The Only Backpacker's Inn Reviews

968 Danforth Ave, Toronto, Canada

The best breakfast I've ever had in a hostel.

The places is really nice. The atmosphere is perfect, the location is not near the center but very near of public transport so you can access to downtown very fast. The breakfast is awsome and the workers around are very friendly. Definitely, the best hostel to stay in Toronto.

The hostel is extremely noisy and has no policies in place to ensure that people keep noise down after a certain time. I was in the same room with 4 other people and there was no way anyone could have slept in that room. However the waffle breakfast was very nice, just dont stay here if you ever want to sleep.

Despite a first positive impression, overall I would not recommend it. There is not a real reception in the hostel and whenever there is an issue it is unclear to whom one should ask. The breakfast is served only from 10 and no earlier, which is a bit annoying. They advertise a lot their breakfast in the hostel, but I think it is nothing special after all. Towels are not provided and need to be paid for. Also the kitchen and common areas looked quite messy.

• 29th May 2015

if you wany a hostelcthat is more of a home this is the place. the hostel offers pretty much a self managed home. i recommend this hostel to people who have already been to toronto and already know the city and how to get around. the hostel is fairly clean and Mei does q great job at cleaning the place every day! one down fall my mixed dorm meant me and 5 other guys i wish it was a little more mix than that.

Just stayed for a few days here and it was one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in! Staff were super friendly in the hostel and in the bars and cafés downstairs. The breakfast is amazing, there is a lovely atmosphere throughout the whole building. The only thing I can think would be an issue is the noise, however they do play good songs so go get a beer and join them! Thankyou for the trip!

it was overall a nice place. amazing breakfast and the pub is cool. The problem is not the music in the pub, the problem is the people that smokes and chat in front of the pub, In the room in the front where I stayed, one can hear everything they say. Probably you can ask people in the pub to not do that.

• 19th May 2015
  • Colombia

Cranped messy room , dirty enough place. Fairly far out from the centre. I switched to another place on College that was much nicer for the same price. It had a good cafe downstairs though

I have only good things to say about this hostel. It's extremely clean, comfortable & homely, with great common areas to hang out in. The waffle breakfast is possibly the best hostel breakfast I have ever had.

Very good hostel with super friendly And helpful staff! Awesome free breakfast and great atmosphere

The room I was staying in was extremely hot, and very cramped. The noise from the street didn't help much either. The hostel itself was clean, and the free breakfast was great, so other than the sleeping part I enjoyed my stay.

its really good. especially breakfast is wonderful. How can they make waffle with abundant fruits! but due to bars downstairs, pretty noisy during sleeping time and the bed has poor elasticity, so my sleeping is not well. But entirely service and facilities really good. I recommend powerfully!

Pros: fantastic breakfast, great common areas including a back deck and BBQ, location on subway line near many shops n restaurants. Good vibe Cons: security weak in back door area requires manual locking. Not always locked. People can easily climb up onto deck and break in. Pub below can be noisy at night. Beds sag in middle can make for uncomfortable sleep. Kitchen needs more utensils. Area is sketchy at night. Subway station was recently robbed. Lockers are too small. Crowded rooms

Fantastic hostel and I didn't want to leave, the place had everything you needed and everyone is so friendly. It is also an ideal location as it is right next to the subway station. Wouldn't hesitate to go back!

• 1st May 2015

Great, fun place to stay.

• 19th Apr 2015

I really liked the hostel. It's conveniently located right next to the subway. Clean and has a great breakfast however I wouldn't stay here again because unfortunately there is a bar right below the rooms with loud music playing until 2am so if you want to sleep it's very noisy and difficult. If you are planning to stay up until 2 every night or can sleep through a lot of noise I'd recommend this place.

• 17th Apr 2015

Excellent staff,excellent breakfast,very cool looking hostel, realy enjoyed my stay here:)

This is a fantastic place! Easy to get to from the airport and very close to a metro station. It has an atmospheric bar/restaurant and a great free breakfast. I definitely recommend this hostel!

• 12th Apr 2015

Great hostel. Friendly Staff. Clean. Great people staying there. Right next to the Subway. Decent neighborhood. Cafe, Bar, and Juice Bar downstairs. Always people having a good time. Free waffle piled with fruit in the morning. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Great hostel, nice neighborhood, sociable. Some rooms are a little small but acceptable. Great patio out the back will be awesome in summer. Fantastic free waffle breakfast, best hostel breakfast I've ever had!