7.2
Very Good 310 Total Reviews
7.2
Very Good 310 Total Reviews
The Overstay Located at 100m before Charan Soi 40, , Bangkok.
Thailand
Bangkok 10700 100m before Charan Soi 40
72% 310
13.7756502 100.4840576
    Rooms available

• jairaz
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
22nd Oct 2016

Enjoyed my stay here! I don't care what the bad reviews might say. The vibe was great, staff&people were friendly, cool art, kitties to play with, and although the security wasn't the greatest.. it still felt like a safe place to be. Would stay again. Thanks a lot from Canada :)

• India, Female, 25-30
8th Oct 2016
6.0

Couldnt find an option to cancel the stay. We had to chuck cancelling because the number given wasnt working too.

• Slovenia, Female, 18-24
22nd Sep 2016
7.4

Don't stay if you like it clean and want to stay close to the main attractions - stay if you are on a tight budget (probably the cheapest you can get in BKK), like street art and cool vibes, don't mind walking cca 30mins to Khao San (or taking a bus) and are okay with stray cats. Great personnel, a pool table, a bar. Suuuper basic though ;)

• Poland, Female, 18-24
21st Sep 2016
7.7

if you are looking for easy going stuff, cheap staying it's perfect. Not far away from center. We walk the way ;)

• Northern Ireland, Couple, 18-24
25th Aug 2016
2.0

Very disappointed with this hostel, extremely unclean, stale odour, bed was not cleaned before arrival. Was planning to stay a few nights and couldn't even bare another so ended up moving on. Although cheap I would suggest anyone to spend a little bit more and at least go somewhere that is clean. Pool table broken, staff unfriendly, bathroom was disgusting. (Felt dirtier coming out of the shower than before I went in) Hostel is in a bad location. I wish I could rate lower than a generous 2.0.

• England, Couple, 25-30
23rd Aug 2016
6.6

This hostel has a really cool hippie vibe, cool concept if your into the arts. The staff are friendly and the pets are cute. It is however the dirtiest hostel I stayed in during my 3 month travels with a horrible stench! But then again it's also the cheapest so you get what you pay for I guess! If your into a cheap hostel with character and interesting people then this is the place for you. But if you like to sleep in a clean room and clean bedding, I wouldn't recommend X

26th Jul 2016
4.3

Most of the reviews mention how dirty this place is but few do it justice. This place is super duper gnarly and gross. I generally don't mind dirty hostels when there are other cool things to make up for the lack of cleanliness. In this case, there is no redeeming quality. It's cheap but there are other cheap hostels in Bangkok that have much better locations. No reason to stay at the Overstay.

20th Jul 2016
8.0

Got overstay early in the morning. Had a good company and great morning. I was going to India just waiting for my flight from BKK, and got a good conversation and met cool people there. Well, If you like this hostel you will like India, I m in India. I love India.

19th Jul 2016
8.0

I think there's an amazing laid back vibe here. If you love animals, they have some pets! There are delicious cheap vendors 5 minute walk or less down the road. The staff were friendly and I instantly felt welcome, even with the language barrier (I only sign ASL). It is a place to chill out around other people. The wifi worked well enough to watch an episode on Netflix. The kitchen in the back was messy and the beer costs 100 thb, but other than that I was very comfortable w/ the Overstay

• Slovakia, Male, 18-24
16th Jul 2016

After 36 hours of traveling I got everything I needed. Shower, bed, and a nice company. Overstay has got interesting atmosphere though its probably the cheapest hostel in BKK. Thank you Visited July 2016