The Museum Guest House 2 Reviews

Karoly Korut 10, 1st floor, 1052 Budapest, Budapest, Hungary

The hostel has fantastic central location, great for exploring the city. Surrounded by many nice cafe's, and just next to a metro station. Staff is really great, specially the manager. Good atmosphere, had nice talks with other guests. This is really cheap budget hostel, and I feel it gives great value for the money.

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Finland

i dont know why this hostel has such a good rating. at least the location was awesome. but everything is super dirty. shower doesn't drain and is full of hair and the toilet is the same. Beds look old. there are lockers but they dont have the keys for it. you get a key with a code to open the front door but it doesnt work so we were stuck outside for a while in the night. only if the location matters to you, this is a great spot. other than that i would really not recommend it..

• 31st Jul 2015

I've been traveling a lot in the past 6 months and this is one of my favorite hostels so far. The relation between price and quality is over the average. The beds were confortable, Big kitchen, a great place to hang out and get to know other guests. The owner and guys working at the counter were kind and helpful. They keep the place as clean as possible. I mean is not easy to keep clean a place were 20people are comming and going all the time, everyday, and they did!No security problems at all!

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Colombia

Zero security since our twin private room doesn't have look, the apartment as very dirty, the hostel manager was very nice and helpful Mosa, the location was good but noisy a littlebit

First thing to say is this hostel is cheap and I think you get far more for your money than you pay for things you need to know is there are no secure lockers working atm but staff were happy to keep stuff at reception if valuable.Also you won't get an awesome shower but hot water all the time and a fairly decent kitchen if you need to cook! Everything else is fine good social area, friendly staff and probably the best location in budapest for all around experience.wifi is better than most

• 28th Jul 2015

This place is an absolute dive. Yes it's only ten euros but the bathrooms are disgusting the rooms are gross and I saw a roach in the kitchen. Not to mention they didn't give us security lockers because they were "fixings the locks." Staff is nice but not very knowledgeable so therefore not very helpful. I would never ever stay here again.

The owner is a really friendly guy, very welcoming and trying to make your stay as nice as possible. You'll meet tons of great people there! It is really cheap, but still very central. Although there are still some issues, it is great for backpackers.

• All Male Group, 18-24

high security and cosy place with clean bathrooms and WC. i talked to the manager Mousa about the place and he was right. few people come and pay just 9 or 10 EUR and they expect high services . if they need high services then they should go to 5 star hotels. he was right . Its not fair paying just 8EUR and write such a bad review . the place is really amusing and the manager Mousa is helping you to make your trip 100/ satisfactory. iits a dorm and if you have too much expectation please go 5 s

• Belgium

beds are comfortable and the security is great. they clean it every day . i really love the place .close to metro and exactly at the center which is bar and shops are 24 hours open.

• Austria

Interior of hostel is cozy and charming. The staff weren't particularly warm, but did what they were supposed to do. The kitchen and bathrooms aren't the best - also, I was staying on a top bunk, and as I climbed up the wooden cross-slats supporting my mattress fell out and onto the sleeping person below.. So facilities could be updated & improved. Otherwise, great place.

Please ensure you over estimate your arrival time. my bus was delayed 3hrs and I had no wifi to contact the hostel so arrived late and they had given my room away. it was 1am. granted they did take us to another hostel but were quite rude and not very helpful. It seemed like we were more a hassle than him actually genuinely wanting to help us. a few others had the same issue at the same time as us as well. Location apparently is quite good however it was extremely hot and messy when we arrived

The hostel owner was really really friendly! Great guy, but he couldn't run a hostel.. It was very dirty and poorly run. The hostel was overbooked every night and lots of people were moved to other apartments far from the hostel.. Also one of the bunks collapsed when someone was on it.

I'm all about a simple hostel room and Im never one to leave a bad review, I am so disappointed with this hostel and I feel so sorry for all the other people who stayed with you while we were there who had experienced a just as bad stay, complete waste of money. I would have fathered a mattress on the floor with clean sheets over this place any day.

My wife and I were very disappointed with our experience at this hostel. It was dirty, things falling apart everywhere, beds collapsing, toilets unlock able, toilets with no lights x2, no toilet roll holders, no soap for washing hands. In he evenings there were multiple guests hanging around the hostel uncertain, as he hostel was overbooked. All in all a very unpleasant experience, worst hostel we have stayed in Europe so far since we left home 3 months ago.

Spent 3 days here and the owner is jokes

Hostel guy was really nice, but told us the hostel was overbooked. Well, happens, we though. He brought is to a different place and said we can get back to the museum for the next night. Which is not happened. We were brought to a third place. And this happened to three other groups. Might gave been on purpose. It was all good. Facilities and security was good in all places, the moving and waiting was just annoying.

• 20th Jul 2015

It has the potential to be an awesome hostel and the owner seems comitted to improving the place. It's not bad value for money as the atmosphere was one of the best from the hostels we've visited, staff and people were friendly and the communal area is good! One area that needs attention is the kitchen as the cooker was barely functioning and the taps were rotten. Also we weren't given a key on check in then questioned as to how we didn't have a key!

Very clean and the location is great. Mousa the owner is great. He is too kind and helpful.i will come here next time if i come to Budapest.

• 19th Jul 2015

I stayed 2 nights and love this place. Clean and the owner Mousa is great

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Ukraine

Great location and the owner is extremely kind I recommend to all

• 18th Jul 2015