8.2
Fabulous 5,756 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 5,756 Total Reviews
The New York Loft Hostel Located at 249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York.
USA
New York New York 11206 249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY
82% 5756
40.7042778 -73.9336967
    Rooms available

• Australia, All Female Group, 25-30
29th Apr 2016
6.6

First night we had staff come into our room 5 times at 1.30am in the morning trying to sort out the spare bed in the room. Wifi was really bad constantly cutting out. Heating in the place was up so high we had to sleep in nothing and couldn't even sleep it was that hot. Wasn't the worst place I've stayed but def wasn't the greatest place.

• anyapep
  • England, Female, 18-24
21st Apr 2016

This is a really nice hostel with great facilities and the staff are really friendly and helpful! The location is great being only a couple of minutes walk from a station that takes you straight in to Manhattan, the journey really is not bad it wasn't a pain not being in Manhattan itself. The only bad things are that some of the rooms are very small and it was difficult with a full room, the lockers were also flimsy and not very secure.

• Iceland, Female, 25-30
3rd Apr 2016

I loved Loft Hostel. We shared a room with two other lovely women from Ireland and Germany. It's a brilliant location, having Morgan Av. Station almost just next door taking you to Manhattan or Bedford in few minutes. The bars around there are great too, specially Tutu's. I recommend having the beer & burger combo there. Next door to Tutu's is a very nice vintage store. The rooms are nice, beds comfy and the staff is really helpful. The internet is a bit slow in the rooms.

• alx0064
  • Mexico, Male, 25-30
30th Mar 2016

I checked in without any issue and was quickly in my room. There was an issue with the person who I was sharing the room with, but uthe staff were very flexible and were able to move me into another room right away. Overall, very helpful and friendly staff.

28th Mar 2016

Had a great time and made fantastic new friends in just a couple of hours! Liked the layout, staff was awesome, rad bar downstairs, bathroom en suite worked great, and enjoyed the bed lamp and wifi. Breakfast was basic (lots of carbs, some fruit) so just grabbed an apple. Chose the hostel for it's "fitness center" under amenities, but that refers to the gym across the street- $20 guest pass, bummer. However, will definitely be back! Area looks sketch outside subway but is totally fine:)

Hi, Thank you so much for your feedback! We worked to improve breakfast and we've done it in the past! Maybe because you woke up late you just got the last part of breakfast. I will check on that to make sure we are not running out of our delicious breakfast quickly! Did you enjoy of our free pizza night on Thursday's? Hope to see you back again soon!

• Australia, Male, 25-30
25th Mar 2016

The New York loft hostel has some amazing staff- incredibly helpful and friendly. The hostel is really funky and is well designed in the common areas. The wifi is pretty tricky or non existent in the rooms, but works really well in the common areas. The breakfast is wondeful and the location is really great. There is lots of funky bars about and very hipster joints- but let's be serious, no one comes to Williamsburg unless you want to make the most of this;)

Hi! Thank you for your honest feedback! We had issues with the internet in the past but now, we upgraded our wifi and is working properly! you should come check it out again =) So glad you enjoyed our costumer service! we constantly work on providing the best costumer service in town :) Hope to have you back again soon!!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
18th Mar 2016
8.0

Location is ok, a bit far away from Manhattan but very accesible via subway, also in a really cool area of Brooklyn with lots happening. Atmosphere was cool but seemed like there was a lot of people living in the hostel, could do with some daily activities. The bar is great. A bit expensive for what you get but in the end it is NYC, I would definitely stay again.

• emackinnon1003907169
  • USA, Male, 25-30
14th Mar 2016

Had a great time here. Its a little off the beaten path, but still a fun edgy area. The staff was very friendly and the facilities were great. There are a few great local bars very close , as well.

Hi there- Thank you so much for your feedback! Hopefully you can come back soon :)

8th Mar 2016
5.4

In an area that seemed relatively unsafe. Also, evening staff was somewhat standoffish and the hostel did not promote much of a social atmosphere, unlike other hostels I've been too. Furthermore, upon arrival the toilet was clogged and restroom unusable for the night. Overall, I've had much nicer stays at hostels that charged less.

Hi, We are very sorry you had that experience. We have social events every night and we are always thirsty to help! If the toilet is clogged you can let the staff know and you will be surprise how quickly we take care of it :) Hopefully you can come back soon! Cheers

• USA, Female, 31-40
27th Feb 2016

I had a great time at New York Loft Hostel. The staff were helpful and the hostel was nice and clean. The only complaint I have (other than the false fire alarm that woke me up at 1 AM - I would be mad but I was too sleepy) is the shower was so small it was hard to move around in. And the motion-sensor lights in the bathroom kept going off while I was in the shower so I kept having to open the shower door and wave at the light switch. But the bed was comfy and the atmosphere was really cool.

Hi there, Thank you so much for your helpful feedback. i will check immediately what happened on your bathroom that you have that inconvenient with the light. We had a little issue with the smoke detectors but was very quickly taken care off. Hopefully you can come stay with us again for the summer! so you can enjoy of our delicious free bbqs! Hope to see you soon, :)