The New Day Reviews

632 Haeundae-ro, Haeundae-gu, Busan, Korea, Busan, South Korea

Overall, I'm satisfied with my 2-night stay, The free breakfast is simple but great. Suggestion: Kindly ensure every bed is equipped with a set of power points and bed light. Curtains on every bed is essential to provide privacy.

Communal showers were an interesting experience. Rooftop was amazing, would be great if it was a bit more social though.

Excellent hostel! Very clean and in a perfect location (SECONDS from the subway). It was a little bit noisy, and easy to hear the noise of the lobby/kitchen in the morning even with my bedroom door closed at the end of the hall. I would recommend it though and come back again.

Very good hostel. Near to metro. and in the best area of Busan, near the beach

Great hostel with super friendly staff. However, the mattresses weren't quite my type - you could feel the springs in your back.

The best hostel experience I have had hands-down, and rivals my experiences at expensive hotels! The difference is the staff who take pride in their work, are helpful, and create a welcoming environment.

• 2nd Oct 2014

had a great time staying in the new day of my busan trip this time, will recommend it to people who don't really know busan and looking for some place comfortable.

Loved The New Day! The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• 26th Sep 2014

Very nice hostel and location. The staff was nice and helpful. Beds were a bit hard but it's seems common in Korea. Definitely recommend this hostel.

Very nice hostel in a great location, staff are super nice and the place is spotless. Only complaint is it is on the 5th storey, so lots of stairs to climb (there is a lift for the disabled). Also, the main female (and I assume male) dorm showers are communal, but if you want a private shower, you can go upstairs. Really, though, there is nothing to complain about, and you don't need to bring anything but a toothbrush. Stay here by all means. Haeundae is also the best place to stay in Busan.

The New Day is a great place to stay in Haeundae. Breakfast was good, they have a cool rooftop garden/lounge, and it was an easy place to meet fellow travellers. The location is also really convenient, and it's hard to beat the value.

I really have a good time in The New Day. Staffs are friendly and helpful. Specially thanks to the staff - Leoan. I had problem in booking air ticket to Jeju Island, she even ask external help just to let me get the ticket.

I loved staying at the New Day! The people were kind. The hostel was really nice and clean. The hostl was also in a great location.

• 8th Sep 2014

Second to none! If there's one perfect hostel, it has to be The New Day! Though I only stayed overnight, the experience speaks volumes about the hostel. Safe, clean, well thought out design, artsy, good vibes, amazing roof deck, first-rate toiletries (amazed at the free RL polo parfum for guests to use). Keep up the excellent job!

The New Day was an excellent hostel. Very friendly staff, perfectly clean rooms, great security, and eggs, bread and coffee in the morning to make your own breakfast. Would highly recommend.

It was great staying at The New Day. Although it wasn't too full during my stay here, I still enjoyed staying here. The best part for me was the young guy who shared his meal with me when I asked him where I could go for dinner in the area. It was a really nice gesture and I definitely appreciated it.

I had an amazing stay at The New Day and definitly recommend staying there if you visit Busan.

Beautiful hostel, I've never seen a more beautiful rooftop/common area than the one they have in there. Excellent facilities, they provide it all, even laundry is for free! Location is great, one step away from the metro exit and maybe two blocks from the beach. Looks more a hotel than a hostel, though, missing some integrative events/parties among the guests. Summarizing: the place is perfect (never seen any like it), could improve the atmosphere, though.

This was by far the best hostel I've stayed at in Korea. The staff was very friendly and speaks excellent English. There's a great rooftop garden and room to hang out. They have a ton of people on staff, so the whole place was spotless. And it's really close to Haeundae Beach and lots of shops and restaurants. If I'm ever in Busan again, I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

It is a hostel but you are treated like it is a hotel.