The Only Backpacker's Inn Reviews

968 Danforth Ave, Toronto, Canada

The waffle breakfast along with the free coffee and tea anytime was a wonderful bonus.

• 2nd Aug 2013

Everything about this hostel was great. It was clean, the staff was great, the people were nice, and the location was ideal.

• 1st Aug 2013

The Best Hostel in Canada that I have been to. The only negative I would say is that the dorms are a little cramped. This is a great hostel for solo travelers. It has a laid back atmosphere. I gave it an excellent rating in all categories ie security, location, value for money etc.

The hostel was pretty far out of the city center, but was next to a subway stop. We bought day passes so we could ride unlimited for the days we were there. Longer stays this would have been expensive. The rooms were very small and the bathrooms were not very clean. They had a great included breakfast. It was a nice place to sleep, but I doubt I would stay again.

Best breakfast ever, those waffles are amazing!

• 26th Jul 2013
  • Spain

We had an awesome time! Wei Yi really made our experience great by being helpful and creating a good atmosphere at the hostel. The breakfast was good too. Definitely will be back again!

• 25th Jul 2013

Cons: Music plays throughout the night from the downstairs bar, doors that close from other rooms is loud at night and is continuous throughout the night, common room closes down at 11pm, and rooms are very small. Pros: free breakfast, coffee shop, bar, cleanliness of building, awesome atmosphere, friendly staff, feel very safe

Super atmosphäre im only. Gäste aus aller welt. sagenhaftes frühstück. Liegt zwar ein wenig abseits aber dafür direkt an einer ubahn station mit der man in wenigen minuten downtown ist. Nur zu empfehlen!

The hostel has a great feel and fantastic outdoor deck. There is a bar an great cafe downstairs and a wicked grocer 100m away.

Close to a subway station, lovely staff and an amazing breakfast - what more could you want?

Friendly clean atmospheric convenient local great deck.

• 19th Jul 2013

The dorm room was a little stuffy, but to be fair it was unusually hot in Toronto when I stayed. Extremely friendly and helpful staff, great atmosphere, and the hostel is literally right next to a subway station. Really enjoyed my stay!

• 18th Jul 2013

This hostel has a great vibe, and is one of the best I have stayed in. Good restaurants nearby and next to a tube station/ subway, which was great. I'm not fussed about being near attractions, as long as I can get to them easily-I don't drive. Staff helpful- I could have fruit salad instead of waffles for breakfast- and place kept clean (of course, bathroom might be a little grubby if person before you doesn't clean after themselves.) Would've liked more info on tourist attractions. No elevator.

• 13th Jul 2013

Great Hostel, great people- you get a wonderful Waffle-Breakfast there, with fruit and everything, it's a very clean and wonderfully decorated place, with sufficient fridges in the kitchen and a bar which gives every guest two free drinks from time to time (experienced this once). But if you want to take a look at downtown or anything else, you usually have to take two subways, it's about a 15 minutes ride, but the subway station is right next to the hostel.

• 12th Jul 2013

Though we only stayed for one night, the hostel was accommodating with our late check-in, and the facilities were colorfully decorated and clean. The waffle breakfast was fantastic!

I've stayed in alot of Hostels and this is one of the best. Kitchen and Patio area is great. Very easy to meet new people. Only fault would be that no individual light for each bunk bed.

Really good hostel! Staff were all friendly. Best part was the social areas, spent a lot of time chatting with other travellers on the balcony. Bar and cafe below the hostel are open till 2ish, which is good. Even when we did want an early night they weren't too loud to keep us awake. Waffle breakfast is great! Highly recommended.

• 4th Jul 2013

Ok, I was always told Canadians are nice people.....but can I DOUBLE CLICK EXCELLENT FOR THE STAFF!!! Ok, let me calm down enough to say, this trip was my first in Canada and staying in a hostel. I was helped a great deal ahead of time by Constantine and then when I arrived I was warmly received and ALL of my questions, including how to use the TTC, were answered with patience and courtesy. I was able to eat a gluten free breakfast and keep my valuables safe in a locker. It was wonderful!

• 3rd Jul 2013

nice hostel, amazing breakfast offered. clean hostel a bit tight but it was well worth the money spent.

• 29th Jun 2013

I LOVED it here, loved the vibe and the staff and the people who were staying there with me. They had good advice to give and I instantly felt at ease. Having the cafe and bar downstairs was convenient and the prices didn't seem TOO horrible, but the fully stocked kitchen with a small grocery down the street made it easy to save some money on food if you wanted. It isn't super close to the things I wanted, but maybe there is other stuff in the area that I didn't have time to explore.