The New Day Reviews

632 Haeundae-ro, Haeundae-gu, Busan, Korea, Busan, South Korea

Beautiful hostel, I've never seen a more beautiful rooftop/common area than the one they have in there. Excellent facilities, they provide it all, even laundry is for free! Location is great, one step away from the metro exit and maybe two blocks from the beach. Looks more a hotel than a hostel, though, missing some integrative events/parties among the guests. Summarizing: the place is perfect (never seen any like it), could improve the atmosphere, though.

This was by far the best hostel I've stayed at in Korea. The staff was very friendly and speaks excellent English. There's a great rooftop garden and room to hang out. They have a ton of people on staff, so the whole place was spotless. And it's really close to Haeundae Beach and lots of shops and restaurants. If I'm ever in Busan again, I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

It is a hostel but you are treated like it is a hotel.

It's very clean.

Thank you so much for a great stay! Helpful staff and fantastic location!

Very helpful staff, clean facilities. Love the upstairs lounge/garden area.

• 13th Jul 2014

This hostel is amazing value for money. You are given your own locker at check-in. The locker is large enough to hold two regular backpacks. The beds, amenities and floors are clean. Free washing machines available. The communal showers were not a problem for me however there is a private shower on the rooftop, which brings me to the rooftop garden and chill area. It has several musical instruments, books, board games, PCs and an outside garden which is a fantastic place to relax in.

Very friendly Staff! The hostel has a very nice garden at the top of the building where you can read, play guitar and spend the evening. also there is a big map with a lot of restaurants and pictures of their food ,which is very helpful for foreign travelers. Would stay there again! :)

It isn’t a hostel. It’s a 5 Star Hotel! It’s unbelievable their facilities and how they’re organized. Everything was thought to offer the best stay in Busan. All staff was very gentle, polite and helpful. I highly recommend this hostel because something better is impossible. Thank you “The New Day Hostel” to contribute to my good memories about Busan. (Ivanor Tres – Brazil)

Dorm was a bit clostrophobic - no windows

I really like the hostel,it is clean,bright,the bed is very comfortable.the staff is very friendly and helpful,when I check in,they gave me free map,and also recommended good places to visit and eat.they also have a very beautiful garden.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • China

I only stayed for 2 days and 1 night, but I really enjoyed my time there. Dorm style room, open shower style bathroom, with a pleasant atmosphere. Staff was welcoming and helpful. I would return and stay there again, if I return to Busan.

I don't know if I've ever stayed at a nicer, well organized hostel as this one. Everything was spotless, decor was exceptional, location was great, and the price was really good.

The only negative points were that my room had no windows so, besides putting the air-con on it could it really smelly, luckily i had a 6bed dorm to myself for 2/3 nights.Also the shower in communal so if you don't like showering with others. However I have stayed in many hostels in many countries and 'the new day' is definitely up there with the best hostels. i clicked 'excellent' for each category for good reason,staff were nice, good egg breakfast, good sightseeing help, good security cle..

We really really enjoyed our stay at New day. Service and cleanliness like a hotel, but with the cozy atmosphere and price of a hostel. Beautiful roof top patio and lounge room, 2 minutes from subway, and 5 minutes from beach. Lady at front desk advised, researched, and booked super cheap flights for us from Busan to Jeju. Fantastic customer service. Really an amazing hostel. Will DEFINITELY come back to New Day if we come back to Busan.

overall is great, just 1 min from the subway station by walk, the hostel is very clean and the breakfast is good!!! there is a common room with a little garden at 7th floor, very nice place to stay :)

I loved this hostel! The staff was so friendly and kept the place incredibly clean. As I traveled on a Korean holiday, I had the unique pleasure of seeing them interact with both Koreans and foreigners (sometimes hostels will only have Koreans or foreigners, not both). What was nice to see is that they treated both Koreans and foreigners the exact same! The location to Haeundae station as well as the beach is amazing. They are pretty up on their security as well.

This place has all the potential to be a cool hostel. Super clean and spacy. Relatively new and has a great lounge area. BUT... The staff make you feel unwelcomed. My stay reminded me of visiting a distant relative that doesn't like you or want you there. They watched everything we did. They would come into the room whenever they wanted and kind of made me feel like I was a nuisance. It was uncomfortable. Killed the vibe. And I was happy to leave this place. Too bad

Great hostel. Everything was as advertised and there were no surprises.

• 19th Apr 2014

What i most like of this very new locking Hostel is the very good atmosphere. Its not to crowded and you have all the facilities you need including towels, shampoo, conditioner free lockers and a beautiful lounge in the 7th floor where the view of busan is very nice. Recommended!!