The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

This is a great hostel. I was here last year and was back this year- and I'd return next year. The web wasn't as zippy as i remember it, but it was ok. The staff were friendly and helpful. The common areas (esp. the roof terrace) and free food are awesome, and the rooms are comfy (i had a 2 person again). Also: Maybe it's just that the building is old and it's New York, but the old-ish bathrooms have a kind of dirty feel to them - the grungy tiles are something that make a noticeable difference.

Hey Thanks for the positive feedback and helpful tips! We hope to see you again next year and will definitely take your suggestions to help better our services.

I will be back again ..If I have chance.. I like the place not in the city and not far I got a new friend there and comfortable around the area good for the price... Cheer.!!

• 1st Aug 2015
  • Thailand

Thank you for your positive review! :)

i am very angry that they didnt even make my bed. and after I asked them to do so, I went back to my room seeing the trash that belonged to the previous guest and I had to clean them by MYSELF and the bed wad such a messg without blanket. Worst thing ever.

• 30th Jul 2015
  • China

Good stay, enjoyed my time there greatly. Thank you very much fr everything.

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Zimbabwe

Firstly, let me just say that the staff at the hostel were super friendly. They were happy to direct me to where I needed to go and give some advise about awesome places in they area. Located close to Manhattan and was pretty easy to get to from Newark Airport (takes an hour and a half but is pretty cheap). Bar is pretty neat and bands are always fun and unusual and always happy for a chat after. It's pretty easy to meet people there and as a first time traveller it really was pretty awesome.

Thank you for your positive feedback! So glad you enjoyed your time with us :)

Overall a good place to stay. The place is clean and there is a lovely place to chill out in the back. However, my pet peeve about this place is that the wifi ceases to work or is abysmally slow. It's almost non-existence in the rooms on the upper levels.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

Thanks so much for your feedback- we will take your suggestions to help better our services! Please visit us again soon :)

Lovely outdoor courtyard and a good breakfast! Loved staying in Brooklyn compared to Manhattan.

Thanks for the positive feedback! :)

Very pleasant stay, comfortable bed and I 2as in nice spacious 3 bed room. Would recommend to other travellers. Handy for the subway.

Thanks for the kind review!

No Alcohol allowed which was a bit of a downer, but they have happy hour every evening, they have their own bar in the basement, but it doesn't have a vibe or natural light. Facilities were good. Rooms were clean. Sensor light in the bathroom did keep switching off while in the. You can meet fellow travellers in the outdoor common area and the decor of the place is modern and cool. I'd stay again definitely.

• 18th Jul 2015

Great looking hostel in a convenient location. Only suggestion would be to have bigger lockers in the rooms for those who are travelling for longer time as I could only fit a smaller backpack in mine. Also didn't really see any tours/suggestions of what to do. Common areas really nice, great stay in summer.

We appreciate your helpful feedback. We will take in to consideration your suggestions! Hope to see you back in the big apple soon :)

The internet connection is painfully slow, and if you have to get work done using the internet regularly, it can be very frustrating. With many guests who rely on the internet, It would be wise to update the speed and access of the internet connection. Otherwise, many things about the hostel are good. They do not crowd you in a room with too many beds, and the rooms are nice with the exposed brick.

Thanks for the helpful feedback! We hope to see you back very soon!

Location was a little sketchy at times but overall not too bad. Outdoor terrace area was nice. Bar in the basement was small and not cheap but still nice to have. Rooms were a little small but beds were pretty comfortable. No mirror in the bathroom or in the room but the communal bathrooms had mirrors. Staff weren't very friendly but didn't seem to affect my stay.

We appreciate your feedback. We will take your suggestions to help better our services. We hope to see you back very soon! Happy travels!

Can't bring outside alcohol in because they have a bar, which is understandable... but the bar is super expensive. The ladies at breakfast are amazing and sooo nice!! Also have to be patient with the wifi, it'll work eventually. Still a fantastic hostel though

We appreciate your feedback! So glad you enjoyed your stay!! Please visit us again soon.

Fun! It is cool cause it has both elements of being a relaxed and more lively hostel - you can be quiet and merry - or have a few drinks, meet people amd have fun. Highlight was playing at the open mic night in the basement bar :-)

Hey! Thanks for the kind words! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We love when our guests become the stars of the bar! Please visit us again soon! Happy travels.

It was great! I love all the art painted on the walls and doors. Would totally stay there again;)

• 9th Jul 2015

Hey! Thanks for the kind words- We can't wait for you to visit us again soon!

Really liked the hostel. It was a shame that we weren't allowed to bring in our own alcohol (I guess it was to do with licensing laws). The hostel itself was great, but there weren't any further activities organised during our stay other than a BBQ that was average.

Thanks for the feedback! We appreciate your insight and hope you can come back to visit us soon!

I got highly upset with this hostel. I had booked for 2 days and informed the hotel upon check in that I would only need 1 night they still charged me for both nights. The Hostel Employee also was a bit rude and cold.

We appreciate your feedback. Our hostel has a 24-hour cancellation policy that is noted when you make your reservation. We hope to see you back soon so we can show you a great time in Brooklyn! Happy travels!

Unfriendly staff, early check-out time, they were not interested in helping out at all. Didn't pay back 5 USD key deposit because of late checkout (that correlation wasn't mentioned anywhere).

• 3rd Jul 2015

Thank you for your review. We are saddened that you did not enjoy your stay. Our late-check out policy is mentioned in all of our rooms. We hope that you can come back so we can change your mind about our friendly hostel! Happy travels!

A very good place to stay in new York

Thank you for your kind words- please visit us again soon!

This is an ideal place if you travel alone to NY, believe me.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Thanks for the helpful feedback! Hope to see you back very soon! Happy travels!