The Naughty Squirrel Backpackers Hostel Reviews

50 Kaleju Iela, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

Everything was just great during our stay in the Naughty Squirrel (you should pick this hostel just because of its name! :)). From the moment we arrived we felt welcome, not only thanks to the shot of Black Balsem but also because of the atmosphere in the common area. The staff is really friendly and always in for giving you tips or advice. It's quite a small hostel, but that only adds up to the coziness and happiness! :) The showers and toilets were clean and the beds were comfortable!

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Perfect places for backpackers. Great staff!

Probably the best hostel I've ever been to.

It was a very nice experience staying at the Squirrel.. I often go to hostels and for me it was the best that I've ever been.. The location is perfect and the staff and atmosphere were also amazing.. I totally recomend!

very nice hostel, with good beds

Very nice hostel.Staff very helpful and friendly.Excellent location,close to all major sights.I would definetely recommend it to anyone who wished to stay in Riga.

Bar attached to the reception, really clean, individual bathrooms and awesome staff. They help you out with what to do in town and also the places probably best not to go. And damn I loved Wok & Go! Had a great time, cheers girls :D

Awesome Hostel. Staff were constantly cleaning which was really reassuring. They ran a fun pub crawl and the price was reasonable too, especially over Easter long weekend. They also posted my watch back to me that I left- THANKS SO MUCH- Appreciate it!! Will definitely reccomend this hostel to anyone visiting Lativa

Awesome staff

• 4th Apr 2015

No doubt, if we ever come back to Riga, we'll come back to The Naughty Squirrel! Had a great time!

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Belgium
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The naughty squirrel is just amazing! I stayed with two friends in a four bed dorm and it was clean and as comfy as a hostel bed can be ;) But the sanitary facilities were very clean (some girls cleaned them sometimes three times a day and even sometimes at nights, depending on how many people were around). The staff was very kind and helpful, they know Riga very well and can tell what to explore! Also, they always a way to entertain you with beer pong tornaments or pub crawls or beer tasting!

• 2nd Apr 2015

Nice welcome shot, very friendly staff, awesome atmosphere. Room is lovely

Only the best memories about this hostel! No surprise it is consistently ranked among the best worldwide. The staff is absolutely amazing and is doing a great job keeping the social environment always alive, with different events everyday.

Amazing hostel, it's impossible not to meet others it's so social. The staff are great also and will help you with whatever problem you have

Great stay! 100% recommend. Hostel had a great atmosphere, easy to meet people in common area, super friendly staff. Dorm and showers were spacious and clean. Just in the middle of Old Town. Thanks guys ;)

this is an exceptional city centre hostel... spotlessly clean, well run by friendly staff,, perfect location, truly the only thing missing is an elevator great facilities, common room, kitchen...

This is a really great place. I have only stayed a couple days (I usually stay in each hostel many days, even several weeks while I work and travel)- but so far it has been great. Staff are friendly, the place is clean, internet is fast and does not break down.

Wonderful place to stay. Staff are approachable, knowledgable and friendly. Atmosphere is relaxed which makes socialising really easy to do. Will be back........

Loved the place! Superfriendly staff!

Everything fine! Recomend it totaly