The Naughty Squirrel Backpackers Hostel Reviews

50 Kaleju Iela, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

Best place in the Baltics, no doubt. 2nd stay at the NSH and it instantly felt like home again. While all the facilities are great, the 1 thing that sets this hostel apart is the staff. They helped us find a car, fixed my friend's glasses, showed us all the best places to party and eat, organized great activities (pub-crawl, beer-pong) and most importantly turned out to be great people.Thank you Lauren, Margherita, Rutha and the rest of the staff for the best holiday we ever had ;) the Belgians

Very well run hostel. Excellent facilities and helpful staff. Good atmosphere

That is an awesome hostel, very very close to the old town and to the bus station. The staff is very friendly and on our arrival they have explained us everything and gave us a welcoming shot of the Riga local liqueur. We were in a private room and it was nice. The bathrooms are a bit small but they are fine and clean. The key card access gives more security and it is easy. The pub crawn was very fun.

It would be nice to have some security lockers.

Hey there, We do have security lockers :) They are located under all the beds in the rooms - the big yellow crate things. We do mention this in our check-in speech, along with the fact that you're welcome to use your own pad lock on the locker or rent one from us. Hope to see you again :) Laura

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in ! Central location, great staff, our double bed room was really nice, bed was comfortable. If we ever get back to Riga (and I hope we will), Naughty Squirrel will be our first choice :)

Really nice hostel. It is right in the center of everything and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

Staff was awesome, but the bathrooms were disgusting.

Excellent location right in the old town, but also easy to reach with the airport bus. Staff was very nice and knowledgeable, I felt immediately at home. I had booked an en-suite room which was lovely and very quiet at night, i.e. no street noise. I totally can recommend this hostel!

Best hostel in Riga. The receptionist was extremely helpful! Perfect location. Also, I'm glad they have the taxi prices on here. The first taxi driver I asked tried to over charge me, a lot. Lol

• 26th Jun 2014

Booked 2 nights and stay for more than a week in the end. The staff are so friendly and a lot of fun. They are more than happy to show you around or give advise of what to see where to go and always happy. The owner (Ben) is a top guy and has some good stories. If/ when I return to Riga I'll be staying here.

Definitely the best place we've ever stayed! The staff are amazing; really friendly and fun people! No doubt the best place in riga to get your parties started and a great place to meet people. We also recommend the AK shooting tour.

This is a party hostel, people seemed to have a really good time. And the rooms are quiet, so this was not a problem for me. I was very happy to have a room to myself. Staff was very nice. Kitchen area a little small, when hostel full at peak meal times cooking might be difficult. Hostel is very central, I would definitely come again.

This is an awesome hostel with the best atmosphere. The living room always has people in it so it's really good for socializing. One of the best hostels for solo travellers that I've stayed in.

Riga old town is very charming and very easy to move around. Since the hostel location is very good, a lot of happening means can be a bit noisy at night. The staffs are very friendly & helpful.

This was a great place to stay

no doubt! the best hostel in riga.. if you decided to stay here,you have made ​​an excellent choice

My second time at the Naughty Squirrel, best hostel hands down, you couldn't ask for a better place to stay and enjoy the town of Riga. Awesome Staff, great rooms and facilities, the best tours and pub crawls, really a 5 star hostel. They deserve all the awards and the high rating they have on Hostelworld. After a week it felt like home and I didn't want to leave, will definitely be back soon. See you next time, Peter Pan :)

Great hostel in a top notch location. Really good hostel for meeting people and having a good time and enjoying Riga's nightlife! Staff are knowledgeable and very helpful. The kitchen is small but adequate. The common room is a good size and has 3 computers for people to use. Also worth mentioning, did the night-time kayak tour and the walking tour with Tom, both of which you should do. He's great and has an impressive knowledge of the history and sights. Overall an absolute gent!

Very nice facilities and great staff. Definitely recommend it!

Awesome Hostel! Place to be if you`re staying in Riga!