The Palace Hostel Reviews

666 Calle Suau, San Juan, Puerto Rico

The only problem is cleanliness. We (3 of us) stayed in a 6 person dorm. We only had 1 other person in the dorm with us which left 5 other beds to choose from. Which would have been great except 3 of those beds were clearly never cleaned after the last people left (sandy, stained, bed not made ect.) The bathroom was not extremely clean but what you could expect for a hostel. Also I wouldnt go walking around the neighborhood at night very dangerous! Besides these set backs everything was good.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Wales

Had an amazing time, with all amazing staff! such a wonderful atmosphere, i really enjoyed every moment, THANK YOU!!!!!

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Hungary

Awesome hostel!Will be back....thanks guys

Chill hostel, very friendly staff and very accommodating. Great atmosphere and great location. Miramar is place to be in San Juan.

This hostel was terrible. The staff knew absolutely nothing about Puerto Rico so couldn't give us any tips on what to see and do, we stayed our 3 nights and got out of there. One of the things that shocked me the most was that we asked for some help turning the tv on, they didn't even know how to do that! I would definitely recommend staying anywhere else - the Posada San Francisco hostel was awesome :-)

This hostel is incredibly social. I had a mojhito pushed into my hand within minutes of checking in! You really do meet people so easily at this place. It's a bit run down, but that kinda goes with the theme of Puerto Rico! Location is a bit out of the way, but the area is very safe and within walking distance of the bus stop. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Great place for me to end my trip. Had planned to stay at La Posada San Francisco but after staying here one night I knew that I didn't want to go up four floors of stairs because the lift is unreliable. The staff was excellent and very accommodating. If anything I wish that I had spend more nights there.

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. The location was a bit sketchy, but workable. No hot water to speak of. A/C was great to have! Good value for the cost overall.

Totally friendly atmosphere!

• 24th May 2014

I had an amazing time here!! I was traveling with a friend and we got the private bunk near the bathroom. All off the staff were so helpful and friendly. One of the best things about this hostel is that when you first meet people it is hard to tell who is staff and who is staying there. Everyone is so friendly, social and willing to share. I felt very welcome and made many new friends. I would go back!!! -Mikayla and Erica

I originally booked two days in case it did not work out. I ended up booking the rest of the week and even fighting myself to leave Palace and come back to Los Angeles! I saw scared because this was my first hostel and I am a lone female traveller. The atmosphere there is SO friendly. I literally made friends for life. I had the most amazing and fun/ny experiences ever! Ryan, who works the front desk, showed us all around San Juan and was one of my best memories there! Perfect central location!

• 13th May 2014

A small hostel with very friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere. Public transportation nearby.

It was exactly how I expected a hostel in Puerto Rico to look like. It wasn't fancy but it worked for what we needed it to. I was a little disappointed that our private room did not have a window that allowed light or air in, but overall it wasn't that big of a deal. The staff was really friendly and was very interested in the things you were going to do or see, and always had great suggestions.

The hostel was fairly average, and I noticed the staff members cleaning bathrooms and replacing hand towels in the washrooms daily. Staff were generally exceptionally helpful and ready to chat about traveling. They were ready to hang out on their off days, and were passionate about travel and work. That being said, the hostel has areas infectiously covered in ants (upstairs bathroom/fridge). Also witnessed staff temper tantrums.That being said, my stay was a positive experience. would go back!

• 24th Apr 2014

Thank you for your comment! We are very glad that your overall stay was positive. We apologize for the ants, the recent rain storms drove them indoors and into our courtyard. We have since done what we can to eradicate them from the property. With respect to the staff issue, it has been addressed and will not occur again in the future. Take care and safe travels!