The Naughty Squirrel Backpackers Hostel Reviews

50 Kaleju Iela, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

Excellent reviews for a reason. Great location, atmosphere, facilities, etc.

This is by far the more fun hostel I've ever stayed at. The staff is super friendly and helpful. Next time i go to Riga I will stay here. I was also in another hostel and is bad by comparison with this one

Wonderful hostel in the heart of Riga. Location could not be any better. Friendly staff and super clean rooms and showers. Unfortunately no breakfast provided, but lots of little cafés close by. Had a great time! Definitely recommended!

Really good hostel, Nunus makes this hostel what it is! Great atmosphere when you join the pub crawl or even if you just decide to have a seat in the common room. The showers and toilets were good, plenty of them around. Will stay here again if I am in the area

Amazing location, great common areas including a bar. The staff is very helpful and friendly, specially Liva who helped during our stay Plus she speaks spanish ! Group activities are organized every day.

The common room here is a great place to meet travelers, play music, have a beer and relax. With the crazy Riga nightlife, this is a huge benefit to travelers. This might be the best hostel I've ever stayed at and it set the standard for every hostel I've been to since. Staff were friendly and helpful and fun to talk to. The bar and kitchen are great and we made good use of them. They have the most comfortable hostel beds I've ever slept in and the facilities were good and clean. Great job!

Well run party hostel. Thumbs up for the staff! Totally recommended.

Before midnight, it may be a bit noisy from the street.

We really enjoyed our stay here. Beds were good and ready-made and the hostel was cleaned all the time so nothing negative to say. Staff was super friendly and helpful, we fealt very welcome. Like many others, we decided to extend our stay in the hostel because it was so great.

Good hostel with nice staff and a good central location. The dorms were very nice, with luxury beds (with power points and curtain around your bed). The common room was always filled with people chilling there, making it easy to meet other travellers.

This is one of the best and nicest hostels I've stayed in. The beds were comfortable and clean, plus had individual lights, a shelf, and power sockets, AND a curtain for extra privacy/to block out light. The common areas of the hostel were clean and there were always people around. The hostel also organized social events in the evening, which was a great way to meet people, plus the staff was really helpful in tips on what to do. I really enjoyed my stay and would highly recommend!

Cheers Guys!! Safe travels

Honestly, maybe the best Hostel I've been to so far. Comfortable beds, clean rooms and restrooms, plenty of activities offered and the best staff ever! And all that on a cheap rate. The Hostel is located in the center of the old town, so no long ways. Highly recommended, we'll definately be back!

• 17th Jul 2015

See you Guys again soon... Prieka!!

Excellent hostel! Great location in the old town, close to the bus and train station. Excellent facilities and the staff are extremely helpful. Would stay again.

Cheers mate... take it easy!

Amazing hostel with a very lively atmosphere! Great staff that were keen to make sure you had a great time. Facilities were clean felt very safe inside the whole time. The best thing about the hostel is the beds! Absolutely spacious with a set of curtains to hide yourself from pesky room mates. Beds come with and overhead PowerPoint and reading light. Mattresses were very comfy too. All hostels should follow this example!

LOVED our stay at The Naughty Squirrel. Very social atmosphere, and therefore easy to make new friends from all around the world. WiFi worked well throughout the hostel. The staff were also very friendly and accommodating. Bedrooms and bathrooms were clean, as was the kitchen.

• 12th Jul 2015

Great place, had some really late nights out, even though it wasn't really the best time of week for going out. Staff is really friendly (and hot). It's nice having the little bar at reception which is always open with some good beers on tap. Also free fooseball is a big plus for me. The beds are really good, big and comfortable with curtains. Didn't see a whole lot of the city but had a great time at the hostel. I've heard there are other good places in Riga, but stay here.

Good location. Easy to find from the airport. Helpful staff. The karaoke was a little loud downstairs, but beds were great.

This is a party-ers party hostel. A shot as you walk in, it's well-located in the old town. I was very close to giving this place 100% when I first walked in--the beds looked so comfortable on frames that don't shake or creak at all. In addition there's a curtain for a wonderful night's sleep. Unfortunately, I'm allergic to really strong detergent and that's what they used (only happened one other time in 40+ hostels). In addition, wifi was terrible in rooms. Great ppl, competitive foosball.

Fun, clean hostel with lots of charm

Really good hostel, great location in the old town and close to everything you want to see. The staff were really helpful with recommendations of what to see and do. The hostel was really clean and had a great common area with a bar. The only downsides were that the wifi would drop out every five minutes, and there's a karaoke bar downstairs so it can be a bit noisy if you're a light sleeper. But other than that it was a great hostel and I would stay there next time I'm in Riga