The Naughty Squirrel Backpackers Hostel Reviews

50 Kaleju Iela, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

The staff was really nice and helpful! I especially enjoye the welcome shot! It was right in the middle of everything which was really convenient. The only not so positive thing was that thw bathroom smelled a little earthy or humid but otherwise it was fine!

This hostel is awesome. My friend and I had what you could only call an emergency situation here in Riga, and the hostel staff were amazing and so supportive and helpful. Aside from our specific situation, the place is great, beds are really comfortable (surprisingly comfortable for a hostel), the staff is really helpful and friendly, and the location is really good. I recommend this place 100%.

Great hostel. Good location, clean, good showers and really helpful/ friendly staff. Ticks all the boxes. Would recommend for sure. Paldies dāmas

The Naughty Squirrel is very close to what I expect a perfect hostel to be like! Perfectly located, well equipped and clean with a wonderful atmosphere and an outstanding staff team (girls, you are the BEST!) and top prices it topped all my expections! But unfortunately, although there is a really good security system with several card-locked doors and cameras in the corridors, in the last night, my whole baggage was stolen out of my room. But all in all, it was a great stay though

This hostel was excellent. The staff were very welcoming. This is a very active hostel, so if you want to be away from the noise and music then ask to be located on one of the other floors (I was on the 3rd floor and heard none of the noise). There are large safety cages in each room for valuables and bags and each bed is very comfortable. They supply towels Free of Charge.

staff are friendly and helpful. good location, everything in walking distance. Room is nice and bed is comfortable! worth this price!

Great hostel, 100% recommended, great staff!

The naughty squirrel is a legend place to stay! Everyone one of the 9 people in our only had praise for the hostel and it's staff!

• 28th Mar 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Excellent location and wifi was great. Staff were very cheerful and friendly.

Friendly, fun staff. Free foosball table!!! The rooms are separated from the common area so you can chat, party, drink beer, meet people and still have a good rest. In case you're wondering how naughty this squirrel is, I would say: not very. If that's a good or a bad thing it's up to you.

Excellent hostel: Friendly staff, great atmosphere, central and very clean. I would gladly stay here again. I also took part in the Bobsleigh activity they offer and it was worth going there. One detail though: some showers run out of hot water after 5 minutes!

The Naughty Squirrel was fantastic. Perfect location, super friendly staff who gives great recs and leads a fun pub crawl, fun atmosphere, easy to meet people, and the rooms were great. Clean, two outlets attached to each bed, felt like a bedroom more than a dorm which was nice, lockers under the bed. I would definitely recommend it and will stay there again when I come back. Thanks guys!!

Definitely the hostel to visit if you're looking for a party! The staff was knowledgeable and helpful about information and sights, but also encouraged the party atmosphere. The rooms were quiet but wifi didn't work in my room. The common room wifi was fine, but again, there will be people partying there. If you're looking for a quiet night to catch up on emails it may be a little uncomfortable going to the common room, but if you want a party this is where you should go!

Hi there, Thank you so much for the great review and we are so happy you enjoyed your stay here. Also, wanted to let you know that starting from tomorrow we are adding an extra router on each floor and the wi-fi signal will now be 3x stronger and always working :) Sorry for the inconvenience, but happy to say, we have fixed it. Come back and visit us again :) -Laura

Great hostel!

• 14th Mar 2014

Awesome hostel. Free shot upon arrival. Lots of arranged fun. Top hostel. Highly recommend!

NSB is hands down one of the best hostel experiences in Europe! The awesome staff and guests makes it easy to meet other backpackers and have a fantastic time. Hostel arranges shooting tours, bobsledding (freaking ridiculous), and parties every night! Do yourself a favor and do it all! That being said, its no problem with noise if you want to sleep (but why would you?) and the facility is very comfortable and clean. Big thanks to NSB and the staff there for an unforgettable weekend in Riga!

• 6th Mar 2014

I think this is the BEST hostel if you want to have fun and enjoy Riga. Position is perfect, the hostel staff is very friendly (they will give you a free welcome shot when you check in) and available for anything, rooms are big and cozy, beds are big, bathrooms are clean and there is also a nice common room with free foosball. I really recommend it

• 6th Mar 2014

It was a fabulous hostel. We only stayed for a night, but the staff was friendly, rooms were homey and clean. And location was great as well!

• 3rd Mar 2014

The staff were welcoming, friendly and spoke excellent English. The rooms were spacious and comfy and the bathrooms clean. Most impressed with all the excursions, events and pub crawls the hostel arranges. Had an absolutely fantastic stay.

• 1st Mar 2014

Probably the best hostel we've stayed in! The staff helped with everything and were super friendly. Everything was clean and worked well and we met tons of new people! We really cannot say anything bad about the place!

• 20th Feb 2014