The Naughty Squirrel Backpackers Hostel Reviews

50 Kaleju Iela, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

Highly recommended. Great location and common areas.

I had an awsome time in this hostel, one of the best I have visited so far ! Really well organized, friendly staff that takes the time to answer all your questions, fun activites like the pub crawl, even the shower were nice which is quite extraordinary ! Thank you so much, I had a lovely stay.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Brilliant place to stay, always clean, staff are very fun and friendly. Would recommend to anyone looking for a stay in Riga.

• 21st Nov 2014

Amazing hostel!!

• 21st Nov 2014

I loved my stay here and was so happy that I recommended it to a traveller I met in Vilnius. The staff (particularly Anita) were so warm and friendly and made you feel at home. ALA Folkklub was the beat recommendation ever! Loved the shot of Black Balsam on arrival. My 4-bed dorm was colourful and clean. Riga is a lovely place and I can't wait to go back in the summer!

We stayed in a private double room with ensuite and it was perfect. The staff were awesome and so friendly, that we felt like we'd been staying at the hostel for weeks about 10 minutes after we arrived. There are 3 communal areas for people to socialise in, including a bar/kitchen area. Activities that can be booked are clearly marked on expertly decorated , huge whiteboards in the reception (main hang out) area and the staff are very knowledgable about each activity on offer.

Super nice staff, had a problem outside then hostel and helped a lot! Thank you!!! Plenty of activities and easy to arrange. Would come back for sure!

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Spain

One of the best hostels I´ve ever stayed! Extremely fun and helpful staff, great atmosphere and unbelievable location right in the heart of Old Town Rīga. I will definitely return! Greetings to the Naughty Squirrel team and to the awesome people of Latvia!

• 13th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great place to stay. Very central location. Pay attention to security. Good staff on the reception - mostly helpful. Social events. To improve - plug sockets in room. Would definitely recommend. Love you guys. Offer Magarita a Pina Colada.

Convenient location, awesome people, nice & cozy rooms, totally worth!

• 11th Nov 2014
  • India

Very friendly wlecome, city map given and explained, addresses for bars and restaurant. Very vey nice, I recommend it!

• 10th Nov 2014

It is a nice Hostel with a big kitchen and in the lobby there is something like a pub. The only thing which was not that good, it was very cold in my room. I have a cold now :(

Hey! All our rooms have adjustable heating... If your room was too cold, you simply needed to turn your heating up. Its much better to communicate with our staff, we are here to help you 24hrs a day! Safe Travels.

Great place. Staff speaks English, information labels everywhere. Your bed has a separate light and 2 el. sockets.

I'm not sure I can fit all of what I want to say into this short comments section but here goes. This place is awesome!!! From the time you arrive to the time you leave you are made to feel right at home. The girls who run the place truly are amazing. They show you all the places to go and are always game for a laugh. I read some horror stories about Riga but it is safe to say they were all nonsense. I can't wait to make my next visit to the Naughty Squirrel!! Ash from Leeds. Xx

Staff were incredible! Excellent atmosphere

Definitely one of the best hostel I've ever stayed, if not the best. Since the first minute you be, there the awesome staff treat you as a friend and help you with anything, organize really cool, well organized and guided activities everyday. Atmosphere couldn't be better, I met really nice people in short time thank to them. Beds are really comfortable, plenty of bathrooms and in a perfect location, all advantages! They deserve all the awards they have, what are you witing for? book there now!

Great hostel, wifi works everywhere. Bathrooms clean, sometimes a funny smell but clean overall. Rooms were a good size and nice common room although a bit broken up sometimes hard to meet people

Seriously, this was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. Great place, great location and the staff is super awesome. I can only recommend it to everybody to book a night there. We stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm which was quite spacious and had nice beds.

Really cool place, loads to do, good atmosphere, with welcome shots! Always good. Good location, relatively close to the best sights and sounds in Riga. Loads of activities on offer and the staff were as helpful as anywhere I have ever stayed in Europe. Highly recommend.

Possibly one of the best hostel I'd been to. Big lockers available, plenty of clean individual bathrooms and toilets. Staff is friendly and informative. There are almost daily activities. I wish I'd been able to stay longer.