The Nomad House Reviews

111/12 Moo 1, Ban Tai, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Great great place run by some great characters. Worth every baht. The atmosphere here over the full moon time with the pre drinking was so much fun, and was a great way to meet others and head out to the parties. It's somehow kept clean even after the place gets crazy at night with all the people drinking. Great place overall. I would recommend it to anyone. Thanks

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Argentina

Nice place, great atmosphere for full moon party - had pre drinks there and taxi organised, very helpful helping me find my GoPro as I lost it temporarily. Most staff nice a couple aren't so friendly

Best hostel I have been to whilst traveling Asia and south America. Rooms are good with comfy beds and the aircon was great. the common areas are fantastic and makes it easy to meet others. The staff and the atmosphere is the best aspect. Super fun, helpful staff and the pre-parties Nomad threw were great fun. I had more fun with the hostel's pre-party than the actual parties, even full moon. Close to everything. 10 mins to full moon. Not being in Had rin was better as I slept well. Cheers.

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Austria

Awesome social party hostel with great pre- parties, easy to meet tons of people, good chill vibe for non party times. Highly recommend

Had a great time here, planned to stay a couple of nights, ended up staying 6. Great atmosphere every night as the owner brings his other hostel here. Taxi to the parties at midnight every night. So cheap during non-full moon party time but much more expensive for that is only criticism

Very social hostel, rooms are nice and air conditioned. Only down side is its a bit far from full moon beach but if you're trying to save I'd avoid full moon all together. Wallet has been destroyed, best time though.

• 31st May 2015

Hey bro, thanks for the comments. Yes, full moon period is the most expensive time of the month on Koh Phangan. As previously noted, we are close to every party except full moon. Half Moon Festival and Jungle Experience are right behind us in the BanTai Jungle. Our location is also a better base for exploring Koh Phangan than Haad Rin (Full Moon Beach). Again, thanks for the remarks and all the best.

Good atmosphere and staff were good fun. Wifi isn't good which could be an improvement to look at.

Super awesome place, the atmosphere was great and the staff was good at getting the guests together and hanging out. Great place for solo travelers who are looking to meet new people. I would come back

Excellent hotel all round, the 4 hosts who work there are all friendly and helpful, they get the vibes vibesing

Sweet hostel. Couldn't have picked a better hostel, especially being a solo traveler. Very fun, welcoming staff. There is a chilled atmosphere throughout the day and it gets a bit crazy at night with beer pong, flip cup and what not with the other guests and staff. Very easy to meet others and head off to the parties together. Great atmosphere. Overall great vibe. Highly

• 22nd May 2015

We stayed here recently for three nights, it was pretty quiet when we were there but that's because it's low season, which suited us fine. Staff were helpful with booking onward transport and we felt quite welcome, free glass of water and homemade pizza bread. There are a few cheap restaurants in the area and the beach is ok, but you can rent a bike very cheaply to get around. TV didn't seem to work in the TV room unfortunately.

Hello, thanks for your comments. Yes, you came when there was no half moon or full moon party, so it's pretty much dead everywhere on Koh Phangan, but that's just an opportunity to go and explore deserted beaches etc. The TV does work, but it's only for watching movies via a thumb drive. anyhow, thanks again. Safe travels!

This hostel is really nice! The staff is really friendly and helps you with whatever you need. The rooms are really clean, with aircon. Just really familiar atmosphere. Would come there definitely again!

• 12th May 2015

Great! friendly staff and hostel mates and lots of beer pong going on daily

Great place to stay!! Staff were amazing. We ended up extending our stay after the full moon party! So much fun here.

• 1st May 2015
  • Scotland

I stayed here for the Full Moon Party..(Originally) i loved it so much i ended up extending... it was EPIC!, the staff are great and will go out of their way to help you, you get free lockers so everything is all locked up and secure and the rooms and facilities are all ways clean which is great..... I would highly recommend this place to any body that comes to Koh Phangan.

• 1st May 2015

The vibe of this hostel is incredible. Stayed for the FMP and it was the best. The staff and the owners create a very warm and lively environment which was great for young travelers like myself. The pre-parties the hostel put on were fun than the actual Koh Pangan parties themselves. Highly recommend.

• 30th Apr 2015

I was supposed to stay 4 nights and I stayed 12. I had to force myself to book a flight just so I got on with my journey. The staff are amazing. Most of them have previously been guests who loved it so much they decided to stay and work there. super friendly and they plan day trips to get you out the hostel on your hangovers & they put on the best pre drink parties. Even after full moon the vibe was just so nice I stayed another week. I've already planned to come back for next months full moon

Wicked hostel, staff was awesome and fun, AC in the rooms were gamechangers. Only con was the wifi was poor. Pizza party night by the master chef- unreal!

Your stay entirely depends on which dorm you stay in. Staying in K was really nice! Staff is really cool, enjoyed the nights out with them.

• 29th Apr 2015

Nomad is an awesome Hostel I was there the second time already because of the great family like atmosphere. Its all about being together having fun and making new friends. The staff is so cool and makes great effort to gets the people going with Barbecues, beerpong or free rides to parties. It is also located close to the pier and with a 5 min walk you can easily reach a beautiful windsurfing beach. Towels are provided and the facilities are clean. Best party hostel on Koh Phangan, period!

• 25th Apr 2015