The Only Backpacker's Inn Reviews

968 Danforth Ave, Toronto, Canada

The waffle breakfast is just awesome. The atmosphere is really sweet, I let my iphone plugged the whole day beside my bed while I was out side, nobody touched it. They have this "free food" bank that is full of food people left there; there's enough stuff in it to cook a meal without buying anything. the owner is really sweet and patient, always there to help you if she can, really aware of her clients needs. I just don't get how they can offer such a good service for such a low price.

• 12th Aug 2013

Nice place, small and quaint. Too bad the place isn't soundproofed because you can hear the music from the bar in the dorm. Not bad though, and they do say they are on top of a bar.... regardless, i'd stay there again. Just bring earplugs.

• 11th Aug 2013
  • tany1013547

Overall exactly what you pay for and some. Beds were not the greatest but did the job perfectly for what we were looking for!

• 11th Aug 2013

Decent location near a subway stop along a funky street with lots of ethnic eateries. Stayed in two different rooms, two different nights..both rooms felt really cramped. I almost wish they took out one set of bunks per room then charged more for each bed to make space sufficient.They should add a mirror to each dorm and a towel hook in each bathroom. Beds due for new sheets. They're building a new extension, that might have better rooms. Slow paced check-in process, awesome waffle breakfast.

The only backpackers inn was great. located close to the subway, with local food places close by. the staff were friendly and helpful. the atmosphere is great. cant wait to come back and stay again.

• 10th Aug 2013

A great place to stay in Toronto, amazing value for money. Breakfasts are unreal. Train station about 20m away. Only thing to keep in mind is that it is above a bar and you can quite clearly hear the music downstairs, so if you plan on hitting the hay early bring some earplugs. Having said that I'd happily recommend it.

This place was so wonderful! The environment is so welcoming and the staff is so friendly and helpful, we felt like we were at home! Such a great place to meet fellow travelers. I would definitely come back anytime I'm in the Toronto area!!

• 5th Aug 2013

Excellent Place to Hop by if you happened to be in Toronto,,,Just go don't look Anywhere el,se, truly for backpackers

• 4th Aug 2013
  • India

The waffle breakfast along with the free coffee and tea anytime was a wonderful bonus.

• 2nd Aug 2013

Everything about this hostel was great. It was clean, the staff was great, the people were nice, and the location was ideal.

• 1st Aug 2013

The Best Hostel in Canada that I have been to. The only negative I would say is that the dorms are a little cramped. This is a great hostel for solo travelers. It has a laid back atmosphere. I gave it an excellent rating in all categories ie security, location, value for money etc.

The hostel was pretty far out of the city center, but was next to a subway stop. We bought day passes so we could ride unlimited for the days we were there. Longer stays this would have been expensive. The rooms were very small and the bathrooms were not very clean. They had a great included breakfast. It was a nice place to sleep, but I doubt I would stay again.

Best breakfast ever, those waffles are amazing!

• 26th Jul 2013
  • Spain

We had an awesome time! Wei Yi really made our experience great by being helpful and creating a good atmosphere at the hostel. The breakfast was good too. Definitely will be back again!

• 25th Jul 2013

Cons: Music plays throughout the night from the downstairs bar, doors that close from other rooms is loud at night and is continuous throughout the night, common room closes down at 11pm, and rooms are very small. Pros: free breakfast, coffee shop, bar, cleanliness of building, awesome atmosphere, friendly staff, feel very safe

Super atmosphäre im only. Gäste aus aller welt. sagenhaftes frühstück. Liegt zwar ein wenig abseits aber dafür direkt an einer ubahn station mit der man in wenigen minuten downtown ist. Nur zu empfehlen!

The hostel has a great feel and fantastic outdoor deck. There is a bar an great cafe downstairs and a wicked grocer 100m away.

Close to a subway station, lovely staff and an amazing breakfast - what more could you want?

Friendly clean atmospheric convenient local great deck.

• 19th Jul 2013

The dorm room was a little stuffy, but to be fair it was unusually hot in Toronto when I stayed. Extremely friendly and helpful staff, great atmosphere, and the hostel is literally right next to a subway station. Really enjoyed my stay!

• 18th Jul 2013