The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

Amazing place and amazing people! I love every single thing of it as a hostel.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • China

While the general cleanliness and access to a full kitchen impressed me, the various charges for things did not. I've stayed in countless hostels and not once did I ever have to pay to rent a towel or pay to store my bag for the day. When I arrived there werent blankets on the bed, luckily I brought my own because I probably would have to rent that too. The wifi was atrocious and barely worked half the time. The staff was very helpful and friendly and my room was comfortable; would stay again.

• 19th Nov 2014

Hello, We appreciate your honesty in reviewing our Hostel. Our towel rental is a $2.00 fee but we refresh them for the entirety of the stay. If requested, we provide free blankets for our guests. We hope to see you back very soon. Safe travels!

The hostel is pretty good, but there were issues with late night/early morning partyers keeping people awake on my floor, the two dollar rental of towels is strange and unnecessary, and it didn't seem as though the bathrooms were cleaned very regularly. Otherwise the location is great with lots of character and the breakfasts are excellent.

• 15th Nov 2014

Hey! Thanks for your honest and helpful review! We hope to see you back very soon! Safe travels :)

Really cool place, near to an L train stop that takes you straight into central manhattan in 10 mins. On first arrival the road felt a little bit like a back street but once you acclimatise you see that much of this area - Williamsburg is very industrial still with lorries and cement works mixed in amongst luxury lofts and lovely little (somewhat hidden away) shops, bars and mini malls, as well as cool vintage shops. Would def return to this hostel - had everything you'd need inc laundry

• 15th Nov 2014

Thank you for your honest and descriptive review! We hope to see you back very soon!

Nice and clean Hostel. Cool staff. Metro L line is only 2 Minuten away.

• 15th Nov 2014

Hey! We are so glad you enjoyed your travels with us! Please visit us again :) Cheers!

The front desk staff were great.

• 15th Nov 2014

Hey! Thank you for your kind review- we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you very soon :) Cheers!

Cool bar in the dungeon. Lots of activities. Most of the staff were friendly and helpful. Very clean place. Stayed there on two separate occasions on my trip to the USA / NYC.

Hey! We appreciate you taking the time out to review our hostel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and please come back soon :)

Check it out. When I go to NYC I don't spend much time lying down in my hotel room. So why pay hundreds$$? I just need a safe clean spot to rest my head. NY loft hostel was perfect. They answered all my questions along the way, its clean, and actually really cool. I've been everywhere...you will be safe and comfortable staying here!

• 14th Nov 2014

Hey! Thanks so much for your kind and honest review. We couldn't be happier that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please hurry back soon :)

Location is great. Cool neighborhood, sub station as close as it gets, you get to Bedford ave in Bkl or to downtown Manhattan in less than 15 mins. Facilities and staff are OK, ambiance is good, nice people to talk at the kitchen/living room (the expected is such a kind of hostel in NYC). Price is ok, given you are in NYC paying approx 15% taxes...I would definately recommend it / go back

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Great place, I like choosing from a 4 to a 16 person room, at different prices. Loved the ambiance. Food staff were wonderful. Please thank them again for me. All staff tremendously helpful and friendly. Biggest negative = very strong insecticide smell. We had the window open the entire time we were there, and it never went away. Heat was on all the time. Some mattresses need replacing ASAP. If I had to sleep on the 1st one, I'd have a negative review, despite all the strengths above.

• 12th Nov 2014

Hello! Thank you for your kind and honest review- we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and we will take you suggestions to help better our services. We hope to see you very soon :) Cheers!

It was my third visit. I like the place. However, the guy at the reception tried to cheat me on returning me the deposit for the key. However, I will visit the place in the future because it is also quite convenient.

Hello, Thank you for your review- we appreciate your honesty. The receptionist must have been confused that you were departing at that moment- We value great customer service and assure you that this incident will never occur again. We hope to see you back very soon :)

Booked 3 bed room with 3 people but they split us up... Said they'd sort us out later in the trip and didn't. Otherwise a very good hostel

My stay was great! Cool mix of people staying in the hostel, and the newly little club in the basement made it a lot of fun. Location is convenient since is beside of a subway station. There's a lot of cool stuff around: cool bars, the awesome pizzeria Roberta's, the japanese Momo, Swallow coffee shop, a bio store, a small market, artists all around. The only bad thing is that there was no hot water for shower twice.

• 6th Nov 2014

Greetings! We are so glad you enjoyed your time in the city! We wish to see you back very soon :)

Been to many hostels in new York, we have been going here for the past 4 years, this has been the best one so far!

• 6th Nov 2014

Hello, we appreciate your kind and honest review. We hope to see you back soon in beautiful Brooklyn! Cheers!

The loft has the potential to be the greatest hostel ever with facilities etc, but the staff are so aloof and do nothing to bring people together. I relied on a long term guest for most useful information. The place is immaculate though.

Hello, Thank you for taking the time out to review us- we appreciate your honesty and will take your suggestions to help better our services. Our main goal is excellent customer service so we hope to see you back soon to these changes in effect.

Only negative point : having a mezzanine as a living room above the kitchen which makes it hard to watch movies as people in the kitchen are very loud. Otherwise perfect !! Thank you !!

• 1st Nov 2014

Hey- thanks for the helpful suggestion- we appreciate your review and hope to see you back very soon! Happy travels!

Will definitely recommend this spot. All the staff were lovely and so patient!!

• 31st Oct 2014

Hey- Thanks for your kind words- we were happy to have you stay with us and hope to see you back soon :)

I was so impressed by my first stay at the New York Loft Hostel, and I'll be back! It's a fantastic concept that has been executed beautifully. I felt safe, loved the neighborhood, enjoyed the free activities offered on site, and made some very interesting new friends who I will keep. Please bring your great concept to Los Angeles next!

• 29th Oct 2014

Hey! Thanks so much for your kind review! We hope to see you back soon and maybe we will bring our services to California one day :) Cheers!

Enjoyed our stay. Good communal areas in the hostel. Nice rooms. Short walk to the train station and staff very helpful. Would stay here again. Excellent wifi.

Nice hostel and very friendly staff. Close to the subway in a nonresidential area of Brooklyn - I had no problems walking back after midnight and never felt unsafe, but my nervous roommate felt the area was a bit dark and dodgy.

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Hey! Thanks so much for the kind and honest review! We are over the moon that you enjoyed yourself :) We hope you visit us soon! Safe travels!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7