The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

I suppose satisfaction with any hostel sometimes depends more on the other guests' behavior than the actual hostel facilities. Some of the other guests staying in a different room were super rowdy from 2-4 AM and none of the staff or security did anything. I was unable to get any sleep and ended up checking after only one night even though I paid for two.

• 16th Feb 2014

Dear Guest, We are so sorry that your experience at our Hostel was not the best. We do our absolute best to control the numerous guests every night and we usually have people rave about how good our security is. We invite you to write us an email giving us the details of the situation so that we can improve our team and not let an incident such as what you described happen. Thank you for writing a review, we hope to have you back for a better experience! Best Wishes

My experience at the New York Loft Hostel was amazing. The staff there are so friendly and accommodating and are always ready to point you in the right direction if you are new to the city. I stayed i n a twin private room with a friend and we felt very safe leaving our belongings in our room for the day while we were out. It was also so wonderful to have free breakfast (toast, cereal, tea, ) every morning and have a communal fridge in the kitchen to store your own food!

• 15th Feb 2014

Hello Guest, It was our pleasure to accommodate you during your trip, it makes us happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay, come back soon! Best Regards

I enjoyed my stay at the New York Loft Hostel. The facilities were comfortable and the staff was helpful and friendly. I felt at home and was able to rest.

• 14th Feb 2014

Hello Guest, It was our pleasure to accommodate you! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we appreciate your comment! Best Wishes

Staff was extremely unaccommodating. My flight was cancelled and I was forced to stay another night. Despite there being many beds available I was still forced to pay full price to stay there. Shouldn't I have at least gotten some sort of discount considering that I had already paid to stay a few nights before??? They were literally about to send me off into the New York winter unless I coughed up the full price. Very poor service.

• 12th Feb 2014

Hello Guest, Sorry to hear about your traveling complications. When something like this happens it is not the hostels job to give you a discount for a separate business inconveniencing you. Perhaps you can contact your airline company as they sometimes cover the amount you pay for housing when a flight is cancelled. We would never send you off into the winter, but we also would not allow you to stay here for less money when the problem was not caused by us. We appreciate your business

Great place. Great value. Great location.

• 8th Feb 2014
  • South Africa

Hello Guest, So happy to hear that enjoyed our hostel, come back soon! Safe Travels!

This is the second time I've stayed in the NY Loft Hostel. Again, the staff is super friendly, I always stay in the off season (winter) so its not too crowded or loud. For the most part I have no major complains about the hostel, is nice and would recommend it to friends. However the beds, pillows were as if they hadn't been replaced since they opened and were in much need of replacing. Other than that I enjoyed my stay.

• 7th Feb 2014

Hello returning guest! Thanks for keeping us in mind while traveling, we are so glad that you decided to book with us again! We're looking into replacing our bedding, including the pillows so thank you for your feedback! Come back soon!

Nice hostel with friendly atmosphere and staff. 5-10 min by walk from Morgan av. subway station.

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Russia

Hello, Thank you for leaving us your feedback, we appreciate your kind review. We hope to have you return next time you're in New York! All the best!

I had a very good stay at the hostel, very clean and secure and everything you need there. The breakfast was very good and the rooms were warm enough during the winter :)

Hello Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay, and we appreciate the positive review. Come back soon!

My room was very cold at that time and someone steal my food from fridge.

Clean hostel, good common area. In an up and coming suburb which could look a bit shifty at night but it wasn't. Overall an enjoyable stay !

Hello Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel, we use these reviews to better our services and amenities for future guests. All the best

The stay was fine, the hostel had no atmosphere and wasnt what i expected from looking at the website, ended up checking a few days earlier

Hello Guest, Sorry to hear that your stay was not what you expected. We invite you to write us an email letting us know what we could have done better so that we can improve! Best Regards

Good hostel for a reasonable price. The transport into the city is easy and the hostel offers everything you need. If you want to escape the ridiculous prices in Manhattan - book here!

Hello Guest, Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback and we hope to have you return!! All the best!

3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next » last »