The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

It was great the garden and rec room was really cool

It needs to be cleaned a little more. Also, the facilities seem run down a little.

• 25th Aug 2015

The best thing about this hostel is definitely the atmosphere: a great backyard with free breakfast, BBQ, happy hour and a basement bar. It's a great place to meet a lot of people! Bars around the hostel are awesome, and even if you feel like exploring other places at night, you can easily take the L train to the center of Williamsburg. Rooms and the lobby are very well-decorated, although the staff can be more welcoming and helpful. It's a fantastic experience staying here!! Highly recommended!

• 25th Aug 2015
  • China

Nice hostel in the middle of a hipster area and close to subway for those looking to tour around New York

• 23rd Aug 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at the New York loft hostel, everyone was really friendly and helpful. I would stay there again.

My 12 year old daughter and I LOVED the New York Loft Hostel. Very comfortable, safe, and convenient. THANKS

• 20th Aug 2015

Excellent hostel. i was worried about the bar being noisy, but I was on the top floor and didn't hear it at all. my room had an ensuite which was cleaned daily. The ac worked. The breakfast was toast or cereals, if you got there early there is fruit and juice. It did the job. The locations dinex it's on the l and half hour walk from west ?williamsburg? Staff were fine but not overly helpful and there was only one person on reception when we were trying to check out.

Not very clean Dirty bathroom Dirty sheets Staff unfriendly Location is not good

I loved staying here. Comfortable beds, bathrooms in rooms, where possible they seem to avoid having bunks which is great! The happy hour drinks in the courtyard every day are delicious and cheap. The staff are friendly and helpful, as are the guests. Air conditioning works great. Right near a subway station. I would definitely stay here again. Thanks !!

A private room was very small with a very small bathroom (we used the other bathroom) to avoid the floor getting wet continually. Location was good as very close to a subway station which was a 10 minute tube journey into Manhattan and all the 'tourist' destinations. The hostel was also very close to a bar and a few restaurants. The room was not particularly clean.I felt the price was slightly over priced.

• Wales

Loved staying here! Two problems with it. Location and the WIFI!!! Otherwise was an amazing stay with friendly staff and guests.

• 17th Aug 2015

I was only passing through between flights. People were nice and back yard was very nice.

• 17th Aug 2015

Thank you! Come back soon and stay longer :)

Loved the location, big fan of BK and this put me right in the soul of it.

We are so happy you loved Brooklyn! Hurry back and visit us again!

The beds were comfy and we met a lot of great people here. The breakfast is great! Great outdoor garden but you are not allowed to drink your own drinks. The long tables in the garden makes it easy to make friends. We stayed in a 4-bed dorm and they only had 2 lockers so first come first served. They really should have 4 lockers!! Kind of far from Manhattan but great for exploring Williamsburg and Brooklyn. The internet is the worst I've ever experienced! It was impossible to use at many times!

The staff was really nice and overall, the hostel was quite clean. There is a good atmosphere and the common space is great to meet other people. However, wifi was slow.

• 15th Aug 2015

Thank you for your helpful feedback! We do hope to see you back soon! We have since upgraded our internet connection. Happy travels!

Really funky hostel in a great non-Manhattan location. Good aircon. Needed more power outlets in the small dorms. Good activities and places to hang out, although bar downstairs a little pricey. All in all would happily stay again!

We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you back in the Big Apple very soon! Happy travels!

You need to fix your internet of increase the bandwidth, sorry but you got to!

Thank you for your helpful suggestion! We appreciate your feedback

The building was nice and clean, the staff was friendly and helpful. The room and bathroom were very clean.

• 14th Aug 2015

Thank you for your positive review. We couldn't be happier that you enjoyed your stay. We wish to see you back very soon :)

The place is really good if you want to meet new people. I really loved there outdoor area with long tables and what not. The rooms weren't that good and the bathrooms was super small, you could barely wash you face in the sink because it was so small. But I was staying in a two bedroom so maybe the bathrooms are bigger in other rooms. The location is great and Brooklyn is amazing. Its heaps of cool bars and shops in the area or just a couple of subway stops away. Overall awesome hostel

The common areas were really big and great (although it gets noisy). The room was more or less ok but: the sheets weren't super clean, it was impossible to open the window and that made impossible to "cool" and change a little bit the air of the room (so during the night it got super hot and thus, pretty uncomfortable). Bathrroms were ok. The staff was ok, friendly and averagely efficient. Overall, we had a nice stay, although those cleaning and ventilation issues could be improved.

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Spain

We appreciate you taking the time out to review us. We will take your suggestions to help better our services. We hope to see you back in the near future :) Happy travels!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7