The Nunnery Reviews

116 Nicholson Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne, Australia

Try to get a place in the guest house.

I thought it was rather expensive: two people sharing a tiny room with bunk beds. We did appreciate the TV. The kitchen facilities were good and the breakfast was nice. They could do with some new bathmats!

• 23rd Jan 2015

Nice house to stay, a little out the city center. As a female traveler i would next time choose a place more in the center but the place itself is very nice. Very friendly staff!!!

The dorm was really dirty. In all other hostels I have stayed at so far the floor got cleaned once a day and so did the bathroom. I have spent five nights at the Nunnery's and that hasn't happened once. It was dirty when I had arrived and even more disgusting when I left.

I had a super time here. Everything was great - other guests, rooms, location, bathroom, communal areas, atmosphere. The only hostel I stayed in in 5 weeks to offer a free towel and breakfast. Staff really friendly and helpful. Everywhere was nice a spacious. Only down sides were the bed were a bit creeky and the kitchen was too small.

Really nice hostel, great vibe, big and clean. Arrived on a great day free breakfast and free BBQ dinner.

Still a nice hostel. Tried their guesthouse the second night. Very swanky and a bit more quiet. Could use a timer or a sign, so people don't spend half hours in the bathroom/toilets. Or a toilet without a shower. And still needs better aircon than a ceiling fan and open windows.

Easy enough to get to just a little out of the CBD but close to plenty of other shops, bars, etc. in Brunswick. Nice hostel all round to stay in.

Always something happening here, everyone really friendly, staff absolutely lovely and a nice, relaxed atmosphere. I got upgraded to the guesthouse which was beautiful, I didn't want to leave! The hostel itself is pretty nice too, though. The only thing that did let it down for me is the kitchen being tiny considering the size of the place, but there's so many cheap places to eat nearby it didn't seem worth cooking anyway :)

Clean hostel, adequate amount of bathrooms, good breakfast. great location, friendly staff

The daily free basic breakfast and the weekly free BBQ and free pancakes were really nice. Bathrooms, showers and rooms were absolutely fine. The only thing that could be better is the internet policy. I don't really mind to pay for internet access in the end but you pay for x hours access and the timer does not stop when you log off.

This place is phenomenal - the desk staff is always available, theres free breakfast every morning, a weekly free breakfast, its clean, and the location is absolutely unbeatable - right next to the Melbourne Museum and the Carlton gardens - beautiful.

As a group of seven we were given a free room upgrade and impeccable customer service throughout our whole stay! The free extras (like barbecues and pancakes) were fantastic. The only fault was that the shower in our bathroom had very low pressure but it was a quick jaunt upstairs to find a reasonable shower. I would (and have) recommend this hostel to anyone looking for budget accommodation in Melbourne.

• 2nd Jan 2015

After 6 month in Australia, I have stayed at quite a few hostels and I can honestly say that The Nunnery is by far one of the very best! The atmosphere and the place is super cosy and with lots of personality. The rooms are clean, have lots of power plugs and are cosy as well, and the beds a good. The courtyard and outdoor area is small yet well decorated and really nice. And great free breakfast! Small kitchen though. Defiantly value for the money!

Really well located, close the Melbourne CBD and Fitzroy. The only problem is that there are a lot of people living there and they don't socialize with others, so if you're travelling alone or want to know another people, this is not the best place (also staff is not very friendly). But the acommodation is good and breakfast is ok.

I enjoyed my stay at The Nunnery, the staff were courteous and professional, albeit quite busy every time I went to speak with them (not their fault, of course, it was around Christmastime and everything is hectic). A couple of things were a wee bit inconvenient for me: 1) the kitchen is closed from 22:00-07:30, I'm an early riser & budget traveller and like to start my day with my coffee and brekkie before the kitchen gets crowded, and 2) no free wifi. Otherwise a fantastic place to stay.

The receptionists were all extremely helpful and friendly. Common rooms are nicely set up, you can easily meet people. One of the best hostel I have ever stayed in!

Excellent location just a tram away from city centre. Got free upgrade to guest house which was a pleasant surprise. Very clean toilets, free breakfast and light snacks to help ourselves too. Quirky "nunnery" style reminders were great. Nice deco in hostel. More than value for money for what i paid.

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Singapore

Really nice building/interior. Free breakfast, but kitchen a bit small. Friendly and helpful staff. I got the upper bunk in a three man room with a fan right over the ladder. Might want to move one or the other. They put me in another room tho so no headaches or decapitations. No aircon alas cept the ceiling fans. I would happilyvstay there again though. :-)

Loved it! Great location in Fitzroy, Victorian building with authentic furniture, nice outdoor areas, free breakfast with rolls, great bathrooms (one with whirl pool), but more bathrooms would be good

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4