The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

Bathrooms were not clean enough

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your input and will take your suggestion to help better our hostel. We hope to see you back soon!

a bit far from the center but this hostel is the best I have seen so far ;)

Hey- thanks for your review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. We are only a 15 minute train ride into Union Square- you may have hit some train traffic :) Come back soon!

Very nice place to stay for the money. Accomodations were very clean and tidy. Very close to subway station to manhattan and Brooklyn night life. Outdoor garden is a great place to meet people staying at the hostel.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Thank you for your kind review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Please visit us again and enjoy our new bar Hail Hail!

The best hostel I have stayed at NY. As everything there is too expensive, and if you already know Manhattan, it worth staying in NY Loft Hostel and explore Brooklyn. But this is too close to the subway station, so you can easilly go to manhattan as well. Nice hostel.

Thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you back soon!

Rooms were generously sized and cleaned regularly. Fantastic outdoor area great for summer drinks. Luggage storage area well secured. On the downside, my bed was questionably squeaky and too few bathrooms on the floor. Besides two awesome reception staff, most were surly at their best. The great location makes up for it. A step away from popular restaurants/cafes and the general great vibe of the area. Tip: Pay a little extra for a 3 bedder room with en-suite.

Awesome hostel - would highly recommend it especially if you want to meet people! The facilities are amazing and so easy to make friends. Best stay at a hostel I've ever had! Really easy to get to the city too and into Wburg!

• 21st Aug 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you back soon!

The staff were generally very unhelpful. The night I arrived off a long flight a rock band were playing directly under my room. At 11.30pm I asked if I could be moved and they told me only if I paid for a private room. I can sleep in a noisy hostel but this was something else. Would not stay here again or recommend it to a friend

Good location, close to Morgan Avenue on the L train. Rooms were clean and atmosphere at hostel was good! Would recommend to young travellers going to New York.

• 20th Aug 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you back soon!

Great hostel, with excellent facilities. It is also only a two minute walk from it's closest subway station.

• 19th Aug 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you back soon!

Staff were unhelpful - I stood at the desk being ignored and they were very unhelpful regarding how to get to certain places or do certain things. Price was way to expensive especially as the bathrooms were no that clean. Place was a rip off. Wifi uncertain. Unable to bring in own drink and they only sold small beers for £5. Felt they were squeezing every penny they could from the minute you walk in

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your input and will take your suggestions to help better our hostel. Due to our bar opening up on the premises, we are restricted by law to have our guests bring in their own alcoholic beverages. We hope to see you back soon so you can see your suggestions in effect!

Very much liked the decorations throughout the hostel (Batman, Spiderman, Superman, adorning the elevators.) Each room has a different New York icon. I was happy to be in Chinatown rather than next door in the NY Yankee room (but the Groucho Marx room was my favorite. One quibble, was that Al Capone on the Wiseguys door? He was a Chicago guy.) The breakfast was fine and the staff was helpful and friendly.

• 18th Aug 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you back soon!

great area great hostel - good outside space and very helpful and friendly staff.

• 17th Aug 2014

Price is not to high, and location is fine. Problems are : - Wifi is really bad (how can it be so slow with one connection point per floor?), and the use of computers is 10c / minute... You can only check your mails but not more most of the time. - 2$ for renting a towel ??? Among many hostels that's the very first time I've seen that. At least the bed sheets aren't charged - Rooms and corridors are clean, but not the kitchen : I actually saw a small mice while having dinner in the kitchen.

• 16th Aug 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your helpful suggestions. We hope to see you back soon so you can see them in effect!

building is great, new and well arranged just like the pictures. rooms are not enough cleaned though, could be better cared and the wifi sign is very low in them.

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you back soon!

This is a professional place, a big one. Staff should be prepared to give some informations about the city and what to do, maybe a kind of map from the region. Staff in recepcion is not really usefull. Not every bathrooms had a locking door. Bar have only a few options of alcohol. The most annoying thing: you must pay for the luggage room in your last day, even for a few hours. That is the most irritating thing I ve seen in all my life in hostels.

Good breakfast, helpful staff.

I did not like that I had to change my room in the middle of my stay for no reason. At first I was checked in a room that was already fully booked, than I got a bed in a different room for a night and had to moove later, that did not makle sense at all. In the new room there was a locker missing (5rooms , 4 lockers (room 105)) - I asked the staff to get the missing locker - they told me that they will di it ASAP but it never happend - that"s why I think the staff did a very poor job this weekend

• 14th Aug 2014

Thank you for taking the time our to review our hostel. Our number one priority is customer service and we will take your critique to better our Hostel.

A group of 3 of us stayed at this hostel whilst travelling after summer camp, be aware, the taxi drivers from the airport may not know where the road is, and when you are driving through Brooklyn you look like you are in the middle of nowhere, but when you get to the hostel it's definitely worth it! 3 blocks from a subway station that gets you right to the centre. The staff even moved bookings round when we got there to fit us in the same room, even though it wasn't what was on the booking!

• 13th Aug 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you back soon!

full charge on arrival, then supposedly no refund possible when we found out that they sold us a room that they didn't have (3 bed ensuite). staff denied the facts until we dragged her personally into the room, then seriously suggested that the overflow batroom for the lobby in the hallway makes it an ensuite. no joke. no management on site, had to call in the following week to get at least the difference between what we booked an the next cheaper option. Are you serious?

• 9th Aug 2014

Accommodation basic but comfortable. Hostel is in a lively area, so can be noise from outside at night. Communal facilities very pleasant and adequate free breakfast. Close to subway (L), so easy access to Manhattan and plenty of good cafes and bars in the neighbourhood.