The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

All good! Was a pleasure to stay there ! :)

Thanks so much for the review! Hurry back soon :)

Great cocktail hour, breakfast. Great place to meet friends, because everyone so friendly

• 25th Oct 2014

Hey- Thanks so much for the kind review. We hope to see you back soon so you can meet some more great people! :)

I will definitely stay there again, as I travel to NYC periodically. Kitchen/common area really nice, and the place as a whole is clean and comfortable. Altogether a great facility! Recommend having ear-plugs with you for the nights that the club next door has a band, if you are a light sleeper.

• 24th Oct 2014

Thanks so much for the honest review! We hope to see you back soon :)

The staf was very friendly and Always very helpful, polite with a smile on theire face. Especially we would like thank a very nice girl in the reception "from Armenia we think she came" wich helped us set up the possibility to attend a fantastic adventure in a local Brookly Church on the sunday. So nice of you with such great service-mind!! To Management; 1. somone, in the middle of the night stumbeled in to our room although locked (security)? 2.shocked over the unhealty breakfast.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Hello! Thank you very much for the kind and honest review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We will take your suggestion about offering a healthier breakfast- as well as address the issue of someone entering your room at night. Greetings from Karina- It was lovely to have met you, hope to see you back soon :)

The neighborhood may not be very safe but there were always some pedestrians on the road. I lived in a four person room. The first night was a disaster. One guy came back at 1 am and started to use computer...... But three nights after that is OK. you can take a decent shower. And you could also enjoy good breakfast for free every morning. Thats basically a nice trip for me!

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • China

Hello, we appreciate you reviewing our hostel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our amenities. We wish for you to come back visit soon :)

Cool area and really easy to get the Metro into the city. Really helpful staff. Probably not the best atmosphere but I was out a lot of the time anyway. The only issue I had with the room was that it was ridiculously hot the first couple of nights and the staff didn't have control over the heating. After those nights, it was fine. Would stay again!

The New York Loft Hostel is one of the more expensive hostels and in some ways one of the best. It's location in Bushwich is ideal, only 15 minutes to Manhattan's 14th Street Station. From there you can go downtown or midtown in about ten minutes. The rooms in the hostel are small compared to the Moore Street hostel two blocks away. The bathrooms are not very clean and the TV room cuts down on social interaction but the hostel has a great garden and a bar downstairs with live music.

We appreciate your honest and helpful review. We will take into account your suggestions and hope to see you back very soon :) safe travels!

Our stay here was really good, the open courtyard area was great to have a couple of drinks in and the bar downstairs a was a bit of fun. It's really close to the subway however there isn't a whole lot else around. You also aren't allowed to bring your own drinks into the hostel and there aren't many group activities happening which is a shame. Also the curtains are super thin which makes it hard to sleep past sunrise! Still a good place though where we met lots of great people!

Best hostel I've ever stayed in! Clean, comfy beds and bathrooms, staff were v.friendly and helpful. Everyday there is something on, parties, gigs, comedy, bbq's - the days we didn't fancy going to Manhattan we still had a great time here! Location is good, we took the L-train into Manhattan which is round the corner, takes about 15minutes and gets you straight to 6th, 8th and Union square. Fantastic stay, great value for money and would definitely recommend and return. Thanks guys!!

• 20th Oct 2014

Thanks so much for the kind review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you back very soon :)

I arrived in the middle of the night, the area looked run down and deserted, I was, i'll admit, nervous. That was the last real worry I had. From check-in to check out, couldn't have been happier, and the staff couldn't have been more happy to help. The 24 hour reception is a godsend for late arrivals and early starts (I had both), the bar, kitchen and other communal facilities were spot on. The rooms were basic, but comfy, clean, and convenient. I'd happily recommend the place to anyone.

• 20th Oct 2014

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and we wish to see you back very soon :) Thanks for the review! Happy travels!

Great place to stay. I was nervous about the luggage storage room. It did have a video surveillance camera inside, but I still felt it would be pretty easy for somebody to steal from this room. Other than that, it was good, clean, and just a fun building in general.

• 20th Oct 2014

Hey, Thanks so much for the honest and kind review- we are glad you enjoyed staying with us and we can't wait to see you back soon :) Happy travels!

Really great hostel. Really clean, great bathrooms with shower and toilet in the one room so you get enough privacy, and spacious rooms. Helpful staff and great location in a cool part of Bushwick, plenty of good food and drink options in walking distance and easy to get into Manhattan on the L. Great social atmosphere and had a ball hanging out with people from all over the world. Would definitely stay again!

Thanks so much for the great review! We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you very soon! :)

Just terrible. I stayed in the dreaded room 101, which is immediately behind reception. I could hear everything going on in the hall and anyone coming into the building, plus noise from the street (cars, people outside chatting). I had to take cold showers the entire time I was there, their water heater must be from 1920. The area sucks, there are projects right down the street, many streets are not well lit, the supposed "street art" is at least half common tagging. Never again.

Hello, Thank you for your honest review. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Our water heater has since been checked by our maintenance team and working properly. We also offer free ear plugs to our guests as well as change their rooms for them if requested. We hope to see you back soon

This hostel is one of the very best I have ever stayed at. The rooms are clean and spacious, and there is ample common space in the kitchen, courtyard and on the upper terrace/deck. The staff is very helpful and friendly, and there is now a cool little bar downstairs where you can unwind and catch some live entertainment. Whether you are travelling alone or with others, this is a perfectly comfortable place to be.

• 16th Oct 2014

Hey ! Thank you for your kind review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! Your husband and yourself were ideal guests and brought great ambiance to the hostel! Please visit us soon :)

Clean, well maintained, friendly staff, nice frills like free bbqs, great guests (in my experience), close to the city - one of the best hostels I've seen in the world, basically.

• 16th Oct 2014

Hey - Thanks so much for the great review! Please visit us again soon :)

Safe, clean and super comfortable. Will definitely be staying again

• 15th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Hey - We appreciate your kind review- please join us again soon :)

Great hostel and super friendly staff. Loved the bar and stage in the basement. The garden was also very nice and peaceful. The hostel to stay in if you visit NYC and Brooklyn!

Thanks so much for the kind review! We hope to see you back very soon :) Cheers!

Loved the rooms--comfy, bright and enough room. Evening activities were great, including the shows in the bar downstairs. Unfortunately, the WI-FI rarely worked.

Hello, we appreciate your kind and honest review. We have recently upgraded internet providers and now have better working wifi throughout the hostel! We wish to see you back very soon :)

This hotel is in a great location. Awesome vibe, very easy to meet people & socialise. Good bar, lots of events like bands playing, free BBQ, movie nights. I ended up extending my stay here.

Hey - Thanks so much for your kind words. We are so happy you stayed with us longer than planned! Please visit us again soon :)

This is a well set-up hostel that gets a lot of things right, HOWEVER when accommodation is this expensive I find it ridiculous to be charged extra for towels, luggage storage, and computer use. Also they kept the heat cranked up constantly despite the warm weather so it was almost unbearably hot to sleep and we'd be opening windows or even using the A/C, which is crazy! Bathrooms could be cleaner. Still - friendly, helpful staff, nice communal areas, good area

We appreciate your honest and helpful review. We will take your suggestions into account to help better our services for the future. We hope to see you back very soon :) Safe travels!