The Naughty Squirrel Backpackers Hostel Reviews

50 Kaleju Iela, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

We stayed in a private double room with ensuite and it was perfect. The staff were awesome and so friendly, that we felt like we'd been staying at the hostel for weeks about 10 minutes after we arrived. There are 3 communal areas for people to socialise in, including a bar/kitchen area. Activities that can be booked are clearly marked on expertly decorated , huge whiteboards in the reception (main hang out) area and the staff are very knowledgable about each activity on offer.

One of the best hostels I´ve ever stayed! Extremely fun and helpful staff, great atmosphere and unbelievable location right in the heart of Old Town Rīga. I will definitely return! Greetings to the Naughty Squirrel team and to the awesome people of Latvia!

• 13th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Convenient location, awesome people, nice & cozy rooms, totally worth!

• 11th Nov 2014
  • India

Very friendly wlecome, city map given and explained, addresses for bars and restaurant. Very vey nice, I recommend it!

• 10th Nov 2014

It is a nice Hostel with a big kitchen and in the lobby there is something like a pub. The only thing which was not that good, it was very cold in my room. I have a cold now :(

Hey! All our rooms have adjustable heating... If your room was too cold, you simply needed to turn your heating up. Its much better to communicate with our staff, we are here to help you 24hrs a day! Safe Travels.

I'm not sure I can fit all of what I want to say into this short comments section but here goes. This place is awesome!!! From the time you arrive to the time you leave you are made to feel right at home. The girls who run the place truly are amazing. They show you all the places to go and are always game for a laugh. I read some horror stories about Riga but it is safe to say they were all nonsense. I can't wait to make my next visit to the Naughty Squirrel!! Ash from Leeds. Xx

Staff were incredible! Excellent atmosphere

Definitely one of the best hostel I've ever stayed, if not the best. Since the first minute you be, there the awesome staff treat you as a friend and help you with anything, organize really cool, well organized and guided activities everyday. Atmosphere couldn't be better, I met really nice people in short time thank to them. Beds are really comfortable, plenty of bathrooms and in a perfect location, all advantages! They deserve all the awards they have, what are you witing for? book there now!

Great hostel, wifi works everywhere. Bathrooms clean, sometimes a funny smell but clean overall. Rooms were a good size and nice common room although a bit broken up sometimes hard to meet people

Seriously, this was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. Great place, great location and the staff is super awesome. I can only recommend it to everybody to book a night there. We stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm which was quite spacious and had nice beds.

Really cool place, loads to do, good atmosphere, with welcome shots! Always good. Good location, relatively close to the best sights and sounds in Riga. Loads of activities on offer and the staff were as helpful as anywhere I have ever stayed in Europe. Highly recommend.

Possibly one of the best hostel I'd been to. Big lockers available, plenty of clean individual bathrooms and toilets. Staff is friendly and informative. There are almost daily activities. I wish I'd been able to stay longer.

Great place to stay. Right in a centre of old town, close to shops and atm's, great staff,the atmosphere was really good and organised bobsleding trip for 11 of us. Highly recommend.

Unreal place! Had such an amazing time! Loads of bathrooms and showers, cooking fascilities available, fully stocked bar with super cheap drinks (especially happy hour). There were loads of activities organised if you want them and the staff were all amazingly helpful! The front desk was manned 24 hours so even at 6am you can get help (or a beer). Thanks for the awesome stay! Naughty squirrel and Riga were the best! I'll be back! Mr Cheshire

• 24th Oct 2014

Everything was perfect! Great location, friendly people and nice rooms:)

• 24th Oct 2014

Amazing hostel. Very cozy and warm. The rooms were huge for 4 people dorm and very cutely decorated. Felt more like a home or winter cabin inside of the room. Location couldn't get better, just 3 mins from the bus station and right in the center of the old town. The staff is great. They gave us welcome shot and facilitated discussion in the common room. Overall, great experience!

In over 10yrs of staying in hostels around the world I can honestly say this is one of the best. From walking through the door I've never felt more welcome. Very knowledgeable, friendly and accommodating staff (and owners). Clean, safe and a great location. Would highly recommend.

• 22nd Oct 2014

Love the hostel.well placed in the city..friendly staff..

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Sri Lanka

My stay at the naughty squirrel was awesome! Great staff, awesome atmosphere and the pub crawl was really good value.

I had an amazing time at the hostel... modern and confortable facilities, perfect location, and the staff provided an excellent service. Great choice for Riga!

• 17th Oct 2014