The Naughty Squirrel Backpackers Hostel Reviews

50 Kaleju Iela, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

The Naughty Squirrel is by far the best hostel I have ever been too! There is something special that isn't just the excellent facilities, awesome tours and comfy beds, they go out of their way to be friendly and helpful, the owner Ben and the staff have put a lot of passion, time and work into creating a truly awesome experience while visiting the great city of Latvia. To the 'Squirrel' staff Margarita, Wendy, Sunny, Elena and Ruta....Cheers, I will be back again!! Pete AKA 'Jack Sparrow'

The bobsled is a must. So much fun. If only they had more power points in the room, But other than that hostel was excellent.

Good value for money!

The best hostel I've ever stayed at. Staff were incredible with excellent knowledge of the city and responded to everyone's individual queries. Location was very central. Atmosphere was what made the place incredible - great communal areas encouraged people to come together and lots of organised events which brought everyone together.

• 21st Nov 2013

One of the best hostels we ever stayed in! Very clean, fantastic staff, excellent location in the centre of the old city. We had a great time! Will definitely come back!!

What a boss place, sound staff, wicked location, dead secure, sound.

• 21st Nov 2013

Been on the road for six months and its hard to find a better hostel. The staff really make it, without a doubt they are all amazing and will help you whenever you need or just great to have a chat with.

I have travelled to 45 countries and seven continents. This is the BEST hostel I have ever been to. Great everything!

I stayed at the Naughty Squirrel for a couple of days with my friend and we had a great time. Although we spent most of our time out of the hostel, it was always great to come back to a place which felt like home. On our last day, we both came down with food poisoning and were forced to stay an extra 4 nights. During these extra days, the staff cared for us as if we were family. They brought us tea, extra blankets and would regularly check on us to make sure we were OK. Thank you so much!

• 17th Nov 2013

The staff were all really nice and helpful and the hostel is in a great location. I would go there again.

Being in a excellent location directly in old town Riga, the Naughty Squirrel Backpackers is a perfect place to stay. The staff is very helpful and it's really clean and great value for money.

• 15th Nov 2013
  • Austria

Great! Place where I immediately felt welcome. Maybe also because of the welcome shot ;-) Free kicker and helpful staff included. And we could leave our luggage there until the mid of the next night as our bus left at 2:30 am! I would go for it again!

Excellent stay. Staff are very friendly and helpful.

Great hostel that offers plenty of activities. Did the bobsled which was awesome!! Helpful staff and the hostel in a central location!

Perfect location, cool staff, big rooms, great hostel.

The staff was wonderful--they all made me feel right at home! In particular, Margarita deserves a shout out!! She welcomed me my first night and was so helpful. She pulled out a map and marked all the places I needed to see even though I was only going to be there in such a short time. Her recommendations were great!

• 4th Nov 2013

Great Hostel!

Thank you for feeling my home!

• 2nd Nov 2013

really nice hostel. Staf was great, location really good and the bar inside beside the common room is a really good place (and cheap).

Awesome place!!