6.4
Good 297 Total Reviews
6.4
Good 297 Total Reviews
The Overstay Located at 100m before Charan Soi 40, , Bangkok.
Thailand
Bangkok 10700 100m before Charan Soi 40
64% 297
13.7756502 100.4840576
    Rooms available

26th Jul 2016
4.3

Most of the reviews mention how dirty this place is but few do it justice. This place is super duper gnarly and gross. I generally don't mind dirty hostels when there are other cool things to make up for the lack of cleanliness. In this case, there is no redeeming quality. It's cheap but there are other cheap hostels in Bangkok that have much better locations. No reason to stay at the Overstay.

20th Jul 2016
8.0

Got overstay early in the morning. Had a good company and great morning. I was going to India just waiting for my flight from BKK, and got a good conversation and met cool people there. Well, If you like this hostel you will like India, I m in India. I love India.

19th Jul 2016
8.0

I think there's an amazing laid back vibe here. If you love animals, they have some pets! There are delicious cheap vendors 5 minute walk or less down the road. The staff were friendly and I instantly felt welcome, even with the language barrier (I only sign ASL). It is a place to chill out around other people. The wifi worked well enough to watch an episode on Netflix. The kitchen in the back was messy and the beer costs 100 thb, but other than that I was very comfortable w/ the Overstay

• Slovakia, Male, 18-24
16th Jul 2016

After 36 hours of traveling I got everything I needed. Shower, bed, and a nice company. Overstay has got interesting atmosphere though its probably the cheapest hostel in BKK. Thank you Visited July 2016

• Canada, Female, 18-24
8th Jul 2016
8.0

Not a bad hostel considering the cheap price. Probably the cheapest in Bangkok?

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
23rd Jun 2016

For what you pay for there are a lot of facilities. A vegetarian kitchen is a great idea. Bathrooms were large and the place was generally clean. Loved that they take in stray animals. The place/staff were chilled out and we felt comfortable. Shame we only stayed one night or we would have liked to join in the party-like atmosphere downstairs with the musical instruments and bar. Graffiti was cool and we were told we could contribute. Not too noisy (apart from the music). No locks on doors.

• USA, Female, 31-40
9th Jun 2016

The Overstay is the best hostel I've ever been to because of the atmosphere. Immediately, I was befriended and taken in by the staff, a mix of long-term and transient ppl from all over the world. I ended up staying longer than planned because I wanted to get to know everyone genuinely, not just surface level. The artistic vibe, the openness, the friends that treated me like family, it is worth so much. Plus the space is beautiful from its exterior charm to its soul

• Sweden, All Male Group, 25-30
23rd May 2016

One of the best low-standard places I ever stayed in. It´s cheap, has great people and an amazing rooftop. Thank you 4 the stay! We will visit again! Peace!!

• USA, All Male Group, 25-30
11th May 2016
4.6

This hostel had a very cool vibe to it and started off great, but the staff was not that friendly. It's definitely not a place to stay if you are looking for luxury, but more so looking for other cool people that are traveling. I met quite a few great people from all over while staying here. The big downer was that our room didn't even have a fan, so you should expect to wake up with your sheets covered in sweat.

20th Apr 2016
4.6

You get what you pay for, we were on a super strict budget and got a private room. There wasn't much ventilation in the room and all the walls are spray painted with phsycodellic images making it a bit unease. If you're on a low budget or are super jah rasta you can get by. 45 min walking from Koh San road!