The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

This Hostel is located in quite possibly one of the coolest neighbourhoods of New York. There are a number of hip cafes, bars, food stores and restaurants on the hostel's doorstep. Not to mention the nearby street art which is quite something (particularly if you head towards Jefferson Street, which you should!). After a day exploring Manhattan, a late night Brooklyn bound 'L' train is an enjoyable experience, you will see real bohemian New York. The Hostel staff are very lovely as well!

• 3rd Oct 2014

Hey ! Thanks for the great review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay- we hope to see you back in the near future :)

everything was ok except the cleanliness. Baths could be cleaned more often at least once a day!! As the persons per bath ratio is very high! Athmosphere is nice although the kitchen is crowded in the mornings. There is no hottub anymore :-( Some other guest stole 140$ out of our two persons room. The hostel staff told us its easy to open doors with a plastic card... Wifi is extremely slow! I think there are other hostels (int. students residence) that are more value for money!

• 3rd Oct 2014

Hello - we appreciate you taking the time out to review our hostel- we apologize for any issues you may have experienced. Our cleaning staff does a full hostel clean up every day. We have also recently changed our internet provider so our wifi works very well! All of our room come equipped with a personal locker where you can lock up all valuables. We hope to see you back very soon!

You need to have some map from Brooklyn

Hi -Thanks for the review and the suggestion. We will do our best to make this happen so we can better our services! We hope to see you back soon :)

I enjoyed the hostel, this was my third or fourth time using them. I felt the staff varied from either really attentive to the clients to flippant to the clients needs. When I went, I expected to be roomed with my friend since we had arranged for us to be in the same room, however; when the day arrived for me to be there, we were put in separate rooms even though we were promised we'd be put in the same room.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Hey - We appreciate your review. We will take in all your suggestions to help better our services as customer service is our number one goal. We can guarantee that you will be placed together with your friends next time if a private room is reserved. Hope to see you soon!

I've stayed here many times and have always been pleased with everything. I was upset that my friend and I were separated into differentrooms when we had contacted the hostel well ahead of time requesting a room together as we are performers with strange hours. We were told we would be together but we weren't.

Hey Elizabeth- we appreciate your review and kind remarks. We sometimes cannot keep guests in the same room because of our allocating system. To guarantee you and your friend to be placed together we have private rooms available as well. We hope to see you back very soon- happy travels!

I booked 3-male room, but one day they just added in one more bed (make it 4) without informing in advance. In the morning , the shower sucks. It was very hard to get hot water, even if it was hot. Just a few minuites later, it turned cold and you need to wait so long to ......

Hello, Thank you for your review- we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We will take into account your suggestions and help better out services for the future. Hope to see you soon!

Nicer than a typical as-many-bunk-beds-as-possible hostel. A little far if you only want to go to Times Square etc. Never seems like enough restrooms (toilet and shower in one area). Can be a line-up at reception. More noise from common area than from street if you're trying to find a quiet room. Free wifi but I think you have to pay to use the computers?

• 1st Oct 2014

Hey, Thanks for taking the time out to review our Hostel. We appreciate your input and hope you get a chance to visit us again! Cheers!

Great location, easy to get to the subway and into Manhattan. Big spacious room shared with two other girls. Very loud at night, both week days and weekends, but nothing a pair of earplugs couldn't manage!

Hey Tara- thanks for your kind and honest review! We hope to see you back very soon :) Happy travels!

Awesome place to stay! The Happy Hour is good along with the free breakfast and BBQ on Wednesday and Friday nights. Also really cool to have a bar in the basement. My only critique is the cleanliness of the bathrooms. The bathroom closest to our room had shower/bath which had a lot of hair and dirt in it and there was no shower mat.

Hey Amy! Thanks for the review- we appreciate your input and will take your suggestion to help better our Hostel experience! We hope to see you very soon! safe travels!

Everything was excellent except that our room didn't have curtains and we woke up really early because of the light. Great bbq and bar! 🎉

Hey - Thanks for the kind review! We appreciate your honesty and will take your suggestion to help better our services! We hope to see you back very soon :)

Great place to stay, the best hostel I have tried so far in New York. Great atmosphere, free barbeque, movie nights and live music! you never get bored.

I Liked the loft hostel, but it's a little noisy because of the planes landing in JFK, and also it's close to some trucks parking lot. I didn't have problems to fall asleep there, but if you are very sensitive to noise you should know that. accept for that, a really nice home feeling hostel with great stuff and nice activities!

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Israel

Perfect place. Fun. Big. Cool neighborhood. Fast to go to Manhattan. Etc..

very fine

• 28th Sep 2014

Hey - Thank you for taking the time out to review our Hostel! We hope to see you soon! Happy travels :)

Overall poor value for money very small room with 2 superposed beds : the one on the top had to pay attention not to hit the ceiling when sitting the sink was very small as well in the ensuite bathroom

• 24th Sep 2014

Great hostel! In a safe area and only one stop to Manhattan. Four or five to Times Square but doesn't take long at all! Hostel is clean and the facilities are great. Definitely recommend staying here!

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Scotland

I liked the friendly, helpful desk staff. I'm a frugal business traveler in Manhattan for an interview and professional meeting. NY Loft Hostel fit my needs and my budget although I woke up early because of a dorm roommate's early schedule.

Hey, Thanks so much for the kind words! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you back very soon :)

The staff looked after me when I was sick and frightened, they were magnificent! I highly recommend this place to anyone and everyone.

• 22nd Sep 2014

Hostel is ok. Nothing special. But it pretends to be. Totally overpriced. Price for PC use is an imposition. Connection to Manhattan is very good. Free BBQ is the best thing about the hostel. The neighbourhood is hip but very very expensive. If thrift-shopping is your passion and you are willing to pay $1,80 for a peach at the local deli and have a laptop with you, this hostel might be ok for you. Otherwise look for something else

• 21st Sep 2014

Hello, Thank you for taking the time out to review Hostel. We appreciate your input and will take your suggestions to help better our services. We agree, New York City can be very expensive but we hope our room fares highlight all of the great amenities we offer. We hope to see you back soon.

Very large clean room but not enough locker space

• 21st Sep 2014

Hello, Thanks for the kind review :) We appreciate your suggestion! We also have a large storage room that guests can utilize during their stay to store luggage. It is also equipped with surveillance cameras. We hope to see you back soon!