8.8
Fabulous 475 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 475 Total Reviews
The Northern Greenhouse Located at 117 Grafton Street, , Cairns.
Australia
Cairns Queensland 4870 117 Grafton Street
88% 475
-16.9223912 145.7738971
    Rooms available

4th Dec 2016

I used this as a hub for a liveaboard on the GBR, and it was perfect. It's a converted apartment complex, so not the best place to meet others, but I just need a couple decent nights' sleep, and this delivered. Not too far from a Woolworths if you want to pick up some groceries and make some food in the kitchen. WiFi is spotty, especially at night, which can be quite frustrating. It's clean, though, and the rooms are the perfect temperature in the topics.

• England, Male, 18-24
28th Nov 2016

Hostel is wonderful, great common area to chill out in and the wifi is decent. Lovely staff and lovely hostel mates. Wish I could've stayed longer as I only stayed one night, but I was made to feel incredibly welcome.

• GeoffBaillie
  • England, Couple, 18-24
18th Nov 2016

Nice hostel with big single beds. 1 bed is always under the air conditioner though and it is freezing when you go to sleep. Lockers in rooms but bring own padlock. Not the most social hostel. Quite a few long termers. But overall a nice hostel in a good spot.

• England, Female, 25-30
17th Nov 2016

Loved it here. Wifi was fine in room. Lockers were huge and had a shelf and also plug in them which was so useful!! Staff very friendly and helpful. Close to town but far enough away to get a good nights sleep. Large bunk beds and super comfortable as well!! Highly recommended

• England, Female, 18-24
15th Nov 2016
6.6

This stay was ok - if you were in bamboo it's a lot better but when I checked in they moved me to their sister hotel down the road which wasn't social as all the locals were there and no guests and they tried really hard to sell me everything. I spent most of my time at bamboo which was a lot better - good staff, helpful travel desk not pushy and nice cafe and the area is social. Overall a good experience but wish I wasn't moved!

• Israel, Female, 18-24
9th Nov 2016

The location is great and this hostel is perfect if you want a good night sleep after partying. the staff was nice and the travel agent there was very helpful. love the ensuite and the free wifi, definitely a winner for me. I highly recommend this hostel :)

• England, Male, 31-40
6th Nov 2016
5.1

They relentlessly tried to make me pay the deposit I had paid to hostelworld again. When you pay a deposit to hostelworld that's supposed to be a % of the total cost of the room but they were saying that because that money goes to hostelworld I had to pay it again. I managed to not convince them so I did not have to pay it twice. But then when I treid to upgrade my room they said I couldn't unless I paid the hostelworld deposit again. They simply shouldn't advertise on hostelworld.

• Czech Republic, All Female Group, 25-30
6th Nov 2016

The hostel has a perfect location, rooms are big with very comfortable beds, staff is helpful and friendly. In general the common area with the deck, kitchen and pool are very nice. There were only two things which were not that great: firstly, the security card for opening the door to my room was not working that great and many times I was not able to enter which was kinda annoying. Secondly, though being on time for the free tour, the guy left without us, so make sure you get the right info!

• England, Female, 25-30
5th Nov 2016

The best place to stay in Cairns, hands down. And they do free trips out for the day and a free BBQ on a Sunday... Amazing!

• Mexico, Female, 31-40
28th Oct 2016

Perfect location and very big rooms. Walking distance to main city, harbour and entertainment but without the noise! 1 block away from Gilligans which is great to party! Great spacious rooms with ensuite, fridge and mini kitchen! I would definitely stay there again!