The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

I have mixed feelings about this hostel, on the plus side the location was fantastic, the rooms and atmosphere in the hostel were amazing. However the wifi was intermittent at best, and being forced to pay to use the computers felt a little underhanded for the cost of the hostel. Breakfast selection was reasonable but limited. The bar was well stocked with some excellent offers and entertainment. All in all this is certainly a hostel I would use again.

Thank you for your honest and helpful review. We do wish to see you back soon! Happy and safe travels!

Only complaint was the breakfast. We walked in the kitchen and just stared at it in disappointment and sadness

• 20th Nov 2015

Thanks for the feedback- we are sorry to hear you were disappointed! Please let us know what we can add to make it better. We hope to see you back!

personal comment to the hostel. not intended ti be published. the bar is a good idea but the way it is run at the moment is some wha unsettling. I went there once and decided to go elsewhere ...

Thank you for your feedback. Please feel free to email us some suggestions to help better our bar services. Hope to see you back soon!

Great Basement Bar, lovely crew. As a designer, this hostel's common areas delighted me. Also Tutu's right in front and Roberta's pizza were simply amazing.

• 2nd Nov 2015

Thanks for the positive feedback! We are so happy you enjoyed our hostel and the great surrounding places in our neighborhood! Please hurry back soon!

The neighborhood in Brooklyn that this place is in is probably in the midst of urban renewal. It has a gritty feel to it and there are some wholesale loading docks nearby. With that said, there are some kistch shops and markets that have already opened up and the hostel is 2 blocks away from the L line that brings you right to Chelsea and points in between. Beds in the rooms were mostly comfortable although mine had a broken spring. clean ensuite bathrooms and breakfast was actually ample

I stayed at the New York Loft Hostel in Brooklyn for 5 nights. The hostel is very modern, close to the metro station, close to shops and bars. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm room with 2 guys, I made friends with them for life. This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. I would recommend this to anyone and will return whenever I return. One thing though if you are going to have the free breakfast make sure you are there early, as it tends to get busy and people eat alot of the food.

• 31st Oct 2015
  • South Africa

Hey! So glad you enjoyed your stay with us- we appreciate your helpful suggestions :) Please visit with us again soon :)

Great stay - loved that my room had an ensuite bathroom. Free breakfast was great and staff very helpful. Location seems like a bit of a dodgy area, but is close to subway stop so very handy. One drawback - the Worst Pillows i have ever encountered

Hey Thanks for the feedback! We will take your suggestion and use it towards bettering our services! Hope to see you back soon :)

I had a bit of an issue with someone who had no checked out of my room. They left there stuff and still had access to my room. I advised the front desk of this twice. Then finally the un checked guest returned at around 3 am thinking I was in his bed. I feel like this could have been avoided as the front desk was beside my room.

Thank you for your honest feedback. We believe the issue may have been the guest switching rooms. Any guest who checks out of the hostel does not have access back into their previous room. We do hope to see you back soon.

the cleanliness and the space in room is really great! but the wifi signal is freaking bad... btw, the price is too high to afford it.

Thanks for your honest review! We have since upgraded out internet provider! Visit us during the holiday season, our prices are much more affordable and NYC covered in snow is something you have to experience :)

I don't know why the localocation got a high rating.... Is not good, it is far away from the nice side of Brooklyn The WiFi was crappy all the timtime... And they charge you 3 $ for baggage storage without even giving you a ticket to identify youryour suitcase... Anyone who gets in the storage without supervision

Thank you for reviewing us! We appreciate your critique and will take your suggestions to help better our services. Our storage room has surveillance cameras in side and we only allow access from the front desk once a guest is properly identified. We hope to see you back soon!

Das Hostel liegt in Brooklyn und in der Nähe der Metro Station. Dadurch hatte man überhaupt keine Probleme in das Stadtzentrum zu kommen. Raum war etwas beengt, aber trotzdem ok. Mitarbeiter waren super hilfreich The Hostel is in Brooklyn and near to a metro station. This was very fine. You don't have problems to get in the city or anywhere else. The people were really nice and they always helped us when we have questions or anything else. The room was a little bit too little but it was great.

• 19th Oct 2015

Danke!!! Hurry back soon :)

Stayed in a 4 bed dorm with bathroom. Big enough room with lockers and decent sized shower. Annoying that there was no power points near the beds. Woke up one night freezing and the next night woke up hot, so must have been heating issues going on! The loft is one of those goods hostels that could be so much more and become a favourite while travelling. Despite several older people staying at the hostel as a single traveller, it would have been appreciated to see more hostel events run.

We appreciate your honest and helpful review. We wish to see you back in our warmer months for some free BBQ dinners and backyard happy hour!

I booked a room with towels include. For the first 2 days there were no towels available. We had to keep on going down to reception to ask and they would run out every time. As an idea, if the towels are included in the room, perhaps these should be left in the room as part of the checking process. The room was pretty hot, and even though there was an air conditioning unit in it, there was no way to have it turned on.

• 17th Oct 2015

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your helpful suggestions and hope to see you back very soon!

I have stayed at many hostels all over the world. This was one of the more expensive-yet no hot water. I mentioned the problem to the fellow checking the security of the e-lock for each room on Saturday afternoon & the receptionist Yet Sat nite and at 5am Sun am (I had to leave early) still no hot water. This is also a health issue: the dishes were washed by staff (who also cleaned the floors and toilets) with cold water. And no reduction offered at checkout. Hotels cost only $20 more a nite!

• 16th Oct 2015

Thank you for your honest and helpful review. Our maintenance staff are on call to ensure that any issue will be taken care of in a timely fashion. We do hope you consider us again when you return to New York City!

The personal is not very kind, specially a guy called saul, hes allways smoking weed and he dont care at all about people in hostel. Its difficult to sleep at night with all the noise that make staff in the reception. Wifi conecction is poor in the rooms. I stayed 6 nights, 3 of them the water in shower was cold. And it was very cold outside.

• 15th Oct 2015
  • Argentina

Thank you for your feedback. We hold our employees at a high standard and will address this matter accordingly. We do hope to see you back soon so we can show you a great time in NYC!

Better lighting in the rooms. My room had a yellow light in it

• 15th Oct 2015

Thank you for your helpful review! We hope to see you back soon!

Very well run, efficient hostel with good location and atmosphere. Very good standard of cleanliness, with great staff (kitchen cleaners and reception). Efficient check-in service. The main complaint was the wifi didn't work very well, very slow and wouldn't work in rooms.

Thanks for the positive and helpful review. We have since upgraded our internet provider. Hope to see you back soon!

quite a large hostel but has good facilities, unfortunately with all things new york it's a bit expensive but close enough to metro stations

• 13th Oct 2015

Thanks for the feedback! Hope to see you back soon!

Manager was very rude.

• 13th Oct 2015

We are sorry to hear your experience with the staff was less than satisfactory. Our main priority are for our guests to have an amazing experience. We hope to see you back soon!

it was a nice hotel, very clean and very spacious. It was in a near business area section which is starting to look like an upcoming place. Nice hang out spot outside and a bar downstairs.

Thank you for the positive feedback! Hope to see you back in Brooklyn soon :)