The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

My first experience staying in a hostel! The staff were very friendly and the room was great!

• 19th Dec 2014

NYC has a reputation for hostels that are overpriced and not necessarily in the top league. The NY Loft Hostel bucks that trend. Brooklyn is a fascinating borough and staying there gives the opportunity to explore a different style of neighbourhood from Manhattan, but to be only a short ride away from it. The area might look a bit rundown at first but persevere and you'll really enjoy it. The hostel is good value, well-run and attracts a diverse crowd. A great find.

Very cool hostel and fun place to stay. Can be expensive but best price you will get in NYC

Thank you for your honest and helpful review! Hope to see you back in NYC soon!

Friendly staff. It was really dirty underneath my bed.

Overall I really liked the Hostel. The atmosphere was below average, but I guess that just comes down to who's staying there at the time. Would be nice if the Hostel arranged some day tours or something around the city, it'd be a great way to meet people and get the atmosphere going a bit more. It's really clean, the neighbourhood is safe & close to the L train. The staff aren't very talkative, but they are helpful if you ask them something.

Great place. I'd stay again but super noisy. Bring ear plugs

• 5th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

The Staff were extremely helpful and kind. Would love to stay here again and would recommend to anyone! One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! Very clean and convenient. Private bath and showers were a plus! My only advice is to try and grab a room that isn't directly over the basement bar. Free breakfast in the morning was also appreciated!

• 5th Dec 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words- we love nothing more than a happy guest :) Please visit us soon! Happy travels!

I was a little scary, it was my first time in a Hostel, but I am really surprised. I meet very nice people, and it was a great experience. I want to repeat.

• 4th Dec 2014
  • Spain

Thank you for your review- We are so glad you had a great experience at our hostel! Please visit soon! :)

Wonderful experience!

• 3rd Dec 2014

We are so happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us! Please visit us soon! Happy travels :)

Overall, this is a great value. The beds are comfortable, bathrooms were clean, and the location was fine. The worst part was the partying all night in the tent. Regardress of daily complait's to the staff, nothing was done. The noise kept us up all night, and then I found out that one of the staff was actually partying with the group.

• 1st Dec 2014

Hello, Thank you for taking the time out to review our hostel. We appreciate your honesty and will take your suggestions to better our services. Due to our new bar downstairs, the noise level is a bit louder on our first floor. We always offer our guests an alternative room if they are bothered by the sound. Hope to see you back very soon!

The room was ok, clean and the hostle is really modern, like for young people. But the bathroom is very old and dirty.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Austria

Hello, We appreciate you taking the time to review our Hostel. We will take your suggestions to help better our services! We hope to see you soon :)

This was my first stay in a hostel and it was a great experience. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating!

Hey! Thank you for your kind review! Please visit us soon :)

We stayed for 3 nights. Not as good as it mentioned in the hostel information/details. staffs not helpful as gd as other hostel. will not consider to stay there on next visit.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

Amazing place and amazing people! I love every single thing of it as a hostel.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • China

Thanks so much for your kinds words- we couldn't be happier that you enjoyed your stay with us! Hurry back soon :)

Location is good, close to train station. We had a double room and it was pretty small and way too hot. Room was clean. Most staff were lovely but I have given average as we got a lot of attitude from staff when we didn't understand our bill. Once tax was put on everything the room was very pricey.

• 25th Nov 2014

Hello, we appreciate your honesty in reviewing our hostel. Our main goal is to keep customer service at an all time high. We will take your suggestions to better our services and we hope to see you back very soon.

While the general cleanliness and access to a full kitchen impressed me, the various charges for things did not. I've stayed in countless hostels and not once did I ever have to pay to rent a towel or pay to store my bag for the day. When I arrived there werent blankets on the bed, luckily I brought my own because I probably would have to rent that too. The wifi was atrocious and barely worked half the time. The staff was very helpful and friendly and my room was comfortable; would stay again.

• 19th Nov 2014

Hello, We appreciate your honesty in reviewing our Hostel. Our towel rental is a $2.00 fee but we refresh them for the entirety of the stay. If requested, we provide free blankets for our guests. We hope to see you back very soon. Safe travels!

I enjoyed this hostel was great I was in a 3bedroom dorm w/- ensuite which was great. Staff were very helpful with my questions and one lovely lass compiled a thrifting list for me :) I would suggest some blinds in the kitchen tho as it gets killa hot with the sun coming through those windows during breakfast time. Great place would stay again.

• 18th Nov 2014

Hey! Thanks so much for your honest and helpful review! We would love to have you back soon :) Safe and happy travels!

Fantastic hostel in a really cool location in Brooklyn. Staff were always helpful and the facilities including wifi are really top notch. Would definitely stay here again

Hey! Thanks for your awesome review- we hope to see you back very soon :)

The hostel was nice, but the private double room with shared bathroom was too expensive - it cost almost like a hotel room!

• 15th Nov 2014

Thank you for your review- we appreciate your suggestions and hope to see you back very soon!

The hostel is pretty good, but there were issues with late night/early morning partyers keeping people awake on my floor, the two dollar rental of towels is strange and unnecessary, and it didn't seem as though the bathrooms were cleaned very regularly. Otherwise the location is great with lots of character and the breakfasts are excellent.

• 15th Nov 2014

Hey! Thanks for your honest and helpful review! We hope to see you back very soon! Safe travels :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7