8.7
Fabulous 572 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 572 Total Reviews
The Old Countryhouse Located at 437 Gloucester Street, , Christchurch.
New Zealand
Christchurch 437 Gloucester Street
87% 572
-43.5296646 172.6567983
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 25-30
16th Aug 2016
7.7

Just here for one night before catching an early morning flight. Veronique, on reception, was helpful in arranging a shuttle bus pick-up to the airport.

• England, Male, 25-30
24th Jul 2016

OCH was a great hostel for us, we used a private room. The staff were lovely and it had great facilities. We enjoyed it so much that we stayed there twice as we toured the South Island. My only recommendation would be for them to either have an extension cable in the rooms or have more plug sockets. I say this as trying to coordinate with my partner as to what to charge was a little annoying as we had only one plug socket.

14th Jul 2016

I absolutely love this place. It was lovely, clean, and cozy. The staff were lovely, the facilities were immaculate. I will make a point to return before I leave Christchurch!!

Hi there, Thankyou for your review. We are glad to hear you had a great time with us and used all of our great facilities. Enjoy the rest of your travels, we look forward to welcomming you back here! Best Wishes The Old Coutryhouse team

• England, Female, 18-24
13th May 2016

One night stay turned into four nights at this lovely hostel! The staff are awesome, super friendly and make you feel at home straight away. The place is spotless and the showers are way above your normal hostel standard. A chilled vibe and with free wifi it's a good place to make travel plans! It's a little walk from the 'city centre' but being out all day you know you are coming back to a warm, cosy hostel :D Best place in Chch! Don't even think twice, book now!

Hi there, Thankyou for reviewing our hostel, it is great to hear you enjoyed your time with us and took some time to have a chat with our team. We have a high level of housekeeping hear and it is great to hear this helped to make your stay more comfortable. We look forward to welcomming you back here in the future. Kind Regards The Old Countryhouse team

• Australia, Male, 41+
10th May 2016

I enjoyed my stay at the Old Countryhouse. The staff were friendly and helpful, beds were comfy and facilities were good.

Hi there, Thankyou for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and had a chat to our friendly reception team. We hope this helped to make your time in Christchurch a relaxing one! Best Wishes, OCH Team.

• England, All Female Group, 25-30
31st Mar 2016

We stayed for 1 night in a double room with own bathroom. The room and facilities were good. There is a nice terrace and garden. The location is good, small shops nearby and close enough to walk into Christchurch but there is a bus nearby too. The staff were very helpful. The only point for improvement given this was one of the higher priced hostels we stayed in was that was the towels provided smelt musty as if they had been either not washed hot enough or stored damp.

Hello, Thankyou for your taking the time to review our hostel. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and made use of all our facilities. We hope that you had a great time in Christchurch, and that we will see you here again in the future! Kind Regards, OCH Team.

• claudia_wollmann1821
  • Germany, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
30th Mar 2016

Nice little place to chill for a few days. Four blocks from the greyhound stop and 2 blocks from whoolies. Very calm and relaxing atmosphere. I really enjoyed my stay here.

Hi there, Thankyou for your feedback of our hostel. We are please you enjoyed the atmosphere and location of our hostel. We hope that we helped to make your experience of Christchurch a great one! Kind Regards, OCH Team.

30th Mar 2016
8.0

I only got to stay less than 24 hours so I didn't get the full experience - would have loved to have tried the spa and sauna! Unfortunately I arrived after hours so I couldn't get the staff to change my sheets and bedding which were dirty. The beds were comfortable despite the stained sheets. Warning - the hostel is a 25 minute walk from the inter city bus station and is not really near anything. Seems like a nice place with charm and character but I'd rather be closer to town.

Hi there, Thankyou for your feedback on our hostel. Although your time with us was short we are glad you enjoyed the character of our hostel. It is disappointing to hear that your bedding was not up to the standard we expect. We change and wash all of our used bedding, daily, and have a high expectation for our Hostel's cleanliness. However we will definitely talk to our team, and put methods in place to ensure no bed or bedroom is left unchecked, or uncleaned. Best Wishes, OCH Team.

• jolie_lawrence2207
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
16th Mar 2016

Lovely hostel a by out of town in the suburbs. Friendly staff. Multiple good communal kitchens. I stayed in a double room with ensuite which was lovely and spacious. Very secure with electronic keys.

Hi there, Thankyou for your review of our hostel. We are glad you enjoyed staying with us and using all of our facilities. We hope your stay with us was a memorable one, and that we might see you again when you return to Christchurch. Best Wishes, OCH Team.