The Only Backpacker's Inn Reviews

968 Danforth Ave, Toronto, Canada

Thanks guys! I had a great time. Keep up the good work.

As their system's not that good, I had to change the rooms 3 times. Otherwise it's very homely with bathrooms, kitchen, livingroom. Breakfast is good, the pancakes were great and I looved the coffee! It's in a quite area, but the subway's not far and the staff was so kind when I got stuck due to the sundaytimetable for the metro. Also they got livemusic every now and then. So make party or bring your earplugs!

The breakfast was amazing. The location wasn't so bad, the metro was next door. The room was very cramped and smelly but it was colourful everywhere and I had fun there.

Great hostel with a really cool vibe - met loads of awesome people there. Thanks!

Although everyone seems to focus on the free waffle breakfast (which is EXCELLENT by the way), the hostel can be accredited for much more than that. It is one of the prettiest hostels I have ever seen as the walls are painted in beautiful drawings and with vibrant colors! It has a large and nice terrace in the back and a cool bar downstairs. I would most definitely come back to this hostel! The location was not a problem for us at all.

Exceptional! Staff was very personable. Having the subway station for quick access to downtown around the corner was a great amenity. The nearby strip of restaurants also offered a diverse menu that was easy on the wallet. The layout was neat, brilliantly colored, eclectically decorated and cozy.

A huge treat with this hostel is that if you're not down for their already yummy waffle breakfast, you can opt for a pasty and espresso beverage (a free breakfast of a delicious wild berry muffin and a dirty chai?? Seriously?!!) The staff is super kind and nice; the bar seems chill and thoughtful.

Room was a little cramped but overall was a great stay, good atmosphere and good people.

Great breakfast! Friendly staff although not all of them. Right next to the subway so you can get around easily. Suprisingly peaceful for a hostel above a bar. There was loud music but with earplugs it wasn't such a big problem. Dorms are clean and have air conditioning. They can get you a nice niagara falls tour with a discount. An annoying thing was that they only have 2 washrooms.

I went here last year and came back with a group this year. I always feel completely safe and the location can't be beat. Right next to the subway and in a neat area that's not over crowded. The staff and atmosphere are all you could hope for and more. They are friendly and keep the place beyond clean. The price is always right and the breakfast is honestly what I look forward to most when I visit. I will be returning next year and encourage anyone to make it a point to visit The Only!

• 27th Jun 2014

I always stay here when I am in Toronto. It's in Greek town so there's amazing food around, it's close to a major transit station (Pape), the hostel itself is very cool, clean and safe. The downstairs is a bar/café that serves free breakfast for the hostel guests. 'nough said!

This place was by far the best place I have stayed in a LONG TIME. The staff went out of their way to make sure check-in and my stay went smoothly. The place is very secure, beds are comfortable, plus you are right upstairs from a bar. Will definitely stay here again during my next visit to Toronto and will recommend to friends. Plus, just the breakfast is worth the $20 a night. Best breakfast I've had at any hostel or hotel.

• 21st Jun 2014