The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

Overall a good place to stay. The place is clean and there is a lovely place to chill out in the back. However, my pet peeve about this place is that the wifi ceases to work or is abysmally slow. It's almost non-existence in the rooms on the upper levels.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

Thanks so much for your feedback- we will take your suggestions to help better our services! Please visit us again soon :)

Very pleasant stay, comfortable bed and I 2as in nice spacious 3 bed room. Would recommend to other travellers. Handy for the subway.

Thanks for the kind review!

Great looking hostel in a convenient location. Only suggestion would be to have bigger lockers in the rooms for those who are travelling for longer time as I could only fit a smaller backpack in mine. Also didn't really see any tours/suggestions of what to do. Common areas really nice, great stay in summer.

We appreciate your helpful feedback. We will take in to consideration your suggestions! Hope to see you back in the big apple soon :)

The internet connection is painfully slow, and if you have to get work done using the internet regularly, it can be very frustrating. With many guests who rely on the internet, It would be wise to update the speed and access of the internet connection. Otherwise, many things about the hostel are good. They do not crowd you in a room with too many beds, and the rooms are nice with the exposed brick.

Thanks for the helpful feedback! We hope to see you back very soon!

Location was a little sketchy at times but overall not too bad. Outdoor terrace area was nice. Bar in the basement was small and not cheap but still nice to have. Rooms were a little small but beds were pretty comfortable. No mirror in the bathroom or in the room but the communal bathrooms had mirrors. Staff weren't very friendly but didn't seem to affect my stay.

We appreciate your feedback. We will take your suggestions to help better our services. We hope to see you back very soon! Happy travels!

Can't bring outside alcohol in because they have a bar, which is understandable... but the bar is super expensive. The ladies at breakfast are amazing and sooo nice!! Also have to be patient with the wifi, it'll work eventually. Still a fantastic hostel though

We appreciate your feedback! So glad you enjoyed your stay!! Please visit us again soon.

Fun! It is cool cause it has both elements of being a relaxed and more lively hostel - you can be quiet and merry - or have a few drinks, meet people amd have fun. Highlight was playing at the open mic night in the basement bar :-)

Hey! Thanks for the kind words! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We love when our guests become the stars of the bar! Please visit us again soon! Happy travels.

It was great! I love all the art painted on the walls and doors. Would totally stay there again;)

• 9th Jul 2015

Hey! Thanks for the kind words- We can't wait for you to visit us again soon!

Really liked the hostel. It was a shame that we weren't allowed to bring in our own alcohol (I guess it was to do with licensing laws). The hostel itself was great, but there weren't any further activities organised during our stay other than a BBQ that was average.

Thanks for the feedback! We appreciate your insight and hope you can come back to visit us soon!

I got highly upset with this hostel. I had booked for 2 days and informed the hotel upon check in that I would only need 1 night they still charged me for both nights. The Hostel Employee also was a bit rude and cold.

We appreciate your feedback. Our hostel has a 24-hour cancellation policy that is noted when you make your reservation. We hope to see you back soon so we can show you a great time in Brooklyn! Happy travels!

Unfriendly staff, early check-out time, they were not interested in helping out at all. Didn't pay back 5 USD key deposit because of late checkout (that correlation wasn't mentioned anywhere).

• 3rd Jul 2015

Thank you for your review. We are saddened that you did not enjoy your stay. Our late-check out policy is mentioned in all of our rooms. We hope that you can come back so we can change your mind about our friendly hostel! Happy travels!

A very good place to stay in new York

Thank you for your kind words- please visit us again soon!

This is an ideal place if you travel alone to NY, believe me.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Thanks for the helpful feedback! Hope to see you back very soon! Happy travels!

I had a positive experience and a good stay during my time here. I was a bit worried about how loud it would get at night with so much hanging out on the back patio right by my dorm window but things calmed down by a reasonable hour to go to sleep.

• 26th Jun 2015

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you back soon!

It was the cleaniest and coziest hostel I've ever been to. tidy and confortable rooms, nice bathrooms and a beautiful backyard. Breakfast is inclueded and It was ok. Also the staff was always eager to help. The biggest problem was the distance to Manhattan. It takes about 40 minutes to get to 14 street station by subway. The neighboorhood is hipster and trendy, with cool bars and thirft shops, but I had to walk a lot to find a pharmacy and a convenience store. Anyway, nice stay!

• 21st Jun 2015

Brilliant hostel, well set up and just great!

• 20th Jun 2015

Thanks so much! Hope to see you back soon!

This was a very well set up hostel, I stayed in a 4-bed room which was very spacious & had its own bathroom. Breakfast was good, I really didn't spend much time at the hostel as I was busy sightseeing but every interaction with staff members was positive.

• 19th Jun 2015

The nightly rate is very high however the hostel does have a great atmosphere and comfortable, spacious dorms. The staff were friendly however the cleaners were rude and obnoxious at times barging into dorms early in the morning without knocking and proceeding to loudly talk amongst each other while myself and guests were sleeping. The free breakfast every morning was average. Just toast and cereal. However the location is the greatest feature of this hostel! The subway is minutes away.

Thank you for your feedback. We will use all your suggestions to help better our services. We hope to see you back very soon!

Really nice vibe, and lots of great people.

Thanks so much! We hope to see you back very soon! Happy travels!

Great place, clean, neat, very close to Morgan Ave. subway station. OK In terms of the value for the money.

Thank you for your honest review. Our goal is to provide our customers with an amazing NYC experience. We hope to see you back soon!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6