The Only Backpacker's Inn Reviews

968 Danforth Ave, Toronto, Canada

I love your breakfast.

The restaurant and bar below was a plus. The free waffle breakfast was delicious. Staff was all kind and helpful. Parking was not very good. Was a few blocks away and had to pay for it. Not the hostel fault but still a bit of an inconvenience. Top deck area was nice had some broken chairs that should be replaced. Overall worth it and the city was great.

• 21st Jun 2015

waffle was so good !!

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Taiwan

Hostel staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Atmosphere in the hostel was great. Downstairs bar also ran by the hostel offered plenty different types of beer. Included breakfast was fantastic. Really not much else you can want from a hostel. Loved the place!

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Breakfast is amazing!! near the station!

Positive points: the best ever breakfast that I have eaten ever, Nice atmosphere including bar and coffee shop. Negative Points: I have never stayed in a noisy hostel like this one. Noise from the street including people who were hanging out, cars, bar and the door of my room. I was in a twin bed and unfortunately I was on the top and I could not use my mobile on my bed because there was no electric outlet. The bathroom was horrible and dirty.

One of the best well priced, free breakfasted and staffed hostels in the world!! Super highly recommended!!

Small, very close to a metro line. Good hostel feel to it, relaxed - although I think I was staying in the room that the employees where staying in so it was quite clustered in that tiny room.

The best breakfast I've ever had in a hostel.

The places is really nice. The atmosphere is perfect, the location is not near the center but very near of public transport so you can access to downtown very fast. The breakfast is awsome and the workers around are very friendly. Definitely, the best hostel to stay in Toronto.

The hostel is extremely noisy and has no policies in place to ensure that people keep noise down after a certain time. I was in the same room with 4 other people and there was no way anyone could have slept in that room. However the waffle breakfast was very nice, just dont stay here if you ever want to sleep.

• 30th May 2015
  • Vietnam

Despite a first positive impression, overall I would not recommend it. There is not a real reception in the hostel and whenever there is an issue it is unclear to whom one should ask. The breakfast is served only from 10 and no earlier, which is a bit annoying. They advertise a lot their breakfast in the hostel, but I think it is nothing special after all. Towels are not provided and need to be paid for. Also the kitchen and common areas looked quite messy.

• 29th May 2015

if you wany a hostelcthat is more of a home this is the place. the hostel offers pretty much a self managed home. i recommend this hostel to people who have already been to toronto and already know the city and how to get around. the hostel is fairly clean and Mei does q great job at cleaning the place every day! one down fall my mixed dorm meant me and 5 other guys i wish it was a little more mix than that.

Just stayed for a few days here and it was one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in! Staff were super friendly in the hostel and in the bars and cafés downstairs. The breakfast is amazing, there is a lovely atmosphere throughout the whole building. The only thing I can think would be an issue is the noise, however they do play good songs so go get a beer and join them! Thankyou for the trip!

it was overall a nice place. amazing breakfast and the pub is cool. The problem is not the music in the pub, the problem is the people that smokes and chat in front of the pub, In the room in the front where I stayed, one can hear everything they say. Probably you can ask people in the pub to not do that.

• 19th May 2015
  • Colombia

Cranped messy room , dirty enough place. Fairly far out from the centre. I switched to another place on College that was much nicer for the same price. It had a good cafe downstairs though

I have only good things to say about this hostel. It's extremely clean, comfortable & homely, with great common areas to hang out in. The waffle breakfast is possibly the best hostel breakfast I have ever had.

Very good hostel with super friendly And helpful staff! Awesome free breakfast and great atmosphere

The room I was staying in was extremely hot, and very cramped. The noise from the street didn't help much either. The hostel itself was clean, and the free breakfast was great, so other than the sleeping part I enjoyed my stay.

its really good. especially breakfast is wonderful. How can they make waffle with abundant fruits! but due to bars downstairs, pretty noisy during sleeping time and the bed has poor elasticity, so my sleeping is not well. But entirely service and facilities really good. I recommend powerfully!