The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

Best place to stay and know people. Great location to move to manhattan, and to the JfK airport. Close to the best pizza place in Brooklyn. And also includes breakfast and bbq 2 days a week.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Thank you for your kind response! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you soon!

Everything was excellent in that hostel, from the great location in the amazing Brooklyn to the very comfortable rooms and facilities!

• 28th Jun 2014

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hostel. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back soon!

Overall, we were very pleased with our stay at NYLH. The subway was a convenient three blocks away and the staff was very friendly and courteous. Our only complaint was that the wifi was spotty for one of our iPhones while our Android devices connected with no problem. However, wifi is excellent in the kitchen.

• 27th Jun 2014

you should stay in this hostel. and if it's summer, your stay will be perfect.

• 27th Jun 2014

Private room was very small (expected in NY!) with low lighting and the bed was very uncomfortable (springs digging into you) but otherwise had everything we needed and was generally clean and well kept. Awesome kitchen/backyard communal area and well located in relation to the subway and a few cool little cafés/food trucks but not in Williamsburg or within walking distance to main Brooklyn activities.

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hostel. We appreciate your input and will take your critiques to better our services. We hope to see you back soon.

Free barbecue twice à week and great location!

The area right around it was just a little bit sketchy, but otherwise the stay was great and the atmosphere was nice. The free barbecue was awesome and the staff was helpful.

• 25th Jun 2014

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hostel. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you soon.

A lot of great spots in this place to hangout, the rooftop terrace, the tv loft, the kitchen design encourages ppl to interac. Lots of windows makes it easy to wake up in the morning. Decent neighborhood, very spacious quiet and relaxing for New York. Clean and in an amazing brick warehouse recently renovated into a hostel. No complaints. Solid BBQ twice a weak. Good breaky, huge tv with Netflix and more. Very secure. Great for travels and temporary workers. Good air con too

Staff were unfriendly, generally everyone was unfriendly and no one really spoke to anyone else! - strange vibe for a hostel!

• 22nd Jun 2014

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hostel. We hold customer service as a number one priority. We will take your critiques to better our services. We hope to see you back soon so you can see these changes first hand.

The location is great, close to metro (2 min walk), and you can even discover the area by foot (Brooklyn/Williamsburg) where there are many interesting restaurants, bars and other locations. Even late at night, it feels secure around the hostel, plus FREE parking is a great advantage when arriving by car. The hostel itself is very clean and seems new, the rooms spacious and the bathrooms are being cleaned all the time. In terms of friendliness, the staff was somewhat average, but nice enough.

This Hotel motel offered breakfast. Just some cereal, toast, coffee maybe some juice. It was very difficult to get to. I managed to find it and when I got there the check in was long and tedious. If you did not bring a towel in which I did not they also will have charged a fee of $2 for one. If I had a choice for the money spent to stay. I would have stayed in a different hotel location.

This was an amazing hostel with amazing people. They have a really nice backyard where they have BBQ's a couple days a week. On wednesday they have a band playing in the bar. Because of these barbecues and the bar it is really easy to meet people and the atmosphere is great. It is not in the best neighbourhood of NYC but the subway to manhattan is a few minutes away. Although it is a little expensive I would defenitely recommend this hostel to everyone visiting New York.

With the price we had paid, you'd think they could afford to fix one of the bathroom doors that did not lock. One of the girls at the front desk seemed like she wanted to be elsewhere with the boy lingering around the front desk each time she had a shift. Overall would definitely not recommend.

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hostel. We appreciate your input and will take your critique to improve our services. Our main priority is customer service and we hope to see you back so you can see the improvements.

Nice clean modern hostel with plenty of amenities on site, nice big patio for socialising at breakfast/evenings. I found the female staff to be unhelpful whenever I asked a question one time I asked to borrow a pen and got the snottiest look before being thrown one. However it's very clean with plenty of bathrooms on site and lockers in the dorms. I thought the area itself was a bit dodgy but if you like that hipster trying to look decrepit and rundown look go for it.

Everyone was really friendly, including staff members and guests. The front desk clerk gave  us suggestions on what places to go visit. I enjoyed our stay and would definitely go back again.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Guatemala

I love the Loft Hostel! Such a lovely space. Much nicer than most hostels. Very clean and friendly staff.

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you soon!

Super expensive for what it is. I've been hostelling solo all summer and this was by far the most unfriendly hostel I've stayed in! Staff were ok. Room was big and clean enough but super basic. There are small lockers - not big enough for anything bigger than a purse but there is a luggage storage room if you fancy paying an additional $3 a day. WiFi was good and breakfast (although basic and early) was free. Nothing hugely bad, but nothing to rave about. It was just ok.

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time out to tell us about your experience. Our main goal is customer service and we take into account all of the reviews to better our hostel for the future. We hope to see you soon!

Staying the NY Loft Hostel was a great choice. Friendly staff, all facilities you need, clean and many nice places close by such as Café Noir for a nice breakfast or Café Tutu across the road with good food and nice atmosphere. Metro is close by and brings you to Manhattan in 10-15 minutes

• 10th Jun 2014

Close to food markets, subway, coffee shops n the L train runs a couple if blocks away, the room was comfy and the locker fit my carryon suitcase. I stayed on an all female dormant and the sir conditioned worked great, also I made friends with my roommate. I've stayed here already twice and I will continue to return. Clean, quest, considered staff.

I'm usually not one to review (but I read the heck out of them before I book), and the service was FANTASTIC! Major props to Karina for all of her help with a tiny issue I had. Staff keep the kitchen clean and are super nice. The ambiance is spectacular, I feel cooler for having stayed there. At first it was intimidating because the are is industrial. What I first mistook as intimidating by the end of the trip was so exciting to go look at and really gave the area character. Convenient location.

• 9th Jun 2014