The Old Town Hostel Reviews

Piata Mica 26, Sibiu, Romania

It is a nice hostel, located right in the middle of Sibiu, on one of the many squares the town can boast of. We didn't stay in the hostel itself though but were accomodated in a studio located about 5 minutes away. I would definitely recommend booking the studio (we had asked for a double bedroom) for staying in Sibiu a couple of nights or more, which I strongly recommend doing. Sibiu is one of the nicest cities in Romania, beautiful and with lots of nice restaurants and cafés

Very good location, clean bed and facilities. staff are very apathetic, once somebody showed up to check me in, I paid, was shown my bed, and then I felt as if I was a nuisance. when I came back at night the staff working was too busy playing a fantasy card game on his laptop to look up at me. nobody was present when I checked out. door to the hostel and room is always open so security is not the best when staff not present.

Staff are great, locations excellent

When I read about the hostel I was in doubt if could be so good for such a low price. But don't this is as a lot of people say the best hostel that I stayed. I just would liked to spend more time since the staff was so friendly ans helpful.

The location is ideal in that it's so close to the old town; however, this makes for many loud nights as people eat and drink right outside the hostel's windows. On the plus side, the staff was really nice and accommodating. Overall, if I returned to Sibiu, I would probably stay elsewhere.

Excellent location and clean rooms, was quiet even tohough our room was facing the piata.

Very small common area, bathroom not that clean, staff almost ignore you, no lockers, very few electrical outlets. Great location though, nice view from the room.

Lovely room, very comfortable bed and nice kitchen area with good facilities.

The bathroom were always dirty and there was only 2 toilets for the entire hostel. The people working over there were not really useful. There is no room to socialise so you only sleep and eat and nothing else.

The streets in Sibiu were under construction making getting there by car and parking impossible. I stayed at another hostel by train station

• 19th Jun 2014

Good hostel especially since I was 1 of 3 people in 10 person dorm. Easy to find. Staff friendly but played videos or played on the computer each day, not interested in guests. 1 staff kept complaining he was tired & had to work. 1 toilet/shower for all the people in the 10 person dorm & I think the rest of the hostel. No lockers in the dorm. Kitchen small, no where to hang out, breakfast cost extra. Comfortable bed but wear earplugs as facing the square, above bars/restaurants.

WiFi worked in the kitchen, not in the dorm. Fully equipped kitchen. Only one toilet/shower. Nice view of the square from the room window.

All personnel very polite and willing to help you. Nice view over the window. Very cool rooms during hot days (+30 C). Overall very satisfied.

ONE MORE TOILET!

Beautiful hostel, with an unbeatable location on the Piata micâ. The dorm is spacious with view on the main place. Friendly staff also. A good adress

Great location with a beautiful view of Piata Mica. The hostel is excellent with staff and service. Only drawbacks are limited number of toilets/showers and a lounge/place for socialization other then the kitchen space. Though it was not a high tourist season, it can be really annoying when it's in full capacity.

Very good staff, very good services, super prize and amazing location!

lovely place.lovely location overlooking square.good deal on breakfast.you get a voucher for a place right across from hostel.5 lei I believe.No 24 hr reception however.most of time yes but someone NOT always there.overall id recommend!

Great location, very clean, kind staff, good breakfast in the bistro nearby. I'm very satisfied and would stay at this hostel again!