The Only Backpacker's Inn Reviews

968 Danforth Ave, Toronto, Canada

Great breakfast!

I wish breafast was earlier, 9-11 is a bit late for people wanting to start their day early, a simple cereal / fruits option for those who wanna eat around 7/8 would be great. Not best location but not too far either and a TTC metro station is 1min walk from the hostel.

This hostel is great I loved staying there

excellent! free breakfast waffles are very popular! very clean and friendly staff

Thank you so very much, I had a fantastic time!

I loved it here! I wish I could have stayed longer. It was super clean, amazing staff and the bar and coffee shop were awsome! I would love to go back.

• 7th Oct 2013

By far the best hostel I've ever stayed in. I've stayed in a 10-bed dorm room and everything during my stay was fantastic, the people were nice, the rooms / beds were comfortable, a locker was provided in the room, the breakfast was nice as well. There could maybe be more restrooms, but this is the only critic I have, everything else was just fantastic!

After a bad experience in a Hostel in Downtown, I decided to check this hostel and the breakfast which must be great as I read here. The Hostel is very clean and the atmosphere is more like a shared apartment then a hostel, because it's pretty small, maybe six rooms. The kitchen is very clean and the living room big, there's a cafe and a bar in in the ground floor and the rooms in the second floor, but I didn't hear any noises. Just the location isn't top, it's quite a long way to downtown.

Awesome waffle breakfast. Nice neighbourhood nearby (greek town).

Definitely a great hostel, with nothing you could complain about except the 10 beds dorm, which is too small for 20 people. You should better stay on the 6 beds one's ;)

The atmosphere is great, the bathrooms are really clean and the staff and pretty cool. Plus the breakfast is amazing ! Too bad it's far from downtown (20 min by subway or 1h30 walking ...) and the first night I didn't have space to put my bag somewhere closed to my bed ! So I put it on my bed as a pillow ... And the mattress was not good and the bed as well ... Without that it would have been perfect !

You can see a metro stop from the balcony, and it's above a cafe that also sells real ale/microbeers. What else do you need?! Huge kitchen space, nice social areas, comfortable dorms ... it's quite a way out from the city centre but it's quick and easy to get to by subway, plus the area it's in is good for food, drink, and local amenities.

I booked The Only Backpacker's Inn because all others hostels in Toronto were full.The hostel is very clean. Linen smells cleaness. On the other hand, is really far from downtown. Ok, the subway station is beside it, but it takes 25 min until there! The waffle is more beautiful than delicious - but it's free! Staff in the bar isn't helpful nor friendly. The room's door doesn't locked and the locker is small. After check out, you can't stay in the hostel, neither to wait for your bus/flight. Why?

The delicious waffle breakfast is the best breakfast any hostel in the world could serve you, and considering its included price in the roomrate, it's excellent value. The neighbourhood is vibrant and has an excellent range of multi cultural restaurants at good prices, and many other cheap places to eat out.Metro is close. Hostel is kept clean. The only thing I didn't like is that the dorm room has too many beds, making it too cramped to move around in.

This is a great hostel, while the location is out of the city centre, it is SO close to the subway that it's almost easier to get anywhere in the centre than when you are living there! The rooms are kind of cramped but the hostel has great character, great facilities (including laundry available on site!!) and an even better FREE waffle breakfast that it more than makes up for the size of the rooms. I would def go back here and def recommend it to anyone visiting Toronto!

It's really a good place to stay: clean, nice staff, great cafe (with very good cakes or waffles for breakfast and too many good beers!), atmosphere and location (so closed to TTC station) are very good as well. I recommend!

• 10th Sep 2013

This hostel isn't in the party district of Toronto but it does have a great bar and cafe underneath it, and a subway to downtown just around the corner. Super easy to get to the airport too. The hostel has a big kitchen and outdoor decking, and the bar downstairs has a great selection of beer, particularly local craft and Belgian. No complaints!

I enjoyed my stay in The Only very much, partly due to the friendly staff, good price, good location, friendly guests, the wonderful bar and cafe below but mainly...mainly it was the waffles. You've read mention of them before, but you get up, expecting a small, round waffle, maybe - if you're lucky - with cream, but what you get is something else entirely. You get a behemoth of a waffle, covered with fruit, whipped cream, maple syrup and pure happiness itself. I recommend this place.

good price , location close to train , long walk to centre of city if you are game to get the exercise , lockers , free internet in lounge room with big screen tv , friendly staff ,

This is a pretty neat place and awesome people. Loved the breakfast and how the staff goes above and beyond to help. It was easy to get everywhere from here because of the station being so close. Even though there is a bar downstairs, the music stopped by 11-11:30pm all nights I was there and it wasn't that loud. There's a ton of places to eat and shop right down the road.

• 1st Sep 2013