The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

Pros: * cool atmosphere * Helpful and available staff * Great to have lockers in the room Cons: * Hostel construction: very loud depending on what room you're in * L-line construction: right now you can't get into the city on this subway line on weekends and you have to walk to another line or travel backwards to transfer * Sketchy neighbourhood depending on which way you walk and time of day Tips: * They don't keep blankets on the bed. Ask for blankets at the desk (free)

• 17th Apr 2015

Hey we appreciate your review. Our hostel makeover is coming to an end to bring in our summer season. We hope to see you then- we host our free summer BBQ dinners! Happy travels!

My first hostel experience and an amazing one. Lots of staff, great security guard, amazing decor and lots of activities.

• 17th Apr 2015

We appreciate your kind review! So glad you enjoyed your stay. Please visit us soon! Cheers!

Good hostel, nice staff, all hostels are expensive in New York and here you get good service, breakfast is fine (cereals, milk, toasted bread, jam, peanut butter, cream cheese), it is close to a metro station and too some nice places to eat (roberto's, forrest point)

• 12th Apr 2015

Hey Thanks for your helpful and honest review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you back very soon! Happy travels!

The Loft Hostel was nice and close to the Metro Line, however it took lots of stops to get into Manhattan. We had booked a twin private room and the photos on the internet showed the rooms had a large double bed on the bottom and a single on the top bunk. When we got there however, we were given a bunk bed, which was metal and creaked...not great for a couple. The room had concrete floor, thin sheet and one blanket, then bathroom still had hairs. Breakfast is toast or average cereal.

• 9th Apr 2015

Hello and thank you for your honest review. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you back this summer where we host our free BBQ dinners and backyard happy hour!

The hostel is in a sketchy neighbourhood with not many things around. However its only 2 blocks away from the subway. There is a supermarket close but its organic and its a bit more expensive. The room I had was very small I could barely open my suitcase and there was no locker. The bar is quite bad with metal bands playing which doesn't attract many guests. From my experience its hard to find a decent hostel in NYC but i expected way more. I'd say Its only convinient if you are in Brooklyn..

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Hello We appreciate your honest review. We hope to see you back this summer where we host our free BBQ dinners and happy hour! Cheers!

Excellent hostel. Great atmosphere, very friendly staff. Very clean. A little away from Manhatan, so it doesn't offer group activities to go out, but only a couple of blocks away from the metro station. And it has a pub downstairs with great shows.

the room was far smaller than expected, almost no room to walk and guests came twice between 2-4am to check-in, which was very annoying!

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

Thank you for your review. We also offer private rooms aside from dorm style accommodations. We hope to see you back soon! Happy travels!

I think it was very clean and nice. I was a little disappointed by the kitchen. The open living room above the kitchen is very loud is somebody is watching TV. And the plastic bowls and glasses, as well as the lack of decent knives to prepare food, were disappointing for such a nice kitchen. This would be easily improved.

We appreciate your helpful suggestions- Customer service is our number 1 priority! We hope to see you back very soon!!

Cool place, helpful staff, good location - easy to get into Manhattan and a cool neighborhood to check out as well.

Thanks for your great review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your self. Please visit us again soon! :) Happy travels!

Great location. Happy about our stay overall, but if yo are expecting a healthy breakfast, forget about it. Only white bread and awful coffee.They even ran out of coffee at 9;30 and refused to make more!!! For the price we paid I was really disappointed. It is by taking care of little details like that, that customers want to come back. Too bad.

Hello We appreciate your review- We hope to see you back this summer where we have weekly free BBQ dinners and backyard happy hour! Happy travels!

I had a good time in this hostel. I have been here 17 days thus far. I lost credit cards while in NYC and the staff were friendly and extremely helpful. Kitchen is in good order and the garden out the back is good to sit and chill, which I did a lot of without access to funds. The bar down stairs holds comedy shows and live performances and drinks are fairly priced. Only gripe is the hot water in showers is a bit hit and miss.

Thanks for your honest and helpful review! We hope to see you back very soon! Happy travels!

Won't stay again.Very loud at night and the bed was uncomfortable and dirty

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Taiwan

Hello We appreciate your review. We hope to see you back in the summertime. Happy travels!

This place is awesome! Staff are great too!! Made some great people and friends!!

Had a great time, plan on staying again, will recommend to my family and friends

Unfortunatley, there was a group of students staying at the hostel at the same time which was was insanely loud all night long. There were people running around, screaming and listening to loud music the whole night and none of the staff cared about the others guests. And we didn't like it that we weren't able to lock the door. Other than that, we liked our stay at the NY Loft Hostel.

• 27th Mar 2015

Hello, Thank you for reviewing our hostel. We assure you that we care most deeply about our guests and we apologize if that wasn't made clear during your stay. All of our doors locks and can be opened with the key cards we distribute during check-in. We hope to see you back very soon. Happy travels!

Had the time of my life hanging out in their basement bar and in the back garden area! Amazingly diverse international community, awesome facilities in a very cool neighborhood. I can't say enough good things about NYLH!

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us!! Please visit us again soon :) Happy travels!

This is one of the best hostels I stay at, except some periods of time the nightly rate gets too high. But its a clean modern place with a nice breakfast spread downstairs, and large rooms.

We appreciate you reviewing us! We hope to see you back soon :) Cheers!

I think the staff did a very good job at making the place hospitable and interactive. They had brilliant organized events, and the place was generally clean and proximate to multifarious awesome places. I loved staying there.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Egypt

Hey! Thanks for your review. We hope to see you back this summer and enjoy our weekly BBQ's! Happy travels!

The bathrooms were clean everyday, they are always provided liquid soap and toilet paper, the breakfast was good, the kitchen was very clean and they had enough kitchen equipment, the rooms were clean, very comfortable beds with warm blankets, they always kept the place warm at every area in winter. The wifi was good but the signal was too low, they should install more routers in every floor, that is my only observation. the staff was kind and nice. You are gonna love staying there.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Venezuela

Thank you for your honest and helpful review- We hope to see you back very soon :)

Great experience, great people, great value.

• 15th Mar 2015

Thanks for your review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your time here! Please visit us again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7