The Nomad House Reviews

111/12 Moo 1, Ban Tai, Koh Phangan, Thailand

This is a good hostel, especially targeted to backpackers seeking a party atmosphere. I'm happy with the time I've spent in Nomad. The only improvement I would suggest has to do with the sewage/ toilet from the 4-bed dorm. The water was not great; however, maybe this is a general issue affecting all buildings in the area. Everything else was good.

Great location for the half moon party. Staff was very friendly and organized lots of different events during our stay (half moon pre drink, movie night, parties at haad rin). Location is in ban Tai so a bit further away from haad rin if you want to be in the action.

Hey, thanks for taking the time to review us. Yes, we are right by half moon festival, and also very close to Jungle Experience, Black moon party, waterfall party, Maya Party, Boat party. Full Moon Party is only 10-15 minutes away with a taxi. not very far. I strongly beleive that Ban Tai has more to offer than Haad Rin. Most of the major parties are here in Ban Tai and Ban Tai is a much better base for exploring Koh Phangan than Haad Rin. Ban Tai Rulez!

Booked for 5 nights for full moon, ended up staying for 8 nights. Great atmosphere, staff were quality, banging party hostel! Would definitely recommend it, 30 second walk to the beach with a swimming pool next door! Bit of a drive to Haad Rin, but the hostel put on taxis to take you straight there. Very cheap for what you get so I would definitely recommend it.

• 30th Jul 2015

Yuki and the team are great, really enjoyed full moon party!! Thanks guys, Scott and Cara!

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Nomad is the place to be! The staff were all amazing, always there to help with anything if you need it and all great fun to have a drink with. Made some great friends as soon as I stepped foot in to Nomad. I personally loved the location; just a 10 or 15 minute taxi to Haad Rin. A bit of seclusion is always nice. The staff will help you organise anything you need and give great recommendations for days out. Atmosphere was incredible at all times. 500 words isn't enough! Will be back for sure!

Sick place to go for full moon. The bar attracts people from all the other hostels nearby, and it's super easy to meet people. Facilities are nice enough, but the vibe is great and they do a good job of setting people up with stuff to do after the bar. There's not a ton of stuff in the immediate area, but they set everybody up with taxis that are usually three dollars to wherever the main party on the island is. Highly recommend if you're coming for full moon.

Nomad is by far one of the best party-hostels you can choose on koh phangan. The staff is always nice and friendly, they help you whereever they can and you can have a good laugh with them. Especially Sebastian, Liz and Kath. They organize a lot of hostel intern parties, which are always really crowded and fun to be at. Warming up for the big parties (fullmoon, jungle party) was simply the best. The atmosphere is really nice, everybody has fun, drinks and parties a lot. I'll come back for sure!

• 28th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Most awesome and social hostel ever! The Nomad house has it all, its a party central, its got nice beds, the coolest people, the best atmosphere and the most awesome pre-parties! The hostel i huge and is absolutely perfect for meeting people. I came here alone, and this hostel was exactly what I wanted. The staff is also amazing! Elisabeth and Kathinka, arranged games and competitions and made sure everyone was included and had fun at the pre-parties! I will be back some day! x

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Norway

Originally we booked a 2 night stay at the Nomad house, but we ended up staying 6 nights. We loved the atmosphere and it is very easy to meet new people during one of the many parties the hostel hosts. Combine this with the good security, location, cleanliness, facilities and value for money, and you have all the ingredients a good hostel has to have. Cheers, Koen Hendriks

• 24th Jul 2015

Great atmosphere, the staff are all great and make an effort to hang out and get to know people. They will go out of their way to help you. Really great place to meet people and party every night. Our room was a little small but all the other rooms looked pretty big, facilities were good, WiFi excellent.

really really social hostel with lots of people to meet, great staff, and good ac. really convenient for half moon party but far away from the full moon and bantai isnt really that nice of a beach.

Hey there. thanks for the feedback. Yes, we are in Ban Tai, which is home to every major party on Koh Phangan except for the Full moon Party. Halfmoon Festival, Jungle Experience, Black Moon Culture, Waterfall Party, Maya Party, Loi Lay Floating Bar Party are all 5 minutes from our hostel. Full Moon Beach is only a 10-15 minute taxi ride from the hostel. Being in Ban Tai, I believe you get a better overall quality of sleep and is also a better base for exploring this beautiful island.

Perfect location for the half moon party. Common area was really sociable and friendly. Good wi-fi and strong air-con. Only negative - not enough showers and toilets for everyone

Hey, thanks for reviewing us and we're glad you had a great time. Halfmoon when you were was a new record with 120 guests. Great atmosphere and lots of fun. It was a pleasure hosting the fun and a great pre-party to say the least. Sorry about the toilet situation. We were putting up a new roof for our back up showers and toilets and we didn't get to finish it, and we didn't expect so many people to come! The roof is all good so there should be enough showers next time. Safe travels!

Great great place run by some great characters. Worth every baht. The atmosphere here over the full moon time with the pre drinking was so much fun, and was a great way to meet others and head out to the parties. It's somehow kept clean even after the place gets crazy at night with all the people drinking. Great place overall. I would recommend it to anyone. Thanks

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Argentina

Enjoyed my stay here. Facilities were good and location was a lot better than being near the Haad Rin area.

Nice place, great atmosphere for full moon party - had pre drinks there and taxi organised, very helpful helping me find my GoPro as I lost it temporarily. Most staff nice a couple aren't so friendly

Best hostel I have been to whilst traveling Asia and south America. Rooms are good with comfy beds and the aircon was great. the common areas are fantastic and makes it easy to meet others. The staff and the atmosphere is the best aspect. Super fun, helpful staff and the pre-parties Nomad threw were great fun. I had more fun with the hostel's pre-party than the actual parties, even full moon. Close to everything. 10 mins to full moon. Not being in Had rin was better as I slept well. Cheers.

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Austria

Awesome social party hostel with great pre- parties, easy to meet tons of people, good chill vibe for non party times. Highly recommend

Nomad house by far the best hostel I've stayed in during my trip, the atmosphere is fun and exciting, the staff members are helpful and easy to talk to, the beds are comfortable and I never felt like my stuff was unsafe in the room. I went as a solo traveler and met tons of great people. The pictures give you a good idea of what it's like on the full moon / half moon nights, but I was also there during the quieter times and still had amazing fun with a smaller crowd. Get a bike and explore KPG!

• 27th Jun 2015

Had a great time here, planned to stay a couple of nights, ended up staying 6. Great atmosphere every night as the owner brings his other hostel here. Taxi to the parties at midnight every night. So cheap during non-full moon party time but much more expensive for that is only criticism

Amazing stay at Nomads. As a single traveller I've found a party hostel is the best place to meet other people. I ended up traveling for a month with people I met there! They're so welcoming and an absolutely crazy bunch. Made friends for life there. Cheers Nomads!

• 1st Jun 2015