The Naughty Squirrel Backpackers Hostel

Superb 4361 Total Reviews
Superb 4361 Total Reviews

14th Aug 2017

Everything was great, really. It's what you would hope and expect in a centrally-located hostel. I especially appreciate the staff and how welcoming, helpful, and badass they are. :)

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
12th Aug 2017

Pub crawl was nice, and the hostel is in the old town, everything is in the walking distance, just a bit annoying to drag suitcase on the stone road when you arrive and leave. Staff helped me with printing and scanning document, thanks a lot!

9th Aug 2017

It was a very good choice to stay there during my time in Riga

• Czech Republic, Male, 25-30
9th Aug 2017

I liked my stay. The hostel is a little expensive for Riga, but the facilites are great, comparable with the most of hostels in Northern & Western Europe. Even the upper bunks in my dorm had a curtain, so you did not need an eye mask. It's a big hostel where you can easily meet other backpackers but also enjoy silent stay, which I did. The only downside was that is in the very center and it can get pretty loud at night due to the people on the street.

• aussielaura
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
7th Aug 2017

This is a great hostel! Very social if you want, but you can't hear the noise from the bar/common room from the rooms so great for a night's sleep as well. The beds have curtains and lights/power outlets, towels provided, basic kitchen, free tea and coffee, lovely staff, good location. I really can't fault this hostel- I booked very last minute so my room was a more expensive one than I would usually choose, but overall I was very happy here and would definitely stay again.

7th Aug 2017

Only stayed for a night but nice place, good location, and the nicest hostel bed I've ever stayed in.

• asetters73564
  • USA, Male, 18-24
4th Aug 2017

Being a squirrel is a way of life

4th Aug 2017

The location is supperb, bang in the centre of Rīga. (Within 5min walking distance of bus and train station, the sights in the old town, loads of bars and restaurants, etc.) The atmosphere was really good. It seemed the staff members enjoy being there so much that they willingly come to the hostel to hang out in their free time. Definitely will check availability in this hostel first when I next find myself in Rīga.

• England, Male, 25-30
2nd Aug 2017

Hands down the best hostel in Riga. The staff are the best around, super friendly and ready to help you with anything and know how to party at the same time. Definitely check out all the tours that they have on offer. This was my second visit to Riga and The Naughty Squirrel. If I'm ever in Riga again this is where I'll be for sure.

2nd Aug 2017

I loved everything about Naughty Squirrel! The night that I went out with everyone was a blast and staying in was fun, too. The rooms were very clean, the bathrooms and showers as well. The hostel was set up very well and close to everything in old town. This is the the place to be in Riga and I was very happy with my experience!