The Original Backpackers Hostel Reviews

162 Victoria Street, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

Was a really great place to stay defiantly one of the better hostels I've stayed in Bathrooms where always clean and so were rooms Everyone is really friendly Only down side is wifi is not unlimited and a bit hit and miss on connecting But overall a great stay!

• 6th Dec 2014

Upon arrival I found out that I was a day too early. Unfortunately there were no rooms available so came back the next day. Accommodation was good, initially booked a double room with shared facilities but the manager upgraded me to a room with private facilities, always good!

• 13th Nov 2014

The private room was perfect and above standard for a hostel, we couldn't have been happier.

Great location. Friendly staff who were happy to let me check in earlier than usual. Stayed in 10 bed female dorm. Small lockers available in the dorm. Big fridge in the dorm which was great. Nothing fancy, but fair for the price and no complaints.

Quite good hostel. Nice Patio, friendly staff. Good location, close to a metro station and a big supermarket. Lots of european young work-and-travel backpackers. Good "noise policy": After 10 o'clock it was quite enough to get to sleep.

Good atmosphere and easy to socialize with the courtyard. The staff were excellent and numerous times I was upgraded to a better room for free!

Good place to stay. We were only there 2 nights

I only stayed one night. They had reliable, cheap shuttle connection to airport. Bed was comfortable. It is true not any great places to hang, except the kitchen and a nice patio behind the kitchen or and the porch. I appreciated the 11 pm quiet curfew, but some might not. The staff was great!! I had made the reservation for the wrong night and they were able to find me a bed, simple switch. The people staying there seemed to have been there a while, but all were friendly. beautiful property!

loved this hostel, the ensuite room is big enough, hot water running at any hour and fridge available inside the room. the location was just perfect, 2 minutes from the subway station and right in the middle of kings cross area, which is awesome for the night life. the hostel is really beautiful, with a little terrace and a big kitchen, plus a patio where you can have your lunch or dinner. common rooms very comfortable, amazing prices. will definitely come back!

Really liked the atmosphere at the hostel, was just a great place to meet other people, constantly got to know some people in my dorm when I checked in and people overall seemed friendly and open to talk to you . Liked the fact that the hostel has some sort of activity going on every night, great way to get to know others. Friday was clubbing in Kings Cross and Saturday was partybus to Sydneys largest club "home" at Darling Harbour , you did get some really good deals with these outings as well!