The Naughty Squirrel Backpackers Hostel Reviews

50 Kaleju Iela, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

The street of the Hostel is a little bit dark. The Hostel is very clean, cozy and comfortable.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in in years! Thanks for an awesome time, girls!

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. The best hostel I've stayed at.

• 16th Dec 2014

Good Location, close the the old town and bus station. Staff were really friendly and helping out with local suggestions for food. Would definitely stay here again.

One of the best hostels worldwide with very high standards. Good location, big common room/kitchen/bar. Spacious dorms and comfy beds. Fast and reliable wifi. It is party-oriented though so you might hear a little noise from the street.

awesome place. Clean, secure, good location and great atmosphere. By and far, the best looking staff I have ever come across, who are equally as welcoming and friendly :)

Great hostel. Amazing staff. 100% must book. I will book again!

In freezing cold December, Riga might not be some peoples first choice of destination. But the cosy, friendly atmosphere at the Naughty Squirrel certainly makes up for the climate outside. No extra charge for bedding, towels etc and you are made to feel extremely welcome throughout your stay by the lovely team. I met all staff and their are no weak links. Manageress is lovely and I trust she will spoil her awesome team with a great staff night out to celebrate xmas! Thank you all! 10/10 x

This hostel has an excellent location, right in Old Town, but only a 5 minute walk from the bus/train station. Good size common areas with a 24hr bar at reception. Kitchen is quite small, but still usable. Big lockers under the beds made it easy to keep your belongings safe. Bathrooms were always clean. The hostel offers lots of activities from bobsledding to shooting. And the girls on reception were lovely. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Highly recommended. Great location and common areas.

I had an awsome time in this hostel, one of the best I have visited so far ! Really well organized, friendly staff that takes the time to answer all your questions, fun activites like the pub crawl, even the shower were nice which is quite extraordinary ! Thank you so much, I had a lovely stay.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Brilliant place to stay, always clean, staff are very fun and friendly. Would recommend to anyone looking for a stay in Riga.

• 21st Nov 2014

Amazing hostel!!

• 21st Nov 2014

I loved my stay here and was so happy that I recommended it to a traveller I met in Vilnius. The staff (particularly Anita) were so warm and friendly and made you feel at home. ALA Folkklub was the beat recommendation ever! Loved the shot of Black Balsam on arrival. My 4-bed dorm was colourful and clean. Riga is a lovely place and I can't wait to go back in the summer!

We stayed in a private double room with ensuite and it was perfect. The staff were awesome and so friendly, that we felt like we'd been staying at the hostel for weeks about 10 minutes after we arrived. There are 3 communal areas for people to socialise in, including a bar/kitchen area. Activities that can be booked are clearly marked on expertly decorated , huge whiteboards in the reception (main hang out) area and the staff are very knowledgable about each activity on offer.

Super nice staff, had a problem outside then hostel and helped a lot! Thank you!!! Plenty of activities and easy to arrange. Would come back for sure!

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Spain

One of the best hostels I´ve ever stayed! Extremely fun and helpful staff, great atmosphere and unbelievable location right in the heart of Old Town Rīga. I will definitely return! Greetings to the Naughty Squirrel team and to the awesome people of Latvia!

• 13th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great place to stay. Very central location. Pay attention to security. Good staff on the reception - mostly helpful. Social events. To improve - plug sockets in room. Would definitely recommend. Love you guys. Offer Magarita a Pina Colada.

Convenient location, awesome people, nice & cozy rooms, totally worth!

• 11th Nov 2014
  • India

Very friendly wlecome, city map given and explained, addresses for bars and restaurant. Very vey nice, I recommend it!

• 10th Nov 2014