The Old Swan Barracks Reviews

6 Francis St, Northbridge, Perth, Australia

I never ever saw horrible place that this

The place was great.

• 17th Dec 2015

I think the old swan barracks is a very good hostel, the staff is very nice and I met alot of cool people there. Everything was okay, but sometimes the hyginiec wasnt very good, but I think it is hard to clean out everything. So all in all it was a very nice stay and I would go there again :)

• 16th Dec 2015

Such an amazing venue for a hostel, with so much room in the old barracks. Friendly staff and a good atmosphere. However, the hostel misses the mark in terms of food facilities. No plates or cutlery are provided and the kitchen is very out of the way. Open the door to the common room!

Nothing to be enjoyed. Probably ok when you are drunk. Small, smelly and hot dorm rooms with old bunk beds. Left one night earlier to go and a joy myself in a hotel.

• 14th Dec 2015

Good hang out area, very clean, nice staff. Roomdoor could have been locked, but people in my room never bothered, which was a bit annoying. You can get dishes (plate, bowl, fork, knife, spoon, cup) for a deposit, have to leave room key for a pan or pot. Met wonderful people and had a good time! Location is perfect, takes no time to get into town.

a bit run but good overall. WIFI is limited to one hour per night which sucks. The Library with free WiFi is just 5 mins away but still its annoying to walk there each day for internet

Common area very nice. Expensive bar

Thanks for your great rating! :) ... although i am confused about the comments about our bar - I am guessing your meant "inexpensive bar" .. as we would easily have one of the cheapest bars in perth. Our pints start from $6! Super cheap! :) We are glad you liked our hostel and hope to see you again.

Room was not made up when we arrived late in evening. staff were very good and handled situation well. Bathroom was not very clean. On the positive side, bed was very comfy, free bus just around the corner, helpful staff and a convenient location.

I my key in room and staff gave me another without confirming who I was. The hostel smells of teenage boy locker room. All the staff have been friendly and helpful

The location of this place was very good it was only a 7 to 10 minute walk to the port to take you to South Perth where the zoo is located. It's only a block or two blocks away from James Street where all the bars are. Definitely recommend it, although it is heavily populated by workers who work in the mines and in the oil rigs ,definitely worth the $20 that I spent for the night.

Too big vary noisy.

This was my first time staying in a hostel of this scale. I couldn't believe how many people there were! I stayed in a 6 bed dorm and from the moment I walked in I knew it wasn't the place for me. The others in the room has stuff strewn everywhere and one person had claimed two lockers. The beds were creaky and made noise all night long. It wasn't terrible but not a place I'd stay again.

My room was good but I could not sleep at all because it was way too noisy at the hostel. The door of the toilet was broken so you really needed to push it hard in. And because my room was right next to it I woke up every time someone does that. Also my key locker was broke, that was annoying. So I would wish for the future for that hostel to repair their doors and to get a quiet time. And also I was shocked when I saw the poor bird living in that dirty empty cage in the hallway all alone,cruel!

• 31st Oct 2015

Very friendly and sooo helpful stuff - thank you soooo much.

Thanks for your review. We hope to see you again soon. :)

My stay at The Old Swan Barrack was a good decision because I enjoyed it a lot .The staff are very friendly and the cleaning team does a very good job to keep the hostel tidy specially the bathroom. I stayed in a private room and it was very convenient.

• 2nd Oct 2015

Thanks for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. :)

Yellow stains on bed Hair in bed Bed sheets havent been changed for god knows how long Door not porperly lockable Dirty carpet Door to next door, could hear every breath

Thanks for reviewing us, although I am quite surprised by your comments. I hope you didn't climb into someone else's bed?.. We give guests fresh professionally laundered sheets on check in, so that you can make your own bed and be sure you have clean sheets. If you mentioned the door lock problem, our staff would have shown you the little button on the back of the door lock that needs to be moved to the lock position. Good luck with your travels. :)

Only here for one night. No real complaints. So big not much atmosphere but friendly staff and clean and a little walk to the heart of northbridge. Wifi only limited to 200mb a day.

Very nice place to stay we will definitely stay again thank you

• 9th Sep 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Thanks for reviewing us, We are glad you enjoyed your stay! :)

Hostel had a great bar area with ping pong and pool games. However, the hostel was quite empty maybe due to the season so the atmosphere wasn't that good but I can imagine it gets better during busy seasons. We had to move rooms due a incident happening in our room but staff put us into a different room for ourselves. Hostel is not far from the CBD, bus stops or train station. Hostel was cleaned everyday. We liked the Swanny a bird in a cage, located at the reception. The hostel had a iron.

Thanks for the review. We know the hostel has been a little quiet, so we hope you had a chance to relax. The atmosphere definitely picks up in the busy summer months, and the beautiful sunny weather is already happening. We hope you get a chance to come back! :)