The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

Was nice!!!

In general was good. The only thing I didn't like was that the bath in my room has not hot water during all day. I was recommended to use the bath in the floor, but anyway I paid for a room with a bath, and this bath was supposed to has hot water.

• 15th May 2015

We appreciate your honest review. We are currently improving our Hostel so it is better than ever. We hope to see you back very soon!

Bathrooms were always wet and there was no space to place your towel or clothes to keep them clean and try.

• 15th May 2015

Thank you for your honest and helpful review. We will take your suggestion to help better our services. We hope to see you back soon. Cheers.

Water was so cold in the shower

• 14th May 2015
  • Mexico

Thank you for your honest review! We are working on installing a new heating system. Customer service is our number one priority!

Like most New York hostels is over priced but is a good quality hostel. You have to pay to use the computers which is not ideal. Dodgy wi fi. Some staff are awesome, some aren't. Not a party hostel, a lot of people just want a place to sleep. Free BBQ on Thursday was amazing. Fun bartender, keep up the energy Alex! Be aware that price goes up on the weekend..

I had a wonderful stay! Everyone is so friendly and they put effort into making the atmosphere social by hosting HH and bbq for the guests. Beautiful courtyard and common areas and a crew that is constantly cleaning. Very conveniently located next to the subway station which is great after a day of hiking all over NYC and you just want to flop into bed. Lots of hip bars and cafes in walking distance although not actually in Williamsburg which is just 5 stops away on the L train.

• 12th May 2015

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Thanks for reviewing us! Hope to see you back soon.

It had a good vibe, cleanliness was really good but service at the concierge could have been better.

• 10th May 2015

We appreciate your honest review. We hope to see you back very soon! Happy travels!

Some staff were very helpful (male staff member) whereas others were not as helpful (female staff member)

• 8th May 2015

We appreciate you taking the time to review. We hope to see you back very soon!

The staff was very friendly and I appreciated the courtyard and the possibility to borrow guidebooks. In my room, it was very loud - I heard other guest walking by and loud noise from the opposite door, probably from the AC or the elevator.

• 4th May 2015
  • Austria

Thank you for your honest and helpful review! Please visit us again soon!

It was extremely loud outside from all the drunk people who wanted to fight each other ((they were staying at the hostel)). We couldn't sleep either night because of the amount of noise. Security didn't help break up any fights. We could have stayed at a real hotel for the same amount of money, and actually slept.

We appreciate you reviewing us. We are sorry to hear that you couldn't sleep during your stay with us. Our front desk offers free ear plugs and if requested, a room change is also an option. We hope you consider staying with us again. Happy travels!

Great atmosphere and well located near decent bars, cafes and metro. Wifi in my room was weak. Breakfast (toast and cereal) comes included. Lovely open kitchen and backyard

• 1st May 2015

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Please visit us again soon! Cheers!

I had a great time! The hostel was easy to find, the people working there were super helpful and friendly, and the room was perfect! Thanks for a great experience. I would definitely return

• 29th Apr 2015

The hostel is well located (close to the L subway line which takes you directly over to Manhattan in 15 mins) and close to lots of restaurants, cafes and bars. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean and spacious. The hostel also does free bbq dinners on Thursday nights which is great. The only negatives is the atmosphere (the hostel is dead Sunday - Wednesday) and majority of the staff (except the girl with blue hair) are unfriendly and unhelpful. Should provide maps / subway maps to guests!

• 27th Apr 2015

The best hostel I've ever stayed! Little bit chilly with the blanket, but if you ask additional blanket, that'd no problems.

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Japan

I thought it was a bit over priced. Not a very friendly place in terms of meeting other travellers and if you needed help the staff were there but sometimes it was hard to get them to help you. Also it gets very cold at night so get as many extra blankets as you can

Wifi hardly ever worked. The music from the bar downstairs was crazy loud until 3am. Maybee they could turn it down a bit at midnight? Lots of dust under the bed when I checked in. A bath mat in the bathroom would be nice. I loved the location and layout of the kitchen area. Breakfast staff were great.

• 24th Apr 2015

Awesome experience, staff is very honest, good atmosphere, 5*****

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • India

Thank you very much for your kinds words! We hope to see you back very soon!

I had an amazing time!

• 21st Apr 2015
  • Mexico

Staff didn't really check if we had a key at night, it would be safer if they would. The doors in the hostel close with loud slams. It shouldn't be too difficult to add some foam or something that allows the doors to close more quietly. During our stay the battery of our door lock got faint. We couldn't enter our room anymore. We got a new room, but the guy who stayed there the night before wasn't warned. We got an alcoholic present from the hostel, which was weird, as drinks are not allowed!

• 17th Apr 2015

Hello, we appreciate you reviewing our hostel and offering helpful feedback to better our space for the future! Our number one priority is customer service. We do offer our guests a complimentary drink in our downstairs Basement Bar! We hope to see you back very soon. Cheers!

Liked my stay a lot. It was a relaxed atmosphere with helpful staff (especially when catching a cab to the airport, super helpful to ensure the cab came on time) . Clean. The location was good enough, definitely close to the subway and next to a grocery store. However it was not in the area of Williamsburg I initially thought when booking - to get to the areas I wanted to walk around in, definitely needed to hop on the subway. Nothing really walkable.

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back again soon. Happy travels!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7