The Only Backpacker's Inn Reviews

968 Danforth Ave, Toronto, Canada

Close to a subway station, lovely staff and an amazing breakfast - what more could you want?

Friendly clean atmospheric convenient local great deck.

• 19th Jul 2013

The dorm room was a little stuffy, but to be fair it was unusually hot in Toronto when I stayed. Extremely friendly and helpful staff, great atmosphere, and the hostel is literally right next to a subway station. Really enjoyed my stay!

• 18th Jul 2013

This hostel has a great vibe, and is one of the best I have stayed in. Good restaurants nearby and next to a tube station/ subway, which was great. I'm not fussed about being near attractions, as long as I can get to them easily-I don't drive. Staff helpful- I could have fruit salad instead of waffles for breakfast- and place kept clean (of course, bathroom might be a little grubby if person before you doesn't clean after themselves.) Would've liked more info on tourist attractions. No elevator.

• 13th Jul 2013

Great Hostel, great people- you get a wonderful Waffle-Breakfast there, with fruit and everything, it's a very clean and wonderfully decorated place, with sufficient fridges in the kitchen and a bar which gives every guest two free drinks from time to time (experienced this once). But if you want to take a look at downtown or anything else, you usually have to take two subways, it's about a 15 minutes ride, but the subway station is right next to the hostel.

• 12th Jul 2013

Though we only stayed for one night, the hostel was accommodating with our late check-in, and the facilities were colorfully decorated and clean. The waffle breakfast was fantastic!

I've stayed in alot of Hostels and this is one of the best. Kitchen and Patio area is great. Very easy to meet new people. Only fault would be that no individual light for each bunk bed.

Really good hostel! Staff were all friendly. Best part was the social areas, spent a lot of time chatting with other travellers on the balcony. Bar and cafe below the hostel are open till 2ish, which is good. Even when we did want an early night they weren't too loud to keep us awake. Waffle breakfast is great! Highly recommended.

• 4th Jul 2013

Ok, I was always told Canadians are nice people.....but can I DOUBLE CLICK EXCELLENT FOR THE STAFF!!! Ok, let me calm down enough to say, this trip was my first in Canada and staying in a hostel. I was helped a great deal ahead of time by Constantine and then when I arrived I was warmly received and ALL of my questions, including how to use the TTC, were answered with patience and courtesy. I was able to eat a gluten free breakfast and keep my valuables safe in a locker. It was wonderful!

• 3rd Jul 2013

nice hostel, amazing breakfast offered. clean hostel a bit tight but it was well worth the money spent.

• 29th Jun 2013

I LOVED it here, loved the vibe and the staff and the people who were staying there with me. They had good advice to give and I instantly felt at ease. Having the cafe and bar downstairs was convenient and the prices didn't seem TOO horrible, but the fully stocked kitchen with a small grocery down the street made it easy to save some money on food if you wanted. It isn't super close to the things I wanted, but maybe there is other stuff in the area that I didn't have time to explore.

!Felt like I was staying at a friends apartment, very chill common room and big deck. The bar downstairs was awesome and if you miss your breakfast they still give you treats and coffee from the cafe. Loved it!

• 20th Jun 2013

Lovely small hostel in a very nice and safe neighborhood (greektown). Tons of good food and nice shopping facilities right beneath the building. Other cool things are the bar downstairs and the metro station next to the hostel.

The hostel is nice and the breakfast is good but we did not get any sleep as the downstairs bar was playing music until nearly 4am.

I just found out that the athmosphere was a bit noisy. People come and go all the time and you cannot have good rest when you want. Also what i dislike is that they live the room door open to often and anyone can enter in the room!! thats not really secure! Last thing is i found people sleeping in the common room!!.! how comes??? it's supposed to be a common room not a dormitory room!

Okay, the positives...the free waffle breakfast is insane. The bar and cafe both have a nice atmosphere and aren't noisy or too expensive. Also, location wise, being so close to the subway meant it was pretty easy to go anywhere and not feel like we were missing out being more central. Negatives, the skylight in the dorm made us wake up at 6 o'clock. 3 sets of bunk beds plus everybody's luggage meant the room was cramped and also some of the staff were incredibly apathetic and unhelpful

Pros: Awesome waffle breakfast! Nice outdoor patio. Ample toilets/showers, even 2 baths! Great nearby take-aways. Quality bar downstairs - 20 real beers on tap! Cons: The hostel (not the bar) staff are very anti-social (apart from Wei), especially the one who leaves threatening notes regarding cleaning up ("you know who you are!"). Skylight wakes you up early. No guards on top bunks. No ventilation in rooms. Bar downstairs closes at 3am - so why does the common room close at 11pm?

Cozy, clean and good position. liked it!

The hostel is nice but the staff which mostly works on the cafe downstair is always attending the regular customers of the cafe so they weren't really available to answer other questions regarding Toronto, things to do and to see. It's something I usually appreciate from hostels' staff. Beds are really close to each other. It's not confortable.

very beautiful hostel. as u know theres a bar downstairs, it can get a little loud at night. our room did not have a window, what i personally didnt like. the waffle brekki makes up for it :) its a very lovable hostle anyway!