The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

Safe, clean and super comfortable. Will definitely be staying again

• 15th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Hey - We appreciate your kind review- please join us again soon :)

Great hostel and super friendly staff. Loved the bar and stage in the basement. The garden was also very nice and peaceful. The hostel to stay in if you visit NYC and Brooklyn!

Thanks so much for the kind review! We hope to see you back very soon :) Cheers!

Loved the rooms--comfy, bright and enough room. Evening activities were great, including the shows in the bar downstairs. Unfortunately, the WI-FI rarely worked.

Hello, we appreciate your kind and honest review. We have recently upgraded internet providers and now have better working wifi throughout the hostel! We wish to see you back very soon :)

This hotel is in a great location. Awesome vibe, very easy to meet people & socialise. Good bar, lots of events like bands playing, free BBQ, movie nights. I ended up extending my stay here.

Hey - Thanks so much for your kind words. We are so happy you stayed with us longer than planned! Please visit us again soon :)

This is a well set-up hostel that gets a lot of things right, HOWEVER when accommodation is this expensive I find it ridiculous to be charged extra for towels, luggage storage, and computer use. Also they kept the heat cranked up constantly despite the warm weather so it was almost unbearably hot to sleep and we'd be opening windows or even using the A/C, which is crazy! Bathrooms could be cleaner. Still - friendly, helpful staff, nice communal areas, good area

We appreciate your honest and helpful review. We will take your suggestions into account to help better our services for the future. We hope to see you back very soon :) Safe travels!

Excellent location. The room and bathroom were tiny but adequate for an overnight stay.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Thank you for your review- we appreciate your honesty and we hope to see you back very soon :)

I've stayed in many hostels and this one is definitely one of the best. Aside from the cleanliness, great facilities, open communal planning and bar, there's a definite shout out to the lovely bartenders, especially Hannah! Kind, warm and welcoming and happy to chat. No complaints.

This is a great place! The staff is really nice and helpful and its a great place all around. Traveler's tip: Bring a multi-plug, a plug in air freshener and a can of air freshener. Your roommates may be neat or may be messy but chances are one of you is going to be stinky so do yourself a kindness and be prepared. :)

Thanks so much for the kind and honest review! We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you very soon! :)

Nice hostel. Personally, I don't think Brooklyn is that nice an area. Fairly east to catch the subway to Manhattan though.

Hey, Thanks for the honest review- We wish to see you back again soon so we can really show you how wonderful Brooklyn can be :)

Good hostel in Williamsburg. I'll definitely stay here in the future.

• 10th Oct 2014

Hey ! Thanks so much for the kind review! We can't wait to have you back :)

Had no problems. Staff was helpful. Happy hour was a good deal and made for a great start to the night.

• 9th Oct 2014

Hey - We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! Please visit us again soon :)

Everything was great. Every time I go to new york, I stay in this hostel. I love it. I would really recomend it to anyone who goes to the big apple. The breakfast is great, and the backround area is really nice. It even has a ping pong table!

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Argentina

Hey - Thanks for the awesome words! We appreciate your review and hope you visit us again!

This is a good place to stay, enjoy, easy to go to Manhattan... The only thing is don't consider there is a serious breakfast and Internet connection. Except that I recommend this hostel.

Hello - Thanks for your honest review. We have since fixed our internet provider so our connection is fully improved. Please visit us again :)

Location is great and the basic breakfast is a bonus but the stalf are unhelpful, the facilities are average, the Wifi did not work once the whole time I was there. loud music and squeaky beds, have to pay for luggage storage that everyone has access to and you not allowed to drink your own beer. Little to no sleep for the four nights my wife and I were there I would not go back nor recommend the place

• 7th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Hello James, Thank you for reviewing our Hostel- we appreciate your honesty and input. We will make sure to take your suggestions to help better our services. Customer service is our number one priority and we hope to see you back so you can see these changes in effect. For example, we have switched wifi providers and now experience no problems.

I needed a place to overnight while waiting for a layover and this was close to JFK and had great reviews. The staff was great, great happy hour sprcials. I liked the bar and live music. The free burgers and hotdogs was a big bonus. My only issue was having problems with internet connection but I figured I could live without that for a night so I never addressed it with the staff.

Hey Todd- Thank you for your kind review. We are thrilled you enjoyed yourself. We have since changed wifi providers and no longer experience any issues. We hope to see you back very soon! :)

Great safe and friendly atmosphere, heaps of dinners and activities planned.

This place was amazing. The bar downstairs was a blast and I me so many wonderful people from all over the world. The outside Patio was great as well, it was urban and unique. The breakfast was simple, yet did the job. I recommend this place for sure.

Thanks so much for the great review! We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you very soon! Safe travels! :)

New hostel so everything is clean and well maintained - rooms are big and the bathrooms are well kept. Good spot in New York and in a cool part of town with easy acess to the subway, bats and food trucks

Hey - Thanks for the great review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay! Come back soon- safe travels!

Even if you book a twin book all the beds are bunks. The toilet and the shower ar in the same bathroom and there are only 3 bathrooms (at least in the first floor). You had to wait for a long time in case you want to go to the toilet. They have a bar in the basement which was soundproof, but they left the door open until 12 o'clock. A lot of noise. Besides they people that were in the bar were using the bathrooms of the first floor.The location is ok and besides these points the hostel is good.

Hello Laura, Thank you for taking the time out to review our Hostel. We appreciate your input and will take your suggestions to help better our services. Our twin bed private en-suites come with a double size bed on the bottom bunk as well a bathroom inside. Each floor is also equipped with 5 restrooms that can be utilized by the guests. We hope to see you back very soon.

The bunk beds suck, they make noises and it was hard to go to sleep. No power plugs available at every bed, no towels, Wifi was broke like everytime. I love the hostel but there are just some things that don't work and need to be fixed. One morning there was no cold water when I tried to shower. Didn't have a blanket or pillow when arriving in my room. Really considering if I switch to AirBnb the next time I come to NY Bec I've stayed at the loft hostel a few times but it has to get better!!!

• 6th Oct 2014

Hey Julius- Thank you for taking the time out to review our Hostel- We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay with us. We assure you that all of your remarks will be taken into account and none of these issues will repeat themselves. For example, we have switched wifi services and now experience no problems when connecting to it. We hope to see you back soon to see these changes in affect.