The Overstay Reviews

100m before Charan Soi 40, Bangkok, Thailand

Отличное место

Very dirty, asked if I wanted clean sheets on arrival (of course i do) didn't even know what beds were free. Stray cats everywhere. Feels and looks like a squat. Lockers either broken or old locks still on. Toilets were filthy. Location is a bit out of the way but nice food down the street.

We liked the concept of the hostel, but it was just really dirty. Also please clean rooms and bathrooms and make sure their is access to clean linen, towels and toilet paper. The owner was friendly and seemed like a party hostel.

Very basic. Best were firm but more comfortable than I expected due to how thin they are. I didn't sleep well though because there was a loud party in the main area of the hostel until 4 am every night. Music blasting. There is 6 floors though, so maybe ask to stay at the top floor if you want a better sleep. Showers are very basic. But if you're looking to save money, you will make it work. Nothing else worth mentioning.

The people who work here are the reason this place is so great. It's true some showers only run cold water and some lockers are stuck shut but the personality and charm of the overstay over powers any minor problem like that. If you don't want to deal with koa sanh road and want a different side of Bangkok this it the place for you. also the cats are pretty cool.

I highly recommend this hostel if you want to meet people, hang out at the bar, play music or chill out on the rooftop

• 2nd Jan 2016

It's a cool place to find new friends and sleep in a extravagant hostel. Graffiti and art overall. The have some instruments and you can use it. The staff are very friendly and the cats are cute. I can recommend it for all people the search a alternative to the other. I'm sure I'll be back 😀

Even ultra left wing East-German squatters would say that this place is pretty disgusting. The old city is still 45min walk away on marching speed. This hostel probably thinks not cleaning anything ever contributes to it's edgy artistic vibe. The Hungarian staff member was nice and helpful though, but that's about it.

The worst hostel we have ever stayed in!!!!! The place for a start absolutely stank of cats wee, to the point of having to cover my nose to walk around. The dorm room was disgusting, luckily the fan blew the smell around the room so it made it more bearable. We asked the staff for one more pillow for the other bunk and they said that they didn't have any and this was 'the overstay'. there was a mobile phone kept on the roof, so when it rang, people knew the police were here!! Worst ever!!

I have never left a review because am over all happy with ever place, even when I stayed in a warehouse hostel in panama. With sucked but this place is hands down the biggest *** on earth and am not joking. Cats everywhere along with ** and cat *** but worse is that the staff don't believe in showering. I warn everyone that the price is not a good deal, also no one has ever cleaned since the place has opened. Am not some rich kid am poor as hell and this place you couldn't pay me to stay

LOVED this hostel. Literally the only drawback is the cleanliness-but that didn't bother me or 90% of the other people staying here. It is more than made up for in awesome vibes, amazing staff, and the random instruments and art supplies just lying around for you to use. It's only a short cab ride to Khao San Road, a popular backpackers spot with loads of bars; and it's surrounded by plenty of street food to keep you satisfied near home. The cheapest and the best hostel in Bangkok.

• 20th Dec 2015

We loved the Overstay! Booked it again for our second stay in Bangkok. It's not a place for everybody, if you care a lot about cleanliness is probably not the right place for you. But if you don't just go for it!

• 18th Nov 2015

Look... for the price, you can't really say no. Stayed in a double room and it was huge. Mattress was hard but that's ok. You really can't beat the price. The reception girl was really friendly. Bathroom was average. Had to improvise a few times haha.

This is probably the first place I've stayed at that I did not feel safe leaving my things in the dorm. The sheets were dirty. Owner was nice but the rest of the staff not so helpful.

COOL LAID BACK

• 8th Oct 2015

Nice place! I was supposed to stay just one night passing through Bangkok.. Finally I staid one week extending day by day. Because the people and the vibes of the place were so good. Comfortable bed, air con, big chill out rooms, roof top, power plugs, possibility to paint and draw all around the hostell, music instruments. Probably best coffee in Asia.. which was a very good point for me :) Would like to pass again in the place if going back in Bangkok one day

Great Place if you're looking for an alternative acommodation! Met interesting people, and its really not far from the center (3 stops by bus)

We met some lovely people who made us feel very welcome. Brilliant atmosphere and great value for money. It's very unclean but I suppose that's what you get for an arty squat-house type place! We enjoyed our stay but don't go if you don't like cats!!!! :)

You're not paying much buck to stay at this place but you're definitely getting the bang for it. The staff are amazing, there's a great bar and chill out area, a pool table, and definitely a hippie-ish feel to the place.

A stuff memb glorified a regime responsible for a genocide of more than 1.5 million people directly in front of one of their descendants. As if this wasn't enough, the owner totally tolerated this glorification and interrupted his complaints by asking what his people would need a recognition for this genocide for. Please remember for only 1 minute of your life of all the innocent victims who were unscrupulously slaughtered or lost their life in a death march, having no choice unlike you !