The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

The heat wasnt working

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

Thank for your review- we have since fixed our heating system. We hope to see you in the summertime to enjoy our free BBQ's!

We were without heating for 3 nights and it was bone chillingly cold.

• 13th Feb 2015

Thank you for reviewing us. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have had. We have since fixed our heating system and increased the number of blankets and heaters provided. We hope to see you back in the summer time!

Nice hostel, generally pleasant stay. Worst part of stay was the bathrooms. They are single use only, which is great, but they were not especially clean, almost always out of paper towels, and were generally unwelcoming. Also, many of the other guests during my stay were heavy party-ers, and were very loud and obnoxious at night. However, the staff and security dealt with them very well, and kicked at least one person out, so I commend them for actively keeping everyone under control.

• 12th Feb 2015

Hello, Thank you for your honest and helpful review. We hope to see you back very soon! Happy travels!

After I paid, I was notified that I had to change in the middle of my stay to another room. That was NOT specified anywhere in their site or in my confirmation email. I told them that I was sick and I didn't feel like packing and unpacking many times, what it's worse, I had to ckeck out at 11 a.m. and then wait until 3 p.m. to check in "again", really annoying. They didn't care about my health condition. Receptionists were unfriendly. Poor facilities, super cold rooms and bad location.

Thank you for reviewing our hostel. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We do not guarntee a dorm style room for all consecutive nights unless a private room is reserved. We had a large group stay with us and this is why the changing of the rooms occurred. We do hope you visit us in the summer time- we offer free BBQ dinners!

02/01 ~ 02/08. lived in loft hostel. I'm a foreign tourist, from south korea. first time tour at New York. not bad. good price and hostel services next time, if i going to new york, reservation again. maybe. I can't english very well. sorry!

Thank you for your review! We hope to see you soon!

I would say my biggest complaint is how dirty some of the floors were.

• 1st Feb 2015

We appreciate your honest review. We will take your suggestions to help better our services. Please visit us again soon! Happy travels!

Easy to get to Manhattan, good area-plenty of bars and restaurants near by. Some staff weren't very welcoming/ friendly but overall good hostel.

• 25th Jan 2015

We appreciate you taking the time out to review us! We hope to see you back very soon!

I Love New York Loft Hostel!

Had a great time! Thanks to everybody there!!!

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Argentina

Thank you for staying with us!!

Really cool rooms, some hipster bars and cafés surrounding. Free breakfast is super handy (white toast, jam, peanut butter, cereals, milk, cereal, OJ, coffee available 24hrs, apples). Would recommend.

• 21st Jan 2015

Thanks so much for the kind review. Please visit us again :)

Great location. Staff were friendly. Was warm and comfortable and bathrooms were big. Best hostel I have found so far in NYC and will certainly stay here again.

Thank you for the kind and honest review! We look forward to seeing you again!

Great Hostel, I will back! Like at home.

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Spain

Thank you for your review! Please hurry back! :)

Good facilities but terrible location (definitely not as good as advertised). One day there was no breakfast. Would not recommend.

We appreciate your review. Our breakfast started a bit later that day but it was never cancelled. We hope to see you in the warmer months.

Overall, great hostel! Convenient to Manhattan, lots of activities and the free breakfast was awesome. Very clean, comfy rooms and it wasn't too loud at night. However, the thin curtains did let in a fair amount of morning light.

• 18th Jan 2015
  • lduncan8582247

Thank you for your honest and helpful review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! Please visit us again :)

Good facilities, terrible location. Almost empty in January. One day there was no breakfast. Would not recommend.

From my previous stay here 2 years ago to now, someone's really reduced quality while upping prices. Some staff are great; others have a poor attitude. The breakfast is really average; the in-room lockers are old, loud and rickety; the rooms themselves have been divided to be smaller (and more expensive); and the noise from the club they now have downstairs permeates every level. And the wifi is catastrophically laughable. I loved staying in the area, and used to rave about NYLH. But no longer.

We appreciate your honest review. We have since updated our wifi service to work much faster. We also offer our guests free ear plugs if the room they have is a bit noisy. We hope to see you very soon.

A bit far away from Manhatten but not too bad, the area around the hostel was a bit rough. Bar downstairs was cool and the subway was just round the corner.

Thank you for your honest and helpful review. We hope to see you back soon!

I have been traveling around the world for over two years now and this is one of the nicest hostels i have stayed at. Yes its expensive but defiantly get your moneys worth. I stayed in Manhattan for a few days then decided to stay out in Brooklyn for a change of scenery. Totally worth it.

Thanks so much for your kind review. We hope to see you back in NYC soon :)

The only problem me and my group had would be the cleanliness of the bathrooms as well as the room temperature. It was absolutely freezing even with blankets.v

• 8th Jan 2015

Thank you for taking the time out to review us. We will use your suggestions to help better our services. We hope to see you back very soon!

New York Loft Hostel is one of the best hostels I have ever been at.

• 7th Jan 2015

Thanks so much for your positive review! We couldn't be happier that you enjoyed your stay with us :)