The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

I loved it, the room was very clean and comfortable, the staff was really kind and the hostel is very safe.

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Colombia

Thanks so much for your positive and helpful review! :)

Really enjoyed my stay! It is a great hostel :)

Hey Thanks for the positive review! Please visit us again soon :)

It was a good option to stay with you while my visit to New York. I just had a few problems with a noisy roomate that I had and with the fact that someone ate from my food that I put in the fridge. However, I would recomend this Hostel. Thank you!

Excellent hostel. One of the best i've stayed in. Absolute value for money, great location. I've stayed in multiple NYC hostels and this is by fair the best overall!

Would be good if people in shared rooms arriving late at night were put in shared rooms where other people also arriving late, at the end of the corridor.

• 27th Dec 2014

This hostel is soo overpriced. It's very noisy staying on the ground floor! We had a private room and there wasn't even a mirror in the bathroom. I got sick an still have a cold from how cold it was in the room! The extra heater they have is worked for on 15minutes. Not worth the money AT ALL! Paid over $1200 for 6 night at New Years. Please stay elsewhere. It looks good from the outset but I was sorely disappointed. WI-FI none existent. This hostel is way past its heyday! you pay for everything

Hello, Thank you for reviewing us- Our non-holiday rates are not as high and we have since fixed our hostel heating system. We hope to see you back in NYC very soon!

Common places are closed a little after midnight, so you only have the reception to go read a book or eat something (the kitchen is closed too, so get your food before). Since there's a pub or something in the basement, the reception is not really a good place to be anyway. The security guy at night is really rude and agressive. The location is far from what's advertised. The neighborhood seems safe enough but it's mostly dead, day or night. Price for value? Way too high

We appreciate your honest review. We will use your suggestions to better our hostel for the future. We hope to see you again very soon!

Excelente Hostel!! Já frequentei vários hosteis no mundo e nunca ví algum melhor do que esse! Estão de parabéns e recomendo sem dúvidas para todos que quiserem! Funcionários bem agradáveis, simpáticos e comprometidos! PARABENS!

Muito obrigado! :)

Decent hostel, the organized events they have were a really good way to meet other guest

• 25th Dec 2014

The location is great! The hostel is close to most attractions, which are all within walking distance. The staff here is super nice—especially Paco!—if you stay here, which you should, say hi to him for me! The bathroom is clean.

Thanks for your kind review! Hope to see you back soon :)

They need to extend more Bathrooms. Larger bathrooms would help. Having a Dry area and Wet area.

Thank you for your review. Please visit us again soon. Cheers!

The New York Loft Hostel actually has been more comfortable than expected. Friendly employees, large rooms, close to the subway. Unfortunately we've had to suffer two surprises. 1) Breakfast wasn't that proper than I've had in many other hostels in the world (bread, jam, butter and cereals, that's all). 2) The heater in our room weren't individually adjustable. Actually no problem, but our rooms felt like over 30 degrees. We had to sleep with open windows (in december) and we all got a cold!

We appreciate your honest and helpful review. We have since fixed our thermostat issue. Please visit us again soon :) Cheers!

Stuff wasn't helpful at all. Also I paid 75 dollars per night cause I booked hostel 1,5 months before. If I booked right before I came I could pay 40.

Hello, Thank you for reviewing our Hostel. Our rates do vary depending on time of booking. We hope to see you back in NYC! Cheers.

10/10 !!!! #BOOKTHEM #GOODPLACE #AWSOME #PROFESSIONAL #TEAM

Hello and thanks for the awesome review! We appreciate you staying with us and are so glad you loved it here as much as we do :) Safe travels!

If you expect to have a good night sleep this is not the place. There is too much noise in the building from other guests and from the staff of the hostel.

Thank you for your honest review! We do provide free ear plugs for our guests and try to keep the noise level to a minimum. We hope to see you back very soon! Cheers!

My first experience staying in a hostel! The staff were very friendly and the room was great!

• 19th Dec 2014

Hey Thanks for the kind review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay! Please visit us again soon! Cheers!

The facilities were really great and the kitchen was amazing!! Really loved how much stuff you had available for your guests. I would say the bathrooms could do with a bit more cleaning, it always felt like the 4th floor ones were dirty. And I don't know if it was just the distance of being on the 4th floor or the actual internet, but your WiFi is not the best and could do with some improvements. Great atmosphere. Overall though, would definitely visit again!!

• 18th Dec 2014

We appreciate your honest and helpful review. Please visit us again soon :) Cheers!

This hostel was clean and functional. It was not huge but was large, and therefore didn't feel particularly cosy. There isn't really anything to do within walking distance, though the metro is close by with easy access to Manhattan. The bar downstairs played music that was not to my taste (techno) but it was nice chatting to people over breakfast. There didn't seem to be any activities organised or place for other ideas. It did the basics very well and the doors had pictures of cool new york

Thank you for your honest review. We will take your suggestions to help better our Hostel services. We hope to see you back very soon to see these actions take place. Happy travels!

I had never stayed at a hostel before so I was definitely a little "iffy" about staying at one and this one was awesome! The staff was really helpful with everything, the security guard that works there at night was super cool and the bathrooms were always extremely clean. The bar downstairs also had a good crowd and good drink specials. Would stay here again.

• 18th Dec 2014

Hey! Thanks so much for your honest and helpful review! Please visit us again in NYC! Safe travels!

A couple complaints: 1. The breakfast -- I know it's free, but it's just really sugary and not nutritious at all. At the very least, add wheat bread as an option. 2. I came in just during the shift change and was told it would be 5-10 mins before I checked in. No problem! But instead I and one other person were waiting for at least 20 minutes while we could hear the staff chatting and giggling behind the desk. Everything else was great! I'll probably stay again next time I'm in the city.

Thank you for your helpful and honest review. Our breakfast option does include wheat bread as well as fruit and oats. We apologize for any other inconvenience you may have experienced and hope to see you back very soon! Cheers!