The Naughty Squirrel Backpackers Hostel Reviews

50 Kaleju Iela, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

The staff at The Naughty Squirrel make the place. They're super friendly, helpful and always up for a good time. This hostel has a great atmosphere!!! I found it hard to leave. Thanks to the team at Naughty Squirrel for making my New Year a great one.

It's really an amazing hostel. People are extremely friendly. I literally can't find any weakness!

Did not want to leave! Enough said. Perfect! Will miss all the staffs :)

No doubt, the best hostel I have ever stayed. It is so cool to live here. The staff are great and helpful.

We had a great stay in the private room. Riga is very nice and the hostel is very central located, only a couple of minutes away from the trainstation, busstation, market and all the main squares in Oldtown.

Amazing small hostel with supernice staff, heaps of planned activities (loved the Latvian food night) and great facilities. They have a huge common area and a cozy bar with good beer which is the perfect place to meet other travellers. There are lots of clean showers and the rooms are big and spacious as well. I enjoyed my short stay there a lot!

The street of the Hostel is a little bit dark. The Hostel is very clean, cozy and comfortable.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in in years! Thanks for an awesome time, girls!

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. The best hostel I've stayed at.

Another excellent Baltic hostel. The owner runs the bobsledding daytrip himself, which I've gotta say was one of the absolute highlights of my life. Perfect location, super hot staff and a cool atmosphere. Highly recommended.

Good Location, close the the old town and bus station. Staff were really friendly and helping out with local suggestions for food. Would definitely stay here again.

One of the best hostels worldwide with very high standards. Good location, big common room/kitchen/bar. Spacious dorms and comfy beds. Fast and reliable wifi. It is party-oriented though so you might hear a little noise from the street.

awesome place. Clean, secure, good location and great atmosphere. By and far, the best looking staff I have ever come across, who are equally as welcoming and friendly :)

I wasn't here too long, but everything was great. Staff were really cool (offered a free shot upon arrival) and helpful. The location is in Old Town and the major bus stop (to/from the airport) is a minute from the hostel. The hostel could be a bit of a party hostel, but the upstairs (dorm areas) are quiet and comfortable. Great job, guys!

Great hostel. Amazing staff. 100% must book. I will book again!

One of my favourite places I've been, staff were awesome, met great people, hit the town on their pub crawls. Highly recommend to stay here if in Riga

In freezing cold December, Riga might not be some peoples first choice of destination. But the cosy, friendly atmosphere at the Naughty Squirrel certainly makes up for the climate outside. No extra charge for bedding, towels etc and you are made to feel extremely welcome throughout your stay by the lovely team. I met all staff and their are no weak links. Manageress is lovely and I trust she will spoil her awesome team with a great staff night out to celebrate xmas! Thank you all! 10/10 x

This hostel has an excellent location, right in Old Town, but only a 5 minute walk from the bus/train station. Good size common areas with a 24hr bar at reception. Kitchen is quite small, but still usable. Big lockers under the beds made it easy to keep your belongings safe. Bathrooms were always clean. The hostel offers lots of activities from bobsledding to shooting. And the girls on reception were lovely. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Awesome hostel, friendly atmosphere and great staff & management. The bobslead tour is a must! Look no more book this hostel now, it is no doubt the best in the city!

Highly recommended. Great location and common areas.