The Overstay Reviews

100m before Charan Soi 40, Bangkok, Thailand

Not the ritz Carlton, as a matter of fact, the cheapest place to stay in bangkok. So with that being said the decor, cleanliness and location matches it's low price point. I had a great time there, I played chess and carried great conversation with other guest. I mean once you get over the state the place is kept in you can really see why its still in business bc when I first arrived I was scared and wanted to turnaround and leave but I stuck it out and glad I did. I recommend but with caution.

The Overstay is a cool hostel but unfortunately in the middle of nowhere. It is super far from the subway and in a tough to find neighborhood. Spent most of the money I saved staying a cheap hostel getting around. Anyway the hostel itself is alright. It's a bit dirty but has a cool vibe to it. The staff is very friendly and the place is full of cute cats.

• 14th Jul 2015

Honestly, pretty disgusting and pathetic. Atmosphere is non existent and staff is apathetic. PROBLEMS: cigarette butts everywhere, moldy plates, bowls, utensils all over tables, literal cat poop stains on the floor, one working bathroom for top 2 floors and the toilet doesn't even have a seat. That everything is dirty shows that no one cares, so do yourself a favor and go somewhere else. And, the money you think you're saving you'll spend on transportation because the location is poor.

Unforgettable hostel! Very artistic! It was expiriense for us!

Dirty, hot and unorganised hostel. Usually I don't mind 'roughing it' in a hostel but this was a step too far. Facilities were shocking and the staffs attitude was evident when we asked for something as simple as a map and got told that they couldn't give us one, but didn't ask us where we were going or if he could help. Could not recommend this lowly enough.

• 3rd May 2015
  • Scotland

if you are looking for a fancy place to stay paying 3 euros per night you are doing it wrong. Perfect for open mind people and travellers with a short budget like mine.:) Nice staff. Definitely coming back in my next stopover in Bangkok. If you don't like cats you better stay somewhere else ;)

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Spain

I met loads of crazy people, rocked my socks off for two nights in a row and enjoyed the authentic Thai neighbourhood with tasty street food during the day. The staff and all the residents were very friendly and kind, thanks guys! But bear in mind that this is not a place to go and have a peaceful night sleep after a long day of taking duckface selfies in front of Bangkok tourist attractions. Overstay exists in it's own dimension and you have to be willing to step out of yours in order to enjoy.

They stay was ok, but it would be better, if the toilets and upper shower were repaired. Thank you.

• 7th Apr 2015

Nearly all of the staff are fun and friendly westerners that enjoy having a good time. They are more than willing to help you get around the city or invite you along to Khao San Rd. The prices for drinks are reasonable. The place meets all basic needs but there are drawbacks such as no ac anywhere in the building and you need to take busses or taxis to get anywhere. the atmosphere more than makes up for these inconveniences. Worth a stay for younger and basic living people.

• 29th Mar 2015