The Naughty Squirrel Backpackers Hostel Reviews

50 Kaleju Iela, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

This is one of my favourite hostels I've ever stayed in. I was greeted by a very friendly receptionist who gave me lots of tips on what was happening in the city during my stay and then I was given a free shot to celebrate my welcome. The rooms were really cosy, modern, clean and secure. There were always activities on for the guests in the hostel so there was a great atmosphere and the location was excellent too - situated right in the centre of Old Town Riga. Would definitely come back!

perfect, nice experience, good friends i met there

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Naughty Squirrel seems just the right size for a hostel; plently of people to meet but not so many that it gains a hotel-vibe. Evening organised activities were good, some good recommendations and the staff seem to know their stuff.

The hostel is pretty good, the location and facilities are superb and anything in the old town is walking distance. I knew it was a party hostel but nevertheless I wasn't t fond on it. The welcome shot on arrival is cool, but seeing staff members drinking other shots and alcohol with guests doesnt seem very professional.

Great hostel! The staff is very helpful and nice and there's always someone at the counter desk. The only bad point is that the wifi didn't work very well in the bedroom and the kichen was sometimes a little bit too small. The hostel is also very clean and perfectly located! We would surely go back and recommend this hostel!

Definitely too noisy, but thumbs up for the cleaning of the facilities - i have been to many hostels in various countries but i had never seen anyone cleaning the showers etc. more than once a day. Additionally, it was a bit annyong that the key cards refused to work sometimes, so we just managed to open the doors after three tries.

I first came here 2 years ago and this hostel is still my favourite. There are plenty of showers/toilets and security is top-notch. What makes this hostel great is that it's located in Vecrīgā (old town) and the common areas are always full of people socialising in a great atmosphere, the staff really know how to make you welcome and organise day and night events daily and are happy to show you the best places to go. I'll definitely be back here again!

For late twenties travelers, this can be a bit of a party hostel. Staff is very friendly and helpful, rooms are clean and key card secured. Great location!

Such a great hostel this was my second visit thought i would come back again as loved it so much. Thank you margarita ruta and soldier for a great stay. X

Great location, easy to find from the bus station. Staff really friendly and helpful, helped arrange tours and bar crawls etc. Hostel is secure and clean plus has a really friendly social vibe. Would definitely stay here again when in Riga

We really enjoyed our stay at the naughty squirrel! The rooms were spacious and the showers were always clean, as well as the kitchen. The common room was quite nice as well, everybody met there before the pub crawl (which I strongly recommend ;-) ). The staff was always very friendly and helpful! I would definitely recommend this hostel.

The staff was very friendly and helpfull in all ways imaginable. The hostel was very well managed and had all kinds of fun amenities and activities. Definetely two thumbs up from the Bachelors party group from Belgium!

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Everyrhing was perfect!! Unbetable location, super friendly staff and the perfect place to meet other travellers :)

Great helping staff, location, good security system with big lockers and atmosphere. Excellent hostel

Had an amazing stay. Room was clean and well equipped. Location was very central but quiet at night.

• 16th Jul 2014

that was my second visit to NSB. I really liked it. Female dorm, mixed dorm, both were good.

staff is extremely friendly !!!

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Austria

one of the best hostels ive ever been to! Definetly recommend everyone to go here. Make sure you make a reservation because its likely to be full! Thank you Salvega and the others for the great time!

Nice hostel in the center of Riga. Friendly staff and nice atmosphere with every day events and so on

Really great hostel