The Only Backpacker's Inn Reviews

968 Danforth Ave, Toronto, Canada

The hostel is new and well project with all comforts. It's ideal for a weekend in Toronto, the metro is very close to the hostel and the breakfast is very good.

• 5th Sep 2014

Had a great stay, good location, met nice people and the staff is very, very helpful.

• 23rd Aug 2014

We had a great stay and the breakfast was the best. I'm going to miis the waffles with blueberries

It's excellent! Everything was so perfect! I love staying this hostel. It was the best hostel I've ever stayed. Staff is very friendly and breakfast was delicious! The subway station is just 1min away from the hostel. The location was great! I would recommend it to anyone who is going to Toronto!! Also, the design of every room is soo nice and artistic and it's very clean!!!!

• 21st Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Be advised: the Hostel is above a bar that is open (and noisy) until about 2am.

• 18th Aug 2014

A very interesting hostel: it's a enterprise with hostel, bar, and a cafe. I have been to half a dozen hostels in toronto, and this is the best. Though it is not in downtown, you can take subway and get to downtown within 20 minutes. Great waffle breakfast.

Perfect!!! Absolutely in my top 3 of hostels i stayed in!. Nice location close to Subway, clean and excellent facilities and great bar with variety of beer and separate café with good coffee and lunch. The breakfast is 5 stars quality; a freshly baked waffle with cream and fresh fruits!! Delicious. The only thing in the only is the fact that the rooms are quiet small for 6 persons and u cant open a window..........but its a minor thing!

I absolutely loved visiting this interesting vibrant neighborhood. The convenience of public transportation made it perfect for me.

I liked this hostel although I thought communication could have been better between customers and staff. I contacted this hostel several times about booking and info regarding payment and .dates. Yet, I was never told cash only at any time that I called. If a friend had not helped with cash I would have had to leave a place that did not make their needs clear.

• 17th Aug 2014

As their system's not that good, I had to change the rooms 3 times. Otherwise it's very homely with bathrooms, kitchen, livingroom. Breakfast is good, the pancakes were great and I looved the coffee! It's in a quite area, but the subway's not far and the staff was so kind when I got stuck due to the sundaytimetable for the metro. Also they got livemusic every now and then. So make party or bring your earplugs!

The breakfast was amazing. The location wasn't so bad, the metro was next door. The room was very cramped and smelly but it was colourful everywhere and I had fun there.

Great hostel with a really cool vibe - met loads of awesome people there. Thanks!

Although everyone seems to focus on the free waffle breakfast (which is EXCELLENT by the way), the hostel can be accredited for much more than that. It is one of the prettiest hostels I have ever seen as the walls are painted in beautiful drawings and with vibrant colors! It has a large and nice terrace in the back and a cool bar downstairs. I would most definitely come back to this hostel! The location was not a problem for us at all.

Exceptional! Staff was very personable. Having the subway station for quick access to downtown around the corner was a great amenity. The nearby strip of restaurants also offered a diverse menu that was easy on the wallet. The layout was neat, brilliantly colored, eclectically decorated and cozy.

A huge treat with this hostel is that if you're not down for their already yummy waffle breakfast, you can opt for a pasty and espresso beverage (a free breakfast of a delicious wild berry muffin and a dirty chai?? Seriously?!!) The staff is super kind and nice; the bar seems chill and thoughtful.

Room was a little cramped but overall was a great stay, good atmosphere and good people.

Great breakfast! Friendly staff although not all of them. Right next to the subway so you can get around easily. Suprisingly peaceful for a hostel above a bar. There was loud music but with earplugs it wasn't such a big problem. Dorms are clean and have air conditioning. They can get you a nice niagara falls tour with a discount. An annoying thing was that they only have 2 washrooms.

I went here last year and came back with a group this year. I always feel completely safe and the location can't be beat. Right next to the subway and in a neat area that's not over crowded. The staff and atmosphere are all you could hope for and more. They are friendly and keep the place beyond clean. The price is always right and the breakfast is honestly what I look forward to most when I visit. I will be returning next year and encourage anyone to make it a point to visit The Only!

• 27th Jun 2014

I always stay here when I am in Toronto. It's in Greek town so there's amazing food around, it's close to a major transit station (Pape), the hostel itself is very cool, clean and safe. The downstairs is a bar/café that serves free breakfast for the hostel guests. 'nough said!

This place was by far the best place I have stayed in a LONG TIME. The staff went out of their way to make sure check-in and my stay went smoothly. The place is very secure, beds are comfortable, plus you are right upstairs from a bar. Will definitely stay here again during my next visit to Toronto and will recommend to friends. Plus, just the breakfast is worth the $20 a night. Best breakfast I've had at any hostel or hotel.

• 21st Jun 2014