The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

Room doesn't match the pictures at web: pics show a room with no bunk beds, but the real room was very different. Poor mattress. Bed makes lots of noise with every little movement. Impossible to get a warm shower: turning the tap provides boiling or freezing water, nothing inbetween. About location, they say "the Hottest Neighborhood at the Moment!", but you have to take the subway and walk five stations to find where the things are actually going on. Breakfast is the only highlight.

Thank you for taking the time out to review us. We will take into account your suggestions and try to improve our hostel. We hope to have you back so you can see the changes put into action!

The included breakfast was great, but just one suggestion: whole-wheat bread as well as white?

• 10th May 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Hello! Thank you for your kind review. It was our pleasure to accommodate you during your trip, we hope to have you back soon! We will make a note to purchase whole wheat bread too! Best Wishes!

Nice place

No new towells each day. No ventilation at rooms. Neither shampoo nor gel apart from first day. A lot of noise in the corridors. No new blankets each day. Beautiful design, I agree, but poor quality after all. Disapointing someway.

• 9th May 2014
  • Spain

This is a very good hostel, however my experience was average because of the room I was given. After paying for a private room with bathroom I experienced the following issues: - room was very dirty - shower was extremely weak - basin was the smallest I have ever seen - toilet seat wasn't affixed - no windows or fresh air ventilation in the room - room was extremely small I would recommend anyone who is given room 424 to request another room.

This hostel was wonderful... but you have to pay for EVERYTHING. Locks, renting towels, everything you have to pay extra for, not much included in the initial cost.

• 8th May 2014

Hello! Thank you for your kind review. It was our pleasure to accommodate you during your trip, we hope to have you back soon! Best Wishes!

Nice place. I'd go there again.

• 8th May 2014

I stayed here a few years ago and was raving about it, but this place has declined in the past few years.. The bathrooms aren't particularly clean, the rooms to the street/courtyard are really noisy, it got hot and there was no cooling, wifi was intermittent. For the price... Most importantly, the staff were terrible. They looked down when you came in, were unhelpful with questions and seemed like they didn't want to be there. Disappointing.

Hello - Thank you for taking the time out to write us a review. We are sorry to hear that your experience was not as pleasant as your first. We have since improved our room temperature maintenance and have upgraded our wifi system. We are also always improving our approach to customer service and good staff/customer relationships is very important to us. We hope you can visit us again and see all of these great things first hand. All the very best, NYLH.

Fantastic stay!! :)

• Austria

Recommended. Not very soundproof at our floor, otherwise awesome. Super clean. Great cab deal to JFK (40 $ in a nice car). Close to the subway L-train. Supermarket and good restaurants close by. BBQ, movie night and breakfast included (although only tried breakfast. A bit simple, but totally ok).

• Sweden

Great Hostel, friendly & very helpful staff! Definitely recommended!!

The breakfast was good, even compared to hotels.

• 5th May 2014

Fantastic hostel; lovely place, great service, incredibly friendly and helpful staff.

• 4th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The Hostel is delightful. Youthful, upbeat, modern - very 'New York'. Staff are friendly and helpful. One multilingual member of staff was worth her weight in gold! I found the hostel easily from the Subway System, ( the L train ). The atmosphere of the surrounding area is good. There is a fantastic Deli nearby ( Brooklyn Natural ). Loft hostel is clean, light and open with air conditioning, comfy beds, free breakfast included and free wifi. Loved it and would go back in a heartbeat.

• 4th May 2014
  • Scotland

The hostel is located near a subway station. That's perfect for all sightseeing as well as relaxing activities you've planned. Twice a week there is a BBQ everybody can join. Since there are less backpackers the people staying in the hostel are not interessted to get in touch with each other. The staff is ok, but not really helpful if you ask them for affordable shopping opportunities. All in all I need to say the hostel is quite expensive compared to other locations, but for NY pricewise ok.

Hello Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel, we use these reviews to better our services and amenities for future guests. All the best

Stayed here for three nights with my mother. The hostel itself has a youthful and modern personality with clean bathrooms, baggage room, computers, outdoor space, ect. Staff was friendly and invited us to a movie night the moment we checked in, making conversation and asking about where we were coming from-- I love that! The room was a little cold at night, could have used another blanket, but all in all I enjoyed my stay and would be happy to return.

Clean bathrooms, good location close to the busier areas of Williamsburg and close to the subway which is about 20 minutes from manhattan. Decent free breakfast too!

• 3rd May 2014

First Hostel experience....it was nice and our stay was without incident. I was concerned about sharing a bathroom, but it was not ever a problem. The free breakfast was satisfying. I would stay here again.

• 3rd May 2014

The bathrooms should be cleaned more often than once a day. Close to the subway station, but not much to see or do close near the hostel.

• 3rd May 2014

I had my gold ring stolen while I was packing up and didn't notice until I flew home.

• 3rd May 2014

Hello Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel, we use these reviews to better our services and amenities for future guests. We hope you found your lost belongings. All the best