The Naughty Squirrel Backpackers Hostel Reviews

50 Kaleju Iela, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

very clean, nice staff, very good location but room number 3 was very clairaudient - People were passing by to the showers all the time, there was a squeaky door and because it is near the reception it was quite loud in general – rooms on the second floor are probably more quite

Its a great hostel very well located with clean and safe atmosphere. The staff was really helpful, nice and very friendly. I have stayed in many hostels it was one of the best. I would strongly recommend this hostel. No complaints!

Cool Hostel. Very well secure. In the old town center. Staff was amazing! So far so good :)

Had lots of fun here, ended up staying an extra couple of days. Good for meeting other travellers and the staff are cool too.

It is very noisy as the rooms are very nearby to the street and the staircase !

The staff was great, they are very kind as I made a mistake with my bookings, they fixed it without question :) They're hot too! #bowchickawowow The hostel was located in the old town, which made it close to more or less everything. Would def stay there again :)

I've been travelling for nearly 4 months, throughout Europe AND Asia, and this hostel is probably the best I've stayed at. The staff, in particular, we're absolutely fantastic and never faulted in providing the best experience....

Without a doubt THE best hostel I have ever stayed in. I loved it so much that I ended up changing my travel plans and staying an extra night! I highly recommend this place to those that are traveling alone, as you will meet like-minded travellers. The place is warm and welcoming, and you're made to feel at home. Everything is super clean. Above all else, the staff members are simply amazing! They were unbelievably helpful and friendly. Thanks for good times and great memories :D

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed! Very nice and friendly stuff!

Awesome hostel right in the heart of Riga. The common room is warm and inviting, the 24-hour bar is a great addition, and the staff were all so nice. Great place if you're a solo traveler; attracts a great and social crowd of backpackers from all over the world. Would definitely stay here again.

Extremely nice staff! I just stayed there for one night (actually just 8 hours), but I liked the atmosphere and I will definitely come back!

• 1st Jun 2014

Great bathrooms that seemed to be cleaned every hour! That's a real rarity in hostels, which are usually cleaned once a day. Wifi is great, showers great, common areas nice. Lots of parties and friendly staff. However, I felt like the all-female staff were friendlier to guys who were more "attractive" than other guys. For example, I was just handed a map with no explanation, and no welcome shot; while a big Australian guy got a sit-down explanation and welcome shot and long conversation.

Location was excellent and the hostel was overall good. The only problem was very thin walls and poor soundproof, we had a private room which was nice itself but we didn't get the good nights sleeps we wanted thanks to the party people next dorms. I know hostels are noisy places, but we didn't really feel like getting the privacy we payed for. This hostel is a great place if you're a larger group of people but not for couples or for people who want to sleep at nights.

Hi there, Thanks for the comment, but, like you said - we are a hostel. Also, we pride ourselves on being a party hostel, full of activities, parties and entertainment (specially during the weekend) and we do mention that on our website. Also you did stay here on a weekend (first weekend of summer!), So hopefully next time you choose wiser if you're looking for a good nights sleep, peace and quiet :) Cheers!! Laura

Great hostel, really nothing to critic. Perfect place for a group of people, but I guess also for anyone else. Remain as friendly and helpful!

a very nice hostel and the staff very very friendly :) I wish to stay forever there

Greeted at the door by friendly reception staff and offered a welcome shot, we immediately had a good impression of the place. It just kept going up from there. The hostel is in the BEST location you could hope for in Old Town and it is very clean; bathrooms are spacious enough with good hot shower pressure too. The girls that work at the hostel of.a.night time are particularly helpful and give the whole place a great vibe. We even scored free shots one night because one of the girls had had a b

The staff was really nice and helpful with directions and advice on activities happening in the city. The location of the hostel was perfect for exploring the city by foot. There was an awesome bar next door ( rockabilly bar) where we met a lot of super nice locals that offered to buy us drinks. We went on the hostel's pub crawl but there were too many people (about 90% being men) so we went and did our own thing after the free drinks. Hostel was clean and the kitchen was great.

Best hostel ever. The staff is amazing and the atmosphere is great! I was supposed to stay there two nights but I extended to 4! Merci!

We were in a private room for 2 people in the floor above reception - we experienced the hostel as a very quiet place were you could sleep well without any kind of party or street noises bothering you. We went out every night so I can't say much about the atmosphere around the reception. Everything seemed cool whenever we stopped by to ask the staff something. The staff was helpful, our room was clean, the hostel felt safe. The location is really awesome.

Extremely nice hostel. One of the best places I have stayed in Europe. Helpful staff and good atmosphere. Well worth it.