The Nunnery Reviews

116 Nicholson Street, Fitzroy 30065, Melbourne, Australia

Will definitely be staying at the Nunnery every time I go to Melbourne. An incredible hidden gem of a hostel

• 22nd Aug 2014

Great Hostel. Charming, clean, good staff and nice people there. Highly recommend it!

I loved my time at the nunnery! It's a great building that brings out a great atmosphere. I was recommended the nunnery and I will too recommend it to friends. Fantastic!

• 16th Aug 2014

Amazing free breakfast, cozy lounge room (with Xbox!) but could do with free wifi.

Good hostel in a nice building very close to Fitzroy. There is a tram to Melbourne CBD in front of the hostel (anyway it's a 10/15 minutes walk). Nice and friendly staff and clean facilities. Wifi is not free but affordable (5$/day, 10$/3 days, 15$/week).

• 4th Aug 2014

Great atmosphere and really relaxed vibe. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The fresh baked bread for breakfast, free soup night, and free sausage sizzle night were nice touches that make this hostel stand out a bit. Very clean as well!

Fantastic place to stay.Right on the tram line into the city. Lovely staff had turned the heater on in our room so it was nice and cosy to come back to after a chilly Melbourne winters day. Room had a small fridge and a tv. Bed was comfy and we were very pleased with our night here.

I am from Melbourne, but have stayed here a couple of times as its cheaper than getting a $100 cab home on Saturday at 2am. Its a top hostel, it has the best building and atmosphere of any hostel I've stayed compared to 50 or so that I've stayed at in Europe, friendly staff too.

not what I expected at all and the music was too load and it was noisy and I did not feel welcome in the kitchen when I was making my own food.

• 24th Jul 2014

Great spot to stay in Fitzroy. The rooms were very nice (super high ceilings!) as well as clean. Staff were very friendly and helpful too!

Fantastic place to stay. Very clean, friendly and near to Brunswick street. Easy to get to from cbd

• 19th Jul 2014

This is absolutely a fantastic hostel! The staff are friendly and always ready to help you with whatever you need help or advise for. They made my first weeks in Melbourne awesome! The hostel is clean and has a nice living room where you always can find people hanging around. THE NUNNERY IS SIMPLY THE BEST HOSTEL IN MELBOURNE ! :-)

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Fantastic location - in the middle of Carlton (so near good shopping and lots of cafes), directly in front of the tram 96 line which takes you into the city and all the way through to St Kilda (jncl Luna Park!!!). Beautiful Victorian building with a fantastic vibe and clean facilities - the kitchen was pretty small, admittedly. Staff were cool, friendly and easy going. Happy to store bags if need be. STAY THERE!!!!

• 13th Jul 2014

Very poor facilities. The kitchen was small, often in a mess and in adequately supplied (there were never any clean cups). The bathrooms were few for the number of people using them and were shared male and female, and very tiny. There was no space to put anything or get changed properly. Wifi was extra charge.

Staff are very helpful, a charming old worlde feel, great facilities a range of accommodation options. I recommend the guest house which is next door to the hostel, where there are individual rooms, ckean and well appointed, lovely gas fires in each room to keep you cosy.

Great atmosphere.....very helpful staff.... quiet location fantastic...loved it....... thanks guys

• 10th Jul 2014

I stayed there 2 1/2 months ago, have had some great hostels since then. But when I went back at the end of my trip, I realized it was Still my favorite. Such a great atmosphere, it's hard to leave. Perfect both for people visiting and long-termers.

Good location and helpful staff. Very nice breakfast.

Really liked the quirky style and character of this place. We stayed in a double room and it was very romantic and cosy. The free pancakes on Sunday were a lovely touch too.

• 19th Jun 2014

Awesome, friendly and helpful staff. Free soup on Wednesdays is super tasty and the free breakfast includes really nice fresh bread. Lots of nice areas to lounge around in the evenings. Only drawbacks would be that the kitchen is a bit small (but well-equipped) and you have to pay for Global Gossip wifi. Otherwise, thumbs up!

• 16th Jun 2014