The Overstay

Good 336 Total Reviews
6.9
Good 336 Total Reviews

20th Jun 2017

Great option for short stay!

27th May 2017
8.0

Very cheap if you are a headbanger and like to party this s is your home. Free live bands every Saturday

23rd Apr 2017
6.6

My expectations of places like this are always low since it's an economy hostel. That being said cleanliness is my biggest issue with this place. Roaches were spotted in the kitchen and bathrooms. The water went off while we were here for a full 24 hours before we decided to bail and go to a new hostel. No showers and no AC when it's 100 everyday is not livable. Location is not great either. We ended up wasting money on taxis/Uber's. might have been better just to pay more to be in town.

13th Mar 2017
2.6

Extremely dirty. Terrible beds. Gross stench in the dorms. Gross ripped sheets, blankets aren't washed (we observed the maid). The bathrooms are incredibly dirty. No soap or toilet paper. Whole building is horrifically hot. Location is in an industrial area far from everything. Staff gave us misinformation several times. They didn't know where we could go to see a doctor - there is a clinic NEXT DOOR TO THE HOSTEL. Staff also all smoke inside, its hard to breathe.

• xristjana
  • England, Couple, 18-24
13th Feb 2017
5.1

The guy running it is an absolute legend , I would go back again purely because I don't mind the conditions the hostel is in but I would have to say the cleaning staff are ! Just had a bad xp with a staff member, washing machine didn't work upstairs and was flooding the communal kitchen and someone came upstairs and was really quite rude and shouted at us for using it .. even tho there was no sign , it was plugged into the wall and the lights were on so how were we to know ?!

• prosoftnz7294
  • New Zealand, Male, 41+
4th Feb 2017
7.4

Awesome friendly staff. Good value for money

• England, Male, 25-30
23rd Jan 2017
4.9

I arrived at 5am and from the outside I thought the place was shut down, very dark and not inviting. When I checked in the lady at the reception tried to bump me for 500baht My room was down a dark corridor with no lights, and the only way of locking my door was with a padlock from the outside. I couldn't lock the door from inside. The door was split in half at the bottom so could have easily crawled into my room. Was hard getting to sleep as someone was on the electric guitar and drums at 6a

• Israel, Male, 25-30
23rd Jan 2017

really cool guys running this place, good vibes. if you are looking to stay in the center of things this is not for you, but it isn't so far away to... art&music people will enjoy this place:) peace.

• Norway, Female, 25-30
5th Jan 2017

This is a place you either hate or love because they have their own style and a hearth. I loved the staff and the whole place is super interesting with a creative vibe.

29th Dec 2016
3.1

The staff were great, very helpful and talkative. The actual hostel was absolutely disgusting. In our "private" room there was a window with missing glass and only a small, see through curtain cover it. The bed, if you wanna call it that, felt more like sleeping on cardboard that was covering rocky cement. The bathrooms were atrocious and I felt dirtier after using them. If you don't care about cleanliness, bad location, and uncomfortable beds, then this is your place! You get what you pay for.