The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

Easy to get to Manhattan, good area-plenty of bars and restaurants near by. Some staff weren't very welcoming/ friendly but overall good hostel.

• 25th Jan 2015

Really cool rooms, some hipster bars and cafés surrounding. Free breakfast is super handy (white toast, jam, peanut butter, cereals, milk, cereal, OJ, coffee available 24hrs, apples). Would recommend.

• 21st Jan 2015

Thanks so much for the kind review. Please visit us again :)

Great location. Staff were friendly. Was warm and comfortable and bathrooms were big. Best hostel I have found so far in NYC and will certainly stay here again.

Thank you for the kind and honest review! We look forward to seeing you again!

Great Hostel, I will back! Like at home.

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Spain

Thank you for your review! Please hurry back! :)

Good facilities but terrible location (definitely not as good as advertised). One day there was no breakfast. Would not recommend.

We appreciate your review. Our breakfast started a bit later that day but it was never cancelled. We hope to see you in the warmer months.

Overall, great hostel! Convenient to Manhattan, lots of activities and the free breakfast was awesome. Very clean, comfy rooms and it wasn't too loud at night. However, the thin curtains did let in a fair amount of morning light.

• 18th Jan 2015
  • lduncan8582247

Thank you for your honest and helpful review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! Please visit us again :)

Good facilities, terrible location. Almost empty in January. One day there was no breakfast. Would not recommend.

From my previous stay here 2 years ago to now, someone's really reduced quality while upping prices. Some staff are great; others have a poor attitude. The breakfast is really average; the in-room lockers are old, loud and rickety; the rooms themselves have been divided to be smaller (and more expensive); and the noise from the club they now have downstairs permeates every level. And the wifi is catastrophically laughable. I loved staying in the area, and used to rave about NYLH. But no longer.

We appreciate your honest review. We have since updated our wifi service to work much faster. We also offer our guests free ear plugs if the room they have is a bit noisy. We hope to see you very soon.

A bit far away from Manhatten but not too bad, the area around the hostel was a bit rough. Bar downstairs was cool and the subway was just round the corner.

Thank you for your honest and helpful review. We hope to see you back soon!

I have been traveling around the world for over two years now and this is one of the nicest hostels i have stayed at. Yes its expensive but defiantly get your moneys worth. I stayed in Manhattan for a few days then decided to stay out in Brooklyn for a change of scenery. Totally worth it.

Thanks so much for your kind review. We hope to see you back in NYC soon :)

The only problem me and my group had would be the cleanliness of the bathrooms as well as the room temperature. It was absolutely freezing even with blankets.v

• 8th Jan 2015

Thank you for taking the time out to review us. We will use your suggestions to help better our services. We hope to see you back very soon!

New York Loft Hostel is one of the best hostels I have ever been at.

• 7th Jan 2015

Thanks so much for your positive review! We couldn't be happier that you enjoyed your stay with us :)

really nice hostel with great atmosphere. the rooms were nice and clean. the bathrooms however, were a bit dirty. the free breakfast is great!

Thank you for you kind review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay!

A good hostel. It's easy to get to manhatten but takes about 30 mins on the subway. Rooms are spacious and nice. Met some cool people here.

Hey, Thanks for your kind review- we hope to see you back very soon :) Safe travels!

Few things to mention. They had the heat set so high that I would sweat while in my room. I mentioned it to the front desk and it never seemed to get better. As a result we had to keep the window open in the dorm which welcomed in all of the noise from the neighboring bars, people on the streets, cars, and worst of all ambulances passing by. I did not get much good sleep. The floors creek a bit but the building is obviously very old. Otherwise very well kept facility.Free breakfast! Has a bar!

• 31st Dec 2014

Hello, Thank you for reviewing us! We hope you enjoyed your stay with us and please visit us again soon! Happy travels!

i really liked everything... thanks ..

• 30th Dec 2014

Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you back in NYC very soon :)

Staff amaizingly welcoming ! You should do a association with Tutu's the bar i the next street and propose something like "if you stay 2 nights in the Hostel, 1 burger with 50% off"'

• 30th Dec 2014

Thanks very much for your kind review and great suggestion! Hope to see you back very soon :)

When we checked in we were charged more than the agreed price. The staffected seemed like it was a hassle to do their job. The room had a strong odour of cooking gas. When I asked the staff they said there was a problem with the boiler on the roof and it was leaking gas. They assured me that it was still 'safe'. Was disappointed with the facilities and service.

Hello, we appreciate your honest review. Pricing may have been effected due to tax add-ons. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We hope to see you back very soon!

The room is not what I expected to be when I had my reservation as it was a little bit small for 3 people in actual, but I had a good sleep. They got friendly staff, easy access to subway and nice environment. I'll definitely book in this place if I plan to see new york again... :-)

Thanks for your helpful review! Hope to see you soon!

Very nice hostel but expensive,I guess that's typical New York prices... Charging additional 3$ for storage after paying a fortune for the night in NYE wasn't nice. The breakfast has a poor selection of bread for toast but besides that is fine! Staff was extremelly friendly and always helpful! I would recommend it to a friend specially to explore lower and midtown Manhattan and Brooklyn as it's fairly close to the subway.

• Portugal

Hello Thank you for taking the time out to review our hostel. We appreciate your honesty and will take your suggestions into bettering our services. We hope to see you back in NYC soon! Happy New Year!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7