The Naughty Squirrel Backpackers Hostel Reviews

50 Kaleju Iela, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

Great Hostel! I had great time there, easy atmosphere, good tap beer and friendly staff! I love the Squirrel! I will

The hostel is situated in the middle of the old city, near to everything. The rooms were ok, but smelled a little bit strange Especeially the bathrooms need a better aeration. The staff were very friendly and helpfull. Inside the hostel there is kitchen where you can make coffee or tee. There is also a nice common area where you can meet other people. A lock is needed for the lockers (a kind box under the bett)

The Naughty Squirrel is without a doubt the best hostel I've stayed in in Europe. The facilities are great: spacious rooms, lockers, two plug sockets and a reading light each, clean showers. But the winning factor is the staff. Everyone was so friendly and helpful :) Would definitely recommend!

Naughty squirrels hostel is an ideal place to party and to live for young people between 20 and 30 yrs.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Lithuania

Loved this place, only downside was that we couldn't stay longer. The staff were outstanding and withstood a barrage of odd questions and requests. Room was great and bathrooms were readily available. Unfortunately we were unable to continue the tradition of room 38 but there is always next time. If you don't book this hostel you should slap yourself silly then take a good hard look in the mirror!

Definitely a place where you can easily meet people. Good location and the staff is extremely helpful and friendly. You also get a free shot of their national liquor upon arrival (pretty cool!) and there is a bar and cooler with water, juice, beer, and other drinks to purchase downstairs 24-7. The only annoying thing was that there is no elevator (I had heavy luggage) but rooms aren't too much of a walk upstairs (only one or two flights of stairs) Would definitely stay again!

Staying at the Naughty Squirrel was great, I really enjoyed it! The Staff was very friendly and gave really good recommendation about where to go in Riga, good restaurants and so on. Nice people, great atmosphere, very clean... :-) I would definitely stay there again, if I come back to Riga some time!

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Austria

The hostel location is stellar. Beds were clean and they had private storage in the room. The staff, however, was pretty hit or miss. Some of them were very friendly and helpful, but to be honest sometimes I got a vibe of "why are you bothering me." This was especially apparent when I stood at the desk for 5 minutes and the girl stayed buried in her phone. It took away from the stay for sure, but maybe it's a Riga thing. Overall it is a sufficient hostel.

Great hostel and helpful staff will help you on arrival to settle quickly. A tour of some sort is organised each day and is recommended.

Only improvement that could be made would be easier access to plug sockets in rooms/ small shelves or storage by beds. But totally small thing - the hostel is excellent!

One of the dearest hostel I ever went to!! Socializing atmosphere is NICE. Sam our dear guide is NICE. Other staff members are NICE. The place is clean and confortable. There are many toilets and bathroom facilities, it is rare to wait. Kitchen is a bit small but looks so good ! and I met so many nice people in the kitchen. I don't no if happy pleaces make nicer people, but I met so many nice people at the kitchen, in corridors, in the common room.AND THE PLAYLIST IS GOOD and make it even nicer!

It was a bit of a mixed bag. In a way, it was extremely clean, with nice rooms in a nice location. The cool atmosphere between the guests just happened naturally without even needing organized activities. But the staff was not as great as they make it to be in the reviews. There was one of the staff (this younger blond girl) that was really nice, trying to be as helpful as possible, and then, there where at least 2 other girls with some serious attitude problems for someone behind a counter.

Riga is a great city and this is the best place to stay in it. I was traveling alone for the first time and was afraid of boredom. No chance of that in this hostel with its adorable and helpful staff, the great activities and the cozy rooms and common areas. I've been wrecking my brain to find downsides, but there aren't any. Best hostel I've been to so far, and I've been to some.

• 20th Aug 2014

Helpful and friendly staff!Good showers and the girls are cleaning the toilets all the time! Stayed in the double bed room!The mattress could be a bit better and could have some hangers on the wall to put the wet towels!Anyway! Amazing hostel!

Loved this hostel--one of my favorite stays ever. Rooms are clean, staff are awesome, and it's right in the city center.

• 19th Aug 2014

Wish every hostels would be like the Naughty Squirrel...extremely friendly people, very clean dorms and bathrooms(!! ) well-equipped. It's definitely worth the money!

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Hungary

I've stayed in many hostels around Europe and this ranks as the best so far! The staff are super helpful upon arrival, the rooms are spacious and secure and the toilets/showers are very clean unlike a lot of hostels. Would recommend and I would like to visit again in the future :D

• 18th Aug 2014

Amazing location, with excellent staff. very friendly atmosphere.

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. Awesome staff, great atmosphere, excellent day trips, cheap beer. They keep the bathrooms very clean. Would stay again and recommend to anyone.

Good stay, big common room, separated from bedroom, so can socialise and sleep well, staff are very nice.