The Northern Greenhouse Reviews

117 Grafton Street, Cairns, Australia

First night 90&humid &A/C broken. Staff aware- still barely worked throughout week. Free cereal in morning great. Large groups of school kids throughout the week, completely crowded the place & noisy at all hours. Free wifi great in lounge. One bathroom for 6 girls- no other showers- a bit problematic. Clean facilities. Secure lockers w power ports in room & great storage. Fridge & cabinets ensuite. Walked through rain to use a pay phone- staff wouldn't let me use theirs to verify local booking

There are cheaper places to stay if you just have a quick stopover in cairns, the price is worth it if you will stay a while and use all of the facilities though.

This hostel was great. Although I was not aloud to check in till 11am which was a pain when I got there at 8am. Free wifi is good if you're in the communal areas but useless if you're in your room. The atmosphere was no existent but it is perfect if you want to just relax. Free breakfast was a win! Nice and clean with cleaners in everyday and friendly and helpful staff. Movie night was a good bonus too.

The best Hostel I had during my stay in Australia. I definitely recommend it to all. The rooms were clean also the bathrooms. There were lockers and an aircon in the room and you had a lot of space. I stayed there for 7 Days and it was perfect.

never seen before: power plugs in thw (huge) lockers! free wifi. nothing to complain, it is one of the best. but because is it a big one, it is a bit anonymus, almost like a hotel.

I would never consider cooking in the kitchen - horrible. But the room was ok, beds very comfortable and nice to have your own bathroom (though lots of mold). Two out of the staff was very nice, the rest of them not at all helpful and actually quite rude. We checked in to our room 3.5 hours after check-in available and found our beds without sheets/with dirty sheets, and got a rude tone back "well, the cleaning lady will take care of that later". Should have been done before we checked in...

The wifi is not applicable in most of time not just in peak hours.

• 2nd Dec 2014