The Naughty Squirrel Backpackers Hostel Reviews

50 Kaleju Iela, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

I booked a single room and it was very spacious and good value for money . Fun hostel , easy to meet other travellers . Would highly recommend . I wish I could have spent more time in Riga .

Such an awesome hostel! Everything about it is unreal, the atmosphere, the staff, the facilities! Probably the best hostel I've stayed at!

Nice, clean hostel, for an affordable price. In a good location, in the old Riga´s center and well connected to the Riga airport by bus. The hostel itself is quite modern with curtain-equipped bunk beds in the dorms; a nice addition for more privacy. The staff was helpful and super friendly. There is no breakfast included, but at this price this is no major issue. Wi-Fi worked OK. Atmosphere was great and it´s a very social place to meet fellow travelers. All in all, I do recommend this hostel.

Great lovation staff andfacilities

Great stay! Really nice staff!

Great hostel and awesome staff. Special thanks to Liva for the most warming welcome ever! As well as to Dina for organizing me the transfer to the airport, while i got lost in time mixing local beer with some shots of Riga Black Balsam. If you want to get the most of Riga experience Naughty Squirrel is a great starting point. Highly Recommended!

• 26th Nov 2015
  • itomilov
  • Ukraine

Hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed at! Atmosphere is great and staff are really friendly and helpful, especially Liva and Anita who helped us all cook a thanksgiving dinner!! Awesome location as well and The rooms are great! Would recommend this hostel to anyone coming to Riga, will definitely be coming back!!

Great Hostel, Amazing Staff! Stayed for a week in late November last year, the girls at reception Antia and Liva, they are Latvian angels, i tried to convince them to come back to Australia with me but had no luck, very friendly and always went out of the there way to make sure you enjoy your stay and had lots of good recommendations on what to do. Big shout out to Ricky for running some really great pub crawls and taking us all to the ice hockey games.

Such a great hostel! The common room and bar make it really easy to meet people and the staff were so so lovely!! Wish I could've stayed longer!

• 24th Nov 2015

Very friendly, helpful and authentic staff. Great atmosphere, party hostel-ish but also a good choice if you want to have calm nights because the parties etc take place outside the hostel itself. At least thats my experience. Rooms were okay, clean and had comfortable beds. Not very spacious but considering the value for money really really nice roos as well. The football table is really good as well, not just some random gadget but an almost professional one.

• 24th Nov 2015

Would be the best hostel I've ever stayed so far. Everything here just like in your home. Staff were so friendly and do very good job welcoming people and introduce really great spot to visit. Room was quite so comfortable made me wanna sleep on it forever! Especially located in an amazingly wonderful area which you can go to amazingly wonderful area which you can go to olv town and bus station within 3 mins. No any disappointments I can leave here. Since this hostel kind of the best in Lativa!

Great hostel. The staff were excellent and really seemed interested in creating a good atmosphere. While it's not exactly a party hostel, there were some particularly obnoxious fellow travellers, I'd just hope it doesn't get flooded with those types on weekends. Facilities and common area were great and the staff even organise great activities (you should definitely go to the ice hockey if you have the chance!)

One of the best hostels Ive ever stayed in (out of well over 50). The staff are fantastic and are what makes the stay so good. Originally booked for two nights, stayed a week. Would definitely recommend!

Stayed in Riga for two nights, but the Naughty Squirrel made me feel completely at home! Incredibly helpful and friendly staff in a great location. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

Amazing hostel! very friendly and helpful staff- espessially Anita, she was really great!, lots of great recommendations for food, drinks and attractions, perfectly located. I will be sending everyone I know to the naughty squirrel when they visit Riga!

• 19th Nov 2015

Amazing as always! Excellent staff, great facilities, and the best location in the heart of old town Riga.

The hostel is in a very good location in Riga. The beds are comfortable enough to have a good rest after a full of day trip in the city. Showers are ok, but the sink is very tiny.. It makes you feel like you're at the plane all the time.. But overall it should be one of the best in the city

I had a great time at the Naughty Squirrel! Everyone was so friendly and it was really fun to just hang out at the hostel when you wanted to relax. It's definitely in the top 3 for hostels I've stayed at. If you're going to Riga, stay here!!

• 13th Nov 2015

One of the best hostel I've stayed in! The beds are comfortable, everything is relatively new and clean. Staffs are pretty and super nice! It is easy to meet people in the common room. Beers are cheap in the hostel. What more can you ask for? I would strongly recommend this place!

Good hostel, Very well organised pub crawl and I enjoyed the free shot on entry.