The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

Brilliant hostel, well set up and just great!

• 20th Jun 2015

Thanks so much! Hope to see you back soon!

Great place, clean, neat, very close to Morgan Ave. subway station. OK In terms of the value for the money.

• 18th Jun 2015

Thank you for your honest review. Our goal is to provide our customers with an amazing NYC experience. We hope to see you back soon!

Don't be put off by the first impression as you get off the subway - explore before you make a judgement. This is an upcoming trendy area and the hostel fits in well. It is very friendly and clean and despite previous comments I could my hear the noise from the live music The room I was in was for 3 and it was spacious with a large private bathroom. Price was higher than other places I have visited but hey, you are in New York and prices are generally higher there. All in all, a good place.

Thank you for your kind words! We really appreciate your feedback and hope to see you back in NYC soon! :)

The amazing staff is why I stayed in the city an extra three days. The amenities were amazing and it is located in such fun part of town. I only wish it was be little more affordable so I could have stayed longer.

• 14th Jun 2015

Thanks so much for the great feedback! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Please visit us again!

The hostel has a grungy sort of a feel and is in a hipster area of Brooklyn. I think it really depends on your tastes as to what you make of it. I wasn't a huge fan of the area, but then again I was only there two nights so maybe it grows on you! It was very close to the subway though so quick to get into Manhattan. Also cheaper than a lot of hostels in Manhattan. Even though it wouldn't be my normal choice of hostel, I met some cool people and enjoyed my stay here.

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Brooklyn. Hope to see you back shortly!

I wasn't there long, but I had an excellent time. The staff was helpful, and in no time at all I made friends with a number of interesting people from around the world. My only quibble: it was hot that weekend, and our air conditioner was a bit weak. Other than that, absolutely no complaints.

• 12th Jun 2015

Thanks for much for the awesome review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and hope you visit us again soon! Happy travels!

pretty good hostel. but as far as I remember, it is said this hostel has a gym in it. but There is no gym there.

Thanks for the review! We do have a gym that is across the street that gives our customers a discounted rate! :) hope to see you back soon.

The lockers were tiny, absolutely tiny. The beds weren't changed when I checked in, even though it was 4:30pm. I booked a four bed and they put me in a five bed. And the night manager was just utterly incapable--he was slow and unhelpful in resolving any issues. Having said that, the location is great and convenient for Brooklyn and the building was pretty clean.

• 6th Jun 2015

Thank you for reviewing us! We will take your suggestions to help better our services. We hope to see you back very soon!

The building is under construction and in my room it smelled like that. The top of my toom was not finished and there was no atmosphere in my room. Additionally I took a 10 minutes shower once and the light switched off 10 times because the light is enabled and disabled automatically and the sensor for the light does not catch youre movements in the shower. The breakfast was good and the employees were friendly, probably a good place to go in the future, when they are finished building.

We appreciate your review and your patience as we are finishing up our hostel improvements! We hope to see you back shortly. Happy travels!

Missing towels

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

Hello, thank you for your review. We provide towels at the front desk for a $2.00 one time fee. Our private rooms also have towels free of charge! Hope to see you again soon!

Great value for money. One of the nicest and most spacious hostels I have stayed in. Location is good, close to a station on the easily navigatable L-train line in funky Williamsburg. Highly recommend this hostel

Great hostel, I enjoyed staying in Brooklyn. I didn't realise the live band would be directly under my room though. Maybe it should be stated when you book your room. I was super tired each day so it didn't affect me too much. Overall very clean and spacious.

• 28th May 2015

Thanks for the honest and helpful review! We hope to see you back in NYC again!

Really enjoyed the stay. I was me and 2 buddies and we reserved one ensuite private room for 3. Amenities were great from the funky decor to outside patio with kitchen and coffee machine. I drove to the location and the side street had abundant spaces. Nearby there was good dining/drinking options like Tutu's and 983 Living Room. Public transportation-wise there is the L train that can get us to Manhattan. Would definitely stay here again if I am back in Brooklyn

Thanks for the awesome review! We are so happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us! Happy travels!

A great place to stay, cool people and good atmosphere. The (small) payment for luggage storage after checking out is unnecessary in my opinion

Thanks for the review! We hope to see you back soon!

Very fun stay but often the showers would be cold

The breakfast - very basic breads and spreads. No eggs, no ham no cheese etc. Orange juice was always empty no matter the time. The room - we booked a three bed dorm room, a girl was put into our room we raised this issue with the front desk. Only to be told that we had booked a "dorm" and this was our mistake - Despite it being advertised as a three bed dorm. When asking for a resolution petty threats were made. Such as we would have to be split up or check in and out everyday Do not stay her

Hello, Thank you for reviewing us. We can only guarntee guests to be allocated together if a private room is reserved. An extra bed was in the room so that the whole party could stay together and a refund was also distributed to each guest. We do hope to see you back soon! Happy travels!

I was very concerned about the security of my car. I had to park around the corner in a desolate area. Also it was VERY noisy late into the night because of the live band downstairs. Maybe warn people. Ear plugs worked though. Other than that I thought the facility was very nice, attractive and unique. Loved the beautiful courtyard area and it was great to have breakfast included although maybe some healthier options would be better then white bread and sugary cereals.

• 22nd May 2015

Thank you for your honest and helpful review. We will take your suggestions to help better our services. Please visit soon! Happy travels!

We really enjoyed our stay in New York. It was great staying in that area of town, so close to Williamsburg, but also easy to get to Manhattan. Anywhere else in the world the room would've been overpriced, but for New York, it was good value! Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Thanks for your great review! We couldn't be happier that you enjoyed your stay! Please visit us soon! Happy travels!

The hotel has a nice location (close to the metro station) and the rooms and facilities are totally fine (clean bathrooms and linens). However, the staff wasn't exactly nice. The boys that stands during the evening are extremely helpful, but I cannot tell the same about the staff that attends the reception desk during the day.

• 18th May 2015

We appreciate your honest review and will take your suggestions to help better our services. We hope to see you back very soon!

Very nice place, the back yard and patio are great, and I really enjoyed the comedy show. The only things missing were in the bathroom: no towel rack, nowhere to put my soap in the shower, nowhere to hang my clothes in the bathroom. These are details, but they're pretty practical to have!

• 17th May 2015

We appreciate your helpful review! We will use your suggestions to help better our services! Hope to see you back very soon!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6