The Original Backpackers Hostel Reviews

162 Victoria Street, Kings Cross, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

all good, great staff, location, building. JUst didn't like the light in the shower who wentoff each 5 minutes :(

A good value hostel but facilities should refreshed.

staff quite rude when I arrived, I stayed here at the end of my 2 years in Australia and my first ever case of bed bugs, it was disgusting

• 8th Mar 2014

It was ok. We booked a twin room which was in the old part of the building and it was quite old fashioned, the bed frames had rust on them, you could hear everything that was happening outside. But then management surprised us and upgraded us to a double en suite which was on the newest part of the building and was much better! Felt like a hotel room and was very clean. Kitchen was ok but crowded most of the time. Didn't feel safe in kings cross at all, but the hostel itself was nice enough.

Middle aged novice reviewers!!Our rooms "felt like a hotel room" and were "very clean"-hostel was "nice" but we still got a poor percentage.Real backpackers love being upgraded and realise what a great hostel the Original Backpackers is.

our room was very nice, but the cleanliness in the kitchen area could be better.

I picked this hostel coz as much as I once loved to party- im not 21 anymore!! - so chose Original as it seemed online to be more quiet and serene than other nearby hostels! In kings cross however- there is no escaping the young party atmosphere!! Still was a beautiful and cozy place, in a beautiful leafy street, but wana point out for others like me- if u want some peace, don't stay in the cross!!

This place is lively from the minute you walk in the staff are welcoming and the location is prefect! Close enough to nightlife but not so close you can't sleep. The facalities were great shower and bathrooms clean rooms clean, can't ask fr more really! Would stay again for sure

• 21st Feb 2014
  • New Zealand

Large hostel with areas to meet others. Free Wi-Fi with 100 Mb data per day. Very clean and good location in King's Cross. Very helpful staff.

The hostel is quite average, no big complaints here but there are nicer hostels just next door for cheaper price and also breakfast included. The bathrooms and showers are really clean and good in Originals though.

not bad. pretty comfortable.

• 25th Jan 2014
  • China

Very good hostellerie.

Kings Cross was probably not the most appropriate place for my short break. I should have done my research. Most other guests at all the backpackers in the area are the proper 'backpacker' type: away for months, just want to drink 'goon' every night. I've been that person before, but wasn't after that on this holiday. If you're into that, it's a classic, colonial style Sydney house, walking distance from many sights in the city & has good facilities. The staff are helpful & there's good security