The Naughty Squirrel Backpackers Hostel Reviews

50 Kaleju Iela, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

I loved the atmosphere. I was able to meet so many amazing people and was also able to just chill and hang out. I am excited to come back!

• 6th Feb 2016

Really great staff and the location is amazing!

Best hostel I have stayed at! Best staff and great atmosphere

• 28th Jan 2016
  • All Male Group, 18-24

By far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Staff were so friendly and the location and facilities were excellent! Would recommend this to anyone ever considering visiting Riga!

Great hostel, awesome & very helpful staff. Lone traveler and made friends straight away, would definitely stay here again.

This is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed in! Everyone is super friendly, open and welcoming who stays and works in the hostel. Special shout out to Elvita for being the best barmaid/receptionist/friend ever! We will definitely be returning here at some point in the near future!

• 23rd Jan 2016

Hi, i'm Rookie not Queen, mum's email. Absolutely brilliant. First day I arrived on my own the staff were wonderful introducing me to other travellers. My friend arrived the next day, so that afternoon we arranged to do the bobsled ride, everyone should do this, what an experience! Pub crawls and shooting a must. Amazing three nights, thank you.

• 21st Jan 2016

The NSB hostel is the best hostel that we have stayed at by a long way. The staff were so friendly and professional in everything they did from the moment we arrived to the day we left. There are plenty of trips to keep you entertained, from Latvian food tasting to dog sledging, with even time to just chill out. Nothing was too much for any of the staff, they go out of their way to ensure you have a great and safe time. Riga's a fabulous place and NSB hostel is a fabulous hostel. Both thumbs up.

Every once in a while you come across an absolute gem of a hostel; it feels like home the minute you walk though the door, your bed is more comfortable than the one at home, and the staff feel like family. This is one of those hostels. I want to give a special shout out to Anita - who bent over backwards to accommodate my large group flying in from several countries for a wild birthday weekend. She is the dream hostel staffer! HOSTEL WORLD - BEST STAFF

Very good hostel, love that the bar was open 24/7 👌 Riga stays open very late every night of the week and if you want to keep going it's easily done here.

As usual, perfect, the only things missing are an elevator, and maybe a terrace for smoking on!

Just a great hostel. There are always activities, super clean, easy to sleep and great people!

This is quite easily the best hostel in riga

• 11th Jan 2016

Really warm (even when it hit -26 degrees outside), friendly, super clean and just a relaxing place to hang out.

The best hostel I've ever been to, especially the staff is unbelievably friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend staying there.

• 4th Jan 2016

Definitely one of the best hostels I have ever been to! Nice, clean and well-equipped rooms (light, sockets, curtain and towel for every bed), amazing staff and common activities (we went to an ice hockey match). I can clearly recommend.

This was the first time I encountered such a warm welcoming hostel, and they even welcome us with a shot of black balsam! (it's really delicious!) The staff gave us very detailed tips and suggestions of restaurants, POI, where to go and where is the "no-go" place. Atmosphere was very lively, and location was great. However, the double bed was a no-go for me, I hit my head and leg several times during my stay. One of the tiles of one of the shared bathroom broken which have to be careful on that.

Perfect place to stay in Riga!!

One of the better hostels with a convenient location, friendly staff and value for money. It was excellent that the beds at the 8-bed dorm had curtains. Although it was a cold season, indoors it didn't get cold at all. The street is noisy though, and the music from the bars can be clearly heard at the room all night so bring earplugs. Clean rooms and toilets. Wifi kept disconnecting quite too much but worked at the room too.

Staff were so friendly and helpful, they're really added to the good atmosphere of the hostel. Special shoutout to Leva, Annika and Dana, miss you girls and your craziness. Hostel rooms and beds were also really good, new and well maintained

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7