The Nomad House Reviews

111/12 Moo 1, Ban Tai, Koh Phangan, Thailand

UNFORGETTABLE! Exhausted after nothing but misadventure, we stepped off the boat in Koh Phangan where Yuki was waiting on a 3 wheeler to save us and take us in to the Nomad House! The next 3 days shot by us, an epic blur of partying, dancing, BBQing, beaching, riding, chilling and laughing. The staff treated us just like their best mates, but provided an excellent atmosphere for us and all the guests. We'll never forget our time at the Nomad House and can't wait to do it again next year!

The staff puts lots of emphasis on creating great social atmosphere. The best of my trip!

• 20th Aug 2014

Staff were amazing, really helpful and fun. We came during the august full moon and had a great time. Rooms and bathrooms were kept so clean by the staff. There was free neon paint for the jungle/full moon parties and hostel was busy and very social. Only downside is that you have to pay 100baht to get to haad rin beach.

Best hostel to party over full moon. Yuki and the rest of the staff are amazing. There is a cheap bar with pre drinks every night, they organise taxis and tickets for all the nights out. Free shots and body paint! Great location, all taxis know where nomad house is. Plus taxis are 100baht pp, so easy to get. Beach is literally over the road for those hangovers. In addition there is a movie room for those hangovers!

Really nice social hostel, with everything backpacker needs. Cheap drinks, excellent stuff, owner is doing a good job and working hard with his hostel. I highly recommend it. Cheers!

Great staff, i had a bless to go out with them! They help you anytime.. Go for the private room with double bed! Loved it!

• 2nd Aug 2014

I heard already some great stories about this place but after my stay of 4 days I can ensure you that every story was true. In reality it was even better. The place is not a fancy place but for 150 baht a night you will get a 6 mixed dormroom with aircon, clean beds, fresh towels and a family for free during your stay! The owners of the hostel are really involved in the well-being of the guest. I felt literally at home after my stay. I would definitely visit it again if I have the change!

• 1st Aug 2014

Lovely friendly hostel perfect for meeting new people and making friends over a cold Chang or ten. Great location for the full moon and really close to the local beach. Rooms are fine for what you need and beds comfy. Staff are always friendly and willing to help/ have a chat or point you in the right direction. Would defiantly stay here again

Thank you guys so much for everything guys! Had a blast at Nomad and will definately recommend it! Jenny and Emma Ireland :)

Unique hostel experience here but I feel a bit ripped off. This place is great for a solo traveller and i came during the full moon party period and had a great time. However, I seemed to be paying double what everyone else was paying for my bed. The bathroom wasnt cleaned once in five nights nor were anyones sheets changed. I booked a bus to another city after my stay. Only to realize i couldve paid half if i went to a travel agent. However, The staff are really cool and very friendly.

I'm sorry you feel that we ripped you off. Depending on what our competition does with their prices, we have to change our rates, sometimes daily. In regards to the bathrooms, we are very sorry as well. Our tickets, however, are not double priced. Our prices are very comparable to other agents and our price also includes a taxi pick up from the hostel. I'm really sorry that you feel this way about your stay at this hostel. I assure you that things will be better, if you come back. All the best.

Great stay in no mad. Staff are lovely and the hostel has a great atmosphere. Only criticism is that the showers appeared to stain some of our clothes and hair as the water appeared to be slightly orange. Good location for full moon and jungle part though. Taxis are easy to catch to the peer and nightlife and it's a much nicer location than hadrin.

Hey there, the water quality on Koh Phangan is not stellar. We have noticed this problem ourselves, and have installed a very elaborate water filtration/purification system to not have this problem again. All the best to you, and we hope you come back for a visit.

I loved the Nomad House! The staff were all really lovely and the hostel was really good and sociable, great atmosphere! I stayed for 5 nights over full moon and it was perfect, everyone in the hostel had drinks together before going to the warm up parties and full moon so great place to stay if you want to meet people too!

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Organised taxis to all the venues and had good deals on drink.

We stayed here for the full moon party in July. The hostel is pretty nice and they do a good job trying to organize parties and tours. Unfortunately the internet didn't work our entire stay and it was a long way from haad rin which is where we spent most of our time. This is a party hostel. If you want a good nights sleep it might not be for you. They had small lockers for valuables. If I go back to koh phangan I would stay somewhere closer to haad rin rather that stay here.

Sorry about he wifi. July Full Moon was a record full moon for capacity for us and we thought that the wifi would be strong enough. The huge storm on the 9th didn't help either by knocking the wifi out in the neighborhood for a whole day. We have added two new routers and two boosters, so this problem should never occur again. We are located in Ban Tai, and all the parties except for Full Moon are here in and not in Haad Rin. We personally think our location is better for not being in Haad Rin.

Great staff and atmosphere! The pizza nights are awesome, serve the best pizza in koh phangan

LOVE the staff- Yuki, Will, Nikki and Shine. They have the best pizza! It's great that they get everyone involved and make a huge effort to know a little about everyone. The pre party's are the best, and they have great drinks offer. It's one of the most friendliest hostels I have been to. Only down side is around the area there's not much to do so renting a bike would be quite good if not there's many taxis anyway.

When you travel, its all about the people, and at Nomad House, you arrive as a guest and you leave as a member of the family. There is no doubt that this is THE place to stay if you want to have a great time on this island (meet people, discover nice spots on the island, eat delicious pizza, paint your body, play beerpong, dance your ass off and get ready for the best parties :) And even though its lively, the dorms are clean and quiet. Just go. & Enjoy cause you're gonna miss this place !

Had an amazing time staying at Nomad House. We originally only booked to stay for 2 nights but ended up staying for a week. The hostel was such a good place to meet lots of other backpackers and Will, Yuki, Nikky and Shine did everything they could to make sure that everyone had a brilliant time!

Just such lovely staff and a good social atmosphere. If you're there for parties you'll meet a group to go with and have an ace pre-lash venue but they also have a load of recommendations for other activities. Really good vibe. Would stay here again

• 5th Jul 2014

My stay at Nomad House was great! The room was clean, the air con worked and there is tons of common space to hangout and meet new people. My 2 friends and I were there on half moon and the pre drink was great! Full of drinking games, free glow in the dark body paint and cheap taxis to the jungle party. There was a booking error and I immediately got an email from them explaining what happened, apologizing and then fixing the issue. The staff was great and made out stay themost enjoyable ever!

« first « Prev 1 2 3