The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

The room was ok, clean and the hostle is really modern, like for young people. But the bathroom is very old and dirty.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Austria

Hello, We appreciate you taking the time to review our Hostel. We will take your suggestions to help better our services! We hope to see you soon :)

This was my first stay in a hostel and it was a great experience. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating!

Hey! Thank you for your kind review! Please visit us soon :)

We stayed for 3 nights. Not as good as it mentioned in the hostel information/details. staffs not helpful as gd as other hostel. will not consider to stay there on next visit.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

Amazing place and amazing people! I love every single thing of it as a hostel.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • China

Thanks so much for your kinds words- we couldn't be happier that you enjoyed your stay with us! Hurry back soon :)

Location is good, close to train station. We had a double room and it was pretty small and way too hot. Room was clean. Most staff were lovely but I have given average as we got a lot of attitude from staff when we didn't understand our bill. Once tax was put on everything the room was very pricey.

• 25th Nov 2014

Hello, we appreciate your honesty in reviewing our hostel. Our main goal is to keep customer service at an all time high. We will take your suggestions to better our services and we hope to see you back very soon.

i thought this hostel was really great overall. Theres plenty of food, coffee, drinks, grocerys and a metro station all within very close walking distance. Theres a bar in the hostel which is great, little dark and red but a good place to have a drink. Rooms are great and safe, though lockers would have been good. Bathrooms clean and big. Really enjoyed my time here.

We arrived on a Friday afternoon and planned to leave for Boston the next morning so the fact that our room was directly above the bar in the basement which had an electro party going on that night was a bit annoying, so we couldn't rest much. Otherwise the room was fine, the hostel was located close to the subway system. The staff at the reception were not able to help us much with finding the closest rental car station, but were very friendly and helpful for bar/restaurant recommendations. OK

While the general cleanliness and access to a full kitchen impressed me, the various charges for things did not. I've stayed in countless hostels and not once did I ever have to pay to rent a towel or pay to store my bag for the day. When I arrived there werent blankets on the bed, luckily I brought my own because I probably would have to rent that too. The wifi was atrocious and barely worked half the time. The staff was very helpful and friendly and my room was comfortable; would stay again.

• 19th Nov 2014

Hello, We appreciate your honesty in reviewing our Hostel. Our towel rental is a $2.00 fee but we refresh them for the entirety of the stay. If requested, we provide free blankets for our guests. We hope to see you back very soon. Safe travels!

I enjoyed this hostel was great I was in a 3bedroom dorm w/- ensuite which was great. Staff were very helpful with my questions and one lovely lass compiled a thrifting list for me :) I would suggest some blinds in the kitchen tho as it gets killa hot with the sun coming through those windows during breakfast time. Great place would stay again.

• 18th Nov 2014

Hey! Thanks so much for your honest and helpful review! We would love to have you back soon :) Safe and happy travels!

Fantastic hostel in a really cool location in Brooklyn. Staff were always helpful and the facilities including wifi are really top notch. Would definitely stay here again

Hey! Thanks for your awesome review- we hope to see you back very soon :)

The hostel was nice, but the private double room with shared bathroom was too expensive - it cost almost like a hotel room!

• 15th Nov 2014

Thank you for your review- we appreciate your suggestions and hope to see you back very soon!

The hostel is pretty good, but there were issues with late night/early morning partyers keeping people awake on my floor, the two dollar rental of towels is strange and unnecessary, and it didn't seem as though the bathrooms were cleaned very regularly. Otherwise the location is great with lots of character and the breakfasts are excellent.

• 15th Nov 2014

Hey! Thanks for your honest and helpful review! We hope to see you back very soon! Safe travels :)

Really cool place, near to an L train stop that takes you straight into central manhattan in 10 mins. On first arrival the road felt a little bit like a back street but once you acclimatise you see that much of this area - Williamsburg is very industrial still with lorries and cement works mixed in amongst luxury lofts and lovely little (somewhat hidden away) shops, bars and mini malls, as well as cool vintage shops. Would def return to this hostel - had everything you'd need inc laundry

• 15th Nov 2014

Thank you for your honest and descriptive review! We hope to see you back very soon!

Nice and clean Hostel. Cool staff. Metro L line is only 2 Minuten away.

• 15th Nov 2014

Hey! We are so glad you enjoyed your travels with us! Please visit us again :) Cheers!

The front desk staff were great.

• 15th Nov 2014

Hey! Thank you for your kind review- we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you very soon :) Cheers!

Loved my stay here. Will recommend the hostel to anyone staying in NYC! Great location, great staff.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Wales

Hey! Thanks so much for your kind words please hurry back and visit NYC soon! :)

Cool bar in the dungeon. Lots of activities. Most of the staff were friendly and helpful. Very clean place. Stayed there on two separate occasions on my trip to the USA / NYC.

Hey! We appreciate you taking the time out to review our hostel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and please come back soon :)

Check it out. When I go to NYC I don't spend much time lying down in my hotel room. So why pay hundreds$$? I just need a safe clean spot to rest my head. NY loft hostel was perfect. They answered all my questions along the way, its clean, and actually really cool. I've been everywhere...you will be safe and comfortable staying here!

• 14th Nov 2014

Hey! Thanks so much for your kind and honest review. We couldn't be happier that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please hurry back soon :)

Location is great. Cool neighborhood, sub station as close as it gets, you get to Bedford ave in Bkl or to downtown Manhattan in less than 15 mins. Facilities and staff are OK, ambiance is good, nice people to talk at the kitchen/living room (the expected is such a kind of hostel in NYC). Price is ok, given you are in NYC paying approx 15% taxes...I would definately recommend it / go back

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Thank you for your honest and helpful review! We hope to see you back very soon! Safe travels!

Great place, I like choosing from a 4 to a 16 person room, at different prices. Loved the ambiance. Food staff were wonderful. Please thank them again for me. All staff tremendously helpful and friendly. Biggest negative = very strong insecticide smell. We had the window open the entire time we were there, and it never went away. Heat was on all the time. Some mattresses need replacing ASAP. If I had to sleep on the 1st one, I'd have a negative review, despite all the strengths above.

• 12th Nov 2014

Hello! Thank you for your kind and honest review- we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and we will take you suggestions to help better our services. We hope to see you very soon :) Cheers!