Superb 605 Total Reviews
Superb 605 Total Reviews
The Old Countryhouse Located at 437 Gloucester Street, , Christchurch.
New Zealand
Christchurch 437 Gloucester Street
91% 605
-43.5296646 172.6567983
    Rooms available

• USA, Male, 18-24
20th Jan 2017

An excellent first hostel experience. The only complaint was it wasn't right in Christchurch CBD. The walk was nice after a long plane flight though. Staff were super friendly and helpful and atmosphere was very welcoming

11th Jan 2017

The staff were very friendly & helpful & the venue was wonderful with old rustic buildings. It was very peaceful and only a 20 minute walk from Christchurch. I had informed the hostel my friend & I would be arriving late & received an email saying payment must be made by 10am next day. We arrived on time & I was told full payment had been taken directly from my account. I was not happy about this as I had not been told this would happen & also had not given permission. It messed up finances.

• Portugal, Male, 25-30
6th Jan 2017

The staff are amazing, I had some problems over there and they tried to help me the best way they could. I recommend this place to everyone that is travelling in New Zealand and are planing to stop in Christchurch. The rooms are nice, and the kitchen and bathrooms clean.

6th Jan 2017
7.7

There were some really loud guests up for most of the night and it's a 25 min walk to town. The staff was great and the hostel was kept very clean and nice.

• Belgium, Male, 25-30
27th Dec 2016
8.0

Checked in late and left early the next day... staff was very prompt to answer me by email to arrange my late check-in. the hostel's great, wifi is good but the shower I had to use had no light and the debit was almost non-existant.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
4th Dec 2016

Loved our stay here! Its a fair way out of the city (lucky we had a car), but other than that the place is perfect. Love the free wifi! Large comfy rooms. Super happy with our stay here!

• England, Male, 18-24
30th Nov 2016

Only stayed one night but everything was great, the staff were friendly, a lot of backpackers who again were all great. Facilities awesome, everything clean, free wifi, they also have a jacuzzi and sauna you can use. Drinkings aloud. Location was about 15 mins walk from the city centre. All around good.

• USA, Female, 18-24
12th Nov 2016

Absolutely loved it!! It was a homey, comfortable, realizing place to stay with the kindest staff! And they have a hot tub!

Hi there, Thankyou for your review, we are glad that you enjoyed your time with us, and it is great that you stopped by to have a chat to our team! Safe Travels! OCH team

11th Nov 2016

Wonderful hostel! Great facilities, clean, and friendly staff. The spa pool and sauna are also quite nice! It's a bit of a walk to most of the worthwhile attractions (on my list at least) and there are only two showers and toilets between 4 or 5 rooms, but it's not a big deal. Good kitchen, great atmosphere, and secure. Highly recommended!

Hi there, Thanks for your feedback, it is good to hear you enjoyed all of our facilities and had an enjoyable time with us. Kind Regards OCH team

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
9th Nov 2016

Great hostel with friendly staff. Clean and cozy. Nice dog too!

Hello, Thanks for your review of our hostel, it is great to hear you enjoyed your time with us and Max (the dog) enjoyed your company! Best Wishes OCH team