The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

Great atmosphere and well located near decent bars, cafes and metro. Wifi in my room was weak. Breakfast (toast and cereal) comes included. Lovely open kitchen and backyard

• 1st May 2015

I had a great time! The hostel was easy to find, the people working there were super helpful and friendly, and the room was perfect! Thanks for a great experience. I would definitely return

• 29th Apr 2015

Awesome experience, staff is very honest, good atmosphere, 5*****

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • India

Staff didn't really check if we had a key at night, it would be safer if they would. The doors in the hostel close with loud slams. It shouldn't be too difficult to add some foam or something that allows the doors to close more quietly. During our stay the battery of our door lock got faint. We couldn't enter our room anymore. We got a new room, but the guy who stayed there the night before wasn't warned. We got an alcoholic present from the hostel, which was weird, as drinks are not allowed!

• 17th Apr 2015

Hello, we appreciate you reviewing our hostel and offering helpful feedback to better our space for the future! Our number one priority is customer service. We do offer our guests a complimentary drink in our downstairs Basement Bar! We hope to see you back very soon. Cheers!

Liked my stay a lot. It was a relaxed atmosphere with helpful staff (especially when catching a cab to the airport, super helpful to ensure the cab came on time) . Clean. The location was good enough, definitely close to the subway and next to a grocery store. However it was not in the area of Williamsburg I initially thought when booking - to get to the areas I wanted to walk around in, definitely needed to hop on the subway. Nothing really walkable.

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back again soon. Happy travels!

Pros: * cool atmosphere * Helpful and available staff * Great to have lockers in the room Cons: * Hostel construction: very loud depending on what room you're in * L-line construction: right now you can't get into the city on this subway line on weekends and you have to walk to another line or travel backwards to transfer * Sketchy neighbourhood depending on which way you walk and time of day Tips: * They don't keep blankets on the bed. Ask for blankets at the desk (free)

• 17th Apr 2015

Hey we appreciate your review. Our hostel makeover is coming to an end to bring in our summer season. We hope to see you then- we host our free summer BBQ dinners! Happy travels!

My first hostel experience and an amazing one. Lots of staff, great security guard, amazing decor and lots of activities.

• 17th Apr 2015

We appreciate your kind review! So glad you enjoyed your stay. Please visit us soon! Cheers!

Good hostel, nice staff, all hostels are expensive in New York and here you get good service, breakfast is fine (cereals, milk, toasted bread, jam, peanut butter, cream cheese), it is close to a metro station and too some nice places to eat (roberto's, forrest point)

• 12th Apr 2015

Hey Thanks for your helpful and honest review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you back very soon! Happy travels!

I guess it was under renovations, but i didnt have any mirror nor garbage bin in the room. Unconvenient. Hot water took a century to show up. Wifi wasn't perfectly working in rooms. Administration messed up my reservation with some other but was fixed. However, it was still a nice stay overall.

We appreciate your honest and helpful review. We hope to see you back this summer!

The Loft Hostel was nice and close to the Metro Line, however it took lots of stops to get into Manhattan. We had booked a twin private room and the photos on the internet showed the rooms had a large double bed on the bottom and a single on the top bunk. When we got there however, we were given a bunk bed, which was metal and creaked...not great for a couple. The room had concrete floor, thin sheet and one blanket, then bathroom still had hairs. Breakfast is toast or average cereal.

• 9th Apr 2015

Hello and thank you for your honest review. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you back this summer where we host our free BBQ dinners and backyard happy hour!

The hostel is in a sketchy neighbourhood with not many things around. However its only 2 blocks away from the subway. There is a supermarket close but its organic and its a bit more expensive. The room I had was very small I could barely open my suitcase and there was no locker. The bar is quite bad with metal bands playing which doesn't attract many guests. From my experience its hard to find a decent hostel in NYC but i expected way more. I'd say Its only convinient if you are in Brooklyn..

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Hello We appreciate your honest review. We hope to see you back this summer where we host our free BBQ dinners and happy hour! Cheers!

Excellent hostel. Great atmosphere, very friendly staff. Very clean. A little away from Manhatan, so it doesn't offer group activities to go out, but only a couple of blocks away from the metro station. And it has a pub downstairs with great shows.

Thanks for the awesome review! We couldn't be happier that you enjoyed your stay with us! Please visit again soon!

the room was far smaller than expected, almost no room to walk and guests came twice between 2-4am to check-in, which was very annoying!

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

Thank you for your review. We also offer private rooms aside from dorm style accommodations. We hope to see you back soon! Happy travels!

I think it was very clean and nice. I was a little disappointed by the kitchen. The open living room above the kitchen is very loud is somebody is watching TV. And the plastic bowls and glasses, as well as the lack of decent knives to prepare food, were disappointing for such a nice kitchen. This would be easily improved.

We appreciate your helpful suggestions- Customer service is our number 1 priority! We hope to see you back very soon!!

Cool place, helpful staff, good location - easy to get into Manhattan and a cool neighborhood to check out as well.

Thanks for your great review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your self. Please visit us again soon! :) Happy travels!

Great location. Happy about our stay overall, but if yo are expecting a healthy breakfast, forget about it. Only white bread and awful coffee.They even ran out of coffee at 9;30 and refused to make more!!! For the price we paid I was really disappointed. It is by taking care of little details like that, that customers want to come back. Too bad.

Hello We appreciate your review- We hope to see you back this summer where we have weekly free BBQ dinners and backyard happy hour! Happy travels!

I had a good time in this hostel. I have been here 17 days thus far. I lost credit cards while in NYC and the staff were friendly and extremely helpful. Kitchen is in good order and the garden out the back is good to sit and chill, which I did a lot of without access to funds. The bar down stairs holds comedy shows and live performances and drinks are fairly priced. Only gripe is the hot water in showers is a bit hit and miss.

Thanks for your honest and helpful review! We hope to see you back very soon! Happy travels!

Won't stay again.Very loud at night and the bed was uncomfortable and dirty

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Taiwan

Hello We appreciate your review. We hope to see you back in the summertime. Happy travels!

This place is awesome! Staff are great too!! Made some great people and friends!!

Had a great time, plan on staying again, will recommend to my family and friends

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7