The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

Very nice Hostel. Staff is really helpful and friendly!!! Facilities are in an excellent condition. A brilliant Roof Patio at the hostel. Unfortunately, the weather was too bad. :(

We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us! Hurry back soon in the spring time! Great weather then :)

Great hostel. Friendly staff, clean facilities and close to the subway.

Thanks so much! Happy travels!

Had a great time at this hostel! Met lots of fabulous people and staff at the bar in particular were very friendly. Lots of fun places to check out nearby and Manhattan was super accessible on the subway too. Thanks!

• 9th Sep 2015

Yeii!!! Thanks so much for your review we are looking forward to hosting you again!!! Cheers,

Getting here is easy it can be super safe or go the other way depending on what streets you take. Clean rooms a little work needed on the common areas. AC it seems across all the site needs upgrade because you can sweat bullets. Really interesting people and great conversations to have !

Room was not clean, was not friend or helpful. Outside area was very nice however

• 8th Sep 2015

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you back soon!

Stayed here for a week as my base. Really good location near a subway station and plenty of nice places for food or drink near by. The common area is really cool and the basement bar is handy if you want a place to mingle. Staff are fine and it's got a laundry to use.

there was a barbeque at labor day, but otherwise they didn't offer any pub crawl events.

• Switzerland

Thanks for the review! We have a bar downstairs with live band performances and special night life events weekly! Hope to see you back soon :)

On the 3 hottest days of the year our aircon was broken which resulted in minimal hours of sleep. It was an awful experience. Despite our multiple complaints this was only resolved 2 hours before checkout as the first repair only made things worse. 2 hours of pleasure out of 72 is a poor ratio in my eyes. Bathrooms, especially shower heads should be cleaner.

• 7th Sep 2015

We are sorry to hear your stay was not a good one- we have since fixed our maintenance issues. We hope you can visit us again so we can show you that we are the best place to stay in NYC!

Everything and everyone was AMAZING! Met lots of great people and I give the staff a standing ovation! Wifi didn't always work too well, but that was a minor issue. Staff - Amazing Comfort Level - !00% Location - 2 blocks from the subway, no brainer Lot's of other local things to get into that are in walking distance.

• 7th Sep 2015

Thanks so much for the great review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us! Please visit us again soon :)

One of the staff members was very unfriendly and was more interested in her phone than checking me in. Bathrooms could be cleaner. Location is good, right near the L train. Good atmosphere. Bathrooms could be much cleaner

Thank you for your helpful review. Hope to see you back soon!

The hostel was very very nice! one of the best I ever stayed in. The staff was helpful and everything in a hostel was in a good condition! they really care about the atmosphere, tyhe kitvhen and the garden are incredible! what is more there is a bat in thebasement! in general people who stayed there were very willing to hang out and just chill. so that is the pure adventage of hostels, where young free open-minded people stay

We are so thrilled you enjoyed your time with us. There is so much more to explore in NYC- hurry back soon :)

The website says it should be around $33 from the airport , but I was over $50 for a taxi . Also the wifi is shocking , it's so slow and can only be used in random parts of the hostel , also lack of storage in rooms 2 metal padlock cabinates between 4 people how is that supposed to work , also there were 2 lamps in our room both on one set of bunk beds which I found random , but also they didn't work .

Thank you for your helpful review. We will take your suggestions to help better our services. The reason the taxi may have been a bit more expensive is due to the meter running longer when there is traffic. We hope to see you back again soon.

The lockers in the room are pretty flimsy, I would have preferred a much sturdier locker for peace of mind. All of the bedsheets were in very poor condition, due a refresh for sure. The free breakfast was lovely, but all the cereals were very sugary

Thanks for your review. We will take into consideration your helpful tips! Hope to see you back soon!

I was surprised with the overall facilities at NYC Loft Hostel, because it had such good reviews. I felt like I paid a lot of money, for a good location, but the wifi was barely working anywhere in the hostel, the rooms were way too small to have four beds in them, and in my room there was only two lockers. The bedside lamps weren't working, there should probably be some sort of mosquito net over the window because I woke up covered in bites, and one of the days there was no hot water to shower.

• 3rd Sep 2015

Thank you for your feedback. We will take your suggestions to help better our services- we hope you visit us again soon so we can better accommodate you. Happy travels!

i hope the breakfast can be more better. and i think if i dont need to change the room ,it woud be more better

• 1st Sep 2015
  • China

Thanks for the review. We have since improved our breakfast by adding more healthy options like fruit, yogurt and granola. We hope to see you back very soon!

It was great the garden and rec room was really cool

Thanks so much! Hurry back soon :)

I was pretty amazed by this place! I've never stayed in a Hostel before, and would absolutely do it again.

• 28th Aug 2015

amazing hostel, helpful staff and a brilliant atmosphere. felt very welcome throughout our stay.

• 27th Aug 2015

During my stay in New York i stayed in 4 different hostels, and this one was in every way the best! It has a very social set up, so it is easy to make friends, there is a 1$ Oyster happy hour on the corner of the street, and an amazing thriftshop 2 minuts away: "beacons closet" GO THERE, also great natural food stores. The rooms have a great New York loft style, and feel very spacious , you will have enough room for yourself and your stuff here. I liked it so much I extended my stay here.

• 26th Aug 2015

The staff member who checked me in was very nice, the complete opposite of the one who checked me out and sadly left a bitter taste in my mouth. Only other complaint is that the "free dinner" I was told about at check in/ on the day's chalkboard didn't even happen. Other than that it is a great hostel with spacious, tidy rooms. Lockers are on the small side but enough to lock valuables. Breakfast is among the best free hostel breakfasts I've found but get up early for the good stuff!