The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

So cheap and such a great hostel! Stayed in much worse places in NYC for much higher rates. This was one of the best hostels I've stayed in around the world, clean, big airy rooms with a lot of space and no bunks beds, great bathrooms, free breakfast every morning, lovely heated tent during the winter and they even have an onsite bar. Couldn't fault this hostel. Got more than value for money.

I loved it, the room was very clean and comfortable, the staff was really kind and the hostel is very safe.

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Colombia

Thanks so much for your positive and helpful review! :)

Really enjoyed my stay! It is a great hostel :)

Hey Thanks for the positive review! Please visit us again soon :)

It was a good option to stay with you while my visit to New York. I just had a few problems with a noisy roomate that I had and with the fact that someone ate from my food that I put in the fridge. However, I would recomend this Hostel. Thank you!

Excellent hostel. One of the best i've stayed in. Absolute value for money, great location. I've stayed in multiple NYC hostels and this is by fair the best overall!

Would be good if people in shared rooms arriving late at night were put in shared rooms where other people also arriving late, at the end of the corridor.

• 27th Dec 2014

This hostel is soo overpriced. It's very noisy staying on the ground floor! We had a private room and there wasn't even a mirror in the bathroom. I got sick an still have a cold from how cold it was in the room! The extra heater they have is worked for on 15minutes. Not worth the money AT ALL! Paid over $1200 for 6 night at New Years. Please stay elsewhere. It looks good from the outset but I was sorely disappointed. WI-FI none existent. This hostel is way past its heyday! you pay for everything

Hello, Thank you for reviewing us- Our non-holiday rates are not as high and we have since fixed our hostel heating system. We hope to see you back in NYC very soon!

Common places are closed a little after midnight, so you only have the reception to go read a book or eat something (the kitchen is closed too, so get your food before). Since there's a pub or something in the basement, the reception is not really a good place to be anyway. The security guy at night is really rude and agressive. The location is far from what's advertised. The neighborhood seems safe enough but it's mostly dead, day or night. Price for value? Way too high

We appreciate your honest review. We will use your suggestions to better our hostel for the future. We hope to see you again very soon!

Excelente Hostel!! Já frequentei vários hosteis no mundo e nunca ví algum melhor do que esse! Estão de parabéns e recomendo sem dúvidas para todos que quiserem! Funcionários bem agradáveis, simpáticos e comprometidos! PARABENS!

Muito obrigado! :)

Decent hostel, the organized events they have were a really good way to meet other guest

• 25th Dec 2014

The location is great! The hostel is close to most attractions, which are all within walking distance. The staff here is super nice—especially Paco!—if you stay here, which you should, say hi to him for me! The bathroom is clean.

Thanks for your kind review! Hope to see you back soon :)

They need to extend more Bathrooms. Larger bathrooms would help. Having a Dry area and Wet area.

Thank you for your review. Please visit us again soon. Cheers!

The New York Loft Hostel actually has been more comfortable than expected. Friendly employees, large rooms, close to the subway. Unfortunately we've had to suffer two surprises. 1) Breakfast wasn't that proper than I've had in many other hostels in the world (bread, jam, butter and cereals, that's all). 2) The heater in our room weren't individually adjustable. Actually no problem, but our rooms felt like over 30 degrees. We had to sleep with open windows (in december) and we all got a cold!

We appreciate your honest and helpful review. We have since fixed our thermostat issue. Please visit us again soon :) Cheers!

Stuff wasn't helpful at all. Also I paid 75 dollars per night cause I booked hostel 1,5 months before. If I booked right before I came I could pay 40.

Hello, Thank you for reviewing our Hostel. Our rates do vary depending on time of booking. We hope to see you back in NYC! Cheers.

We stayed in a private room, which was small (especially the bathroom!) but clean. The staff were helpful but not super friendly. Location was good - 5 min walk or less to the subway, which was great! The atmosphere was not too pumping though - the communal areas didn't seem to be getting much use, and the night we ventured down to the bar we were basically the only ones there! Maybe would be more happening in summer? I hope!

10/10 !!!! #BOOKTHEM #GOODPLACE #AWSOME #PROFESSIONAL #TEAM

Hello and thanks for the awesome review! We appreciate you staying with us and are so glad you loved it here as much as we do :) Safe travels!

The worst thing about this hostel was the location, because it was not in Manhattan. If you are OK with that then this is a good hostel for you. The staff is friendly, the neighborhood seems a little sketchy at first, but once you warm up to it, it has some nice restaurants. The subway is close (L-Train) and only takes about 25 mins to get to Manhattan.

If you expect to have a good night sleep this is not the place. There is too much noise in the building from other guests and from the staff of the hostel.

Thank you for your honest review! We do provide free ear plugs for our guests and try to keep the noise level to a minimum. We hope to see you back very soon! Cheers!

My first experience staying in a hostel! The staff were very friendly and the room was great!

• 19th Dec 2014

Hey Thanks for the kind review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay! Please visit us again soon! Cheers!

The facilities were really great and the kitchen was amazing!! Really loved how much stuff you had available for your guests. I would say the bathrooms could do with a bit more cleaning, it always felt like the 4th floor ones were dirty. And I don't know if it was just the distance of being on the 4th floor or the actual internet, but your WiFi is not the best and could do with some improvements. Great atmosphere. Overall though, would definitely visit again!!

• 18th Dec 2014

We appreciate your honest and helpful review. Please visit us again soon :) Cheers!