The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

The toilet didn't work properly neither did the Wifi. The staff(especially one woman) was not very friendly and all in all it seemed like they where overwhelmed.

• 16th Mar 2014

Hello Guest, We sincerely apologize that there was an issue in your room, we appreciate your business and hope that the rest of your travels were safe! Best Regards

Had a great time in New York staying here. Staff were very courteous and were happy to provide information about places to eat and things to do. Very convenient location, being a short walk away from the Morgan Avenue subway station for the L line taking you directly to downtown Manhattan. The room was nice and warm with an air conditioner in case it got too hot. Beds were made for us before arrival, and all linen was clean. Showering facilities were plentiful and clean. Overall great!

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Hello! Thank you so much for this wonderful review of our hostel, it was our pleasure to help you out with directions and suggestions on places to go. We would love to have you return Safe travels!

Great hostel! Cheap, clean, friendly! Perfect!

Hello Guest, Thanks for staying with us! We hope to have you back soon! Best wishes :)

This hostel is excellent! I recomend it for other people because all the staffs (reception and people cleaners) always helped me when I needed something. My trip was great and I say thanks everyone for all. Hugs

Hello Guest, Thanks for choosing to stay at our place and for writing us a great review. It was our pleasure to assist you whenever you needed something and we look forward to your return. All the Best, NYLH

I absolutely adored my time spent at the NY Loft Hostel. It was a wonderful value for the money, the events were very entertaining, and the neighborhood was really lovely! All in all, it made my trip to New York feel more authentic, because I could do my tourist stuff in the city during the day, but come back to a small community at night. It was great!

• 8th Mar 2014

Hi there! Thanks so much for this wonderful review of our hostel! We are so happy that you enjoyed the atmosphere and the surrounding neighborhood. We would love to have you back next time you are visiting New York :) Best Regards

The room was great (stayed in a three bed private room with shared bathroom) and the shared bathrooms and showers were also nice. Friendly staff. The area was somewhat bohemian with a lot of small cafés and bars, and 2nd hand stores. Roberta's (the pizza restaurant in the area) was amazing. Really liked the area. Definately recommend this hostel especially if you like Brooklyn and Williamsburg in particular.

Hello Guest, We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review, we are so happy that you enjoyed the hostel. We love our neighborhood too and we would love to have you back next time you visit our wonderful city! All the Best

The location is very good. Just take the Subway and it will take you to union square which is pretty much downtown. Meet some People in the hostel and went out to drink in the neigbourhood and there was two good bars With locals and good Music. The hostel is very clean and the breakfast is funny - the real american breakfast. I will stay here NeXT time.

Hello, Thank you for leaving us your comments, we look forward to having you return! Best Regards

I loved it

The hostel is very nice and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The only but big problem is the location. It's in the middle of nowhere surrounded by factories. Although the subway is 3 blocks away, during my stay the L line did't work the entire weekend and it was impossible to get anywhere.

Hello Guest, While we are in an industrial area of Brooklyn there are tons of hidden gems throughout the neighborhood, ask the staff and they can point you in the right direction. As for the subway we unfortunately can't control when they do construction but there is an alternative train (J train) a couple blocks further that is available for times like this.

One of the best hostel I've been to. I got the private room with a friend and it was great. Very safe and clean. Even though the bathrooms were shared, there was no problem. The location is pretty good. Very close to the subway station, which is great. The neighbourhood is made up of a younger crowd. It seems a little sketchy at first but it really isn't. Its great that there is free breakfast too. Its not a gourmet breakfast or anything but its good enough seeing as it is free.

Hello! Thank you very much for your kind review, we appreciate your business and it was our absolute pleasure to accommodate you, come back soon! Best Wishes

I suppose satisfaction with any hostel sometimes depends more on the other guests' behavior than the actual hostel facilities. Some of the other guests staying in a different room were super rowdy from 2-4 AM and none of the staff or security did anything. I was unable to get any sleep and ended up checking after only one night even though I paid for two.

• 16th Feb 2014

Dear Guest, We are so sorry that your experience at our Hostel was not the best. We do our absolute best to control the numerous guests every night and we usually have people rave about how good our security is. We invite you to write us an email giving us the details of the situation so that we can improve our team and not let an incident such as what you described happen. Thank you for writing a review, we hope to have you back for a better experience! Best Wishes

My experience at the New York Loft Hostel was amazing. The staff there are so friendly and accommodating and are always ready to point you in the right direction if you are new to the city. I stayed i n a twin private room with a friend and we felt very safe leaving our belongings in our room for the day while we were out. It was also so wonderful to have free breakfast (toast, cereal, tea, ) every morning and have a communal fridge in the kitchen to store your own food!

• 15th Feb 2014

Hello Guest, It was our pleasure to accommodate you during your trip, it makes us happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay, come back soon! Best Regards

I enjoyed my stay at the New York Loft Hostel. The facilities were comfortable and the staff was helpful and friendly. I felt at home and was able to rest.

• 14th Feb 2014

Hello Guest, It was our pleasure to accommodate you! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we appreciate your comment! Best Wishes

Staff was extremely unaccommodating. My flight was cancelled and I was forced to stay another night. Despite there being many beds available I was still forced to pay full price to stay there. Shouldn't I have at least gotten some sort of discount considering that I had already paid to stay a few nights before??? They were literally about to send me off into the New York winter unless I coughed up the full price. Very poor service.

• 12th Feb 2014

Hello Guest, Sorry to hear about your traveling complications. When something like this happens it is not the hostels job to give you a discount for a separate business inconveniencing you. Perhaps you can contact your airline company as they sometimes cover the amount you pay for housing when a flight is cancelled. We would never send you off into the winter, but we also would not allow you to stay here for less money when the problem was not caused by us. We appreciate your business

Great place. Great value. Great location.

• 8th Feb 2014
  • South Africa

Hello Guest, So happy to hear that enjoyed our hostel, come back soon! Safe Travels!

This is the second time I've stayed in the NY Loft Hostel. Again, the staff is super friendly, I always stay in the off season (winter) so its not too crowded or loud. For the most part I have no major complains about the hostel, is nice and would recommend it to friends. However the beds, pillows were as if they hadn't been replaced since they opened and were in much need of replacing. Other than that I enjoyed my stay.

• 7th Feb 2014

Hello returning guest! Thanks for keeping us in mind while traveling, we are so glad that you decided to book with us again! We're looking into replacing our bedding, including the pillows so thank you for your feedback! Come back soon!

Nice hostel with friendly atmosphere and staff. 5-10 min by walk from Morgan av. subway station.

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Russia

Hello, Thank you for leaving us your feedback, we appreciate your kind review. We hope to have you return next time you're in New York! All the best!

I had a very good stay at the hostel, very clean and secure and everything you need there. The breakfast was very good and the rooms were warm enough during the winter :)

Hello Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay, and we appreciate the positive review. Come back soon!

My room was very cold at that time and someone steal my food from fridge.

Clean hostel, good common area. In an up and coming suburb which could look a bit shifty at night but it wasn't. Overall an enjoyable stay !

Hello Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel, we use these reviews to better our services and amenities for future guests. All the best