The Only Backpacker's Inn Reviews

968 Danforth Ave, Toronto, Canada

During my stay somebody broke in to the hostel and using bolt-cutters broke into the lockers (there was a communal locker for all rooms, situated in the main foyer of the hostel). Luckily I hadn't used the lockers, but two girls in my room lost everything. The worst part was that the staff really didn't seem to care about this and immediately dismissed their pleas for help. The back door to the hostel is unlocked (yes, it is on a balcony, but that balcony is incredibly easy to reach).

みなさんが書いているように朝食のワッフルが最高。中心地からは離れているので、地下鉄利用する必要あり。部屋は冷房がしっかりきいていて快適。ただちょっと狭いので荷物の置き場に困る。

I enjoyed only inn deck and bar downstairs! so many beers with great atmosphere and interesting peeps.

The breakfast was amazing. The rooms were good and the bathrooms and shared areas were always clean. It might get a bit noisy at night though, mostly on fridays and saturdays. There was a subway station in a few steps so that you can get to downtown very easily. There was also free wifi. I would definitely stay here again.

The breakfast was the best part ! You get a waffle with whipped cream, and lots of fruit. The beds were also very comfortable. Now comes the part that made me mad. They have no storage lockers for your bags lol... Even though the room sizes were small, I still do not trust random strangers and had to bring everything with me as I walked around town and had to leave my bag just sitting beside my bed. A bit noisy but there's a bar downstairs which if you were bored would be a good time.

• 8th Aug 2015

Whilst I had a good time at this hostel, I couldn't honestly give it the best of reviews. The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was excellent, the wifi was strong and although it was a bit out of the city, it was right by a subway making transport pretty easy. but the door to my room was broken leaving it perminatley ajar, there were garabage bags under my bed, the bass from the bar below kept going until 2am and teh rooms were very cramped. 6/10

Petite auberge avec une déco géniale et un personnel adorable j'aurai bien aimé y passer plus d'une nuit! Seul bémol pas de barriere pour les lits superposés du haut et quand on a tendance à bouger la nuit comme moi c'est un peu flippant...

If you're early-riser with a car, it would be useful to note that 1) there was a stand-up comedy going on next door until 11pm and the noise penetrated to my bed, and 2) there is no overnight parking anywhere in vicinity. We were willing to walk a mile or so but the entire neighborhood has permit-only restriction through the night.

It's really worth the price. Time for fun and time to rest are maximally enforced. The breakfast is good.

Propre et entretenu, déjeuner compris, toutes les commodités.

• 17th Jul 2015

Great hostel in Toronto, i would definitely stay here again. Good atmosphere and the best hostel breakfast I have ever had. Thanks!

Just for the breakfast it would be worth it! But not only that the staff is very friendly :)

• 9th Jul 2015

Everything was perfect, unfortunantelly there wasn't availabity for more days there.

Missed my connecting flight so I didn't actually get a chance to stay here.

I love the hostel it was cheap to what you get in a City like Tornoto. The Rooms were too small but you get more then what you paid for. The breakfast was amazing.thanks

Le petit déjeuner est extra ! :)

I love your breakfast.

A tiny bit out of the city, but a safe and friendly part of town. The laid back social atmosphere was the best part about this hostel & the lovely art work. A little strange checking in via the bar / cafe but staff were amazing, breakfast delicious and great food / drinks at the juice bar and cafe downstairs. Great common / patio area, always social!.

The restaurant and bar below was a plus. The free waffle breakfast was delicious. Staff was all kind and helpful. Parking was not very good. Was a few blocks away and had to pay for it. Not the hostel fault but still a bit of an inconvenience. Top deck area was nice had some broken chairs that should be replaced. Overall worth it and the city was great.

• 21st Jun 2015