The Nunnery Reviews

116 Nicholson Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne, Australia

Awesome, friendly and helpful staff. Free soup on Wednesdays is super tasty and the free breakfast includes really nice fresh bread. Lots of nice areas to lounge around in the evenings. Only drawbacks would be that the kitchen is a bit small (but well-equipped) and you have to pay for Global Gossip wifi. Otherwise, thumbs up!

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Wales

We were very impressed with the atmosphere and character of the Nunnery. Breakfast was ample with yummy fresh bread rolls and condiments. Utensils and facilities were sufficient for most needs. With only two shared bathrooms for multiple rooms good timing was of the essence but facilities are spacious and clean. I would highly recommend the Nunnery to anyone visiting Melbourne who is looking for a cheap, central and friendly lodging close to great cafes, places of interest and transport.

• 13th Jun 2014

Best hostel so far!

One of the best hostels that I know so far. Nice staff, no free wifi but still cheap and very fast and always something going on in the evening. I will be back!

It is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The best. Amazing staff. Nicholas is the best.

• 5th Jun 2014
  • India

On our second night here we discovered there were bedbugs in our room. The staff were accommodating and moved us to the guest house for no extra charge. I ended up with quite a few bed bug bites and it wasn't a pleasant start to our trip. If you're going to stay here, I recommend staying in the much nicer guest house and not the main building. The main building is very noisy at all times of day (walls are very thin) and there are only 2 or 3 toilets per floor and not very private showers.

Love all the hints and tips of places to go that's great and the communal area's are all so great so if you are sick of getting out and about then it provides the perfect place to snuggle down and recuperate. Cudos to the staff so friendly and helpful!

• 24th May 2014

Was a nice stay at the nunnery, loved the pancake breakfest, nice and clean. Good value for money.

The Nunnery is exactly what I want in a hostel, a stunning building, cheap, great staff and stumbling distance from the cbd (but far enough to escape the wasters). Second visit and won't be the last.

• 23rd May 2014

I have been staying here for a few nights now and I must say I have had a fantastic time ! Everyone here is extremely friendly and welcoming and always up for a good time .The rooms are spacious and very clean and out of all the hostels I have stayed in in Melbourne the beds here are the most comfortable .The kitchen and courtyard is used for drinking games and communal dinners where the large warm living room is set for relaxation .Best of both .highly recommended for all ages and personalities

• 18th May 2014

Great stay

• 16th May 2014

Great atmosphere, good location right next to Brunswick road where you'll find lots of places to eat, drink and shop and you'll get into the CBD pretty quick as well. Also liked the spacious common area and free breakfast. Unfortunately no secure lockers in the rooms.

• 11th May 2014
  • Austria

I absolutely loved my stay at the nunnery. An amazing staff and a great group of people...plus weekly activities that help you get to know the other residents. I would highly recommend it to anyone traveling through Melbourne.

• 5th May 2014

I love the nunnery!

Lovely old house with character and many bathrooms. They are as clean as can be expected without constant cleaning, and the staff were lovely. Loads of travellers and socialising

1 2 3 Next » last »