The Only Backpacker's Inn Reviews

968 Danforth Ave, Toronto, Canada

If you're early-riser with a car, it would be useful to note that 1) there was a stand-up comedy going on next door until 11pm and the noise penetrated to my bed, and 2) there is no overnight parking anywhere in vicinity. We were willing to walk a mile or so but the entire neighborhood has permit-only restriction through the night.

It's really worth the price. Time for fun and time to rest are maximally enforced. The breakfast is good.

Great hostel in Toronto, i would definitely stay here again. Good atmosphere and the best hostel breakfast I have ever had. Thanks!

Just for the breakfast it would be worth it! But not only that the staff is very friendly :)

• 9th Jul 2015

Everything was perfect, unfortunantelly there wasn't availabity for more days there.

Missed my connecting flight so I didn't actually get a chance to stay here.

I love the hostel it was cheap to what you get in a City like Tornoto. The Rooms were too small but you get more then what you paid for. The breakfast was amazing.thanks

I love your breakfast.

A tiny bit out of the city, but a safe and friendly part of town. The laid back social atmosphere was the best part about this hostel & the lovely art work. A little strange checking in via the bar / cafe but staff were amazing, breakfast delicious and great food / drinks at the juice bar and cafe downstairs. Great common / patio area, always social!.

The restaurant and bar below was a plus. The free waffle breakfast was delicious. Staff was all kind and helpful. Parking was not very good. Was a few blocks away and had to pay for it. Not the hostel fault but still a bit of an inconvenience. Top deck area was nice had some broken chairs that should be replaced. Overall worth it and the city was great.

• 21st Jun 2015

waffle was so good !!

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Taiwan

Hostel staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Atmosphere in the hostel was great. Downstairs bar also ran by the hostel offered plenty different types of beer. Included breakfast was fantastic. Really not much else you can want from a hostel. Loved the place!

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Breakfast is amazing!! near the station!

Positive points: the best ever breakfast that I have eaten ever, Nice atmosphere including bar and coffee shop. Negative Points: I have never stayed in a noisy hostel like this one. Noise from the street including people who were hanging out, cars, bar and the door of my room. I was in a twin bed and unfortunately I was on the top and I could not use my mobile on my bed because there was no electric outlet. The bathroom was horrible and dirty.

One of the best well priced, free breakfasted and staffed hostels in the world!! Super highly recommended!!

Small, very close to a metro line. Good hostel feel to it, relaxed - although I think I was staying in the room that the employees where staying in so it was quite clustered in that tiny room.

The best breakfast I've ever had in a hostel.

The places is really nice. The atmosphere is perfect, the location is not near the center but very near of public transport so you can access to downtown very fast. The breakfast is awsome and the workers around are very friendly. Definitely, the best hostel to stay in Toronto.

The hostel is extremely noisy and has no policies in place to ensure that people keep noise down after a certain time. I was in the same room with 4 other people and there was no way anyone could have slept in that room. However the waffle breakfast was very nice, just dont stay here if you ever want to sleep.

• 30th May 2015
  • Vietnam

Despite a first positive impression, overall I would not recommend it. There is not a real reception in the hostel and whenever there is an issue it is unclear to whom one should ask. The breakfast is served only from 10 and no earlier, which is a bit annoying. They advertise a lot their breakfast in the hostel, but I think it is nothing special after all. Towels are not provided and need to be paid for. Also the kitchen and common areas looked quite messy.

• 29th May 2015