The New York Loft Hostel Reviews

249 Varet St., Brooklyn, NY, New York, USA

Staying the NY Loft Hostel was a great choice. Friendly staff, all facilities you need, clean and many nice places close by such as Café Noir for a nice breakfast or Café Tutu across the road with good food and nice atmosphere. Metro is close by and brings you to Manhattan in 10-15 minutes

• 10th Jun 2014

Close to food markets, subway, coffee shops n the L train runs a couple if blocks away, the room was comfy and the locker fit my carryon suitcase. I stayed on an all female dormant and the sir conditioned worked great, also I made friends with my roommate. I've stayed here already twice and I will continue to return. Clean, quest, considered staff.

I'm usually not one to review (but I read the heck out of them before I book), and the service was FANTASTIC! Major props to Karina for all of her help with a tiny issue I had. Staff keep the kitchen clean and are super nice. The ambiance is spectacular, I feel cooler for having stayed there. At first it was intimidating because the are is industrial. What I first mistook as intimidating by the end of the trip was so exciting to go look at and really gave the area character. Convenient location.

• 9th Jun 2014

While the hostel is only a block or two away from a subway line that feeds into manhattan the surrounding area felt unsafe. We were woken at 6am by a fight on the street and didn't feel comfortable walking more than two blocks from the hostel. However, the hostel was clean, functional and served it's purpose of providing a comfortable bed for the night.

• 7th Jun 2014

I booked and paid for a dorm with 3 beds, but was placed in a dorm with 4 beds. The bathroom door did not lock, and there was only one other bathroom on my floor, so if the one with the working lock was occupied, you had to use the one with the broken lock, and chance people walking in on you (which they did). The breakfast in the morning was bread and jelly. Don't be fooled into thinking you are getting some sort of real sustenance to start your day, like a banana or apple.

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hostel. We appreciate your input and will take into account your critique to better our services for the future. We apologize for the extra bed in your room- we have since organized all rooms accordingly so that should never happen again. Our maintenance staff is always on call and if something is reported as broken they immediately take on the task of fixing it. Our breakfast also includes fruits such as bananas, apples and oranges.

I had a nice stay at the hostel. The property is nice, Iiked the backyard a lot. Spacious rooms although I didn't feel it was cleaned during my whole stay but I kept my room in order. The shared areas were clean and tidy all the time. Rob was very nice at front desk. The location is really good, metro is so conveniently close. Wireless connection is great! I would definitely go back to this place and appreciate their service.

The hostel is great! Everything was just perfect!

• 4th Jun 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you soon!

I've stayed at many hostels in my experience traveling, teaching and studying abroad and this is the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. The building itself is very nicely designed, but it's lacking sorely in important aspects. The room was overpriced and had the bare minimum. It looked like a prison cell and the shower was ice cold.The woman at the staff barely acknowledge us nor did she give us a rundown of the place. Late at night, people were very loud and nothing was done to quell it.

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hostel. We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay. Our main priority is always customer service and we will take into account your critiques to better our hostel for the future. We hope to see you soon.

Lovely spot, staff are very friendly and happy to help in any way they can.

• 3rd Jun 2014

This place is the bomb. Great facilities, and the staff-which can make or break it in hospitality-is superb. Rob, Daniela, Ali, Karina

The experience over there was fine..we just spent very few time to have a quick dinner and just sleep..but when we were at the sun deck for dinner (the tables downtairs were occupied) we asked the recepcionist if she could turn on the lights..but nothing happened..so we had to eat in the darkness..a pity since the sun deck seemed a very nice place to stay..the rest was ok

• 31st May 2014
  • Argentina

Thank you for taking the time out to review our Hostel. We appreciate your input and will take your critique to help better our services for the future. We hope to see you back soon.

What a pleasant suprize to find such a clean quite and friendly place to stay in BUSHWICK. My only criticism woul be to have a breakfast cereal option that was a little more healthy , although the sugar powered coco puffs got me up and out the door.

• 29th May 2014

An underground drum and base club had set up the weekend I stayed running from midnight to 0900. As I was staying at the front of the building the noise reverberated through the wall.

Located in a very nice, alternative neighbourhood, the area felt totally safe and not sketchy like some people stated here. Rooms were very nice, staff wasnt very friendly and helpful. Barbeque was cool. They say on their website that you can train in the gym right across, but that isnt true. A bit too pricey.

I had a great time. The location in Williamsburg was great, and the rest of New York was very accessible by subway. The hostel was very clean, and the staff was very helpful. Thanks for a great stay!

• 27th May 2014

A fun hostel - I liked the exposed brick and (for a hostel) spacious rooms. There were also some good events on. One request - please can we have brown bread at breakfast? Thank-you!

Thank you for your kind review! We are happy you enjoyed your stay! We will make a note to include brown bread next time. We hope to see you soon :)

Great place to stay for a holiday getaway.

• 26th May 2014

The sheets were not always clean.

• 26th May 2014
  • Spain

Expected a lot more for the price & reviews. The hostel is quiet a distance form Manhattan, and 5 stops from Williamsburg. It offers a lot in the description on Hostelworld, but you have to pay additional fees for nearly everything (eg, gym, washing machine, to use the computers, etc etc). The atmosphere is pretty poor too - difficult to get to know people due to the layout of the hostel. Would also be good if breakfast went a bit later.

It was one of - if not the - best hostels I've been! Really nice and helpful staff, very clean, nice rooms with a nice layout and the common areas are really awesome! Spent a lot of my time at the Hostel in the kitchen/ lounge area and made a lot of friends. They offer a pretty reasonable breakfast (bread for toast, cereal, milk, apple, orange, tea or chocolate milk, butter, cream cheese, peanut butter, jelly and, if I'm not mistaken, there's also eggs). Loved it and will def do it again!

• 24th May 2014

Thank you for your kind review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you soon :)