The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, New York, USA

My experience at the New York Loft Hostel was amazing. The staff there are so friendly and accommodating and are always ready to point you in the right direction if you are new to the city. I stayed i n a twin private room with a friend and we felt very safe leaving our belongings in our room for the day while we were out. It was also so wonderful to have free breakfast (toast, cereal, tea, ) every morning and have a communal fridge in the kitchen to store your own food!

• 15th Feb 2014

Hello Guest, It was our pleasure to accommodate you during your trip, it makes us happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay, come back soon! Best Regards

I enjoyed my stay at the New York Loft Hostel. The facilities were comfortable and the staff was helpful and friendly. I felt at home and was able to rest.

• 14th Feb 2014

Hello Guest, It was our pleasure to accommodate you! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we appreciate your comment! Best Wishes

Staff was extremely unaccommodating. My flight was cancelled and I was forced to stay another night. Despite there being many beds available I was still forced to pay full price to stay there. Shouldn't I have at least gotten some sort of discount considering that I had already paid to stay a few nights before??? They were literally about to send me off into the New York winter unless I coughed up the full price. Very poor service.

• 12th Feb 2014

Hello Guest, Sorry to hear about your traveling complications. When something like this happens it is not the hostels job to give you a discount for a separate business inconveniencing you. Perhaps you can contact your airline company as they sometimes cover the amount you pay for housing when a flight is cancelled. We would never send you off into the winter, but we also would not allow you to stay here for less money when the problem was not caused by us. We appreciate your business

Great place. Great value. Great location.

• 8th Feb 2014
  • South Africa

Hello Guest, So happy to hear that enjoyed our hostel, come back soon! Safe Travels!

This is the second time I've stayed in the NY Loft Hostel. Again, the staff is super friendly, I always stay in the off season (winter) so its not too crowded or loud. For the most part I have no major complains about the hostel, is nice and would recommend it to friends. However the beds, pillows were as if they hadn't been replaced since they opened and were in much need of replacing. Other than that I enjoyed my stay.

• 7th Feb 2014

Hello returning guest! Thanks for keeping us in mind while traveling, we are so glad that you decided to book with us again! We're looking into replacing our bedding, including the pillows so thank you for your feedback! Come back soon!

Nice hostel with friendly atmosphere and staff. 5-10 min by walk from Morgan av. subway station.

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Russia

Hello, Thank you for leaving us your feedback, we appreciate your kind review. We hope to have you return next time you're in New York! All the best!

I had a very good stay at the hostel, very clean and secure and everything you need there. The breakfast was very good and the rooms were warm enough during the winter :)

Hello Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay, and we appreciate the positive review. Come back soon!

My room was very cold at that time and someone steal my food from fridge.

Clean hostel, good common area. In an up and coming suburb which could look a bit shifty at night but it wasn't. Overall an enjoyable stay !

The stay was fine, the hostel had no atmosphere and wasnt what i expected from looking at the website, ended up checking a few days earlier

Hello Guest, Sorry to hear that your stay was not what you expected. We invite you to write us an email letting us know what we could have done better so that we can improve! Best Regards

Good hostel for a reasonable price. The transport into the city is easy and the hostel offers everything you need. If you want to escape the ridiculous prices in Manhattan - book here!

Hello Guest, Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback and we hope to have you return!! All the best!

The Positive: Amenities offered at low daily rates. Negatives: Based on this experience, communal lodging is not for me, not for my demographic. I was preoccupied with project deadlines/transition and wanted to keep a low profile. A few rude/quirky tourists made the atmosphere unpleasant . It was challenging for me to quickly grab or make something to eat in the kitchen, these abrasive guests didn't understand the word BOUNDARIES. I plan to stay at a proper hotel for the next conference visit.

Hello Guest, Thank you for leaving us your feedback. One of the unique parts about hostels is the common area and shared rooms. If you are uncomfortable with sharing space or get agitated easily, then we agree that a hotel would suit your preferences better. We hope that the staff, amenities, cleanliness and provided food were up to par while you were here, as those are the parts of the hostel that we have complete control over. We appreciate your business!

New York Loft Hostel was a wonderful surprise--clean, spacious, and just a few blocks from the L train for about what you would pay in many less-expensive cities. The staff was friendly, free of hipster attitude, and the free breakfast was thorough, with big bowls of fruit, English muffins, unlimited coffee, and cereal, rather than the half-assed effort in some hostels. With the three-bed dorms providing quiet and privacy, I would go definitely return.

Hello Guest, We appreciate your wonderful review of our Hostel, we look forward to your return! All the Best

Clean and a great value. Decent area with plenty of food close by. Close to the L train, easy to get to the city center. Staff was unbelievably helpful, they made my stay so nice!

Hello Guest! Thank you for leaving us a review, we always love to hear about how much people enjoy their stay! We hope to have you back soon! Best Wishes

Well worth the money!

• 28th Jan 2014

Easy subway access from Manhattan, large rooms, nice lounge area to relax, quick check-in & check-out, lots of bathrooms, reasonable price - everything was great.

• 21st Jan 2014

Hello Guest, We appreciate your great review of our hostel very much and we would love to have you return and stay with us again. Best Wishes!

Everything was great at The New York Youth Hostile, except I found the bathrooms (or at least the one we used) to be a bit inconvenient. There was no place to hang towels or clothes. I would suggest installing hooks. It would just make the showering experience a little better! Other than that, our stay was great, and I would definitely book with you again!

Hello Guest, Thank you so much for your feedback we appreciate your suggestions! We agree that putting some hooks in all the bathrooms for the guests would make things more convenient and we will start looking into that today. Hopefully by the time you return they will be installed! Best Regards!

I loved it here, very nice staff, (and extremely beautiful!) I will be back in May to stay a night for sure.

• 15th Jan 2014

Hello Guest, Thank you for your kind review, we are glad that we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay and we will look forward to seeing you in May! Safe Travels!

What can I say, it's my fiancee and It's favorite place to stay in the city!

I was impressed with the room layout - the way rooms are grouped to share bathroom facilities and to manage noise.

• 10th Jan 2014

Hello Guest, We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, we hope to have you return! Best Wishes.