The Naughty Squirrel Backpackers Hostel Reviews

50 Kaleju Iela, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

Great place, had some really late nights out, even though it wasn't really the best time of week for going out. Staff is really friendly (and hot). It's nice having the little bar at reception which is always open with some good beers on tap. Also free fooseball is a big plus for me. The beds are really good, big and comfortable with curtains. Didn't see a whole lot of the city but had a great time at the hostel. I've heard there are other good places in Riga, but stay here.

Good location. Easy to find from the airport. Helpful staff. The karaoke was a little loud downstairs, but beds were great.

This is a party-ers party hostel. A shot as you walk in, it's well-located in the old town. I was very close to giving this place 100% when I first walked in--the beds looked so comfortable on frames that don't shake or creak at all. In addition there's a curtain for a wonderful night's sleep. Unfortunately, I'm allergic to really strong detergent and that's what they used (only happened one other time in 40+ hostels). In addition, wifi was terrible in rooms. Great ppl, competitive foosball.

Fun, clean hostel with lots of charm

• 10th Jul 2015

Really good hostel, great location in the old town and close to everything you want to see. The staff were really helpful with recommendations of what to see and do. The hostel was really clean and had a great common area with a bar. The only downsides were that the wifi would drop out every five minutes, and there's a karaoke bar downstairs so it can be a bit noisy if you're a light sleeper. But other than that it was a great hostel and I would stay there next time I'm in Riga

Awesome location, super fun and welcoming staff, good people there

Great Staff and Location. Decent pub crawl and common room allows for good group conversations. We could've done with some Air con as it was boiling in our room but as the Baltic's aren't usually hot i understand them not having any fans etc. In the end we just left the window open and sacrificed our bodies at the hands of Pterodactyl sized mozzies. But other than that the three nights we spent there were class!

The guy who was in the reception when we arrived at night (I think it is Airgans) was super nice and friendly!

Central location, clean place, nice staff. Many activities, thanks!

Positives: Great location, good price, and helpful staff. Downside: Tiny bathrooms, small common area, and under bed cage rather than a locker. Overall a good hostel for Eastern Europe.

Loved that the beds have courting and there a plenty of bathrooms

Awesome Hotel overall.. One thing is bath room are small.. But comparing with all other facilities. It was the best

Probably the best hostel ever. Great atmosphere, clean rooms, very friendly staff. I would recommend it to everyone.

Great hostel! Great staff!

We only had a brief stay, but very welcoming

• 19th Jun 2015

This hostel had a great atmosphere. Really easy to meet people in the common area! Needs more plug sockets around the room! One of the best hostels I've stayed in!

it was a little surprising to arrive and find out that the single private room on the reception floor had been given away to someone else, but in the end they put me in an empty 4 bed dorm which meant I had a single room for €14 euro instead of €30... The one thing missing from this hostel is a free breakfast of coffee, toast, cereal and fruit, apart from that it is a truly exceptional hostel one of the best in Europe.

Awesome drinking culture without getting too rowdy, and very friendly staff. Perfect location in the old town!

Good location and facilities, comfy beds. Great hostel!

Not the awesome staff or superb atmosphere I was expecting at all. Still, nice location and very good bed quality.