The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

I had a good time in this hostel. I have been here 17 days thus far. I lost credit cards while in NYC and the staff were friendly and extremely helpful. Kitchen is in good order and the garden out the back is good to sit and chill, which I did a lot of without access to funds. The bar down stairs holds comedy shows and live performances and drinks are fairly priced. Only gripe is the hot water in showers is a bit hit and miss.

Thanks for your honest and helpful review! We hope to see you back very soon! Happy travels!

Won't stay again.Very loud at night and the bed was uncomfortable and dirty

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Taiwan

Hello We appreciate your review. We hope to see you back in the summertime. Happy travels!

The hostel has good facilities but it's very expensive and when I was there for two of the days there was nearly 100 school kids there. Also atmosphere was rubbish. Even on the Friday/Saturday night I ended up heading out by myself as no one was around. But that's not really the hostel's fault I guess the visitors there were just about making the most of their days as there is a lot to do in the city.

This place is awesome! Staff are great too!! Made some great people and friends!!

Had a great time, plan on staying again, will recommend to my family and friends

Unfortunatley, there was a group of students staying at the hostel at the same time which was was insanely loud all night long. There were people running around, screaming and listening to loud music the whole night and none of the staff cared about the others guests. And we didn't like it that we weren't able to lock the door. Other than that, we liked our stay at the NY Loft Hostel.

• 27th Mar 2015

Hello, Thank you for reviewing our hostel. We assure you that we care most deeply about our guests and we apologize if that wasn't made clear during your stay. All of our doors locks and can be opened with the key cards we distribute during check-in. We hope to see you back very soon. Happy travels!

Had the time of my life hanging out in their basement bar and in the back garden area! Amazingly diverse international community, awesome facilities in a very cool neighborhood. I can't say enough good things about NYLH!

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us!! Please visit us again soon :) Happy travels!

This is one of the best hostels I stay at, except some periods of time the nightly rate gets too high. But its a clean modern place with a nice breakfast spread downstairs, and large rooms.

We appreciate you reviewing us! We hope to see you back soon :) Cheers!

The first day, they have a problem with A/C it was really hot, couldn´t sleep. In the middle of a awful neighborhood, other things really cool.

I think the staff did a very good job at making the place hospitable and interactive. They had brilliant organized events, and the place was generally clean and proximate to multifarious awesome places. I loved staying there.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Egypt

Hey! Thanks for your review. We hope to see you back this summer and enjoy our weekly BBQ's! Happy travels!

The bathrooms were clean everyday, they are always provided liquid soap and toilet paper, the breakfast was good, the kitchen was very clean and they had enough kitchen equipment, the rooms were clean, very comfortable beds with warm blankets, they always kept the place warm at every area in winter. The wifi was good but the signal was too low, they should install more routers in every floor, that is my only observation. the staff was kind and nice. You are gonna love staying there.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Venezuela

Thank you for your honest and helpful review- We hope to see you back very soon :)

Great experience, great people, great value.

• 15th Mar 2015

Thanks for your review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your time here! Please visit us again!

Overall, experience was good. I was not much for the type of area but I did enjoy my stay in the hostel. My two biggest complaints were the dirtyness of hostel bathroom and lack of staff to provide a lightbulb for me in my bed after asking 3 times. Its the little things that count. All in all, the staff were wonderful.

• 14th Mar 2015

We appreciate your honest and helpful review! We hope you visit us again in the summer time! Happy travels!!

Very expensive for what you get. The room I got was very small, with a shared bathroom. The area is quite desolate, which is nice if you are a photographer. Maybe it's better in summer. Breakfast is also very minimal and unhealthy.

We appreciate you taking the time out to review us. We will take your suggestions to help better our services. Please visit us in the summertime where we offer free BBQ dinners for our guests! Happy travels!

It was nice to be able to check in later in the evening. Even though it was loud on the first floor from the bar below, we did not hear much of it since we were on the 3rd floor. We are a married couple, so we were able to reserve a private room with its own bathroom. The room and bathroom were clean. Only the WiFi was slower and inconsistent, and the heating was a little too high. The weather has getting warmer. Overall though, the experience was good and we wouldn't mind going again.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • imagineme302

Thank you for your honest and helpful review! We hope to see you back in the summertime! Happy travels!

Overall I found the hostel very good but expensive. You could find excellent hostels for its price tag somewhere else in the world but I think not in NYC. Stay at the hostel because: - Good location (NYC is more than just Manhattan) - You will share a room with 2 or 3 people - Basic breakfast included - Enough bathrooms to share (not overcrowded) The staff could be a bit friendlier by not showing how bothered they actually feel when you ask them anything! Although you´ll get helped.

• 11th Mar 2015

Hello we appreciate your helpful review. Our main priority is excellent customer service and we will take you suggestions to help better our services! Please visit us again this summer and enjoy our hostel BBQ's and live band performances! Happy travels!

The hostel location was great! So close to the metro and lots of great bars/cafes/restaurants. I loved the kitchen and courtyard, but the room itself was excessively hot on my first night there--I suppose the heat was still cranked up and not adjusted after the really warm day New York had just had. I was told that it was central heating and there was nothing that could be done about it. The wifi signal sucked, and I was awoken by renovation work on nearby rooms on the weekdays.

• 11th Mar 2015

Hey Thanks for your honest and helpful review! We appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you this summer where we offer our guests free BBQ dinners and more! Happy travels!

I stayed at this hostel during Spring Break with a friend. We have traveled all over and stayed in lots of hostels in various countries. We thought we had a chosen a great hostel, but were very disappointed. One of out favorite things about staying in hostels is the people you meet. The staff was not welcoming and there was no sense of community. The hostel was cool, don't get me wrong. Huge rooms, cool interiors, and pretty bathrooms. However, it was very dirty.

Not a fan of big city, hundred bed hostels, but this one is well run and really works at generating it's own atmosphere

Thank you for your honest and helpful review! Please visit us again soon!

I loved the place and its surroundings ... lot of thibgs to do! Apart from two girls ;) I thought the staff was quite boring :( Breakfast was great

• 4th Mar 2015

Hello, Thank you for contacting us! We appreciate your review. We hope to see you back very soon!

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »