The Only Backpacker's Inn Reviews

968 Danforth Ave, Toronto, Canada

Warm and cozy hostel, nice breakfast, together with the bar creates a nice atmosphere.

• 17th Oct 2014

If you are looking for somewhere that is cool looking and has yummy breakfast then this is the place to go, if you are looking to get some sleep I would not recommend it. Beds are kinda uncomfortable, rooms are stuffy with no circulation, and they play loud music in the bar down stairs until 2am. That all being said, I would not stay there again, but the place is kind of neat..

Couldn't have been better

• 22nd Sep 2014

Overall I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. Although I only stayed for one night I got a great vibe as soon as I walked in. There is a fully fledged bar downstairs that is open to everyone and has a great atmosphere. You cant hear a thing from upstairs just as a pointer. The people were very welcoming and friendly and so were the staff. In one word...quirky. Good, fun hostel to be in.

Loved The Only! It's colorfully decorated, a block from the subway, and great for meeting people. Most people staying here have just moved to Toronto and getting settled, so if you want to meet other travelers to go see the sights, that may be hard. The common spaces encourage socializing and the kitchen is well-set for cooking--group dinners were great. Homemade waffles with fresh fruit and cream were aweome; served 9-11 (or 10:45 if the grouchy bartender is working). Would totally stay again!

is my second time in the only backer,and like the first time,i really had a good time,is very clean,the staff is happy to work there(you can feel in the air)so it make the place very confy and you don t want to leave,and great place to meet people,i will come back,see you soon.

The hostel is new and well project with all comforts. It's ideal for a weekend in Toronto, the metro is very close to the hostel and the breakfast is very good.

• 5th Sep 2014

A really nice hostel, good outside areas and pretty friendly. Only complaint is that the dorms are a bit cramped.

Had a great stay, good location, met nice people and the staff is very, very helpful.

• 23rd Aug 2014

We had a great stay and the breakfast was the best. I'm going to miis the waffles with blueberries

It's excellent! Everything was so perfect! I love staying this hostel. It was the best hostel I've ever stayed. Staff is very friendly and breakfast was delicious! The subway station is just 1min away from the hostel. The location was great! I would recommend it to anyone who is going to Toronto!! Also, the design of every room is soo nice and artistic and it's very clean!!!!

• 21st Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Be advised: the Hostel is above a bar that is open (and noisy) until about 2am.

• 18th Aug 2014

A very interesting hostel: it's a enterprise with hostel, bar, and a cafe. I have been to half a dozen hostels in toronto, and this is the best. Though it is not in downtown, you can take subway and get to downtown within 20 minutes. Great waffle breakfast.

Perfect!!! Absolutely in my top 3 of hostels i stayed in!. Nice location close to Subway, clean and excellent facilities and great bar with variety of beer and separate café with good coffee and lunch. The breakfast is 5 stars quality; a freshly baked waffle with cream and fresh fruits!! Delicious. The only thing in the only is the fact that the rooms are quiet small for 6 persons and u cant open a window..........but its a minor thing!

I absolutely loved visiting this interesting vibrant neighborhood. The convenience of public transportation made it perfect for me.

I liked this hostel although I thought communication could have been better between customers and staff. I contacted this hostel several times about booking and info regarding payment and .dates. Yet, I was never told cash only at any time that I called. If a friend had not helped with cash I would have had to leave a place that did not make their needs clear.

• 17th Aug 2014

As their system's not that good, I had to change the rooms 3 times. Otherwise it's very homely with bathrooms, kitchen, livingroom. Breakfast is good, the pancakes were great and I looved the coffee! It's in a quite area, but the subway's not far and the staff was so kind when I got stuck due to the sundaytimetable for the metro. Also they got livemusic every now and then. So make party or bring your earplugs!

The breakfast was amazing. The location wasn't so bad, the metro was next door. The room was very cramped and smelly but it was colourful everywhere and I had fun there.

Great hostel with a really cool vibe - met loads of awesome people there. Thanks!

Although everyone seems to focus on the free waffle breakfast (which is EXCELLENT by the way), the hostel can be accredited for much more than that. It is one of the prettiest hostels I have ever seen as the walls are painted in beautiful drawings and with vibrant colors! It has a large and nice terrace in the back and a cool bar downstairs. I would most definitely come back to this hostel! The location was not a problem for us at all.