The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

Overall this was a pretty nice hostel to stay in. My only complaints are that one, my linens seemed rather far from 'clean' with a few questionable spots and lots of different colored hairs, and two, the location. It was thankfully very close to a great restaurant/bar (Tutus - definitely check it out!) and the subway, but if you're interested in walking anywhere or attempting to hail a taxi... good luck. However, the facilities were nice, the staff friendly, and I definitely felt safe.

• 20th Apr 2014

Hello Guest, Thanks so much for leaving us your feedback. We apologize for the sheets, we are happy to change those for you if they are unfortunately dirty upon your arrival just let us know. We also use a great car service with cheap rates that we can call you at the front desk in case you need to go somewhere. Overall we are glad that you had a great time, it was our pleasure to have you. Best Regards!

Room was clean and tidy but basic - a bed and locker only. Staff we're very helpful and sourced extra blankets for us, and also recommended 2 good places to eat. Kitchen was functional and well stocked. Easy cab ride into Manhattan.

• 17th Apr 2014

Hey there! Many thanks for leaving us a review, sounds like you had a wonderful stay. We hope to have you return!

Amazing hostel - hostel staff were helpfull and friendly, knowledgeable. Facilities were awesome with the whole kitchen and common area providing an awesome place to chill and meet new people also staying at the hostel definitely will go back.

• 16th Apr 2014

My friend and I got a private room and it was great! The lounge is really cool and they had great activities planned. The hostel is a short walk from the subway station and even at 12:30am we weren't uncomfortable walking in the neighborhood. I would highly recommend this hostel.

• 14th Apr 2014

Nice neighborhood, close to subway, really nice common areas. The rooms are also nice, good size, clean. Showers were not that clean. Two problem though: the price in the website is not the final price and it is really annoying. they charge 2$ for towel, 5$ for key (which they give back later) and taxes. I paid around 130$ for 2 nights - not very cheap. second - no hot water on 3 floor. when my roomate complained they said it was fixed, but nothing was fixed and she had to take shower on 2nd flo

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Israel

Hello Guest, Thanks for writing us a review! Sorry you were here went the water got a bit chilly but we were glad we could get it working so everyone could find a shower with some hot water. On the website and confirmation email it lets you know that the taxes are not included, but you can call ahead to ask us the final it will be. Best Wishes!

I couldn't sleep, there's a bar across the street playing music everyday very loud, the window lock was broken, when I checked in it was kinda late so I didn't realize that my bed was not made when I woke up I found out that the sheets were dirty, stains and hair all over the bed, in addition to the nightmare the second day I don't know why? I couldn't shower because not hot water was running in the shower, ridiculous!!!! I will never recommend this place to anyone.

• Mexico

Great location. I tottaly recommend you to get out of Manhattan and stay in Brooklyn. Besides the fact that is not far away from the first (theres a line of subway really close to the hostel), is really nice to stay in Brooklyn. Around the hostel you can buy some nice gifts in some vintage shops or good nature food. There´s a bunch of people walking around, riding skateboard and bikes... making a really fun environment. The price its kind of high, but not if you think in the average of NY.

• 11th Apr 2014

I have to rate security a little less than perfect and here is why. The locker in the room, perfect. As was the onsite security .. however if you put something in the fridge, go ahead and write your name on it, but don't plan on it being there later..... The hostel is in a great location. Only a couple blocks from the L train line. Which will take you 8 stops to Union Square. Couple of great places locally for some food or drink. Check out LuLu but PLEASE tip the staff.

• 11th Apr 2014

If you are used to staying in hostels, this one is fine. Maybe not the best ever, but there is no major problem. Bad points: No hot water for my shower Saturday morning. Bed very uncomfortable. Noisy club out front kept me up at night. Door slamming all night. You get what you pay for. Don't forget your towel.

Hello guest, Stop by the reception for complimentary earplugs if it is too loud in your room. We hope that your stay was everything that you needed and we hope to have you back! Best

The hostel was really nice. Exactly what I expected. A bed, locker and bath. The staff was really helpful and the cookout and breakfast was all you really needed to get through the day. The only draw back was how noisy the others were. The walls and floors are thin, and it got hot at night. I suggest cracked your window open and bring some ear plugs and you'll be fine.. Overall it's a great place for the money...

• 11th Apr 2014

Hello guest, We appreciate you writing us this great review. The BBQ's are usually the most popular communal event we offer and we are so glad that you enjoyed it. Come back soon!

NY Loft is a great place to stay while in NYC. It offers a good environment of friendly people and courteous staff that are willing to help in almost any situation. It is well located in a very quiet area of Brooklyn, minutes from NYC.. within easy walking distance of many good restaurants and bars, and also the Subway which runs to and from Manhattan 24/7. I enjoyed my stay and will def return whenever I am back in NYC again..

• 9th Apr 2014

Breakfast ends at 9am, too early for people on holidays !

I stayed during low season, but can highly recommend this hostel. I had a room fo three all to myself. Room was warm despite the large size and the weather being very bad. Everything was Clean, hostel in a quiet area , very helpful staff, subway was close. The hostel was also very quiet this time of year, and no lines to bathroom etc., but can imagine there being too few bathrooms if fully occupied

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

Hello, Thank you for writing us a positive review, come back soon! Best Regards

Really nice and tidy place in faaar-east Williamsburg. The area is a bit dodgy, but with personality. Nice restaurants and cafés nearby and liteally 2 minutes from the subway. Good deal.

Hello Guest, So happy that you ended up loving the area and that you approved of the cleanliness in the hostel! Come back soon

Nice place. First time at a hostel. It went nicely.

• 6th Apr 2014

Hello There, Thank you! We are so happy you liked the Hostel, we hope to have you back. Best Wishes!

Provision of a Friday night BBQ was excellent! And breakfast was a nice touch.

• 4th Apr 2014

It would be wonderful if breakfast extends until 10 am, Because 6-9 is too short time.

Hello, Thanks so much for writing us a review and giving us your feedback, we will take your suggestion under consideration! Best Regards

Because it's clean, the staff are great (24-hour reception is really useful) and it's in a really interesting neighbourhood.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Staff super friendly and helpfull!

• 3rd Apr 2014

Hey there, Thanks for staying with us! We love hearing that the front desk was helpful with directions and suggestions on things to do in New York, it's important to us that our guests feel comfortable and prepared when heading out to the city. Come back soon!

A really nice hostel

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Poland

Hello, We really appreciate you writing this comment and your business. Come back soon!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6