The Old Swan Barracks Reviews

6 Francis St, Northbridge, Perth, Australia

I didn't like the terrible smell in the room and I was freezing whole the night.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

Hostel was great fun. You meet so many people and everyone is sound! I'd recommend it!

• 22nd Jul 2014

I didnt really like this place. I was tired when I arrived and didn't feel very welcomed. The rooms are big and its just by the museums.

The hostel also takes on workers staying for the long term. Great staff and right in the middle of it all. Good place if you're in Perth,

The hostel location is great and they have parking which is a bonus. The reception was very accommodating. The only downside is the fact that we were given a key to the room and it would take us over 5 minutes to get the door open, after going to reception though they provided us with a better key. The bar area is huge and they seem to have awesome deals on food which is always a bonus.

• 12th Jun 2014

Lack of cleanliness in kitchens due to guests not staff. Staff very helpful. Location right in centre of Perth.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

Could use cleaning of carpets. More bathrooms. More electric outlets in public area/s.

• 24th May 2014

A big hostel, so hard to make friends. Good accomodations and nice staff. Perfect location near all restaurants bars and clubs

• 2nd May 2014

Not enough bathrooms and they are dirty. Great common area, good kitchens.

I liked the hostel,the place was clean and great location. However, I found the staff not to be helpful at all. At checking in, the guy did not explain where the toilets/showers were, where to go for the free breakfast, where the TV room was, anything. And when checking out, I met the rudest girl ever on reception. She knew I was in a rush to the airport and stood talking to her friends,made me run around getting sheets and made me put them away, rolling her eyes and grabbing my money.

Everything is old and sometimes brocken, e.g the chairs at the TVA Room,my bed. and the aircon in my room

• 14th Apr 2014

You get what you pay for which is an average hostel with good spacious rooms, good kitchen, great atmosphere. Unfortunately the showers are few and the pressure in them is baaad. Our room only had one fan so it was boiling! One of the guys in the room complained about bedbugs but i didn't see any...

many people stay there, a good place to meet friends! They only provide one hour free wifi, and require people to pay deposit for everything... maybe something bad happened before. Facilities are enough for all backpackers. Not bad and I may stay there again if I go back to perth someday

I'm still here! I always stay in swans when in Perth. It's right in the centre of northbridge so perfect for nightlife and city is just over the train station, clean, fun, friendly. No problems! Also has kool nights like pizza night, pool night, burger and chips for 3 dollars. Love this place! Ooo now free wifi for an hour aswell bonus!

I had a single room that had once been a corridor, connecting doors Not sound proof. Toilets showers not so clean and the kitchen with no pots and pans[ you get these from the front desk, and they look none too clean either] For what it is it is expensive, can do better than this at another place

Absolutely loved this hostel, planned to stay for 1 night- stayed a week. Can't believe we wasted our time in other hostels in Perth. Great free breakfast, ping pong, pool table, $3 burger and chips on Thursday, plenty of showers. All the staff were very welcoming. Well worth the money :-)

• 24th Feb 2014

Nice hostel. 1 hour of free WiFi per day. Unfortunately No milk for breakfast. Airconditioning a bit too cold and horrible mattress. Friendly staff. I recommend a stay!

• 22nd Feb 2014

Unfirndly staff, dirty as a rat hole, smelly dorms and no good facilities. I've been sleeping at a lot of hostels over the years but this takes the price. Had booked four nights but stayed just one, couln't stand the smell any more.

Nice staff, good location. Not much going on there though, a bit too quiet for me

Not that clean in the kitchens and food area. Not enough space for people to store their food. The front desk charge me in my own currency instead of aus$ with a lousy rate even though I asked them to use dollars.

• 31st Jan 2014