The Nomad House Reviews

111/12 Moo 1, Ban Tai, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Lovely friendly hostel perfect for meeting new people and making friends over a cold Chang or ten. Great location for the full moon and really close to the local beach. Rooms are fine for what you need and beds comfy. Staff are always friendly and willing to help/ have a chat or point you in the right direction. Would defiantly stay here again

Thank you guys so much for everything guys! Had a blast at Nomad and will definately recommend it! Jenny and Emma Ireland :)

Unique hostel experience here but I feel a bit ripped off. This place is great for a solo traveller and i came during the full moon party period and had a great time. However, I seemed to be paying double what everyone else was paying for my bed. The bathroom wasnt cleaned once in five nights nor were anyones sheets changed. I booked a bus to another city after my stay. Only to realize i couldve paid half if i went to a travel agent. However, The staff are really cool and very friendly.

I'm sorry you feel that we ripped you off. Depending on what our competition does with their prices, we have to change our rates, sometimes daily. In regards to the bathrooms, we are very sorry as well. Our tickets, however, are not double priced. Our prices are very comparable to other agents and our price also includes a taxi pick up from the hostel. I'm really sorry that you feel this way about your stay at this hostel. I assure you that things will be better, if you come back. All the best.

Great stay in no mad. Staff are lovely and the hostel has a great atmosphere. Only criticism is that the showers appeared to stain some of our clothes and hair as the water appeared to be slightly orange. Good location for full moon and jungle part though. Taxis are easy to catch to the peer and nightlife and it's a much nicer location than hadrin.

Hey there, the water quality on Koh Phangan is not stellar. We have noticed this problem ourselves, and have installed a very elaborate water filtration/purification system to not have this problem again. All the best to you, and we hope you come back for a visit.

I loved the Nomad House! The staff were all really lovely and the hostel was really good and sociable, great atmosphere! I stayed for 5 nights over full moon and it was perfect, everyone in the hostel had drinks together before going to the warm up parties and full moon so great place to stay if you want to meet people too!

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Organised taxis to all the venues and had good deals on drink.

• 11th Jul 2014

We stayed here for the full moon party in July. The hostel is pretty nice and they do a good job trying to organize parties and tours. Unfortunately the internet didn't work our entire stay and it was a long way from haad rin which is where we spent most of our time. This is a party hostel. If you want a good nights sleep it might not be for you. They had small lockers for valuables. If I go back to koh phangan I would stay somewhere closer to haad rin rather that stay here.

Sorry about he wifi. July Full Moon was a record full moon for capacity for us and we thought that the wifi would be strong enough. The huge storm on the 9th didn't help either by knocking the wifi out in the neighborhood for a whole day. We have added two new routers and two boosters, so this problem should never occur again. We are located in Ban Tai, and all the parties except for Full Moon are here in and not in Haad Rin. We personally think our location is better for not being in Haad Rin.

Great staff and atmosphere! The pizza nights are awesome, serve the best pizza in koh phangan

LOVE the staff- Yuki, Will, Nikki and Shine. They have the best pizza! It's great that they get everyone involved and make a huge effort to know a little about everyone. The pre party's are the best, and they have great drinks offer. It's one of the most friendliest hostels I have been to. Only down side is around the area there's not much to do so renting a bike would be quite good if not there's many taxis anyway.

When you travel, its all about the people, and at Nomad House, you arrive as a guest and you leave as a member of the family. There is no doubt that this is THE place to stay if you want to have a great time on this island (meet people, discover nice spots on the island, eat delicious pizza, paint your body, play beerpong, dance your ass off and get ready for the best parties :) And even though its lively, the dorms are clean and quiet. Just go. & Enjoy cause you're gonna miss this place !

Just such lovely staff and a good social atmosphere. If you're there for parties you'll meet a group to go with and have an ace pre-lash venue but they also have a load of recommendations for other activities. Really good vibe. Would stay here again

• 5th Jul 2014

My stay at Nomad House was great! The room was clean, the air con worked and there is tons of common space to hangout and meet new people. My 2 friends and I were there on half moon and the pre drink was great! Full of drinking games, free glow in the dark body paint and cheap taxis to the jungle party. There was a booking error and I immediately got an email from them explaining what happened, apologizing and then fixing the issue. The staff was great and made out stay themost enjoyable ever!

I don't even know where to begin, the Nomad House is hands down the best hostel I have come across in my travels. Met so many people there that I will continue to keep in touch with. I also cannot say enough about the Management! Yuki, Will,

• 9th Jun 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights around the Full Moon Party, and I wouldn't have wanted to go anywhere else! With so many other young travelers and good drink specials, the pre-game parties were pretty solid. The staff was amazing as well! Yuki, Shine (makes some delicious handmade pizza!!), Nikky, and Will felt like more than just staff; they would always hangout with us and give advice on what to do and what not to do! If you're looking for a solid place to stay away from the craziness, stay here!!!

• 9th Jun 2014

stayed for the 5 days around the June full moon with a group of 3. Every night there was a fnatasticv atmosphere even though the hostel is located ten minutes from Had Rinn full moon beach. Excellent party any time of the day and into the night, staff are very friendly and helpful and lots of fun. highly recommended for full moon great spot.

• 8th Jun 2014

The staff here are excellent and really make your stay in Phangan! The hostel was a little quiet when I first arrived (due to curfew) and the staff took us on a wonderful trip around the island to remote beaches. I originally booked for 2 nights and stayed for 5. The hostel got a good crowd for half moon and I met some lovely people here. Can't recommend enough.

Good location for staying during Half Moon Party! Come ome day earlier to get to know everyone and for the pre-parties. The diens have AC and are very clean. But the best tjonge about this place is the friendly staff!

• 20th May 2014

Was here for the full moon party and the pre party these guys put on was better than the full moon party! These guys really know how to give their guests a good time. The location is walking distance to a beach other than that you'll need to cab or bike everywhere.

Really good hostel for any full moon party I would recommend it. Hire bikes and drive west as it's so flat and easy, and the scenery is stunning! The hostel is so helpful with this, and provides an amazing atmosphere to get drunk and make friends and socialise! My full moon experience wouldn't have been the same if it hadn't been for Nomad House! An added bonus is that there are cheap restaurants and a 7eleven about three minutes down the road! Only complaints were with the mattress, a bit hard!

• 13th May 2014

I loved the Nomad House! The staff is so friendly and helpful, the atmosphere was great, and the pizza is to die for! A great place to meet tons of awesome people. Everyone should stay here! Thanks guys! :D

« first « Prev 1 2 3