The Naughty Squirrel Backpackers Hostel Reviews

50 Kaleju Iela, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

The hostel was everything I had hoped for from reading the reviews before deciding to book: friendly and happy staff, and very welcoming! The only thing missing from the hostel room is a plug socket for the top bunks, but that's all. Really glad I went to stay there when I was presented with so many other options that also had great reviews!

Very Friendly Staff and everything clean and as expected. Good atmosphere. Enjoyed the stay and would come back again

• 1st Jun 2015

Warm, friendly, helpful and welcoming staff. Always had time to talk or suggest places to go. Really nice rooms with solid bunks and had a real homely feel. Great location in the centre of Riga.

This is actually the best hostel i have stayed in ever and I have traveled the world, the staff are amazing, very friendly and fun, i would highly recomend this hostel to any one staying in Riga

Good hostel, clean and a very nice staff. We had an amazing time and did some great things. The hostel organize some cool trips the staff recommends what to do or not.

• 30th May 2015
  • Renshoog

We had a great stay at the naughty squirrel hostel. The hostel was very clean, staff was really nice and could answer any question that occurred. Location is in the old town, close to the airport bus stop, bars and restaurants and a supermarket right around the corner. I would stay there again!

The staff seems genuinely interested in ensuring you have a good time. Clean bathrooms and friendly atmosphere. Truly one the nicest hostels I've stayed in.

• 28th May 2015
  • Colombia

Great location, great staff, great fun.

One of the greatest hostels I've stayed at. Wish I'd stayed for longer!

Great atmosphere, fun place really social, great staff would stay again!!

• 27th May 2015
  • Nik1987

First hostel I've given 100% to, awesome in every aspect

Had a great stay, everyone was really lovely and helpful! Very clean comfortable hostel :)

This is a great hostel. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean. There are several toilet/ shower facilities and the staff are very helpful. There is a mini bar/ shop area where you can pick things up and there are two communal areas where you can relax and play foosball. Great place

Would recommend to anyone! Staff were so so excellent! I cannot recommend highly enough. Dinner and breaky are free and restraunt quality. If you like a social hostel - this is for you. The pub crawls are very fun!

Great location and facilities. We stayed in a private room with attached toilet which was nice. The location was perfect for walking all around and the employees were friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. The only issue is that the walls are very thin and our room was right next to the communal sinks. The guys on our floor were extremely rude and loud in the communal toilet area between 3am and 6am both nights. the staff did handle it well and came up to try and quiet the group of guys.

service and hospitality were great - the beds are super comfy! only thing that i was rather annoyed with was the hot water supply - the hot water ran out in the middle of my shower and left me freezing! That could definitely use improvement.

Location was great!! Beds were proper adult bunk beds. Would be better if breakfast was provided. This is an above average hostel.

Excellent hostel! It's all about the atmosphere friendly staff, great facilities and there is always something going on. This is really what a hostel should be like I felt very welcome and this will always be my first choice when staying in Riga.

Very good location, close to bus terminal. Staff we're friendly from our arrival to when we left and provided us with their local knowledge. Our room was very clean and it seemed like the cleaners were cleaning the bathrooms constantly. Highly recommended coming from someone who doesn't stay in hostels too often.

• 17th May 2015

What can I say. One of the best hostels I've been to. The effort the staff put in to make your stay perfect is awesome with the activities they run. This hostel seems to attract exactly the sort of people from all over the globe that you'd want to meet. The bar crawl the staff organise is a great way to see more places and mingle with people from the hostel (and other hostels for that matter). Can't recommend this place enough. Secure/comfy beds/clean/good bar/decent music/perfect location.