The Overstay Reviews

100m before Charan Soi 40, Bangkok, Thailand

Great Place if you're looking for an alternative acommodation! Met interesting people, and its really not far from the center (3 stops by bus)

We met some lovely people who made us feel very welcome. Brilliant atmosphere and great value for money. It's very unclean but I suppose that's what you get for an arty squat-house type place! We enjoyed our stay but don't go if you don't like cats!!!! :)

You're not paying much buck to stay at this place but you're definitely getting the bang for it. The staff are amazing, there's a great bar and chill out area, a pool table, and definitely a hippie-ish feel to the place.

Not the ritz Carlton, as a matter of fact, the cheapest place to stay in bangkok. So with that being said the decor, cleanliness and location matches it's low price point. I had a great time there, I played chess and carried great conversation with other guest. I mean once you get over the state the place is kept in you can really see why its still in business bc when I first arrived I was scared and wanted to turnaround and leave but I stuck it out and glad I did. I recommend but with caution.

The Overstay is a cool hostel but unfortunately in the middle of nowhere. It is super far from the subway and in a tough to find neighborhood. Spent most of the money I saved staying a cheap hostel getting around. Anyway the hostel itself is alright. It's a bit dirty but has a cool vibe to it. The staff is very friendly and the place is full of cute cats.

• 14th Jul 2015

Honestly, pretty disgusting and pathetic. Atmosphere is non existent and staff is apathetic. PROBLEMS: cigarette butts everywhere, moldy plates, bowls, utensils all over tables, literal cat poop stains on the floor, one working bathroom for top 2 floors and the toilet doesn't even have a seat. That everything is dirty shows that no one cares, so do yourself a favor and go somewhere else. And, the money you think you're saving you'll spend on transportation because the location is poor.

Unforgettable hostel! Very artistic! It was expiriense for us!

Dirty, hot and unorganised hostel. Usually I don't mind 'roughing it' in a hostel but this was a step too far. Facilities were shocking and the staffs attitude was evident when we asked for something as simple as a map and got told that they couldn't give us one, but didn't ask us where we were going or if he could help. Could not recommend this lowly enough.

• 3rd May 2015