The Nomad House Reviews

111/12 Moo 1, Ban Tai, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Lovely stay! Strongly recommend /Angelica and Frida

• 4th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

A great hostel to stay in for the full moon, we stayed 5 nights and they were great at organising the pre parties! The facilities were good and the film room was great for hungover/rainy days. Nomad had a fantastic atmosphere and an excellent social area, I'd definitely stay here again if I was on Phangan!

I stayed here just by chance for the full moon party. I was meant to stay for 4 days and stayed over a week. Great place and great staff. Always something to do. Don't stay anywhere else, sure they'll be better hostels but mothing can compare to how welcoming they are here.

• 2nd Dec 2014

This hostel is clean, friendly and has an excellent feel. I booked two nights and stayed for five! It is a good place whether you want to party or just chill and rest. They have an awesome movie room for lazy nights, as well as a bar if you are feeling frisky. At first I was worried about the location because I had never been to Koh Phangan before. But it was actually perfect. It is close to everything transportation is cheap and easy on the island nothing is more than 15 min away. Great place

awesome place, awesome people

The nomad house is by far the best hostel I've stayed at in all my travels. The facilities are top notch and location is excellent for those wishing to stay away from the noisy full moon area. But what made this hostel so great was the staff. They are easy going, fun, and make an effort to remember your name. I recommend all travellers I meet that go to Koh phangen that they must stay at the Nomad House. I had an exceptional stay and wish every hostel was like that.

• 5th Nov 2014

Can only speak for full moon period but it was a great hostel. Far from haad rin but there is another beach a couple minute walk away and as for the parties, taxis are always around and easy to share with a big group making it cheap. The owner is great, knows everyone by name, makes you feel very comfortable which is important. Right next door is another amazing hostel with lots to offer so you get the best of both worlds. Met amazing people at the hostel and the rooms are great as well.

Arrived here because a friend recommended and it exceeded my expectations. By far the best hostel I have been to. Nomad house made my full moon.The atmosphere is off the hook and the staff are the best. If you're looking to have a good time and meet people, this is the place to be.

• 4th Nov 2014

Had a blast at the nomad house. 20 out of 10 for atmosphere and the staff are the best. They have a great bar which roars up at night and everyone from the whole hostel is together having a great time. Random people were coming off the road to join in on the fun. the location not being in Haad Rin worked out great as we were able to get good sleep and there's a nice quiet beach literally right across from the hostel. The best hostel thus far in my travels. wish i could have stayed longer.thx!!!

• 4th Nov 2014

Really fun place with great staff but a bit too far for the full moon party

thanks for the review, man. We just want to go ahead and say that Full Moon Party is not the only things going on on Koh Phangan. Party wise, all parties except for Full Moon Party and the Lighthouse party are here in Ban Tai just 5 minutes away with taxi. Also, all the roads leading to the northern beaches are right here by the hostel. Most people favor to be stuck in Haad Rin. By being in Haad Rin you are right near full moon, but you have to come back here to Ban Tai to do anything else.

Good hostel with great people, would love to see it in high season

• 22nd Oct 2014

Had absolutely an amazing time during my staying! Staff is really friendly and helpful and Yuki is an absolute top bloke! Definitely recommend this hostel :)

Fantastic atmosphere over full moon. Cheap drinks for offer at the bar. Loved it so much that ended up staying past half moon party. Lovely staff. Comfy beds and clean rooms. Felt like family when I left. Best of the best. Highly recommend it.

• 7th Oct 2014

We stayed here for the full moon in October and really enjoyed it. Frienly staff keen to help you. On the evening of the full moon and jungle party there were was a really lively atmosphere. Cheap drink. Beer pong and flip cup tornements got people together. There was also free uv paint supplied to get you looking the part. Handy having a beach across the road and a pool next door. Would recommend heading up to the north of the island to the more scenic beaches.

Loved staying here for the full Moon party. The staff are so friendly & helpful & organise your transport to get to the various parties. It is near 7/11 & cheap restaurants. If you want to go the beach or pier they will charge you 100 bhat each in a shared taxi. I will be staying here again next time I am in Kho Phangan. Hostel is clean & bathrooms and dorms are decent. It has a bar and the prices are also cheap there too.

I had a great time at nomads! Shine, the owner makes you feel like you are at home. Definitely coming back soon!!

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Argentina

I had a amazing time in the Nomad House, the hostel is so clean and cozy! They also cooked delicious food, special the wood-oven pizza! I meet so many new friends, and we had amazing pre party's with beer pong, and other drinking games. Shine and Yuki are awsome, they are always smiling and helped me with everything, like booking boat tickets and travel advice in Thailand. I can defiantly recommend this awesome hostel for anyone that wants to have a great time in Koh Phangan!

The staff were super helpful, and Shine was an amazing host! He took us to an awesome bar for cheap cocktails and beautiful sunset views. Couldn't have made our stay any better and made us feel so welcome, sorted out activities for us and cheap transport. The hostel is really clean and the location is good. 100% would go back there again!!

Shine is an incredibly nice guy. He is the epitome of amazing customer service and ensures you have the best time on vacation. The hotel is also going through renovation and I am excited to see how everything turns out! 11/10!

• 23rd Sep 2014

Shine and Kyet were fantastic! They made me feel right at home and went out of their way to ensure myself and other guests had a positive experience.

« first « Prev 1 2 3