The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

The air condition was too loud, but the breakfast was really delicious! ;)

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Hungary

The best hostel I have stayed at NY. As everything there is too expensive, and if you already know Manhattan, it worth staying in NY Loft Hostel and explore Brooklyn. But this is too close to the subway station, so you can easilly go to manhattan as well. Nice hostel.

Awesome hostel - would highly recommend it especially if you want to meet people! The facilities are amazing and so easy to make friends. Best stay at a hostel I've ever had! Really easy to get to the city too and into Wburg!

• 21st Aug 2014

Good location, close to Morgan Avenue on the L train. Rooms were clean and atmosphere at hostel was good! Would recommend to young travellers going to New York.

• 20th Aug 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you back soon!

Staff were unhelpful - I stood at the desk being ignored and they were very unhelpful regarding how to get to certain places or do certain things. Price was way to expensive especially as the bathrooms were no that clean. Place was a rip off. Wifi uncertain. Unable to bring in own drink and they only sold small beers for £5. Felt they were squeezing every penny they could from the minute you walk in

Very much liked the decorations throughout the hostel (Batman, Spiderman, Superman, adorning the elevators.) Each room has a different New York icon. I was happy to be in Chinatown rather than next door in the NY Yankee room (but the Groucho Marx room was my favorite. One quibble, was that Al Capone on the Wiseguys door? He was a Chicago guy.) The breakfast was fine and the staff was helpful and friendly.

• 18th Aug 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you back soon!

building is great, new and well arranged just like the pictures. rooms are not enough cleaned though, could be better cared and the wifi sign is very low in them.

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you back soon!

This is a professional place, a big one. Staff should be prepared to give some informations about the city and what to do, maybe a kind of map from the region. Staff in recepcion is not really usefull. Not every bathrooms had a locking door. Bar have only a few options of alcohol. The most annoying thing: you must pay for the luggage room in your last day, even for a few hours. That is the most irritating thing I ve seen in all my life in hostels.

I did not like that I had to change my room in the middle of my stay for no reason. At first I was checked in a room that was already fully booked, than I got a bed in a different room for a night and had to moove later, that did not makle sense at all. In the new room there was a locker missing (5rooms , 4 lockers (room 105)) - I asked the staff to get the missing locker - they told me that they will di it ASAP but it never happend - that"s why I think the staff did a very poor job this weekend

• 14th Aug 2014

Thank you for taking the time our to review our hostel. Our number one priority is customer service and we will take your critique to better our Hostel.

A group of 3 of us stayed at this hostel whilst travelling after summer camp, be aware, the taxi drivers from the airport may not know where the road is, and when you are driving through Brooklyn you look like you are in the middle of nowhere, but when you get to the hostel it's definitely worth it! 3 blocks from a subway station that gets you right to the centre. The staff even moved bookings round when we got there to fit us in the same room, even though it wasn't what was on the booking!

• 13th Aug 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you back soon!

Accommodation basic but comfortable. Hostel is in a lively area, so can be noise from outside at night. Communal facilities very pleasant and adequate free breakfast. Close to subway (L), so easy access to Manhattan and plenty of good cafes and bars in the neighbourhood.

Thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you back soon!

5 min walk from the metro station, which was not bad. there was a bar in the building - the live concert on Fridays was fun. I traveled alone, so I felt the cheerful (?) music sounded like they welcomed me. the balcony on the 3 rd fl was cute -- i read kindle at night there. the only downside was that the music from the bar was heard in my room. I had a headset/ear plug, so it did not bother my sleep that much though.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your input and are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you soon!

my first impression was "oh! here isn't residential area but warehouse/industrial area." but I could recognize that here is relatively safe and clean. my room with restroom and shower was clean and decent. I liked breakfast and barbecue party that I met a lot of good friends from different countries. If you want to find more amusing spots, then I will recommend Bedford Ave. area. Staff were very helpful. by the way, i was very annoyed by noises from other buildings on Friday and Saturday night.

I really enjoyed staying in this hostel,very nice personal,everything you need for to stay if you travel.Perfect location,close to subway.Exellent place at all.Thank you very much!I will be back this place next time for sure.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Russia

Thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you back soon!

the staff is very rude the ones that I talk with were very unapproachable. they were rude and unhelpful..

• 6th Aug 2014

I stayed in a smaller private room - the beds comfortable, the roommates were considerate and kept to themselves. There was a bar and an outdoor area with a barbeque the hostel threw for the dwellers which was fun. The atmosphere was convivial and international. The neighborhood is industrial and the community consists of artists and cool kids and there seemed to be something going on behind those doors. Cafes in the area are funky and charming. Food trucks line the street in the evening

• 6th Aug 2014

Thank you for your kind review- we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you soon!

The staff was very friendly. There was plenty of seating in the patio area. My only complaint is the mattresses on the bunk bed were brutally hard and therefore uncomfortable.

• 5th Aug 2014

There were not a lot of Hostel organised events that I've experienced at other hostels, for example pub crawls or walking tours which help to meet people. I would have also liked to have more travel materials available, I was only given a small subway map when asked and a larger map would have been great.

This hostel is the best !!! It's not that far from center and all what u need it's around hostel. Rooms are very nice, clean, staff's very friendly. U'll love it.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

Shower was cold the last 2 days. Free breakfast was mostly just cereal and air bread toast. Beyond that, a very nice stay, with free BBQ on Wednesday and Friday, grand opening of the Downstairs Bar, and a relaxed environment with lots of international travelers to meet.

• 2nd Aug 2014