The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

Great value for money. One of the nicest and most spacious hostels I have stayed in. Location is good, close to a station on the easily navigatable L-train line in funky Williamsburg. Highly recommend this hostel

Great hostel, I enjoyed staying in Brooklyn. I didn't realise the live band would be directly under my room though. Maybe it should be stated when you book your room. I was super tired each day so it didn't affect me too much. Overall very clean and spacious.

• 28th May 2015

Thanks for the honest and helpful review! We hope to see you back in NYC again!

Really enjoyed the stay. I was me and 2 buddies and we reserved one ensuite private room for 3. Amenities were great from the funky decor to outside patio with kitchen and coffee machine. I drove to the location and the side street had abundant spaces. Nearby there was good dining/drinking options like Tutu's and 983 Living Room. Public transportation-wise there is the L train that can get us to Manhattan. Would definitely stay here again if I am back in Brooklyn

Thanks for the awesome review! We are so happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us! Happy travels!

A great place to stay, cool people and good atmosphere. The (small) payment for luggage storage after checking out is unnecessary in my opinion

Thanks for the review! We hope to see you back soon!

Very fun stay but often the showers would be cold

The breakfast - very basic breads and spreads. No eggs, no ham no cheese etc. Orange juice was always empty no matter the time. The room - we booked a three bed dorm room, a girl was put into our room we raised this issue with the front desk. Only to be told that we had booked a "dorm" and this was our mistake - Despite it being advertised as a three bed dorm. When asking for a resolution petty threats were made. Such as we would have to be split up or check in and out everyday Do not stay her

Hello, Thank you for reviewing us. We can only guarntee guests to be allocated together if a private room is reserved. An extra bed was in the room so that the whole party could stay together and a refund was also distributed to each guest. We do hope to see you back soon! Happy travels!

I was very concerned about the security of my car. I had to park around the corner in a desolate area. Also it was VERY noisy late into the night because of the live band downstairs. Maybe warn people. Ear plugs worked though. Other than that I thought the facility was very nice, attractive and unique. Loved the beautiful courtyard area and it was great to have breakfast included although maybe some healthier options would be better then white bread and sugary cereals.

Thank you for your honest and helpful review. We will take your suggestions to help better our services. Please visit soon! Happy travels!

We really enjoyed our stay in New York. It was great staying in that area of town, so close to Williamsburg, but also easy to get to Manhattan. Anywhere else in the world the room would've been overpriced, but for New York, it was good value! Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Thanks for your great review! We couldn't be happier that you enjoyed your stay! Please visit us soon! Happy travels!

The hotel has a nice location (close to the metro station) and the rooms and facilities are totally fine (clean bathrooms and linens). However, the staff wasn't exactly nice. The boys that stands during the evening are extremely helpful, but I cannot tell the same about the staff that attends the reception desk during the day.

• 18th May 2015

We appreciate your honest review and will take your suggestions to help better our services. We hope to see you back very soon!

Very nice place, the back yard and patio are great, and I really enjoyed the comedy show. The only things missing were in the bathroom: no towel rack, nowhere to put my soap in the shower, nowhere to hang my clothes in the bathroom. These are details, but they're pretty practical to have!

• 17th May 2015

We appreciate your helpful review! We will use your suggestions to help better our services! Hope to see you back very soon!

Was nice!!!

Thank you!! Visit us again soon!

In general was good. The only thing I didn't like was that the bath in my room has not hot water during all day. I was recommended to use the bath in the floor, but anyway I paid for a room with a bath, and this bath was supposed to has hot water.

• 15th May 2015

We appreciate your honest review. We are currently improving our Hostel so it is better than ever. We hope to see you back very soon!

Bathrooms were always wet and there was no space to place your towel or clothes to keep them clean and try.

• 15th May 2015

Thank you for your honest and helpful review. We will take your suggestion to help better our services. We hope to see you back soon. Cheers.

Only complaint was the almost persistent lack of hot water in the showers, though I'm given to understand that's being fixed.

• 14th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Water was so cold in the shower

Thank you for your honest review! We are working on installing a new heating system. Customer service is our number one priority!

Great experience

Like most New York hostels is over priced but is a good quality hostel. You have to pay to use the computers which is not ideal. Dodgy wi fi. Some staff are awesome, some aren't. Not a party hostel, a lot of people just want a place to sleep. Free BBQ on Thursday was amazing. Fun bartender, keep up the energy Alex! Be aware that price goes up on the weekend..

We appreciate your helpful review! Please visit us again soon- We would love to see you back!

I had a wonderful stay! Everyone is so friendly and they put effort into making the atmosphere social by hosting HH and bbq for the guests. Beautiful courtyard and common areas and a crew that is constantly cleaning. Very conveniently located next to the subway station which is great after a day of hiking all over NYC and you just want to flop into bed. Lots of hip bars and cafes in walking distance although not actually in Williamsburg which is just 5 stops away on the L train.

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Thanks for reviewing us! Hope to see you back soon.

It had a good vibe, cleanliness was really good but service at the concierge could have been better.

• 10th May 2015

We appreciate your honest review. We hope to see you back very soon! Happy travels!

Some staff were very helpful (male staff member) whereas others were not as helpful (female staff member)

• 8th May 2015

We appreciate you taking the time to review. We hope to see you back very soon!