The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

I couldn't sleep, there's a bar across the street playing music everyday very loud, the window lock was broken, when I checked in it was kinda late so I didn't realize that my bed was not made when I woke up I found out that the sheets were dirty, stains and hair all over the bed, in addition to the nightmare the second day I don't know why? I couldn't shower because not hot water was running in the shower, ridiculous!!!! I will never recommend this place to anyone.

• Mexico

Hello Guest, We sincerely apologize for your experience at the hostel, cleanliness is something that most all of our guest rave about so it is disappointing to hear that you did not experience the same. Best Regards

Great location. I tottaly recommend you to get out of Manhattan and stay in Brooklyn. Besides the fact that is not far away from the first (theres a line of subway really close to the hostel), is really nice to stay in Brooklyn. Around the hostel you can buy some nice gifts in some vintage shops or good nature food. There´s a bunch of people walking around, riding skateboard and bikes... making a really fun environment. The price its kind of high, but not if you think in the average of NY.

• 11th Apr 2014

Hello guest, We completely agree, Brooklyn is the best and we are so glad that you recognize that! It's a totally different Vibe in a good way! We hope to have you back!

I have to rate security a little less than perfect and here is why. The locker in the room, perfect. As was the onsite security .. however if you put something in the fridge, go ahead and write your name on it, but don't plan on it being there later..... The hostel is in a great location. Only a couple blocks from the L train line. Which will take you 8 stops to Union Square. Couple of great places locally for some food or drink. Check out LuLu but PLEASE tip the staff.

• 11th Apr 2014

Hello Guest, We are happy that you liked the place, sorry about your food! If we had a way that we could lock up your food we would, but that's just the risk you take when using a community fridge! Come back soon :) Best Regards

If you are used to staying in hostels, this one is fine. Maybe not the best ever, but there is no major problem. Bad points: No hot water for my shower Saturday morning. Bed very uncomfortable. Noisy club out front kept me up at night. Door slamming all night. You get what you pay for. Don't forget your towel.

Hello guest, Stop by the reception for complimentary earplugs if it is too loud in your room. We hope that your stay was everything that you needed and we hope to have you back! Best

The hostel was really nice. Exactly what I expected. A bed, locker and bath. The staff was really helpful and the cookout and breakfast was all you really needed to get through the day. The only draw back was how noisy the others were. The walls and floors are thin, and it got hot at night. I suggest cracked your window open and bring some ear plugs and you'll be fine.. Overall it's a great place for the money...

• 11th Apr 2014

Hello guest, We appreciate you writing us this great review. The BBQ's are usually the most popular communal event we offer and we are so glad that you enjoyed it. Come back soon!

NY Loft is a great place to stay while in NYC. It offers a good environment of friendly people and courteous staff that are willing to help in almost any situation. It is well located in a very quiet area of Brooklyn, minutes from NYC.. within easy walking distance of many good restaurants and bars, and also the Subway which runs to and from Manhattan 24/7. I enjoyed my stay and will def return whenever I am back in NYC again..

• 9th Apr 2014

Hey there, Thanks so much for the review and your wonderful comments. We can't wait to have you back!

Good and affordable hostel, nice upcoming neighborhood, only 15-20 minute underground ride to Manhatten. It has a great garden and rooftop terrace but lacks a bar with beer's or whatsoever. Despite that, the hostel looks nice, is clean and a good place to start discovering NYC.

Hello! Thank you for your kind review. It was our pleasure to accommodate you during your trip, we hope to have you back soon! Best Wishes!

Breakfast ends at 9am, too early for people on holidays !

Hello Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel, we use these reviews to better our services and amenities for future guests. All the best

I stayed during low season, but can highly recommend this hostel. I had a room fo three all to myself. Room was warm despite the large size and the weather being very bad. Everything was Clean, hostel in a quiet area , very helpful staff, subway was close. The hostel was also very quiet this time of year, and no lines to bathroom etc., but can imagine there being too few bathrooms if fully occupied

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

Hello, Thank you for writing us a positive review, come back soon! Best Regards

Really nice and tidy place in faaar-east Williamsburg. The area is a bit dodgy, but with personality. Nice restaurants and cafés nearby and liteally 2 minutes from the subway. Good deal.

Hello Guest, So happy that you ended up loving the area and that you approved of the cleanliness in the hostel! Come back soon

Nice place. First time at a hostel. It went nicely.

• 6th Apr 2014

Hello There, Thank you! We are so happy you liked the Hostel, we hope to have you back. Best Wishes!

Provision of a Friday night BBQ was excellent! And breakfast was a nice touch.

• 4th Apr 2014

Hey there, Thank you for writing a review, we appreciate it! Best Wishes

It would be wonderful if breakfast extends until 10 am, Because 6-9 is too short time.

Hello, Thanks so much for writing us a review and giving us your feedback, we will take your suggestion under consideration! Best Regards

Because it's clean, the staff are great (24-hour reception is really useful) and it's in a really interesting neighbourhood.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Staff super friendly and helpfull!

• 3rd Apr 2014

Hey there, Thanks for staying with us! We love hearing that the front desk was helpful with directions and suggestions on things to do in New York, it's important to us that our guests feel comfortable and prepared when heading out to the city. Come back soon!

One of the cleanest hostels I've ever been to. The atmosphere was ok, that could just be the lame guests that we. Not much going on, not very communal. But the facilities we great. Free brekki was toast, jam, butter, coffee. Location was great. There's a subway station about 2 blocks away, and a couple of really great places to eat around the corner. Socially, not much happening here in Bushwick, but it's easy to get to everything in NYC.

A really nice hostel

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Poland

Hello, We really appreciate you writing this comment and your business. Come back soon!

The staff were all very helpful. The facilities were fantastic and i loved the 3 bed dorm rooms. Some music in the main common area would an easy way to add to the atmosphere. The only thing that could be improved on would be the bathroom ventilation. The bathroom floors were always very damp. Other than that though i have nothing negative to say.

5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next » last »