The Only Backpacker's Inn Reviews

968 Danforth Ave, Toronto, Canada

Great place to stay and very well priced for what you get. Kept very clean and the free breakfast in the morning is probably better than what you could get anywhere else in Toronto!

Very nice hostel to stay in! Directly above a coffee shop and bar. You have to check into the hostel in the coffee shop with one of the bartenders, which was fine but it was hard to get checked in while they were helping customers. Waited for a long time to be shown to my room and they never helped me so had to find it on my own. Only other drawback was that the loud music in the bar below is clearly audible in the dorm rooms and kept me awake late into the night. Did not sleep!

Brilliant plaće to stay. Loved every second of it.

A very interesting and different look from anywhere I have stayed in the past. Clean, fun, with great utilities and friendly, understanding staff. A very convenient location, being so close to the subway, and great security with the need for a key card to enter the main entrance and each dorm room. Although I did not go into the common areas, they are an amazing feature, including the porch, common room, and kitchen.

• 30th Oct 2014

Warm and cozy hostel, nice breakfast, together with the bar creates a nice atmosphere.

• 17th Oct 2014

If you are looking for somewhere that is cool looking and has yummy breakfast then this is the place to go, if you are looking to get some sleep I would not recommend it. Beds are kinda uncomfortable, rooms are stuffy with no circulation, and they play loud music in the bar down stairs until 2am. That all being said, I would not stay there again, but the place is kind of neat..

Couldn't have been better

• 22nd Sep 2014

Overall I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. Although I only stayed for one night I got a great vibe as soon as I walked in. There is a fully fledged bar downstairs that is open to everyone and has a great atmosphere. You cant hear a thing from upstairs just as a pointer. The people were very welcoming and friendly and so were the staff. In one word...quirky. Good, fun hostel to be in.

Loved The Only! It's colorfully decorated, a block from the subway, and great for meeting people. Most people staying here have just moved to Toronto and getting settled, so if you want to meet other travelers to go see the sights, that may be hard. The common spaces encourage socializing and the kitchen is well-set for cooking--group dinners were great. Homemade waffles with fresh fruit and cream were aweome; served 9-11 (or 10:45 if the grouchy bartender is working). Would totally stay again!

is my second time in the only backer,and like the first time,i really had a good time,is very clean,the staff is happy to work there(you can feel in the air)so it make the place very confy and you don t want to leave,and great place to meet people,i will come back,see you soon.

The hostel is new and well project with all comforts. It's ideal for a weekend in Toronto, the metro is very close to the hostel and the breakfast is very good.

• 5th Sep 2014

A really nice hostel, good outside areas and pretty friendly. Only complaint is that the dorms are a bit cramped.

Had a great stay, good location, met nice people and the staff is very, very helpful.

• 23rd Aug 2014

We had a great stay and the breakfast was the best. I'm going to miis the waffles with blueberries

It's excellent! Everything was so perfect! I love staying this hostel. It was the best hostel I've ever stayed. Staff is very friendly and breakfast was delicious! The subway station is just 1min away from the hostel. The location was great! I would recommend it to anyone who is going to Toronto!! Also, the design of every room is soo nice and artistic and it's very clean!!!!

• 21st Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Be advised: the Hostel is above a bar that is open (and noisy) until about 2am.

• 18th Aug 2014

A very interesting hostel: it's a enterprise with hostel, bar, and a cafe. I have been to half a dozen hostels in toronto, and this is the best. Though it is not in downtown, you can take subway and get to downtown within 20 minutes. Great waffle breakfast.

Perfect!!! Absolutely in my top 3 of hostels i stayed in!. Nice location close to Subway, clean and excellent facilities and great bar with variety of beer and separate café with good coffee and lunch. The breakfast is 5 stars quality; a freshly baked waffle with cream and fresh fruits!! Delicious. The only thing in the only is the fact that the rooms are quiet small for 6 persons and u cant open a window..........but its a minor thing!

I absolutely loved visiting this interesting vibrant neighborhood. The convenience of public transportation made it perfect for me.

I liked this hostel although I thought communication could have been better between customers and staff. I contacted this hostel several times about booking and info regarding payment and .dates. Yet, I was never told cash only at any time that I called. If a friend had not helped with cash I would have had to leave a place that did not make their needs clear.

• 17th Aug 2014