The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

There was a terrible mildew odor coming from my bathroom.

• 31st Aug 2014

Hey- Thank you for taking the time out and reviewing us- we have had all of our restrooms inspected and sanitized for mold and mildew. Our number one priority is customer satisfaction and we hope to see you back soon!

Excellent! The place is beautiful. The people is very nice and there's a lot of young people in the hostel and in the neighborhood. Free breakfast, it's simple (cereal, toast with cheese, butter, penutbutter or jam and apples) but good. And two items free at the BBQ three days a week!

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Atmosphere is great, reception works 24h and facilities include almost everything necessary for a long stay. Altough the rooms are small and ventilation system noisy, I would recommend to anyone.

• 27th Aug 2014

the security guard is supposed to make you feel safe not creep you out

Hey, really cool hostel.. I just didn't like the fact that if you were in the lower rooms by the outside chillout area (as I was for 5 nights) you had loud music blasting from 5pm to 10pm every day and often drunken people continuing on into the night chatting till the early hours. Apart from that it was super cool ! Cheers

• 25th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

The air condition was too loud, but the breakfast was really delicious! ;)

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Hungary

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you back soon!

The hostel is really near the subway and of a nice supermarket. The rooms are nice and the bathroom also. The is a great kitchen and a place for people to meet. Algo there is a roof in the third floor that you can play tennis table and chat with the people. I really recommend it

Hey! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you back soon :) Safe travels

The hostel really facilitated meeting people and a lovely atmosphere. The staff was always. Very friendly and the area was very safe, the only down side was that it took about Half hour to get to manhattan from the hostel, but not the end of the world. Will definedly stay here again!!!

Hello Julieta! Thanks so much for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed yourself at our hostel! From the Morgan Ave stop on the L train it actually takes 15 minutes to get into Manhattan! You may have just experienced some train delays :) We hope to see you back soon.

Nice hotel, a little expensive but this is NYC so I understand it. Overall an okay hostel for a night out in NYC!

Thank you for your review! We would love to have you back to stay with us again- we hope to see you very soon!

Bathrooms were not clean enough

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your input and will take your suggestion to help better our hostel. We hope to see you back soon!

a bit far from the center but this hostel is the best I have seen so far ;)

Hey- thanks for your review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. We are only a 15 minute train ride into Union Square- you may have hit some train traffic :) Come back soon!

Very nice place to stay for the money. Accomodations were very clean and tidy. Very close to subway station to manhattan and Brooklyn night life. Outdoor garden is a great place to meet people staying at the hostel.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Thank you for your kind review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Please visit us again and enjoy our new bar Hail Hail!

The best hostel I have stayed at NY. As everything there is too expensive, and if you already know Manhattan, it worth staying in NY Loft Hostel and explore Brooklyn. But this is too close to the subway station, so you can easilly go to manhattan as well. Nice hostel.

Thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you back soon!

Rooms were generously sized and cleaned regularly. Fantastic outdoor area great for summer drinks. Luggage storage area well secured. On the downside, my bed was questionably squeaky and too few bathrooms on the floor. Besides two awesome reception staff, most were surly at their best. The great location makes up for it. A step away from popular restaurants/cafes and the general great vibe of the area. Tip: Pay a little extra for a 3 bedder room with en-suite.

Awesome hostel - would highly recommend it especially if you want to meet people! The facilities are amazing and so easy to make friends. Best stay at a hostel I've ever had! Really easy to get to the city too and into Wburg!

• 21st Aug 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you back soon!

The staff were generally very unhelpful. The night I arrived off a long flight a rock band were playing directly under my room. At 11.30pm I asked if I could be moved and they told me only if I paid for a private room. I can sleep in a noisy hostel but this was something else. Would not stay here again or recommend it to a friend

Good location, close to Morgan Avenue on the L train. Rooms were clean and atmosphere at hostel was good! Would recommend to young travellers going to New York.

• 20th Aug 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you back soon!

hostel is good shame about the bar though would be better if you could take in your own alcohol

Great hostel, with excellent facilities. It is also only a two minute walk from it's closest subway station.

• 19th Aug 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you back soon!

Staff were unhelpful - I stood at the desk being ignored and they were very unhelpful regarding how to get to certain places or do certain things. Price was way to expensive especially as the bathrooms were no that clean. Place was a rip off. Wifi uncertain. Unable to bring in own drink and they only sold small beers for £5. Felt they were squeezing every penny they could from the minute you walk in

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your input and will take your suggestions to help better our hostel. Due to our bar opening up on the premises, we are restricted by law to have our guests bring in their own alcoholic beverages. We hope to see you back soon so you can see your suggestions in effect!