6.6
Good 637 Total Reviews
6.6
Good 637 Total Reviews
The Palace Hostel Located at 666 Calle Suau, , San Juan.
Puerto Rico

• e_alvarado003836
  • Mexico, Male, 31-40
14th Jan 2017
5.4

The place is well located and has and nice decorations, just the Front desk guy was super grumpy, not welcoming at all, he didn't even shake hands or say hello at any moment, he let me standing with my hand on the air.... He did not provided wifi password and the security code he gave for main door me was wrong! had to guess it by myself since two numbers were switched in order! Definitely they need to motivate their staff. That's not the face we wanna see when we arrive to the Island of Joy :(

31st Dec 2016
2.0

Mike is a horrible employee and person. When I checked in, Mike was on multiple drugs and was very aggressive and confrontational. This was definitely the worst display of customer service skills I have ever experienced. He was also being a pervert and grabbing girls. A guest confronted Mike about the perverted acts and Mike physically threatened the guest. He was threatening to throw everyone out for no reason just to be intimidating to the clients. Mike is a power tripping wierdo!!

• jocelynebrisson77170
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
27th Dec 2016
4.9

I did not feel welcome here by the owner, he was almost hostile. The bathrooms were not kept up and smelled and looked gross. There is a kitchen to cook food in which is great and the little alley to sit and relax under the stars is a bonus. It's also a very far walk to any sites but the walmart is a 15 min walk away. I wouldn't recommend staying here but for a quick stopover it would be okay.

• USA, All Female Group, 41+
19th Dec 2016

We thank you all for a peaceful stay.

• wrldtrvlr
  • Canada, Mixed Group, 25-30
18th Dec 2016
4.3

One of the worst hostels I've ever stayed at, and I've hostelled throughout 15 different countries. The staff are absolutely terrible (the one that checked us in refused to even talk and was like upset with us the entire time). The location is pretty ghetto, definitely not a place you can go out at night. The price is very comparable to what you'd pay at a nice hostel. I highly advise against staying here unless it's your only option.

16th Dec 2016
7.7

There's no ladder to the upper bunker, so if you are short, like me, around 5 feet ish, it's a big struggle to get up and down. Other than that, this is a party hostel, didn't get much sleep.

17th Nov 2016

Love this hostel. I love to see the reality when I go to a county and be around of locals and by staying in this hostel I experience all that. The vibe of this hostel was amazing I made a lot of friends here. Mike the new manager is an amazing person learn a lot from him :). The hostel was always clean with a really good smell. A lot of places where you can go and eat real local food in a cheap cost, a supper market in the corner with very cheap beers.

15th Oct 2016
6.9

We had a little bit of a hard time finding the location. The hostel is placed in a residential area, and their signage for the hostel was extremely small (a piece of 8x11 paper). There isn't any local attractions in walking distance, but it is a cheap Uber ride to Old San Juan and the beaches. We checked in and noticed the hostel was very quiet and empty. The place went through new management the day we got there, so they're remodeling. Apparently it will soon be a very zen, vegan type hostel.

15th Oct 2016
7.7

The place is under new management, so there's a lot of remodeling going on. We had the whole floor to ourselves which was fantastic! We did notice that no one did the basic cleaning duties however. Great place to stay but keep in mind that it's hard to locate if without GPS.

• USA, Male, 31-40
20th Sep 2016

Great deal for the price. A little warm in the room in late September without AC but having a fan on me made it lovely!