The Naughty Squirrel Backpackers Hostel Reviews

50 Kaleju Iela, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

Great hostel. Staff is awesome and always chatting you up. Pub crawl was pretty sweet had a good group of travelers. Rooms were big and new bunks were solid. Would recommend to anyone going to Riga.

An excellent hostel run by three cute girls (at least while I was there) who were extremely helpful. Best hostel i've ever stayed in.

The decor and location were very good, as were the staff. However, it was slightly noisy as I was on the ground floor, and I thought that the washroom could have been cleaner. Floor was rather wet.

Would absolutely recommend The Naughty Squirrel to anyone. Had such an awesome time in Riga, mostly thanks to the staff and atmosphere at The Naughty Squirrel. Great quality facilities and amazing staff! Hope to be back soon.

• 16th Apr 2015

Stayed here for 2nights. Felt very welcome by the staff. Had an extensive tour of hostel, shot of black balsam, and showed a map of the city with all the local attraction. The Latvian food night was great. Centrally located right in the old town, just over road from bus and train station. Highly recommended. I'd stay here again.

Everything was just great during our stay in the Naughty Squirrel (you should pick this hostel just because of its name! :)). From the moment we arrived we felt welcome, not only thanks to the shot of Black Balsem but also because of the atmosphere in the common area. The staff is really friendly and always in for giving you tips or advice. It's quite a small hostel, but that only adds up to the coziness and happiness! :) The showers and toilets were clean and the beds were comfortable!

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Perfect places for backpackers. Great staff!

Probably the best hostel I've ever been to.

It was a very nice experience staying at the Squirrel.. I often go to hostels and for me it was the best that I've ever been.. The location is perfect and the staff and atmosphere were also amazing.. I totally recomend!

My friend and I shared a twin private which was spacious, super cozy and clean. The staff was super friendly from check in through to all our questions. We loved your welcome shot! :) The location is great to explore and close to everything you want to see. The central bus station is really close which was awesome as we came from Tallinn with a bus and took a bus to the airport. Would stay with you again on my next Riga trip!

very nice hostel, with good beds

Very nice hostel.Staff very helpful and friendly.Excellent location,close to all major sights.I would definetely recommend it to anyone who wished to stay in Riga.

Bar attached to the reception, really clean, individual bathrooms and awesome staff. They help you out with what to do in town and also the places probably best not to go. And damn I loved Wok & Go! Had a great time, cheers girls :D

Awesome Hostel. Staff were constantly cleaning which was really reassuring. They ran a fun pub crawl and the price was reasonable too, especially over Easter long weekend. They also posted my watch back to me that I left- THANKS SO MUCH- Appreciate it!! Will definitely reccomend this hostel to anyone visiting Lativa

Awesome staff

• 4th Apr 2015

No doubt, if we ever come back to Riga, we'll come back to The Naughty Squirrel! Had a great time!

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Belgium
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The naughty squirrel is just amazing! I stayed with two friends in a four bed dorm and it was clean and as comfy as a hostel bed can be ;) But the sanitary facilities were very clean (some girls cleaned them sometimes three times a day and even sometimes at nights, depending on how many people were around). The staff was very kind and helpful, they know Riga very well and can tell what to explore! Also, they always a way to entertain you with beer pong tornaments or pub crawls or beer tasting!

• 2nd Apr 2015

Nice welcome shot, very friendly staff, awesome atmosphere. Room is lovely

Only the best memories about this hostel! No surprise it is consistently ranked among the best worldwide. The staff is absolutely amazing and is doing a great job keeping the social environment always alive, with different events everyday.

Amazing hostel, it's impossible not to meet others it's so social. The staff are great also and will help you with whatever problem you have