The Naughty Squirrel Backpackers Hostel Reviews

50 Kaleju Iela, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

We thought it was a great time! My sister and I stayed here and loved our room, it was super comfortable, quiet, and clean. Everyone we met was really friendly, both on the walking tour of Riga and on our hostel pub crawl. The staff are incredible local girls who always know where to go - they know the best restaurants, bars, sights, and have tons of activities planned for every day of the week.

• 18th Dec 2015

Can't fault the hostel. On arrival we were greeted by a friendly young lady who checked us in. We were early and are beds weren't ready but there is a store area. Lovely lounge area, we generally felt like we were at home, and was as of our friends had come together for drinks in the evening. There is a small kitchen and nice size dining area where you can cook. We made dinner on several occasions. The hostel has a good selection of activities too.

• 18th Dec 2015

Friendly, professional, and catering staff. I would recommend naughty squirrel to fellow backpackers.

• 16th Dec 2015

The hostel was excellent. The dorm was fine and the facilities good, while the staff was very friendly and organised something fun every day. All of this together as well as it being cheap, makes it among the best hostels I have ever stayed at.

• 15th Dec 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I stayed for two nights. I visited a lot of hostels during the last years but the NSBH is the best that I ever been. The hostel is in the city centre, 5 mionutes walking from bus station. Staff was really nice. I was travelling by myself but during my staying i met a lot of people in the common room and we merge in a big groups going out togheter with some members of the staff. Room was clean and so the bathroom and showers.

the staff is very good .

Great staff, even tough the hostel was somewhat empty Anita made sure it wasn't getting boring. Cheers!

• 14th Dec 2015

Im very pleased with the cleanliness of the hostal. professional and accessible staff that is always ready to help :)

Hands down the best hostel I've stayed in. Thanks a lot.

• 11th Dec 2015
  • Wales

Great place, very friendly crew/staff ( allthough one of them said Game of thrones is better than LOTR which is not the truth ;) ), the location was the best it could be and the organized pubcrawl was awesome!! Thanks so much!! Luka & Hasse

• 11th Dec 2015
  • Belgium

Initially being our second choice (the other hostel was fully booked), we can say that the Naughty Squirrel largely exceeded our expectations. The location can impossibly be any better than it is, the staff was very friendly and created a great atmosphere both inside the hostel as outside during the activities they organise. Recommend this hostel to anyone who plans to stay in Riga, whether it is as a couple or a group of friends.

• 9th Dec 2015
  • Belgium

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Great staff and vibe - they make sure you have a good time and organise stacks of activities for the day and night.

Stayed in room 37 which was very noisy. Heard everything from the hallway especially doors banging and people in the corridors on the phone at all hours. The walls were paper thin also and coukd hear everything from the room next door

• 7th Dec 2015

Amazing. Three blokes all in their prime (Steve 34, Neil 40 and Kev 48) came to Riga to celebrate Christmas. What a 48 hrs. The thing that made it was the Naughty Squirrel. We met some fantastic people including the staff. The girls on reception were all friendly, funny and made us very welcome. The girl who kicked Steve's ass at table football has to get a special mention. The main man however was Ricky. Events organiser and decent Aussie bloke. Thank you all.

• 7th Dec 2015

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Staff were helpful and polite.

Had an awesome stay. Thanks to all the girls for making us welcome. Eric's Pub's Crawl on Sunday night was especially memorable ;)

I had lots of fun (too much fun) staying here! I loved that the dorm beds have curtains and plugs in each bunk.

Loved this place! All the staff were great, they really get you involved in all the fun and ensure everyone is included. The kitchen, reception and common room are all beside each other so it creates a nice atmosphere where everyone can talk. Great location, good local advice, organise trips for you, swipe access everywhere so very secure, we stayed in a private ensuite room and had no issues with cleanliness or facilities. Thanks guys ☺

Very easy to meet new people here. The rooms are clean, each bunk bed has a curtain and lights so youre not so easily disturbed, atmosphere is also really great! They offer a lot of activities for good prices. The staff are definitely stand out here. They really love their job and make sure the guests enjoy their stay. I will be staying here again!

I booked a single room and it was very spacious and good value for money . Fun hostel , easy to meet other travellers . Would highly recommend . I wish I could have spent more time in Riga .