The Overstay Reviews

100m before Charan Soi 40, Bangkok, Thailand

I am very happy that settled it in this hostel! Here I met a lot of friends and simply a talented and helpful people! I wish them all prosperity and love!

I would not recommend staying at this hostel; smelled disgusting throughout the building, it doesn't have any of the things that it claims to have online (A/C, private shared bathrooms), the luggage storage is an open room, a cat peed in our room, there's a huge hole in the ceiling of the shower, you have to bring your own lock for your own door, there's no pillows, and the place doesn't even have a real address, so no cabs know how to find it. Do not stay here. We considered leaving at 3am.

• 15th Jun 2014

Only stayed one night as i was on a layover, bed was pretty hard, it was relatively clean, the staff were pretty friendly (when i could find them) one night was definitely enough for me

The Overstay was definitely an interesting place; you get what you pay for. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the guests were a great bunch of people. The cleanliness however was awful; gross bathrooms (bugs, mold, faulty locks), a few roaches, etc. But it's a wonderful place to meet other travellers. The atmosphere was nice to arrive to; very welcoming. And it's dirt cheap! A bit far from the main Bangkok attractions though, but sometimes that's nice!

The bed was the worst thing I have ever seen. There's a washing machine :) Don't stay here if you don't like the smell of green.

Worst hostel I never stayed at because if was a total dump. The reviews give this place wayyy to much credit. Trap houses are better than this place. I don't even want to waste my time listing everything bad about this place! DO NOT GO HERE! You are honestly better off sleeping on the steps of a 24hr 7/11 store!

Probably the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Everywhere dirty, on the website they say that it's with air conditioning but it isn't. During night very loud music so you can't sleep. The people where nice though, but it looked more like a home for homeless people...

Overstay is still one of top 5 favorite hostel I had been to. Been to Overstay few times and never get too old. I would recommend Overstay to add few fans in common room since it will be very hot and sweaty during daytime when A/C is off. I am so happy that Overstay finally add A/C in dorm bed! WIFI is good.

It is what it is... what it comes down to is that people come to stay here and don't really leave. doesn't mean they're happy it just means they don't leave. Bring your own pillow, sheet, towel, ear plugs, fan, and maybe a flashlight. sometimes the power goes out. sometimes the water stops running. By sometimes i mean a few times a week. Some people sleep on the roof. One saturday there was a band that played covers of the black keys and the arctic monkeys another night it was horrible kareok

The graffiti when first walking in is pretty cool. The staff were rather friendly, all enjoying a smoke and drink in an extremely laid back atmosphere. Unfortunately this is just about the best thing this place has to offer. I've stayed in many hostels across the world and am by no means fussy...whatsoever. People say you get what you pay for but for a little extra, guest houses on Khao San Road are clean. This is a place for people REALLY strapped for cash wanting to live cheap and dirty.