The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

While the general cleanliness and access to a full kitchen impressed me, the various charges for things did not. I've stayed in countless hostels and not once did I ever have to pay to rent a towel or pay to store my bag for the day. When I arrived there werent blankets on the bed, luckily I brought my own because I probably would have to rent that too. The wifi was atrocious and barely worked half the time. The staff was very helpful and friendly and my room was comfortable; would stay again.

• 19th Nov 2014

Nice and clean Hostel. Cool staff. Metro L line is only 2 Minuten away.

• 15th Nov 2014

The front desk staff were great.

• 15th Nov 2014

Hey! Thank you for your kind review- we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you very soon :) Cheers!

Check it out. When I go to NYC I don't spend much time lying down in my hotel room. So why pay hundreds$$? I just need a safe clean spot to rest my head. NY loft hostel was perfect. They answered all my questions along the way, its clean, and actually really cool. I've been everywhere...you will be safe and comfortable staying here!

• 14th Nov 2014

Hey! Thanks so much for your kind and honest review. We couldn't be happier that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please hurry back soon :)

Great place, I like choosing from a 4 to a 16 person room, at different prices. Loved the ambiance. Food staff were wonderful. Please thank them again for me. All staff tremendously helpful and friendly. Biggest negative = very strong insecticide smell. We had the window open the entire time we were there, and it never went away. Heat was on all the time. Some mattresses need replacing ASAP. If I had to sleep on the 1st one, I'd have a negative review, despite all the strengths above.

• 12th Nov 2014

Hello! Thank you for your kind and honest review- we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and we will take you suggestions to help better our services. We hope to see you very soon :) Cheers!

It was my third visit. I like the place. However, the guy at the reception tried to cheat me on returning me the deposit for the key. However, I will visit the place in the future because it is also quite convenient.

Hello, Thank you for your review- we appreciate your honesty. The receptionist must have been confused that you were departing at that moment- We value great customer service and assure you that this incident will never occur again. We hope to see you back very soon :)

Booked 3 bed room with 3 people but they split us up... Said they'd sort us out later in the trip and didn't. Otherwise a very good hostel

Been to many hostels in new York, we have been going here for the past 4 years, this has been the best one so far!

• 6th Nov 2014

Hello, we appreciate your kind and honest review. We hope to see you back soon in beautiful Brooklyn! Cheers!

The loft has the potential to be the greatest hostel ever with facilities etc, but the staff are so aloof and do nothing to bring people together. I relied on a long term guest for most useful information. The place is immaculate though.

Hello, Thank you for taking the time out to review us- we appreciate your honesty and will take your suggestions to help better our services. Our main goal is excellent customer service so we hope to see you back soon to these changes in effect.

Only negative point : having a mezzanine as a living room above the kitchen which makes it hard to watch movies as people in the kitchen are very loud. Otherwise perfect !! Thank you !!

• 1st Nov 2014

Hey- thanks for the helpful suggestion- we appreciate your review and hope to see you back very soon! Happy travels!

Will definitely recommend this spot. All the staff were lovely and so patient!!

• 31st Oct 2014

Hey- Thanks for your kind words- we were happy to have you stay with us and hope to see you back soon :)

I was so impressed by my first stay at the New York Loft Hostel, and I'll be back! It's a fantastic concept that has been executed beautifully. I felt safe, loved the neighborhood, enjoyed the free activities offered on site, and made some very interesting new friends who I will keep. Please bring your great concept to Los Angeles next!

• 29th Oct 2014

Hey! Thanks so much for your kind review! We hope to see you back soon and maybe we will bring our services to California one day :) Cheers!

Enjoyed our stay. Good communal areas in the hostel. Nice rooms. Short walk to the train station and staff very helpful. Would stay here again. Excellent wifi.

Nice hostel and very friendly staff. Close to the subway in a nonresidential area of Brooklyn - I had no problems walking back after midnight and never felt unsafe, but my nervous roommate felt the area was a bit dark and dodgy.

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Hey! Thanks so much for the kind and honest review! We are over the moon that you enjoyed yourself :) We hope you visit us soon! Safe travels!

I think the breakfast need some more choise of food and drink. See you next time!

• 26th Oct 2014

All good! Was a pleasure to stay there ! :)

Thanks so much for the review! Hurry back soon :)

Great cocktail hour, breakfast. Great place to meet friends, because everyone so friendly

• 25th Oct 2014

Hey- Thanks so much for the kind review. We hope to see you back soon so you can meet some more great people! :)

I will definitely stay there again, as I travel to NYC periodically. Kitchen/common area really nice, and the place as a whole is clean and comfortable. Altogether a great facility! Recommend having ear-plugs with you for the nights that the club next door has a band, if you are a light sleeper.

• 24th Oct 2014

Thanks so much for the honest review! We hope to see you back soon :)

The staf was very friendly and Always very helpful, polite with a smile on theire face. Especially we would like thank a very nice girl in the reception "from Armenia we think she came" wich helped us set up the possibility to attend a fantastic adventure in a local Brookly Church on the sunday. So nice of you with such great service-mind!! To Management; 1. somone, in the middle of the night stumbeled in to our room although locked (security)? 2.shocked over the unhealty breakfast.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Hello! Thank you very much for the kind and honest review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We will take your suggestion about offering a healthier breakfast- as well as address the issue of someone entering your room at night. Greetings from Karina- It was lovely to have met you, hope to see you back soon :)

The neighborhood may not be very safe but there were always some pedestrians on the road. I lived in a four person room. The first night was a disaster. One guy came back at 1 am and started to use computer...... But three nights after that is OK. you can take a decent shower. And you could also enjoy good breakfast for free every morning. Thats basically a nice trip for me!

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • China

Hello, we appreciate you reviewing our hostel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our amenities. We wish for you to come back visit soon :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7