The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

Been to many hostels in new York, we have been going here for the past 4 years, this has been the best one so far!

• 6th Nov 2014

Hello, we appreciate your kind and honest review. We hope to see you back soon in beautiful Brooklyn! Cheers!

The loft has the potential to be the greatest hostel ever with facilities etc, but the staff are so aloof and do nothing to bring people together. I relied on a long term guest for most useful information. The place is immaculate though.

Hello, Thank you for taking the time out to review us- we appreciate your honesty and will take your suggestions to help better our services. Our main goal is excellent customer service so we hope to see you back soon to these changes in effect.

Only negative point : having a mezzanine as a living room above the kitchen which makes it hard to watch movies as people in the kitchen are very loud. Otherwise perfect !! Thank you !!

• 1st Nov 2014

Hey- thanks for the helpful suggestion- we appreciate your review and hope to see you back very soon! Happy travels!

Will definitely recommend this spot. All the staff were lovely and so patient!!

• 31st Oct 2014

Hey- Thanks for your kind words- we were happy to have you stay with us and hope to see you back soon :)

I was so impressed by my first stay at the New York Loft Hostel, and I'll be back! It's a fantastic concept that has been executed beautifully. I felt safe, loved the neighborhood, enjoyed the free activities offered on site, and made some very interesting new friends who I will keep. Please bring your great concept to Los Angeles next!

• 29th Oct 2014

Hey! Thanks so much for your kind review! We hope to see you back soon and maybe we will bring our services to California one day :) Cheers!

Enjoyed our stay. Good communal areas in the hostel. Nice rooms. Short walk to the train station and staff very helpful. Would stay here again. Excellent wifi.

Nice hostel and very friendly staff. Close to the subway in a nonresidential area of Brooklyn - I had no problems walking back after midnight and never felt unsafe, but my nervous roommate felt the area was a bit dark and dodgy.

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Hey! Thanks so much for the kind and honest review! We are over the moon that you enjoyed yourself :) We hope you visit us soon! Safe travels!

I think the breakfast need some more choise of food and drink. See you next time!

• 26th Oct 2014

All good! Was a pleasure to stay there ! :)

Thanks so much for the review! Hurry back soon :)

Great cocktail hour, breakfast. Great place to meet friends, because everyone so friendly

• 25th Oct 2014

Hey- Thanks so much for the kind review. We hope to see you back soon so you can meet some more great people! :)

I will definitely stay there again, as I travel to NYC periodically. Kitchen/common area really nice, and the place as a whole is clean and comfortable. Altogether a great facility! Recommend having ear-plugs with you for the nights that the club next door has a band, if you are a light sleeper.

• 24th Oct 2014

Thanks so much for the honest review! We hope to see you back soon :)

The staf was very friendly and Always very helpful, polite with a smile on theire face. Especially we would like thank a very nice girl in the reception "from Armenia we think she came" wich helped us set up the possibility to attend a fantastic adventure in a local Brookly Church on the sunday. So nice of you with such great service-mind!! To Management; 1. somone, in the middle of the night stumbeled in to our room although locked (security)? 2.shocked over the unhealty breakfast.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Hello! Thank you very much for the kind and honest review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We will take your suggestion about offering a healthier breakfast- as well as address the issue of someone entering your room at night. Greetings from Karina- It was lovely to have met you, hope to see you back soon :)

The neighborhood may not be very safe but there were always some pedestrians on the road. I lived in a four person room. The first night was a disaster. One guy came back at 1 am and started to use computer...... But three nights after that is OK. you can take a decent shower. And you could also enjoy good breakfast for free every morning. Thats basically a nice trip for me!

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • China

Hello, we appreciate you reviewing our hostel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our amenities. We wish for you to come back visit soon :)

Cool area and really easy to get the Metro into the city. Really helpful staff. Probably not the best atmosphere but I was out a lot of the time anyway. The only issue I had with the room was that it was ridiculously hot the first couple of nights and the staff didn't have control over the heating. After those nights, it was fine. Would stay again!

The New York Loft Hostel is one of the more expensive hostels and in some ways one of the best. It's location in Bushwich is ideal, only 15 minutes to Manhattan's 14th Street Station. From there you can go downtown or midtown in about ten minutes. The rooms in the hostel are small compared to the Moore Street hostel two blocks away. The bathrooms are not very clean and the TV room cuts down on social interaction but the hostel has a great garden and a bar downstairs with live music.

We appreciate your honest and helpful review. We will take into account your suggestions and hope to see you back very soon :) safe travels!

Our stay here was really good, the open courtyard area was great to have a couple of drinks in and the bar downstairs a was a bit of fun. It's really close to the subway however there isn't a whole lot else around. You also aren't allowed to bring your own drinks into the hostel and there aren't many group activities happening which is a shame. Also the curtains are super thin which makes it hard to sleep past sunrise! Still a good place though where we met lots of great people!

Best hostel I've ever stayed in! Clean, comfy beds and bathrooms, staff were v.friendly and helpful. Everyday there is something on, parties, gigs, comedy, bbq's - the days we didn't fancy going to Manhattan we still had a great time here! Location is good, we took the L-train into Manhattan which is round the corner, takes about 15minutes and gets you straight to 6th, 8th and Union square. Fantastic stay, great value for money and would definitely recommend and return. Thanks guys!!

• 20th Oct 2014

Thanks so much for the kind review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you back very soon :)

I arrived in the middle of the night, the area looked run down and deserted, I was, i'll admit, nervous. That was the last real worry I had. From check-in to check out, couldn't have been happier, and the staff couldn't have been more happy to help. The 24 hour reception is a godsend for late arrivals and early starts (I had both), the bar, kitchen and other communal facilities were spot on. The rooms were basic, but comfy, clean, and convenient. I'd happily recommend the place to anyone.

• 20th Oct 2014

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and we wish to see you back very soon :) Thanks for the review! Happy travels!

Great place to stay. I was nervous about the luggage storage room. It did have a video surveillance camera inside, but I still felt it would be pretty easy for somebody to steal from this room. Other than that, it was good, clean, and just a fun building in general.

• 20th Oct 2014

Hey, Thanks so much for the honest and kind review- we are glad you enjoyed staying with us and we can't wait to see you back soon :) Happy travels!

Really great hostel. Really clean, great bathrooms with shower and toilet in the one room so you get enough privacy, and spacious rooms. Helpful staff and great location in a cool part of Bushwick, plenty of good food and drink options in walking distance and easy to get into Manhattan on the L. Great social atmosphere and had a ball hanging out with people from all over the world. Would definitely stay again!

Thanks so much for the great review! We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you very soon! :)