The Palace Hostel Reviews

666 Calle Suau, San Juan, Puerto Rico

I stayed in the 6 person bunk room on the 2nd floor. Bedrooms okay but both toilets on the floor weren't working and the one shower barely dripped. Fine for one night but definitely wouldn't spend any extended period of time here.

• 29th Mar 2015

Very pleasant experience and very good for its price.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Spain

No A/C room for the price, too bad

• 26th Mar 2015

I had a wonderful time at the Palace Hostel. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• 18th Mar 2015

You're truly getting what you're not paying for. It's cheap for a reason. No AC makes for long nights. Shady neighborhood after the sun goes down; pros are on the corners. For 1 or 2 nights would be ok more.. Seek elsewhere. Staff was helpful

• 16th Mar 2015

nice room for o good price, cool and helpfull staff, i had very good time staying there

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Poland

I had a great time in this hostel! I've met wonderful people from around the world and the staff is really friendly. If you like meeting people, going out and sharing a great time for your holidays, this is the place to be! Better come with flexible plans, because you'll make new ones with your room mates, to share a car rental and organise cool trips and parties :)

The recepcionists were very nice and friendly, the location of the hostel was also great, only 10minutes from the city centre. The rooms were nice and clean. I was really satisfied with my stay there!

I really enjoyed my stay in this hostel. Very nice atmosphere and helpful staff. Thank you, I would definitely recommend it to everyone!

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Estonia

The staff in the hostel were very nice and very welcoming. The manager was very helpful also. the location is excellent near both the beach and central park with some lovely restaurants and bars. I would definitely recommend to anyone staying in the area!!

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Excellent cleanliness. and great location all round. the manager is very nice and helpful.

This hostel was below my expectations, although to be honest it's my first in Puerto Rico; I usually go to hostels in Europe. The location was sketchy, the lock on the main door was not good, it was fairly clean and I saw how they cleaned the whole thing, but it looks run down, it could use some renovation. The place had an air of abandoned... The staff was friendly and nice, but not outstanding and seemed to be busy or bored.

dirty nasty place in a bad location .. Avoid

• 6th Mar 2015

The owner and the staff were very nice. A staff even walked us to the beach because we didn't know the way.

There was homeless people sleeping across the street. The 10 bunk dorm didn't have air conditioning. Bathrooms were clean beds were comfy. Wouldn't reccommend but it isn't horrible if you're in a pinch.

It's a hostel. Had a blast. If you want a Hilton, there's $300+ a night hotel right down the road.

• 20th Feb 2015

Breakdown of our stay: Staff. Ryan and Co. were friendly hosts although they did not provide much directions or ideas for activities. Location. Enjoyed exploring Miramar - Cleanliness. Unswept floors and gross bathrooms. Our bed sheets had a large red stain upon arrival. - Security. Locked front gate, but the lock for our room barely functioned and could have easily been kicked in w/ enough force. - Noise. Not all guests are here to party. Staff did little to enforce quiet hours

We are sorry to hear of the negative parts of your experience at The Palace Hostel. We are now under new management. We are to focus on customer experience that guests will take the best out of the hostel.

In all my years in youth hostel's around Europe, I've never experience how poorly and mishandle The Palace Hostel. No origination, no responsibility for staff members. I was charged cash only in full because the system was down. I was also woken up from some girl after staying in the same bed for two nights, she claim I was in here bed. The next day I brought it to the person in charge and not much was done. So I packed my bags never to return again!!

• 17th Feb 2015

You have some motivated stuff but generally you should tell some of your stuff maybe not to party loudly till late if the people in the hostel are not interested in it. this would improve the overall quality. Also you should go for some new mattresses and ensure some ventilation in the bathroom. Also some more hints for getting around, maps and stuff like this are quite standard in the most hostels. Your place is cheap but that's all.

• 17th Feb 2015

Thank you for the advice. We are sorry that your experience at The Palace Hostel was not as expected. The hostel is now under new management. Our main focus is guest experience.

This was literally the worse experience of my life. I got in trouble for talking in a group of people on a Saturday night with 15 others, while trying to clean staffs drunken wound.. Tuesday the hostel staff was up SCREAMING & blaring music til 1 am, we had to cancel our tour for the next , costing us. The room I stayed in made me sick. The place was filthy.. and there wasn't even enough toilet paper in the hostel. We left a day early because we couldn't handle the stink, filth, and partying.

• 14th Feb 2015