The Moustache Delhi Reviews

S-25, Greater Kailash Part 1, New Delhi, India

This was my fourth time in Delhi, and the first time I enjoyed it. One year ago there was no decent accomodation for backpackers, now Moustache Hostel is filling the gap in a great way. This is THE place to stay in Delhi, really fantastic to meet fellow backpackers. The hostel is clean, staff is great, breakfast is good, WiFi is surprisingly reliable and location is perfect. Look no further (cheers to Anwi for making the stay much more enjoyable for everyone!!)

A good hostel to sleep and chill, but during the day you have to go out and see the city.

We, 2 german females aged 26, were very delighted! The double bed rooms were definetely worth their money, since they were almost equipped like hotel rooms (including tea and cups). We got helpful tipps from the staff and they are perfectly organised concerning taxi pickups to certain locations even in the middle of the night. The social areas are very neatly decorated and the feeling of multiculture was very pleasant. Absolutely worth the stay!

This is a little gem of a hostel and an oasis in the madness of Delhi. Security is excellent, the other staff are good although sometimes they seem uninspired when you ask loads of questions. Really homely and relaxing, I felt at ease instantly. Great facilities including solid, large bunks, underbed lockers and ensuites. Free breakfast is great as is free tea all day. Cleaning happens religiously every morning. I also highly recommend Smaak Travel for onward travel, excellent service.

My first time in India, it is a good place to start travelling. This hostel is in a good area of Delhi, near the market and shopping area. You can go everywhere around Delhi by using skytrain (walking from hostel to skytrain station about 5 mins) or ask staff for calling taxi. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Nice living room, clean bed-sheet and bathroom. Lots of travelers, if you finding someone to join your journey. Then, start from here!

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Thailand

If you stay in new delhi, i would definitely recommend staying here! staff are very friendly, helped us with lots. we arrived at 6am and storing luggage all day was not a problem. A lot of young backpackers here, so it is a great place to meet new travel companions, swap stories and just.hang out

It's a shame this hostel is in Delhi. I hated the city but this hostel was pretty cool. Loved that they had two Mac computers for the guests. Good beds and the fans kept us comfortable all night.

Such a nice hostel!! Great staff and in the common area it's easy to get to know other travellers. Provided maps and everything and were always very helpful.

This hostel is in a good location. A 10 min walk to the Metro and it's near a market and lots of food/shops. The place is clean and comfortable. The beds are comfortable too. The addition of unlimited free tea/coffee made this Englishman really happy :) The map that they give you is excellent!!! Thanks Moustache!

Loved this Hostel, one of the best in India. Had a kitchen, comfortable beds, great chill out area and location is near lots of restaurants, shops and a couple of great bars were we spend some time smoking shisha and drinking local beers with fellow backpackers. This hostel was recommend to us by other backpackers and I recommend it to you. Great for a long period of stay, very comfortable that we didn't want to leave. Highly recommended for Dehli! www.theworldunderourfeet.com

The breakfast room/ library and the terrace are great places to meet people. The location in Kalaish Colony is great also. As a female traveller I was first a bit concerned about walking around on my own but the neighborhood is very safe and with a short rikshadrive to the metro it is very easy to get to the main sights in Delhi. The hostel is also excellent in giving approximations of how much you should pay.I very much enjoyed my stay at Moustache Hostel and would definitely stay there again.

Super facilities. Free breakfast, wifi everywhere, plugs, light and locker in room. 10 minute walk from metro. They give u a very useful information sheet. The big negative for me was the staff. It was the same member working there every time (small young looking guy). Always felt like i was putting him out asking a question. Anytime i asked for any advice he just told me to look at the sheet! I was only there for two days so i wanted some local info! He was so unhelpful and rude!!!

Hey, thanks for your glowing review of the facilities and location of the hostel! We apologise for the experience you had with our staff. We believe this was a one-off experience caused by miscommunication and not due to an intent or failure to provide good service. We'll chat with the staff about your experience and make sure it doesn't happen again. Safe travels!

Really great place to stay, especially for solo travelers. It was nice to come back after a day of exploring and find plenty of people with whom to socialize. I tended to wake up early because it was hard to sleep with everyone shuffling around after 7:30 am, but it was hardly an issue since there's a lot to do in Delhi.

Great hostel. More activities would be nice.

The Hostel rates with the better of the hostels that I have been to in the world. The staff is great, very helpful, and very knowledgable when looking for the better sights in Delhi. I would stay here again with no question.

Has a travel desk which is very helpful regarding planning the remainder of your India travels. Staff are happy to answer any questions you have and can help out with sight seeing throughout delhi.

A great hostel. Met a lot of backpackers here. Great vibes and very clean. I stayed here for a night to get a break from thr busy side of delhi .

• 22nd Sep 2014

Great place to meet like minded travellers and relax from the Delhi madness

BEST PLACE TO STAY IN DELHI!

• 19th Sep 2014

Amazing hostel! Staffed with lovely, helpful people and in a quiet, safe neighbourhood of Delhi away from the chaos (but walking distance from the metro so the city is easily accessible). Hostel itself is very well kept, has a great communal kitchen, and a great backpacker atmosphere. You'll meet lots of fellow travellers here and are sure to have a good time!