The Old Swan Barracks Reviews

6 Francis St, Northbridge, Perth, Australia

Good location, clean room, helpful staff. Really don't have anything to complain about. Of course it was very noisy at night, being in Northbridge so I didn't get much sleep but I survived.

The Old Swan Barracks is a clean place with good staff and a very good location. There is absolutely no atmosphere, you need to give deposits for every single thing you need and the bathrooms are not convenient. The bedrooms are very basic and rather narrow for the average hostel but very clean and taken care of. I paid 30 dollars for a night in the weekdays and I think it was not worth it.

Although we were aware you were not allowed to bring alcohol in the hostels we had a bottle of vodka in our room. One of the reception staff came in the room, saw the vodka took it and poured it down the sink. When asked if we could have it back she was very rude and smug in telling us what she had done with it. Clean sheets provided but matress protecter not cleaned in months, bed bug bites all over my body :/

The communal areas were always busy with lots going on in the evening so the atmosphere was generally good. The rooms however were really quite dirty. Layers of dust along the skirting boards and edges of the carpet. The dorm door locked but was relatively loose so wouldn't be difficult to gain entry. The metal frames on each of the bunks in the dorm were damaged and some missing. Although I liked the atmosphere, I wouldn't choose to stay here again

• 27th Nov 2014

Unfortunately it was the worst hostel I stayed in during my stay in Australia (2 years). Messy and very dirty, especially the bathrooms. Friendly staff though.

Convenient to museum

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

This is ok but just ok. It's huge, feels like a uni halls of residence in the sense that the dorms are really tired and quite dirty, the communal bathrooms are pretty gross and the communal area needs a serious revamp but it's a great location

1 2 Next » last »