The Overstay Reviews

100m before Charan Soi 40, Bangkok, Thailand

I liked the hostel for the people there and the staff, but it could be more cleaner, comfortable and easy. The facilities were not so good, the shower/toilet and the charging places could be more convenient.

It's a very, vey cool place to stay!

Thanks a lot for the review Carlos see you next time !

I am very happy that settled it in this hostel! Here I met a lot of friends and simply a talented and helpful people! I wish them all prosperity and love!

I would not recommend staying at this hostel; smelled disgusting throughout the building, it doesn't have any of the things that it claims to have online (A/C, private shared bathrooms), the luggage storage is an open room, a cat peed in our room, there's a huge hole in the ceiling of the shower, you have to bring your own lock for your own door, there's no pillows, and the place doesn't even have a real address, so no cabs know how to find it. Do not stay here. We considered leaving at 3am.

• 15th Jun 2014

Hi Sarah , We are sorry that you felt uncomfortable in the overstay but we would like to rectify some of the things you said : we do have air conditioning in the dormitory, also our bathroom are private and happily shared. We have lockers for all the guests and also if you didnt get a pillow just ask next time, error is human. Hope you enjoyed Thailand anyway, take care

Only stayed one night as i was on a layover, bed was pretty hard, it was relatively clean, the staff were pretty friendly (when i could find them) one night was definitely enough for me

The Overstay was definitely an interesting place; you get what you pay for. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the guests were a great bunch of people. The cleanliness however was awful; gross bathrooms (bugs, mold, faulty locks), a few roaches, etc. But it's a wonderful place to meet other travellers. The atmosphere was nice to arrive to; very welcoming. And it's dirt cheap! A bit far from the main Bangkok attractions though, but sometimes that's nice!

The bed was the worst thing I have ever seen. There's a washing machine :) Don't stay here if you don't like the smell of green.