The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

Its not really central in Williamsburg, at least not the part where the most shops and cafes are (Bedford avenue is 5 stops with the train from there). Me and my friend had a twin room, which was ok but the bunk bed was really noisy, couldn't turn around without waking each other up. The cleaners did a really, really good job, never been to a hostel with cleaner bathrooms. The kitchen is really crowdy during breakfast; a couple more tables and chairs wouldn't hurt.

Hello Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel, we use these reviews to better our services and amenities for future guests. All the best

noisy neighbours to the hostel

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

Fantastic hostel. Close to the subway. Meet easy to get into manhattan. Great cafés and supermarkets nearby. Good free bfast and BBQ nights. Clean. Good beds. Easy to meet people.

Hello! Thank you for your kind review. It was our pleasure to accommodate you during your trip, we hope to have you back soon! Best Wishes!

This hostel was great. I was travelling by myself and it was easy to meet other travellers on the Pub Crawl or at the BBQ's the hostel hosted twice a week. I loved the area and it was close to the subway and had lots of great eating places and bars within walking distance. Will definitely stay here again as I enjoyed the Loft more then other hostels I Have stayed at in New York.

The Hostel is located in a very hip area. There are some bars, restaurants and a subway station around. There was only one common room which was the kitchen and a TV room together. So it was hard to meet other backpacker in the hostel excepeted for breakfast. The breakfast wasn't that good.The only choice was Toast with butter and jam, Coffe and cerials. No American style like bagels, muffins etc... The shared bathrooms are not so clean an there were no possibilities to put your things somewhe

Hello guest, Thank you for leaving us your feedback, we appreciate you comments and will take your suggestions under consideration. It was a pleasure having you! Best Regards

It was a great hostel, the staff was very friendly and helpful and the facilities were excellent! The value for the hostel was great and it was only a 20 minute commute into the heart of Manhattan! I would definitely recommend the New York Loft Hostel!

• 20th Apr 2014

Hello Guest, We are so glad that you enjoyed your time here, we hope to have you back!

Overall this was a pretty nice hostel to stay in. My only complaints are that one, my linens seemed rather far from 'clean' with a few questionable spots and lots of different colored hairs, and two, the location. It was thankfully very close to a great restaurant/bar (Tutus - definitely check it out!) and the subway, but if you're interested in walking anywhere or attempting to hail a taxi... good luck. However, the facilities were nice, the staff friendly, and I definitely felt safe.

• 20th Apr 2014

Hello Guest, Thanks so much for leaving us your feedback. We apologize for the sheets, we are happy to change those for you if they are unfortunately dirty upon your arrival just let us know. We also use a great car service with cheap rates that we can call you at the front desk in case you need to go somewhere. Overall we are glad that you had a great time, it was our pleasure to have you. Best Regards!

Very basic room, but clean enough bathrooms and good facilities. Good connection with the L-line, that goes through brooklyn to manhattan.

My favourite place to stay in NYC! Nice personnel always helping! Having been there 4 years ago i just have to note that the bathroom/toilets are getting old and not the cleanest (but not dirty) also the breakfast is not as good as it used to be..a pity!

Room was clean and tidy but basic - a bed and locker only. Staff we're very helpful and sourced extra blankets for us, and also recommended 2 good places to eat. Kitchen was functional and well stocked. Easy cab ride into Manhattan.

Hey there! Many thanks for leaving us a review, sounds like you had a wonderful stay. We hope to have you return!

Love this place. Love the location! 3 min walk from the subway station. Will definitely come back again!

• 16th Apr 2014

Amazing hostel - hostel staff were helpfull and friendly, knowledgeable. Facilities were awesome with the whole kitchen and common area providing an awesome place to chill and meet new people also staying at the hostel definitely will go back.

• 16th Apr 2014

Hello, We are so happy that you enjoyed our place! We look forward to having you back!

My friend and I got a private room and it was great! The lounge is really cool and they had great activities planned. The hostel is a short walk from the subway station and even at 12:30am we weren't uncomfortable walking in the neighborhood. I would highly recommend this hostel.

• 14th Apr 2014

Hello, Thanks for leaving us a review, it was our pleasure to accommodate!

Nice neighborhood, close to subway, really nice common areas. The rooms are also nice, good size, clean. Showers were not that clean. Two problem though: the price in the website is not the final price and it is really annoying. they charge 2$ for towel, 5$ for key (which they give back later) and taxes. I paid around 130$ for 2 nights - not very cheap. second - no hot water on 3 floor. when my roomate complained they said it was fixed, but nothing was fixed and she had to take shower on 2nd flo

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Israel

Hello Guest, Thanks for writing us a review! Sorry you were here went the water got a bit chilly but we were glad we could get it working so everyone could find a shower with some hot water. On the website and confirmation email it lets you know that the taxes are not included, but you can call ahead to ask us the final it will be. Best Wishes!

I couldn't sleep, there's a bar across the street playing music everyday very loud, the window lock was broken, when I checked in it was kinda late so I didn't realize that my bed was not made when I woke up I found out that the sheets were dirty, stains and hair all over the bed, in addition to the nightmare the second day I don't know why? I couldn't shower because not hot water was running in the shower, ridiculous!!!! I will never recommend this place to anyone.

• Mexico

Hello Guest, We sincerely apologize for your experience at the hostel, cleanliness is something that most all of our guest rave about so it is disappointing to hear that you did not experience the same. Best Regards

Great location. I tottaly recommend you to get out of Manhattan and stay in Brooklyn. Besides the fact that is not far away from the first (theres a line of subway really close to the hostel), is really nice to stay in Brooklyn. Around the hostel you can buy some nice gifts in some vintage shops or good nature food. There´s a bunch of people walking around, riding skateboard and bikes... making a really fun environment. The price its kind of high, but not if you think in the average of NY.

• 11th Apr 2014

Hello guest, We completely agree, Brooklyn is the best and we are so glad that you recognize that! It's a totally different Vibe in a good way! We hope to have you back!

I have to rate security a little less than perfect and here is why. The locker in the room, perfect. As was the onsite security .. however if you put something in the fridge, go ahead and write your name on it, but don't plan on it being there later..... The hostel is in a great location. Only a couple blocks from the L train line. Which will take you 8 stops to Union Square. Couple of great places locally for some food or drink. Check out LuLu but PLEASE tip the staff.

• 11th Apr 2014

Hello Guest, We are happy that you liked the place, sorry about your food! If we had a way that we could lock up your food we would, but that's just the risk you take when using a community fridge! Come back soon :) Best Regards

If you are used to staying in hostels, this one is fine. Maybe not the best ever, but there is no major problem. Bad points: No hot water for my shower Saturday morning. Bed very uncomfortable. Noisy club out front kept me up at night. Door slamming all night. You get what you pay for. Don't forget your towel.

Hello guest, Stop by the reception for complimentary earplugs if it is too loud in your room. We hope that your stay was everything that you needed and we hope to have you back! Best

The hostel was really nice. Exactly what I expected. A bed, locker and bath. The staff was really helpful and the cookout and breakfast was all you really needed to get through the day. The only draw back was how noisy the others were. The walls and floors are thin, and it got hot at night. I suggest cracked your window open and bring some ear plugs and you'll be fine.. Overall it's a great place for the money...

• 11th Apr 2014

Hello guest, We appreciate you writing us this great review. The BBQ's are usually the most popular communal event we offer and we are so glad that you enjoyed it. Come back soon!

NY Loft is a great place to stay while in NYC. It offers a good environment of friendly people and courteous staff that are willing to help in almost any situation. It is well located in a very quiet area of Brooklyn, minutes from NYC.. within easy walking distance of many good restaurants and bars, and also the Subway which runs to and from Manhattan 24/7. I enjoyed my stay and will def return whenever I am back in NYC again..

• 9th Apr 2014

Hey there, Thanks so much for the review and your wonderful comments. We can't wait to have you back!