The Nomad House Reviews

111/12 Moo 1, Ban Tai, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Lot of fun if you want to meet people and party

• 12th Jan 2015

Stayed there for the Full moon party, nice stay, slept in the 18 people dorm. It was ok, it's what you expect for a dorm. Place was clean.

• 4th Jan 2015

A nice place to stay on Baan Tai, away from the insanity of Haad Rin.. cool overall vibe and most of the staff were fun to interact with.

Nice hostel. A ways from the full moon party, but it's no problem getting there that night, and it means you don't have to endure chaos the rest of your stay. They have a nice movie room with a comfy couch and their pizza buffet is super delicious and worth every penny. Only complaints, the beds were quite noisy and many of the sinks never had soap. Otherwise a good place to stay.

Sorry about the soap! We will be sure to take care of that hence forth. some of the beds are squeaky, but we are in the process of bolting all of them into walls so there shouldn't be any more problems. All the best!

Excellent hostel, staff are really cool, Yuki and guys are nice people. My only concern is about the taxi lady, she is always trying to take advantage from the people. Good place for solo travellers, everyday has something to do in the bar. Wifi could be better. I definitely recomment this place in Koh Phangan.

Hey bra, thanks for taking part and being your awesome self and helping us make a great atmosphere here. it was a pleasure having ya here. New Year was a new record for us capacity wise with the addition of a few dorms. The wifi was a bit of an issue with all the people staying here draining it. We are adding new routers and boosters to fix this issue. Best wishes, brotha.

Stayed here for new years, had a great time. Definitely a party hostel but the staff are great and have good events planned every night

While the atmosphere was good and the staff wonderful and kind (Yuki&Friends), I must say that the double bedroom was far from expectations. Was suprised to find out that the hut was quite far from the main place & lobby, had no WIFI, no aircon, no hot water, no water flush (used a bucket). All my neighbours were unhappy too. Internet was shaky and unstable in the main lobby too. Seems like the dormitories had better facilities, anyway, the private rooms are definitely NOT worth the money paid.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Israel

Hey buddy, sorry you feel that way about your stay. We're officially shutting down these double bed privates after this New Year experience. Just to share our side, we did explain in the room description that it is right across the hostel by the beach with a very basic set up. Our dorms our much nicer, which is why the price for the private was the same price as our cheapest dorm during the New Year. Sorry we didn't meet your expectations. We're always improving and we appreciate the criticism.

I stayed at nomads with my friend during new years and we both enjoyed our stay very much. There was pre party before all the big parties and transportation to the parties with all from the hostel. And a restaurant just next door which is both cheap and delicious. A bit pricy during new years, but an Awsome hostel, would certainly stay again

This a truly amazing hostel. It has everything, an awesome bar, comfortable dorms, amazing people and an all round excellent vibe. Will definetly stay here again. A big shout out to Yuki, Shine and all the other staff who make this hostel the awesome place that it is. Thanks for the memories. Boom!

Excellent place to stay, it's very safe, the location is great, the people and the atmosphere in this place is awesome. Yuki is a great staff member and makes u feel like home. 100% recommendable.

Perfect place for an amazing party!

Lovely stay! Strongly recommend /Angelica and Frida

• 4th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

The nightly events are the draw for this place! Extremely social. Everything else is decent too.

I love the Nomad House! Keep it up guys!

A great hostel to stay in for the full moon, we stayed 5 nights and they were great at organising the pre parties! The facilities were good and the film room was great for hungover/rainy days. Nomad had a fantastic atmosphere and an excellent social area, I'd definitely stay here again if I was on Phangan!

I stayed here just by chance for the full moon party. I was meant to stay for 4 days and stayed over a week. Great place and great staff. Always something to do. Don't stay anywhere else, sure they'll be better hostels but mothing can compare to how welcoming they are here.

• 2nd Dec 2014

This hostel is clean, friendly and has an excellent feel. I booked two nights and stayed for five! It is a good place whether you want to party or just chill and rest. They have an awesome movie room for lazy nights, as well as a bar if you are feeling frisky. At first I was worried about the location because I had never been to Koh Phangan before. But it was actually perfect. It is close to everything transportation is cheap and easy on the island nothing is more than 15 min away. Great place

awesome place, awesome people

The nomad house is by far the best hostel I've stayed at in all my travels. The facilities are top notch and location is excellent for those wishing to stay away from the noisy full moon area. But what made this hostel so great was the staff. They are easy going, fun, and make an effort to remember your name. I recommend all travellers I meet that go to Koh phangen that they must stay at the Nomad House. I had an exceptional stay and wish every hostel was like that.

• 5th Nov 2014

Can only speak for full moon period but it was a great hostel. Far from haad rin but there is another beach a couple minute walk away and as for the parties, taxis are always around and easy to share with a big group making it cheap. The owner is great, knows everyone by name, makes you feel very comfortable which is important. Right next door is another amazing hostel with lots to offer so you get the best of both worlds. Met amazing people at the hostel and the rooms are great as well.

« first « Prev 1 2 3