The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

I've never seen a staff so eager and helpful. Really made my stay worthwhile. Comfortable rooms, complimentary breakfast, excellent decor/atmosphere, live events, and the aforementioned great staff. You couldn't ask for more.

• 15th Jan 2016

Wow! So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! :) Our main goal is great customer service. We hope to see you back again!

The New York Loft Hostel is very good with a good price and in a good place. Some front desk clerk can be more smart.

• 14th Jan 2016

Hi! Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your review and we will work on getting better every day! Hope to see you back soon!

Had a very nice 3 night stay at the hostel. The room layout was comfortable and it was nice having a bathroom for the dorm. Only problem is that the fan is really noisy if someone uses it when you are sleeping. Staff were very helpful and the free breakfast was fantastic - a huge selection of fruit, bread, cereal, juice, coffee and you can help yourself.

Thank you for your helpful review! We hope to see you back soon!

i''ve been in 4 hostels in new york, this is the best hostel tha i have been in nyc. sadly ios located in brooklyn. They have a very good staff that they could help u in any need, they have a big kitchen where u can meet ppl staying in the hostet. its pretty clean, and facilities are pretty good. i would recommend this hostel!.

Thanks for the great review :) We hope to see you back very soon!! :)

Hostel did not indicate there are all night latin dance parties going down. Cheap buggers also requested a 10 USD deposit for the room cards but once returned the useless staff has yet to return the deposit to my credit card. It is pathetic when a business tries to squeeze out extra money like this.

Please accept our apologies and the key deposit that has now been refunded back to your account. We wish you safe and happy travels!

Great atmosphere in common areas. Easy to meet other travellers.

• 24th Dec 2015

Thanks for the helpful feedback! Hurry back soon :)

The pillows could have been a bit newer. The building and the amenities the hostel offered were nice.

• 19th Dec 2015

Thanks for the helpful review! Hope to see you back very soon!

Maybe I was not lucky during my stay, or maybe this is just how the hostel is all the time. I was unlucky enough to stay at the second floor, in a room by the side of the building, just above the hostel's bar. I could not get any sleep literally from 9PM until 4AM as I could listen to every single drum beat going on at the bar. My locker had a loose lock, which worried me a lot during the day. The location is alright, but still far away from Manhattan (takes aprox. 20 min to get there).

We appreciate your review- we apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay. We would have been happy to upgrade you to another room upon request. We hope to see you back soon!

I thought it was a very nice hostel. Friendly staff. Very clean and nice.

Thanks so much for the positive review! We hope to see you soon!

Two out of three of the staff could not be less helpful or even professional.

We are sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory interaction while staying with us. We will address the matter with our staff so this will never occur again. We hope to see you back soon.

very nice hostel, comfortable beds, own restroom in the room, though waterpreassure in shower is very low.

Thanks for the honest feedback! We will take your suggestions to help better our services. Hurry back soon!

This was the first hostel I've been to where the staff were not helpful identifying things to do or places to eat nearby which was disappointing. The location, although in Williamsburg, is actually not close to much interesting. At least you can grab the subway easily. The place itself is great though, it's clean, has everything you need and overall was a great place to stay.

Thanks for the feedback- we are sorry to hear that you didn't receive the proper help from our staff. We assure you that quality customer service if our main goal here. We hope to see you back soon so we can show you this :)

Basic but comfortable room (3b female room) and shared bathroom. The room had 3 single beds and plenty of space. Nice breakfast included with plenty of food options. A free pizza night on the night I arrived was a nice surprise (Thursday)

Thanks for the positive review! We are glad you enjoyed your time with us! We hope to see you back shortly :)

Our bedroom door was left open one day by the cleaners so when we came home that night it was open. Luckily none of our belongings were taken. However my friends suitcase lock was tampered with in the storage room.

• 3rd Dec 2015

Thank you for your feedback. We suspect that this occurred on accident- our staff regard our guests privacy and personal belongings in a very professional and honest manner. We do hope to see you back very soon!

They have someone at the reception 24 hours. Subway is close. The ladies that work at the kitchen are very nice. It is quiet. For all ages. They have elevator. We had to pay 2 dollars for each towel, but we could change everyday. The wifi was not very good. :/ We didn't have hair dryer in our room, I saw a girl asking for one downstairs but I don't know if she paid for it. The water for shower was kind of cold. Anyway, I liked and would recommend/ come back.

• 1st Dec 2015

Thank you for your helpful feedback! We hope you enjoyed your stay! Our hairdryers are free to borrow :) Hope to see you back soon!

Best Thing was the Basement Bar and the free Thanksgiving Diner. Really Delicous!!

• 25th Nov 2015
  • Austria

Thanks so much! We are so glad you enjoyed yourself during the holidays :) Christmas and New Years are also a treat! Hope to see you there :)

My experience at NYLH was wonderful. All of my needs were met, the staff was always available and extremely helpful. I also really enjoyed their interior design, looking forward to being back!

• 24th Nov 2015
  • Belarus

Thanks for the positive feedback- we couldn't be happier that you enjoyed your stay :) hurry back soon!

The NY loft was such a wonderful place. After staying in Manhattan a week in a crowded room with no ambience, I came here on the recommendation of a friend, and was extremely happy I did so. This place was the perfect hostel, clean, comfortable, social, fun.

• 24th Nov 2015

Thanks so much for the kinds words. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Please visit us again soon :)

Fantastic location if you want to explore Brooklyn. Only a 20 minute subway into central Manhattan, but an expensive taxi ride back if you can't be bother to use the subway. Great atmosphere and very clean. Great breakfast!

Very easy access to Manhattan Excellent bar and breakfast!:) And bed was quite comfortable!

• 20th Nov 2015
  • Hungary

Thanks for the great feedback! Hope to see you in the big apple soon!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5