The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

Good hostel in Williamsburg. I'll definitely stay here in the future.

• 10th Oct 2014

Hey ! Thanks so much for the kind review! We can't wait to have you back :)

Had no problems. Staff was helpful. Happy hour was a good deal and made for a great start to the night.

• 9th Oct 2014

Hey - We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! Please visit us again soon :)

Everything was great. Every time I go to new york, I stay in this hostel. I love it. I would really recomend it to anyone who goes to the big apple. The breakfast is great, and the backround area is really nice. It even has a ping pong table!

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Argentina

Hey - Thanks for the awesome words! We appreciate your review and hope you visit us again!

This is a good place to stay, enjoy, easy to go to Manhattan... The only thing is don't consider there is a serious breakfast and Internet connection. Except that I recommend this hostel.

Hello - Thanks for your honest review. We have since fixed our internet provider so our connection is fully improved. Please visit us again :)

Location is great and the basic breakfast is a bonus but the stalf are unhelpful, the facilities are average, the Wifi did not work once the whole time I was there. loud music and squeaky beds, have to pay for luggage storage that everyone has access to and you not allowed to drink your own beer. Little to no sleep for the four nights my wife and I were there I would not go back nor recommend the place

• 7th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Hello James, Thank you for reviewing our Hostel- we appreciate your honesty and input. We will make sure to take your suggestions to help better our services. Customer service is our number one priority and we hope to see you back so you can see these changes in effect. For example, we have switched wifi providers and now experience no problems.

I needed a place to overnight while waiting for a layover and this was close to JFK and had great reviews. The staff was great, great happy hour sprcials. I liked the bar and live music. The free burgers and hotdogs was a big bonus. My only issue was having problems with internet connection but I figured I could live without that for a night so I never addressed it with the staff.

Hey Todd- Thank you for your kind review. We are thrilled you enjoyed yourself. We have since changed wifi providers and no longer experience any issues. We hope to see you back very soon! :)

This place was amazing. The bar downstairs was a blast and I me so many wonderful people from all over the world. The outside Patio was great as well, it was urban and unique. The breakfast was simple, yet did the job. I recommend this place for sure.

Thanks so much for the great review! We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you very soon! Safe travels! :)

New hostel so everything is clean and well maintained - rooms are big and the bathrooms are well kept. Good spot in New York and in a cool part of town with easy acess to the subway, bats and food trucks

Hey - Thanks for the great review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay! Come back soon- safe travels!

Even if you book a twin book all the beds are bunks. The toilet and the shower ar in the same bathroom and there are only 3 bathrooms (at least in the first floor). You had to wait for a long time in case you want to go to the toilet. They have a bar in the basement which was soundproof, but they left the door open until 12 o'clock. A lot of noise. Besides they people that were in the bar were using the bathrooms of the first floor.The location is ok and besides these points the hostel is good.

Hello Laura, Thank you for taking the time out to review our Hostel. We appreciate your input and will take your suggestions to help better our services. Our twin bed private en-suites come with a double size bed on the bottom bunk as well a bathroom inside. Each floor is also equipped with 5 restrooms that can be utilized by the guests. We hope to see you back very soon.

The bunk beds suck, they make noises and it was hard to go to sleep. No power plugs available at every bed, no towels, Wifi was broke like everytime. I love the hostel but there are just some things that don't work and need to be fixed. One morning there was no cold water when I tried to shower. Didn't have a blanket or pillow when arriving in my room. Really considering if I switch to AirBnb the next time I come to NY Bec I've stayed at the loft hostel a few times but it has to get better!!!

• 6th Oct 2014

Hey Julius- Thank you for taking the time out to review our Hostel- We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay with us. We assure you that all of your remarks will be taken into account and none of these issues will repeat themselves. For example, we have switched wifi services and now experience no problems when connecting to it. We hope to see you back soon to see these changes in affect.

Can`t imagine the last time someone had cleaned the room I was in.The wooden floor couldn`t even have been swept for a long time and the bathrooms weren`t cleaned the entire time I was there.I actually checked out early and won`t be back.My room was at the front.It doesn`t say on the website how noisy it is even at 3am.It might be a hostel and not a hotel but it should still be clean and I`ve been staying in new York hostels for the last 10 years.

• 5th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Hello- Thank you for taking the time out to review our Hostel. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Our cleaning staff are on call everyday and clean all restrooms and floors twice a day. Our new bar does increase the noise level a bit but we offer our guests free ear plugs and if requested, we can move you to another room on the opposite side of the hostel. We do hope to see you back soon! Happy travels!

Very Hard to get hot water in the morning during shower, added 1 more bed into your 3-male room (made it 4 people in one room) without informing you earlierly!!!

Hello, Thanks for your review- we apologize for any inconvenience experienced. We have since fixed all of the above issues mentioned. We hope to see you back very soon.

My biggest complaint was my fiend and in bad booked together and requested to be put in the same room because we are performers and keep strange hours. We were told via email we would be in the same room but since we arrived separately we were never put together. Ive used this hostel many times and have always enjoyed it but this just left ne slightly disappointed.

Hey , We apologize for an inconvenience that you may have experienced. We try our best to allocate guests into the same room whenever possible but if we are at capacity, we cannot guarantee the same room unless you reserve a private room. We hope to see you back very soon.

Pro: helpful staff, nice style of the hostel, the kitchen and garden was nice to meet people, just a short footwalk to the subway (L-Line), some bars and shops around Con: just thin blankets (too thin for october), the rooms at the mainfloor are noisy, room floors and bathrooms could be a bit cleaner

Hey - Thanks for your review! We appreciate your input! We just ordered new, thicker blankets for the winter season. We hope to see you back very soon :)

This Hostel is located in quite possibly one of the coolest neighbourhoods of New York. There are a number of hip cafes, bars, food stores and restaurants on the hostel's doorstep. Not to mention the nearby street art which is quite something (particularly if you head towards Jefferson Street, which you should!). After a day exploring Manhattan, a late night Brooklyn bound 'L' train is an enjoyable experience, you will see real bohemian New York. The Hostel staff are very lovely as well!

• 3rd Oct 2014

Hey ! Thanks for the great review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay- we hope to see you back in the near future :)

everything was ok except the cleanliness. Baths could be cleaned more often at least once a day!! As the persons per bath ratio is very high! Athmosphere is nice although the kitchen is crowded in the mornings. There is no hottub anymore :-( Some other guest stole 140$ out of our two persons room. The hostel staff told us its easy to open doors with a plastic card... Wifi is extremely slow! I think there are other hostels (int. students residence) that are more value for money!

• 3rd Oct 2014

Hello - we appreciate you taking the time out to review our hostel- we apologize for any issues you may have experienced. Our cleaning staff does a full hostel clean up every day. We have also recently changed our internet provider so our wifi works very well! All of our room come equipped with a personal locker where you can lock up all valuables. We hope to see you back very soon!

You need to have some map from Brooklyn

Hi -Thanks for the review and the suggestion. We will do our best to make this happen so we can better our services! We hope to see you back soon :)

I enjoyed the hostel, this was my third or fourth time using them. I felt the staff varied from either really attentive to the clients to flippant to the clients needs. When I went, I expected to be roomed with my friend since we had arranged for us to be in the same room, however; when the day arrived for me to be there, we were put in separate rooms even though we were promised we'd be put in the same room.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Hey - We appreciate your review. We will take in all your suggestions to help better our services as customer service is our number one goal. We can guarantee that you will be placed together with your friends next time if a private room is reserved. Hope to see you soon!

I've stayed here many times and have always been pleased with everything. I was upset that my friend and I were separated into differentrooms when we had contacted the hostel well ahead of time requesting a room together as we are performers with strange hours. We were told we would be together but we weren't.

Hey Elizabeth- we appreciate your review and kind remarks. We sometimes cannot keep guests in the same room because of our allocating system. To guarantee you and your friend to be placed together we have private rooms available as well. We hope to see you back very soon- happy travels!

I booked 3-male room, but one day they just added in one more bed (make it 4) without informing in advance. In the morning , the shower sucks. It was very hard to get hot water, even if it was hot. Just a few minuites later, it turned cold and you need to wait so long to ......

Hello, Thank you for your review- we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We will take into account your suggestions and help better out services for the future. Hope to see you soon!