The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

Great cocktail hour, breakfast. Great place to meet friends, because everyone so friendly

• 25th Oct 2014

Hey- Thanks so much for the kind review. We hope to see you back soon so you can meet some more great people! :)

The staf was very friendly and Always very helpful, polite with a smile on theire face. Especially we would like thank a very nice girl in the reception "from Armenia we think she came" wich helped us set up the possibility to attend a fantastic adventure in a local Brookly Church on the sunday. So nice of you with such great service-mind!! To Management; 1. somone, in the middle of the night stumbeled in to our room although locked (security)? 2.shocked over the unhealty breakfast.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Hello! Thank you very much for the kind and honest review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We will take your suggestion about offering a healthier breakfast- as well as address the issue of someone entering your room at night. Greetings from Karina- It was lovely to have met you, hope to see you back soon :)

The neighborhood may not be very safe but there were always some pedestrians on the road. I lived in a four person room. The first night was a disaster. One guy came back at 1 am and started to use computer...... But three nights after that is OK. you can take a decent shower. And you could also enjoy good breakfast for free every morning. Thats basically a nice trip for me!

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • China

Hello, we appreciate you reviewing our hostel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our amenities. We wish for you to come back visit soon :)

I arrived in the middle of the night, the area looked run down and deserted, I was, i'll admit, nervous. That was the last real worry I had. From check-in to check out, couldn't have been happier, and the staff couldn't have been more happy to help. The 24 hour reception is a godsend for late arrivals and early starts (I had both), the bar, kitchen and other communal facilities were spot on. The rooms were basic, but comfy, clean, and convenient. I'd happily recommend the place to anyone.

• 20th Oct 2014

Great place to stay. I was nervous about the luggage storage room. It did have a video surveillance camera inside, but I still felt it would be pretty easy for somebody to steal from this room. Other than that, it was good, clean, and just a fun building in general.

• 20th Oct 2014

Hey, Thanks so much for the honest and kind review- we are glad you enjoyed staying with us and we can't wait to see you back soon :) Happy travels!

Just terrible. I stayed in the dreaded room 101, which is immediately behind reception. I could hear everything going on in the hall and anyone coming into the building, plus noise from the street (cars, people outside chatting). I had to take cold showers the entire time I was there, their water heater must be from 1920. The area sucks, there are projects right down the street, many streets are not well lit, the supposed "street art" is at least half common tagging. Never again.

Hello, Thank you for your honest review. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Our water heater has since been checked by our maintenance team and working properly. We also offer free ear plugs to our guests as well as change their rooms for them if requested. We hope to see you back soon

This hostel is one of the very best I have ever stayed at. The rooms are clean and spacious, and there is ample common space in the kitchen, courtyard and on the upper terrace/deck. The staff is very helpful and friendly, and there is now a cool little bar downstairs where you can unwind and catch some live entertainment. Whether you are travelling alone or with others, this is a perfectly comfortable place to be.

• 16th Oct 2014

Hey ! Thank you for your kind review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! Your husband and yourself were ideal guests and brought great ambiance to the hostel! Please visit us soon :)

Clean, well maintained, friendly staff, nice frills like free bbqs, great guests (in my experience), close to the city - one of the best hostels I've seen in the world, basically.

• 16th Oct 2014

Hey - Thanks so much for the great review! Please visit us again soon :)

Safe, clean and super comfortable. Will definitely be staying again

• 15th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Hey - We appreciate your kind review- please join us again soon :)

Loved the rooms--comfy, bright and enough room. Evening activities were great, including the shows in the bar downstairs. Unfortunately, the WI-FI rarely worked.

Hello, we appreciate your kind and honest review. We have recently upgraded internet providers and now have better working wifi throughout the hostel! We wish to see you back very soon :)

This hotel is in a great location. Awesome vibe, very easy to meet people & socialise. Good bar, lots of events like bands playing, free BBQ, movie nights. I ended up extending my stay here.

Hey - Thanks so much for your kind words. We are so happy you stayed with us longer than planned! Please visit us again soon :)

Excellent location. The room and bathroom were tiny but adequate for an overnight stay.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Thank you for your review- we appreciate your honesty and we hope to see you back very soon :)

This is a great place! The staff is really nice and helpful and its a great place all around. Traveler's tip: Bring a multi-plug, a plug in air freshener and a can of air freshener. Your roommates may be neat or may be messy but chances are one of you is going to be stinky so do yourself a kindness and be prepared. :)

Nice hostel. Personally, I don't think Brooklyn is that nice an area. Fairly east to catch the subway to Manhattan though.

Hey, Thanks for the honest review- We wish to see you back again soon so we can really show you how wonderful Brooklyn can be :)

Good hostel in Williamsburg. I'll definitely stay here in the future.

• 10th Oct 2014

Hey ! Thanks so much for the kind review! We can't wait to have you back :)

Had no problems. Staff was helpful. Happy hour was a good deal and made for a great start to the night.

• 9th Oct 2014

Hey - We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! Please visit us again soon :)

Everything was great. Every time I go to new york, I stay in this hostel. I love it. I would really recomend it to anyone who goes to the big apple. The breakfast is great, and the backround area is really nice. It even has a ping pong table!

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Argentina

Hey - Thanks for the awesome words! We appreciate your review and hope you visit us again!

This is a good place to stay, enjoy, easy to go to Manhattan... The only thing is don't consider there is a serious breakfast and Internet connection. Except that I recommend this hostel.

Hello - Thanks for your honest review. We have since fixed our internet provider so our connection is fully improved. Please visit us again :)

Location is great and the basic breakfast is a bonus but the stalf are unhelpful, the facilities are average, the Wifi did not work once the whole time I was there. loud music and squeaky beds, have to pay for luggage storage that everyone has access to and you not allowed to drink your own beer. Little to no sleep for the four nights my wife and I were there I would not go back nor recommend the place

• 7th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Hello James, Thank you for reviewing our Hostel- we appreciate your honesty and input. We will make sure to take your suggestions to help better our services. Customer service is our number one priority and we hope to see you back so you can see these changes in effect. For example, we have switched wifi providers and now experience no problems.

I needed a place to overnight while waiting for a layover and this was close to JFK and had great reviews. The staff was great, great happy hour sprcials. I liked the bar and live music. The free burgers and hotdogs was a big bonus. My only issue was having problems with internet connection but I figured I could live without that for a night so I never addressed it with the staff.

Hey Todd- Thank you for your kind review. We are thrilled you enjoyed yourself. We have since changed wifi providers and no longer experience any issues. We hope to see you back very soon! :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7