8.2
Fabulous 5,783 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 5,783 Total Reviews
The New York Loft Hostel Located at 249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York.
USA
New York New York 11206 249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY
82% 5783
40.7042778 -73.9336967
    Rooms available

• Sweden, Female, 18-24
19th May 2016

Lovely hostel with great staff. Very basic throughout but clean and quiet in the evenings. Free breakfast and bbq is always a bonus. Only downside is the location. Can take a little while to get to midtown. If you're staying mostly Brooklyn though, ubers are cheap so its not a problem :)

• Germany, Female, 25-30
17th May 2016

It was a great place to stay in. The only thing missing was a working blow dryer ;) but then again that really wasn't a big deal. All in all I loved it 👍

• England, Male, 25-30
14th May 2016

Brilliant stay, lively atmosphere and really clean

12th May 2016

I miss the Eggo waffles from years ago! Best hostel I have ever stayed at, I return regularly.

• USA, Female, 25-30
12th May 2016

I stayed in a four-bed room. I had one of the top bunks, and I was disappointed to find out there wasn't an outlet within reach to charge my phone overnight. I was also a bit irritated with my check-in. I came in during a shift change and was asked to wait while they switched. I had no problem with that, but the employees then had a casual chat with a friend at the counter about a check being dropped off for 10-15 minutes. It was midnight, and I just wanted to get to sleep, so I wasn't pleased.

12th May 2016

The hostel is clean and the employees are all very friendly. Free breakfast is always a plus. However, I'm not a fan of the location. If you plan on spending late nights in Manhattan, waiting for the L to get all the way to Bushwick can be a pain (or spending a lot of money on a cab). But for hanging out in Brooklyn, the location is great.

8th May 2016

I loved the atmosphere at this hostel. A nice large kitchen space to make food or enjoy the free breakfast. The large patio was also nice on the sunny day I was there. Even though there was someone who was not supposed to be in my room during my night here, the staff was very friendly and willing to move me to another room. The staff also had good restaurant recommendations!

Hi there, Im sorry you had to experience someone else in your room! I hope you addressed this matter, we would have taken care of this issue RIGHT AWAY- Hope you can come back to enjoy of our FREE BBQS in our backyard this summer :) cheerS!

• Poland, Female, 25-30
7th May 2016

I stayed there for 8 nights and would totally stay there again. Hostel is a great value for money; with a great atmosphere and friendly people; Uber cool neighbourhood, with some really good cafes, restaurants and vintage shops around. Subway is very easy to get to and it takes few minutes to get to Manhattan.

• Australia, All Female Group, 25-30
29th Apr 2016
6.6

First night we had staff come into our room 5 times at 1.30am in the morning trying to sort out the spare bed in the room. Wifi was really bad constantly cutting out. Heating in the place was up so high we had to sleep in nothing and couldn't even sleep it was that hot. Wasn't the worst place I've stayed but def wasn't the greatest place.

Hi, Im so sorry you had this experience, but thank you so much for the helpful feedback. We were transitioning from winter to spring- but now our room temperature is perfect! you should come check it out! Wifi is now working better- we fixed the issue! hopefully you can come stay with us again so you have a real and better experience of the best hostel in Brooklyn

• Brazil, Female, 31-40
27th Apr 2016

This was my second stay at the New York Loft Hostel and I enjoyed it. The only thing I would have to point out is that the kitchen sink was always full of dirty dishes, but I guess that's the guest's fault. The neighborhood has more options for eating and the subway close by is great.