6.1
Good 290 Total Reviews
6.1
Good 290 Total Reviews
The Overstay Located at 100m before Charan Soi 40, , Bangkok.
Thailand
Bangkok 10700 100m before Charan Soi 40
61% 290
13.7756502 100.4840576
    Rooms available

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
23rd Jun 2016

For what you pay for there are a lot of facilities. A vegetarian kitchen is a great idea. Bathrooms were large and the place was generally clean. Loved that they take in stray animals. The place/staff were chilled out and we felt comfortable. Shame we only stayed one night or we would have liked to join in the party-like atmosphere downstairs with the musical instruments and bar. Graffiti was cool and we were told we could contribute. Not too noisy (apart from the music). No locks on doors.

• USA, Female, 31-40
9th Jun 2016

The Overstay is the best hostel I've ever been to because of the atmosphere. Immediately, I was befriended and taken in by the staff, a mix of long-term and transient ppl from all over the world. I ended up staying longer than planned because I wanted to get to know everyone genuinely, not just surface level. The artistic vibe, the openness, the friends that treated me like family, it is worth so much. Plus the space is beautiful from its exterior charm to its soul

• Sweden, All Male Group, 25-30
23rd May 2016

One of the best low-standard places I ever stayed in. It´s cheap, has great people and an amazing rooftop. Thank you 4 the stay! We will visit again! Peace!!

• USA, All Male Group, 25-30
11th May 2016
4.6

This hostel had a very cool vibe to it and started off great, but the staff was not that friendly. It's definitely not a place to stay if you are looking for luxury, but more so looking for other cool people that are traveling. I met quite a few great people from all over while staying here. The big downer was that our room didn't even have a fan, so you should expect to wake up with your sheets covered in sweat.

20th Apr 2016
4.6

You get what you pay for, we were on a super strict budget and got a private room. There wasn't much ventilation in the room and all the walls are spray painted with phsycodellic images making it a bit unease. If you're on a low budget or are super jah rasta you can get by. 45 min walking from Koh San road!

• England, Female, 18-24
2nd Apr 2016

The Overstay was perfect! I am definitely overstaying here! The atmosphere is chilled and buzzing at the same time. The energy of the staff here is amazing as they're laid back, friendly, fun and always up for a party! The guests are down to earth and super nice. Its so easy to meet people and hang out playing a game of pool, taking turns playing tunes or chilling up on the roof top. Yuval also has a great sense of humour! Amazing value for money and a 24hr bar... What more could you want??

• France, All Female Group, 18-24
5th Mar 2016
2.0

This is honestly the worst hostel ever, and I've done quite a few... I was willing to loose my deposit to get in a better hostel, and I was really really short on money! It is just so filthy... The AC doesn't exist and in Bangkok that a must. The walls are piece of cardboard. Moreover, they had overbooked although the we paid a deposit online. It stinks so badly cat pee everywhere. It's so dirty we had to buy our own bed sheets. Don't get fooled by the bar- it's a joke... Worst area of B

• Germany, All Female Group, 18-24
4th Mar 2016
2.3

Our night at the hostel was horrible. Its like a house for homeless people. Dirty, things were broken, cats and some insects are running everywhere. Never again. Was my worsest stay in bangkok and while traveling!! Dont stay there!

• England, All Male Group, 18-24
3rd Mar 2016
6.3

Okay so if you want cleanliness. Look elsewhere. You will feel dirty as you leave the shower! However the overall vibe of the overstay is amazing. You are bound to meet loads of new people so if on a budget backpacking. This is the place in Bangkok. i stayed for 3 nights and was still getting over jet lag so spent the majority of my time in the hostel and the only thing I was unsure of was the security of my belongings.

19th Feb 2016
6.9

The hostel building itself is very well maintained, with beautifully painted walls creating a tranquil atmosphere. The lobby has lot of space to hangout - with a small bar, pool table, chess board, etc., to mingle with other residents. The place is comparatively clean but can be better. The only downside is that the place is quite far from the city center, and during peak traffic hours, it can take as much as an hour to get to the center (like the victory monument area).