The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

This Hotel motel offered breakfast. Just some cereal, toast, coffee maybe some juice. It was very difficult to get to. I managed to find it and when I got there the check in was long and tedious. If you did not bring a towel in which I did not they also will have charged a fee of $2 for one. If I had a choice for the money spent to stay. I would have stayed in a different hotel location.

This was an amazing hostel with amazing people. They have a really nice backyard where they have BBQ's a couple days a week. On wednesday they have a band playing in the bar. Because of these barbecues and the bar it is really easy to meet people and the atmosphere is great. It is not in the best neighbourhood of NYC but the subway to manhattan is a few minutes away. Although it is a little expensive I would defenitely recommend this hostel to everyone visiting New York.

With the price we had paid, you'd think they could afford to fix one of the bathroom doors that did not lock. One of the girls at the front desk seemed like she wanted to be elsewhere with the boy lingering around the front desk each time she had a shift. Overall would definitely not recommend.

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hostel. We appreciate your input and will take your critique to improve our services. Our main priority is customer service and we hope to see you back so you can see the improvements.

Everyone was really friendly, including staff members and guests. The front desk clerk gave  us suggestions on what places to go visit. I enjoyed our stay and would definitely go back again.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Guatemala

I love the Loft Hostel! Such a lovely space. Much nicer than most hostels. Very clean and friendly staff.

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you soon!

Super expensive for what it is. I've been hostelling solo all summer and this was by far the most unfriendly hostel I've stayed in! Staff were ok. Room was big and clean enough but super basic. There are small lockers - not big enough for anything bigger than a purse but there is a luggage storage room if you fancy paying an additional $3 a day. WiFi was good and breakfast (although basic and early) was free. Nothing hugely bad, but nothing to rave about. It was just ok.

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time out to tell us about your experience. Our main goal is customer service and we take into account all of the reviews to better our hostel for the future. We hope to see you soon!

Staying the NY Loft Hostel was a great choice. Friendly staff, all facilities you need, clean and many nice places close by such as Café Noir for a nice breakfast or Café Tutu across the road with good food and nice atmosphere. Metro is close by and brings you to Manhattan in 10-15 minutes

• 10th Jun 2014

Close to food markets, subway, coffee shops n the L train runs a couple if blocks away, the room was comfy and the locker fit my carryon suitcase. I stayed on an all female dormant and the sir conditioned worked great, also I made friends with my roommate. I've stayed here already twice and I will continue to return. Clean, quest, considered staff.

I'm usually not one to review (but I read the heck out of them before I book), and the service was FANTASTIC! Major props to Karina for all of her help with a tiny issue I had. Staff keep the kitchen clean and are super nice. The ambiance is spectacular, I feel cooler for having stayed there. At first it was intimidating because the are is industrial. What I first mistook as intimidating by the end of the trip was so exciting to go look at and really gave the area character. Convenient location.

• 9th Jun 2014

While the hostel is only a block or two away from a subway line that feeds into manhattan the surrounding area felt unsafe. We were woken at 6am by a fight on the street and didn't feel comfortable walking more than two blocks from the hostel. However, the hostel was clean, functional and served it's purpose of providing a comfortable bed for the night.

• 7th Jun 2014

I booked and paid for a dorm with 3 beds, but was placed in a dorm with 4 beds. The bathroom door did not lock, and there was only one other bathroom on my floor, so if the one with the working lock was occupied, you had to use the one with the broken lock, and chance people walking in on you (which they did). The breakfast in the morning was bread and jelly. Don't be fooled into thinking you are getting some sort of real sustenance to start your day, like a banana or apple.

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hostel. We appreciate your input and will take into account your critique to better our services for the future. We apologize for the extra bed in your room- we have since organized all rooms accordingly so that should never happen again. Our maintenance staff is always on call and if something is reported as broken they immediately take on the task of fixing it. Our breakfast also includes fruits such as bananas, apples and oranges.

I had a nice stay at the hostel. The property is nice, Iiked the backyard a lot. Spacious rooms although I didn't feel it was cleaned during my whole stay but I kept my room in order. The shared areas were clean and tidy all the time. Rob was very nice at front desk. The location is really good, metro is so conveniently close. Wireless connection is great! I would definitely go back to this place and appreciate their service.

The hostel is great! Everything was just perfect!

• 4th Jun 2014

I've stayed at many hostels in my experience traveling, teaching and studying abroad and this is the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. The building itself is very nicely designed, but it's lacking sorely in important aspects. The room was overpriced and had the bare minimum. It looked like a prison cell and the shower was ice cold.The woman at the staff barely acknowledge us nor did she give us a rundown of the place. Late at night, people were very loud and nothing was done to quell it.

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hostel. We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay. Our main priority is always customer service and we will take into account your critiques to better our hostel for the future. We hope to see you soon.

Lovely spot, staff are very friendly and happy to help in any way they can.

• 3rd Jun 2014

This place is the bomb. Great facilities, and the staff-which can make or break it in hospitality-is superb. Rob, Daniela, Ali, Karina

The experience over there was fine..we just spent very few time to have a quick dinner and just sleep..but when we were at the sun deck for dinner (the tables downtairs were occupied) we asked the recepcionist if she could turn on the lights..but nothing happened..so we had to eat in the darkness..a pity since the sun deck seemed a very nice place to stay..the rest was ok

• 31st May 2014
  • Argentina

Thank you for taking the time out to review our Hostel. We appreciate your input and will take your critique to help better our services for the future. We hope to see you back soon.

What a pleasant suprize to find such a clean quite and friendly place to stay in BUSHWICK. My only criticism woul be to have a breakfast cereal option that was a little more healthy , although the sugar powered coco puffs got me up and out the door.

• 29th May 2014

An underground drum and base club had set up the weekend I stayed running from midnight to 0900. As I was staying at the front of the building the noise reverberated through the wall.

Located in a very nice, alternative neighbourhood, the area felt totally safe and not sketchy like some people stated here. Rooms were very nice, staff wasnt very friendly and helpful. Barbeque was cool. They say on their website that you can train in the gym right across, but that isnt true. A bit too pricey.