The Museum Guest House 2 Reviews

Karoly Korut 10, 1st floor, 1052 Budapest, Budapest, Hungary

Location and WI-FI are excellent. But otherwise I wouldn't recommend this hostel to others. The toilets and kitchen are filthy, and the staff don't seem to mind letting their guests wait at reception. Everything else is pretty standard, but it's really awful in terms of cleanliness.

The shower doesn't work properly, beds are unconfortable but good location

Would never stay here again. Went in 4 person apartment. Kitchen was flooded, walls and ceilings were peeling, the bed stank of old sweat. The air conditioning was broken so we left the balcony door open all night, still very hot and the traffic noise was too loud to sleep. Worst hostel we have stayed in over our 3 week travelling holiday, and we stayed in some messy places.

It was unfortunate that you could not stay at our hostel and enjoy our hospitality. In fact, we got a leaking problem from the neighbor upstairs us that affected a part of the ceiling in the bathroom and a wall. It happened 2 weeks ago, we need to wait 2-3 weeks more till the walls get dried up, before we can paint it. We informed you the choice to get back your 10% deposit or stay at the apartment with this condition. You were well aware of it and accepted to stay there, so why to complain now?

The hostels location was great, but our room was extremely small. The shared bathroom was by the kitchen and was very open. Met some great people but the facilities weren't great.

Average place, would be ok if you are only staying 1 or 2 nights. Probably wouldn't stay there again.

Hi, We have stayed at 8 mixed dorm (we are group of 4 guys) with 4 girls and sorry for say that but they were rubbish. One of them was smoking weed in the room in front of us, they woke us up at 5 am screaming etc, but this is not the hostels fault. Well, there was a mess in the shower and i found kinda big cocrouch in our room. Anyway we had free wifi, clean sheets and staff tried to be helpfull. In the summary, I would not come back here, even if is it cheap

You should have informed the reception about there incident in the room

We stayed in the second part of the hostel, which was great, well-kept and clean with good facilities. Security was good, rooms were comfortable and spacious. The owner was friendly and helpful. Very close to a metro station, and a 15- 20 minute walk from all the main sights. Highly recommended.

I had a great stay in Budapest at the Museum Guest House. It has a nice atmosphere for meeting other travellers and decent size rooms. The young receptionist who was working at the time whilst I was there, Balázs, provided us with great information about Budapest and helped us out with everything we needed. He was professional but still managed to get to know the guests, even cooking me Hungarian food... twice! Great location. Great atmosphere. Highly recommended to solo and group travellers!

• 23rd Jul 2013

Decent hostel in a decent location. Best part was the atmosphere and a good communal area with a balcony. The staff were also very helpful.

• 20th Jul 2013
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Good location, really close to all the main site on the Pest side of the river. The owner seemed nice, but we weren't there for long so didn't really get to talk much. The communal areas were really nice and made you feel at home, and the dorms were pretty big. It's not the best hostel I've been in, but for what I was paying I was pretty happy.

It isn't a bad hostel. Just first impression was a somewhat scary. Looked like an abandoned building, but once inside the hostel's floor, you will feel better. Location was great, close to the river and walking distance to many monuments and Astoria metro. However, our room faced the main street, so a little noisy.

• 12th Jul 2013

the host was super helpful. the reception is only open during summer, but the hostel is NOT closed. we stayed in one of the en suite rooms away from the hostel. so not that social, but it was on Vatci Utca, the main shopping street, and near the river. at the end of the street just before the big market was a great breakfast restaurant, Cafe Anna. for partying- go a little north, cheap shopping - the big mall at Vatci UT.

It was great :) Strongly recommend!!!

• 6th May 2013
  • Armenia

We had a problem on arrival. They told us that the hostel doesn't exist, it use to work just on summer. We had to find another hostel but after that they gave us a room in another building in a very good place, and then all was fine. I recommend you that before arrive send an email to confirm a date an hour of arrival.

The hostel works during summer just for DORMITORIES, but we have flats within walking distance in downtown area also, where we provide rooms with all facilities and small number of beds. You can not complain of the room we offered you once you contacted us by email. You arrived a different hour and that is why the confusion.

THe staff never came to meet me on Sunday a(day of my departure) and I was not refunded the 10 euro key deposit. I felt cheated. The meeting was agreed upon during check in.

• 7th Sep 2012

You'd better bring an extra matras because here it is like sleeping on a plank.

• 20th Aug 2012

I loved the location very close to Astoria metro station and just 1 station away from the river. The hostel was as clean as you can expect from a place where people come and go on a daily basis. Facility wise the big kitchen is most definitely a plus. The shower was ok, just a bit hard to get the doors closed. No light in the toilet is a small minus but with the hallway lights on you saw just enough. My room was a 4 person in the back where it was nice and cool enough to sleep without airco.

• 20th Aug 2012
  • Belgium

The staff could be a little bit more helpfully. The guy was a little hacked off. Else it was good and clean.

• 19th Aug 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here! Good staff, great location, interesting people....

• 14th Aug 2012

Thank you for this beautiful flat and the so nice staff

• 10th Aug 2012