The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

This is an ideal place if you travel alone to NY, believe me.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Thanks for the helpful feedback! Hope to see you back very soon! Happy travels!

While a little out of the city this hostel is close to the subway giving you quick access to Manhatten. The facilities are good, rooms are clean the atmosphere is laid back. It offers a good breakfast and has a bar attached gas well. staff were OK. For the cost possibly one of the better hostels in the NYC area.

I had a positive experience and a good stay during my time here. I was a bit worried about how loud it would get at night with so much hanging out on the back patio right by my dorm window but things calmed down by a reasonable hour to go to sleep.

• 26th Jun 2015

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you back soon!

It was the cleaniest and coziest hostel I've ever been to. tidy and confortable rooms, nice bathrooms and a beautiful backyard. Breakfast is inclueded and It was ok. Also the staff was always eager to help. The biggest problem was the distance to Manhattan. It takes about 40 minutes to get to 14 street station by subway. The neighboorhood is hipster and trendy, with cool bars and thirft shops, but I had to walk a lot to find a pharmacy and a convenience store. Anyway, nice stay!

• 21st Jun 2015

Brilliant hostel, well set up and just great!

• 20th Jun 2015

Thanks so much! Hope to see you back soon!

This was a very well set up hostel, I stayed in a 4-bed room which was very spacious & had its own bathroom. Breakfast was good, I really didn't spend much time at the hostel as I was busy sightseeing but every interaction with staff members was positive.

• 19th Jun 2015

The nightly rate is very high however the hostel does have a great atmosphere and comfortable, spacious dorms. The staff were friendly however the cleaners were rude and obnoxious at times barging into dorms early in the morning without knocking and proceeding to loudly talk amongst each other while myself and guests were sleeping. The free breakfast every morning was average. Just toast and cereal. However the location is the greatest feature of this hostel! The subway is minutes away.

Thank you for your feedback. We will use all your suggestions to help better our services. We hope to see you back very soon!

Really nice vibe, and lots of great people.

Thanks so much! We hope to see you back very soon! Happy travels!

Great place, clean, neat, very close to Morgan Ave. subway station. OK In terms of the value for the money.

Thank you for your honest review. Our goal is to provide our customers with an amazing NYC experience. We hope to see you back soon!

Don't be put off by the first impression as you get off the subway - explore before you make a judgement. This is an upcoming trendy area and the hostel fits in well. It is very friendly and clean and despite previous comments I could my hear the noise from the live music The room I was in was for 3 and it was spacious with a large private bathroom. Price was higher than other places I have visited but hey, you are in New York and prices are generally higher there. All in all, a good place.

Thank you for your kind words! We really appreciate your feedback and hope to see you back in NYC soon! :)

Really enjoyable stay here. Location wise it's in Brooklyn so takes about 20 minutes to get to downtown Manhattan but I didn't mind this at all - Brooklyn is a cool area. Very clean. Travelling alone and found it very easy to meet people. No BYOB.

The amazing staff is why I stayed in the city an extra three days. The amenities were amazing and it is located in such fun part of town. I only wish it was be little more affordable so I could have stayed longer.

• 14th Jun 2015

Thanks so much for the great feedback! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Please visit us again!

The hostel has a grungy sort of a feel and is in a hipster area of Brooklyn. I think it really depends on your tastes as to what you make of it. I wasn't a huge fan of the area, but then again I was only there two nights so maybe it grows on you! It was very close to the subway though so quick to get into Manhattan. Also cheaper than a lot of hostels in Manhattan. Even though it wouldn't be my normal choice of hostel, I met some cool people and enjoyed my stay here.

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Brooklyn. Hope to see you back shortly!

I wasn't there long, but I had an excellent time. The staff was helpful, and in no time at all I made friends with a number of interesting people from around the world. My only quibble: it was hot that weekend, and our air conditioner was a bit weak. Other than that, absolutely no complaints.

• 12th Jun 2015

Thanks for much for the awesome review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and hope you visit us again soon! Happy travels!

pretty good hostel. but as far as I remember, it is said this hostel has a gym in it. but There is no gym there.

Thanks for the review! We do have a gym that is across the street that gives our customers a discounted rate! :) hope to see you back soon.

The lockers were tiny, absolutely tiny. The beds weren't changed when I checked in, even though it was 4:30pm. I booked a four bed and they put me in a five bed. And the night manager was just utterly incapable--he was slow and unhelpful in resolving any issues. Having said that, the location is great and convenient for Brooklyn and the building was pretty clean.

• 6th Jun 2015

Thank you for reviewing us! We will take your suggestions to help better our services. We hope to see you back very soon!

The building is under construction and in my room it smelled like that. The top of my toom was not finished and there was no atmosphere in my room. Additionally I took a 10 minutes shower once and the light switched off 10 times because the light is enabled and disabled automatically and the sensor for the light does not catch youre movements in the shower. The breakfast was good and the employees were friendly, probably a good place to go in the future, when they are finished building.

We appreciate your review and your patience as we are finishing up our hostel improvements! We hope to see you back shortly. Happy travels!

Missing towels

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

Hello, thank you for your review. We provide towels at the front desk for a $2.00 one time fee. Our private rooms also have towels free of charge! Hope to see you again soon!

Great value for money. One of the nicest and most spacious hostels I have stayed in. Location is good, close to a station on the easily navigatable L-train line in funky Williamsburg. Highly recommend this hostel

Great hostel, I enjoyed staying in Brooklyn. I didn't realise the live band would be directly under my room though. Maybe it should be stated when you book your room. I was super tired each day so it didn't affect me too much. Overall very clean and spacious.

• 28th May 2015

Thanks for the honest and helpful review! We hope to see you back in NYC again!