean hostel with friendly staff and tons of fellow travellers is not for experienced backpackers, what is? :). Location-wise: Mehrauli, Hauz Khas, Lotus Temple, Qutab Minar and Humayun's Tomb are as much a heart of Delhi as Jama Masjid, Red Fort, and Old Delhi are; Moustache is quite close to the former and not so close to the latter. It's a trade-off we had to make in a city the size of Delhi. Safe travels onwards!

Very good hostel in Southern Delhi. Not a long distance from metro station. Staff is helpful, breakfast is also nice, common room downstairs. So, it's a really good option if you're in Delhi for a few days.

Super warm, comfortable, cozy beds. A bit too loud at night, wish the hostel staff had quieted down noisy guests. Location is outside downtown Delhi and a 15-20 min walk from subway, better to just take a tuk tuk to metro. It's actually nice though because its a quieter, safer area than the rest of the hectic, loud city. Not amazing food options nearby by enough to get by. Really nice storage bins under dorm beds. Free breakfast with boiled eggs is a win! Overall I recommend this hostel.

Hello! Thanks for appreciating the location, breakfast, and facilities. Sorry about the noise at night. We have now installed a door between the common room and the rest of the hostel to insulate the rooms more. Safe travels!

Moustache is a fantastic place

good breakfast, hot showers, nice common area and computers

My husband and I booked a private room. The Moustache Hostel was in a great location near the Kailash Colony Metro and we could easily get all over the city from there. Auto rickshaws also weren't too expensive when going to/from the train station. The staff is phenomenal, we enjoyed meeting them very much, and they put together a fantastic neighborhood map and they are very communicative. There is a lot in the area! Overall, we were very happy with our stay and would definitely recommend.