The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, New York, USA

My friend and I got a private room and it was great! The lounge is really cool and they had great activities planned. The hostel is a short walk from the subway station and even at 12:30am we weren't uncomfortable walking in the neighborhood. I would highly recommend this hostel.

• 14th Apr 2014

Nice neighborhood, close to subway, really nice common areas. The rooms are also nice, good size, clean. Showers were not that clean. Two problem though: the price in the website is not the final price and it is really annoying. they charge 2$ for towel, 5$ for key (which they give back later) and taxes. I paid around 130$ for 2 nights - not very cheap. second - no hot water on 3 floor. when my roomate complained they said it was fixed, but nothing was fixed and she had to take shower on 2nd flo

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Israel

Hello Guest, Thanks for writing us a review! Sorry you were here went the water got a bit chilly but we were glad we could get it working so everyone could find a shower with some hot water. On the website and confirmation email it lets you know that the taxes are not included, but you can call ahead to ask us the final it will be. Best Wishes!

I have to rate security a little less than perfect and here is why. The locker in the room, perfect. As was the onsite security .. however if you put something in the fridge, go ahead and write your name on it, but don't plan on it being there later..... The hostel is in a great location. Only a couple blocks from the L train line. Which will take you 8 stops to Union Square. Couple of great places locally for some food or drink. Check out LuLu but PLEASE tip the staff.

• 11th Apr 2014

If you are used to staying in hostels, this one is fine. Maybe not the best ever, but there is no major problem. Bad points: No hot water for my shower Saturday morning. Bed very uncomfortable. Noisy club out front kept me up at night. Door slamming all night. You get what you pay for. Don't forget your towel.

Hello guest, Stop by the reception for complimentary earplugs if it is too loud in your room. We hope that your stay was everything that you needed and we hope to have you back! Best

The hostel was really nice. Exactly what I expected. A bed, locker and bath. The staff was really helpful and the cookout and breakfast was all you really needed to get through the day. The only draw back was how noisy the others were. The walls and floors are thin, and it got hot at night. I suggest cracked your window open and bring some ear plugs and you'll be fine.. Overall it's a great place for the money...

• 11th Apr 2014

Hello guest, We appreciate you writing us this great review. The BBQ's are usually the most popular communal event we offer and we are so glad that you enjoyed it. Come back soon!

NY Loft is a great place to stay while in NYC. It offers a good environment of friendly people and courteous staff that are willing to help in almost any situation. It is well located in a very quiet area of Brooklyn, minutes from NYC.. within easy walking distance of many good restaurants and bars, and also the Subway which runs to and from Manhattan 24/7. I enjoyed my stay and will def return whenever I am back in NYC again..

• 9th Apr 2014

I stayed during low season, but can highly recommend this hostel. I had a room fo three all to myself. Room was warm despite the large size and the weather being very bad. Everything was Clean, hostel in a quiet area , very helpful staff, subway was close. The hostel was also very quiet this time of year, and no lines to bathroom etc., but can imagine there being too few bathrooms if fully occupied

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

Hello, Thank you for writing us a positive review, come back soon! Best Regards

Really nice and tidy place in faaar-east Williamsburg. The area is a bit dodgy, but with personality. Nice restaurants and cafés nearby and liteally 2 minutes from the subway. Good deal.

Hello Guest, So happy that you ended up loving the area and that you approved of the cleanliness in the hostel! Come back soon

Nice place. First time at a hostel. It went nicely.

• 6th Apr 2014

Hello There, Thank you! We are so happy you liked the Hostel, we hope to have you back. Best Wishes!

Provision of a Friday night BBQ was excellent! And breakfast was a nice touch.

• 4th Apr 2014

It would be wonderful if breakfast extends until 10 am, Because 6-9 is too short time.

Hello, Thanks so much for writing us a review and giving us your feedback, we will take your suggestion under consideration! Best Regards

Because it's clean, the staff are great (24-hour reception is really useful) and it's in a really interesting neighbourhood.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Staff super friendly and helpfull!

• 3rd Apr 2014

Hey there, Thanks for staying with us! We love hearing that the front desk was helpful with directions and suggestions on things to do in New York, it's important to us that our guests feel comfortable and prepared when heading out to the city. Come back soon!

A really nice hostel

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Poland

Hello, We really appreciate you writing this comment and your business. Come back soon!

The staff were all very helpful. The facilities were fantastic and i loved the 3 bed dorm rooms. Some music in the main common area would an easy way to add to the atmosphere. The only thing that could be improved on would be the bathroom ventilation. The bathroom floors were always very damp. Other than that though i have nothing negative to say.

• 1st Apr 2014

Hello, My staying in TNYLH was just a one-night-sleep. So, I don´t have much to say. But for the time I spent there, everything worked really fine. I arrived at the hostel at 12 o'clock, but I was supposed to be there only by 03h00. No problem, they kept my luggage at their storage room at no charge. So, we got time to get around NY and come back later for check-in. I totally recomend the TNYLH and hope to get back there soon. Marcelo

• 30th Mar 2014

Hey there, We love seeing reviews like this and that you appreciated the staff and luggage room! Come back another time and stay for more than one night, our BBQ's movie nights and pub crawls are all very fun! Best!

I would have rated it higher on some things, the overall cleanliness was excellent, but our room wasn't cleaned at all when we checked in. Also our room was hotter than hell, it was hard to sleep. Our A/C unit wasn't cutting it, when the heater was on in the building, it was hot!

• 28th Mar 2014

Hostel is very comfortable place with lovely staff. you can find small shops and a club nearby, but my biggest pleasure was from the health food shop (Organica). I can really recommend this hostel in NY. If I travel to NY in my future I´ll stay there.

Hello, Thank you for writing us a review, we appreciate the feedback!! The health Food shop is a popular place among our guests, so delicious and nearby! See you when you return!

Small but quiet room. Good facilities.

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Belgium

Loved it. Especially the fact that it was easily accessible from the subway ("L" train), there were cool shops right outside, the staff were very friendly, and it was awesome meeting all those people!

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Philippines

Hello Guest, We hope that you had an amazing time during your trip and that we were able to make things easier when it came to directions and being comfortable. We especially love hearing that you made some new friends from around the world, that's the best part about hostels! It was a pleasure to have you here and we look forward to having you back. Best Regards, NYLH

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6