The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

really nice hostel with great atmosphere. the rooms were nice and clean. the bathrooms however, were a bit dirty. the free breakfast is great!

Thank you for you kind review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay!

A good hostel. It's easy to get to manhatten but takes about 30 mins on the subway. Rooms are spacious and nice. Met some cool people here.

Hey, Thanks for your kind review- we hope to see you back very soon :) Safe travels!

Few things to mention. They had the heat set so high that I would sweat while in my room. I mentioned it to the front desk and it never seemed to get better. As a result we had to keep the window open in the dorm which welcomed in all of the noise from the neighboring bars, people on the streets, cars, and worst of all ambulances passing by. I did not get much good sleep. The floors creek a bit but the building is obviously very old. Otherwise very well kept facility.Free breakfast! Has a bar!

• 31st Dec 2014

Hello, Thank you for reviewing us! We hope you enjoyed your stay with us and please visit us again soon! Happy travels!

i really liked everything... thanks ..

• 30th Dec 2014

Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you back in NYC very soon :)

Staff amaizingly welcoming ! You should do a association with Tutu's the bar i the next street and propose something like "if you stay 2 nights in the Hostel, 1 burger with 50% off"'

• 30th Dec 2014

Thanks very much for your kind review and great suggestion! Hope to see you back very soon :)

When we checked in we were charged more than the agreed price. The staffected seemed like it was a hassle to do their job. The room had a strong odour of cooking gas. When I asked the staff they said there was a problem with the boiler on the roof and it was leaking gas. They assured me that it was still 'safe'. Was disappointed with the facilities and service.

Hello, we appreciate your honest review. Pricing may have been effected due to tax add-ons. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We hope to see you back very soon!

The room is not what I expected to be when I had my reservation as it was a little bit small for 3 people in actual, but I had a good sleep. They got friendly staff, easy access to subway and nice environment. I'll definitely book in this place if I plan to see new york again... :-)

Thanks for your helpful review! Hope to see you soon!

Very nice hostel but expensive,I guess that's typical New York prices... Charging additional 3$ for storage after paying a fortune for the night in NYE wasn't nice. The breakfast has a poor selection of bread for toast but besides that is fine! Staff was extremelly friendly and always helpful! I would recommend it to a friend specially to explore lower and midtown Manhattan and Brooklyn as it's fairly close to the subway.

• Portugal

Hello Thank you for taking the time out to review our hostel. We appreciate your honesty and will take your suggestions into bettering our services. We hope to see you back in NYC soon! Happy New Year!

So cheap and such a great hostel! Stayed in much worse places in NYC for much higher rates. This was one of the best hostels I've stayed in around the world, clean, big airy rooms with a lot of space and no bunks beds, great bathrooms, free breakfast every morning, lovely heated tent during the winter and they even have an onsite bar. Couldn't fault this hostel. Got more than value for money.

I loved it, the room was very clean and comfortable, the staff was really kind and the hostel is very safe.

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Colombia

Thanks so much for your positive and helpful review! :)

Really enjoyed my stay! It is a great hostel :)

Hey Thanks for the positive review! Please visit us again soon :)

It was a good option to stay with you while my visit to New York. I just had a few problems with a noisy roomate that I had and with the fact that someone ate from my food that I put in the fridge. However, I would recomend this Hostel. Thank you!

Excellent hostel. One of the best i've stayed in. Absolute value for money, great location. I've stayed in multiple NYC hostels and this is by fair the best overall!

Would be good if people in shared rooms arriving late at night were put in shared rooms where other people also arriving late, at the end of the corridor.

• 27th Dec 2014

This hostel is soo overpriced. It's very noisy staying on the ground floor! We had a private room and there wasn't even a mirror in the bathroom. I got sick an still have a cold from how cold it was in the room! The extra heater they have is worked for on 15minutes. Not worth the money AT ALL! Paid over $1200 for 6 night at New Years. Please stay elsewhere. It looks good from the outset but I was sorely disappointed. WI-FI none existent. This hostel is way past its heyday! you pay for everything

Hello, Thank you for reviewing us- Our non-holiday rates are not as high and we have since fixed our hostel heating system. We hope to see you back in NYC very soon!

Common places are closed a little after midnight, so you only have the reception to go read a book or eat something (the kitchen is closed too, so get your food before). Since there's a pub or something in the basement, the reception is not really a good place to be anyway. The security guy at night is really rude and agressive. The location is far from what's advertised. The neighborhood seems safe enough but it's mostly dead, day or night. Price for value? Way too high

We appreciate your honest review. We will use your suggestions to better our hostel for the future. We hope to see you again very soon!

Excelente Hostel!! Já frequentei vários hosteis no mundo e nunca ví algum melhor do que esse! Estão de parabéns e recomendo sem dúvidas para todos que quiserem! Funcionários bem agradáveis, simpáticos e comprometidos! PARABENS!

Muito obrigado! :)

Decent hostel, the organized events they have were a really good way to meet other guest

• 25th Dec 2014

The location is great! The hostel is close to most attractions, which are all within walking distance. The staff here is super nice—especially Paco!—if you stay here, which you should, say hi to him for me! The bathroom is clean.

Thanks for your kind review! Hope to see you back soon :)

They need to extend more Bathrooms. Larger bathrooms would help. Having a Dry area and Wet area.

Thank you for your review. Please visit us again soon. Cheers!