The Museum Guest House 2 Reviews

Karoly Korut 10, 1st floor, 1052 Budapest, Budapest, Hungary

high security and cosy place with clean bathrooms and WC. i talked to the manager Mousa about the place and he was right. few people come and pay just 9 or 10 EUR and they expect high services . if they need high services then they should go to 5 star hotels. he was right . Its not fair paying just 8EUR and write such a bad review . the place is really amusing and the manager Mousa is helping you to make your trip 100/ satisfactory. iits a dorm and if you have too much expectation please go 5 s

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Belgium

beds are comfortable and the security is great. they clean it every day . i really love the place .close to metro and exactly at the center which is bar and shops are 24 hours open.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Austria

I'm all about a simple hostel room and Im never one to leave a bad review, I am so disappointed with this hostel and I feel so sorry for all the other people who stayed with you while we were there who had experienced a just as bad stay, complete waste of money. I would have fathered a mattress on the floor with clean sheets over this place any day.

My wife and I were very disappointed with our experience at this hostel. It was dirty, things falling apart everywhere, beds collapsing, toilets unlock able, toilets with no lights x2, no toilet roll holders, no soap for washing hands. In he evenings there were multiple guests hanging around the hostel uncertain, as he hostel was overbooked. All in all a very unpleasant experience, worst hostel we have stayed in Europe so far since we left home 3 months ago.

Spent 3 days here and the owner is jokes

Hostel guy was really nice, but told us the hostel was overbooked. Well, happens, we though. He brought is to a different place and said we can get back to the museum for the next night. Which is not happened. We were brought to a third place. And this happened to three other groups. Might gave been on purpose. It was all good. Facilities and security was good in all places, the moving and waiting was just annoying.

• 20th Jul 2015

It has the potential to be an awesome hostel and the owner seems comitted to improving the place. It's not bad value for money as the atmosphere was one of the best from the hostels we've visited, staff and people were friendly and the communal area is good! One area that needs attention is the kitchen as the cooker was barely functioning and the taps were rotten. Also we weren't given a key on check in then questioned as to how we didn't have a key!

Very clean and the location is great. Mousa the owner is great. He is too kind and helpful.i will come here next time if i come to Budapest.

• 19th Jul 2015

I stayed 2 nights and love this place. Clean and the owner Mousa is great

• Ukraine

Great location and the owner is extremely kind I recommend to all

• 18th Jul 2015

I enjoyed my stay. The location is very good. I cannot say enough about the courtesy and helpfulness of the staff. I'm coming back for sure. Highly recommended.

• 18th Jul 2015

I stayed at this hostel for 3 nights. The location is very good! All the nice places were very close by. The hostel was clean and the staff was very friendly. The hostel makes you feel like home. I think this is the best hostel to stay in when visiting Budapest, because it is very cheap and the location is beautiful.

We stayed in a private room in Muzeum Guest House 2. The room was nice and clean but the communal spaces were not. The bin had not been taken out and the bathroom was a bit too shabby. The street was very noisy, which may bother some. However, with a few easy fixes this place would be pretty cool!

It wasn't as bad as reviews made out BUT the management here have no idea what they're doing or who's coming or going and it is a mess

Smells funny, there is dust everywhere, organisation is poor, bathrooms are like in jail. I will never go there again...

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Serbia

Overall very disappointing. When we arrived the beds still had the sheets and pillows fron the previous room users messed up and dirty and were so too lying everywhere in the room. Was hardly any room, odd smell, and none of the powerpoints worked. Was quite dirty. Location was best thing about it. Ideal location.

• 15th Aug 2014

Det här var ett väldigt konstigt hostel. När vi kom blev vi placerade i ett twinroom (hade bokat ett 8 pers). När vi kom tillbaka till hostelet fick vi veta att vi skulle va tvugna att flytta till en annan lokal, vi fick tjuvåka spårvagn en station för att komma dit. Väl på plats fanns ingen som kunde ge oss nycklar. Dessutom så var inte säkerheten bra, ytterdörren var alltid olåst och inga värdeskåp fanns. När vi skulle checka ut fanns sen ingen personal där att ge nyckeln till

I arrived in Budapest with my girlfriend and had a tough time finding an inexpensive room for the both of us. We found this hostel and went to go find it. We met the owner and he went out of his way to make sure we were happy. It wasn't a five star hotel but they treated is like we were five star guests. :-)

• 12th Aug 2014

Unfortunately it was a big disappoitment. The place was a mess and nothing to do with the pictures provided at the site.

• 11th Aug 2014

This was one of the poorest hostels we stayed in. The staff was friendly enough but did not seem to know what they were doing at all. We had to take of bedsheets from the former tenants ourselves and then make our own beds, which were taken by others after we arrived 2 hours later again. Then we were instructed to just 'put away the stuff' from yet other people's beds and take those. The facilities (kitchen/bathrooms) were not clean and not complete: all in all it was chaos and unpleasant.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7