The Original Backpackers Hostel

Very Good 967 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
9th Mar 2017

Great location close to the train station with really friendly staff.

• Ireland, All Female Group, 25-30
7th Mar 2017
8.0

There are a lot of long stay residents, so the atmosphere wasn't great but the people in the dorm were friendly. The balconies could do with a bit of a clean. The bathrooms were clean just the lock broken on the door. We didn't use the kitchen as the residents seemed to always have it taken over. It was quite from 10pm except the noise from the street but it wasn't too bad to stop you from sleeping. It is located right near the Kings Cross station and Coles supermarket so very easy to get around

• Ireland, Female, 41+
28th Feb 2017
8.0

I'm a mature lady travelling alone so I chose a private room which was expensive but this suited my needs and I was very happy with the accommodation. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• eerojudin962
  • Finland, Couple, 31-40
26th Feb 2017

We had a good stay in this classic hostel. The staff was amazing and really helpful.

• England, Male, 18-24
24th Feb 2017
4.6

Cockroaches everywhere

• England, Female, 18-24
24th Feb 2017
6.9

When I arrived the hostel was so dirty... There were dead woodlouse under my bed and it had blatantly not been cleaned for ages. The staff were really helpful though and moved me to another room (which was still not very clean). Small security lockers for valuables, really good atmosphere and very sociable but please note this is a party hostel! Also fans in the rooms which stopped it being too hot, good location and okay facilities.

• Finland, Female, 18-24
15th Feb 2017

Got my own room because nothing else was available. It was actually nice since I only stayed for one night. You have to pay a fee for cutlery&plates etc which was annoying. Over all experience was good I can recommend!

13th Feb 2017

It was good... clean... good location

13th Feb 2017

A friendly hostel. One of the better king,s x hostels.I had the balcony room with a good crew-Yippee!!!

12th Feb 2017
5.1

When I arrived, I was told I am not allowed to sleep in the dorm because I am over 40 years old though nothing on Hostelworld states this restriction. They "let" me stay but I not feel welcome. The neighbors seem irritated by backpackers and are not friendly. Kitchen needs a deep cleaning. Half the common areas are not secure and food seems to go missing. Also smoking everywhere and hard to get away from unless you hide in the lounge or your room. The staff did fix a mistake I made.