The Naughty Squirrel Backpackers Hostel Reviews

50 Kaleju Iela, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

A hostel for party. If u want to sleep well, don't come. For party and get drunk, yes.

Hey Buddy! Yes we are a social hostel with a great mix of party and chill. This is what our guests love the most, a chance to party but also the quiet rooms for sleeping and chillout areas. You did choose to stay in a Mixed Dorm, maybe next time try a Private Room for that extra peace and quiet. Safe Travels. Cheers.

It was a great stay for us! The only thing was: there is not really a place to just brush your teeth.We did this in the toilet. Only the shower with toilet was really good for this. Not a big point though!

• 17th Aug 2015

The staff make this place what it is, very friendly and helpful. Location is great, we unfortunately had some road works going on whilst we were there but not the hostels fault.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! Clean, secure, great features (eg light, charger and curtain for each bunk) and great common areas to meet people before heading out. Really close to the train and bus stations too, and there was always someone cleaning the shower/toilet. I have stayed at a lot of hostels and I couldn't fault this one, great job guys!

Simply an amazing hostel with wonderful staff; will definitely recommend and return

Great hostel but mainly for younger people, meaning 18-25. We're both 30 and although we like to think of ourselves as still being quite "hip" we did notice that this hostel was primarily geared toward very young people coming to Riga to have all-nighters. The common areas were really loud and not somewhere to relax but rather a "holding area" before heading to the bars. There's nothing wrong with that, if that's what you're looking for, but a more mature crowd might want to look elsewhere.

Hey guys... We dont think it has anything to do with age, if you scroll down just one review, 31-40 age group that states 'One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at'. Your only as young as you feel. Try to keep living the dream. Cheers!!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at.

Cheers Guys!! Stay awesome and enjoy the rest of your travels!!

Defenetly one of the best hostels I've ever been

Thanks guys... cheers!

Great location. We liked almost everything about the hostel, friendliness of staff, bright colors of room, cleanliness and common areas. The only downer was all of the smokers congregated just outside the entrance on a very narrow sidewalk and construction going on on the street. The smokers were not very aware of people trying to come and go, especially pulling luggage.

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Hey Guys! These smokers are from the building next door. Since it actually has nothing to do with our hostel we think its funny to comment on this, we cant control the world outside our doors. Cheers!

Awesome Staff, you guys made my stay phenomenal !!!

• 10th Aug 2015
  • Mexico

The staffs are really friendly and helpfull. The Location is also great. Not far from the central bus station and it is in old-town. If you are alone or in a Group with People who wants party, then it is definitely the right hostel. There are always people in bar area. But there is no noisy in the bed rooms. Also, the activities, which are offered by the hostel are great.

Great atmosphere, welcoming & helpful staff, perfect location, immaculately clean, great kitchen & common areas. One con: I did my laundry there & specifically asked for it not to be put in the dryer, as I had delicates / clothes that could shrink. I asked to write a note to be left on the bag, but the staff assured me they would remember & told me I didn't need to leave a note. When I went to collect my laundry to hang dry, it was almost dry in the dryer...shrunk / ruined some of my clothes. ):

Great staff on arrival; welcome shot was a good gesture and clean comfy rooms. Excellent location. Would not hesitate to come back.

It s a real nice hostel in Riga s city centre. The kitchen is percfect as the place to have some meals and rest. The rooms were very well cleaned all the time and there are lockers to use. I spent a really good time there and recommend it

This place is amazing! They have created a friendly homey space in the heart of the old town where you can feel free to chill out or party hard, depending on your mood. Rooms are comfy and quiet and staff are super friendly. The bar area is always busy and super sociable- I loved this as a solo traveler. Can't recommend this place enough (and for the girls, it seems that 80% of the guests are men....just saying!)

A really good hostel. Good spots for chilling and comfy beds with curtains making sleeping dorm style much easier. Kind of a party vibe but not so much that you can't chill if you want to. Met nice people and there was decent kitchen for cooking. Would recommend it, super easy going.

One of the best hostels Ive stayed at, I give a 100% :)

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Tons of fun, but if you want some quiet time, that's available too. The happy hour deals are great and make it easy to meet other travellers.

The hostel is really fun. Lots of planned activities. I recommend the Latvian food night. Hostel happy hour is really cheap and you will end up raging all night long.

Great place to be, helpful and loving staff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7