The Palace Hostel Reviews

666 Calle Suau, San Juan, Puerto Rico

The staff there was very friendly and knowledgeable . Good people to talk to and have a good time.I would stay there again.

This hostel has a great location if you want to party and hit the strip clubs. I would recommend it for this type of stay. The place is pretty ghetto but for the price it makes sense that it is ghetto. The air conditioning is ice cold in the room and the sheets were clean. None of the common areas have AC and the chairs are all semi-broken and uncomfortable. They charge 11.5% extra tax. Bottomline: Strip clubs and drinking: this is your place. Beach and tourism: look elsewhere.

• 12th Sep 2015

This is the best hostel you can choose in San Juan! This is because of unusual atmosphere and amazing young guys who run this place! Cannot imagine stayin' in that city in the other place! Conditions - like in a hostel! ;) it is not that far from the Old San Juan and have its own spirit. Very close to the best Puerto Rican restaurant!

Staff helpful, friendly Went way up and beyond expectations many five star resorts could learn quite a few lessons in customer service as well as courtesy. Very clean very secure felt like visiting family and leaving was so bittersweet as it is when you know you won't see people/friends you will not see for awhile. I must say my daughter and I miss them already!! Dr. S Castillo

• 12th Aug 2015

It was a good place to stay at just a 15 minute walk from the beach and places to eat!

• 4th Aug 2015

very impressed

Far from the centre and not many busses you can take. Close to the lake if you like running or walking. Staff are no locals so not much useless info on how to visit things or what bus tot take... And the kitchen is very small if there are more people...

I guess we got what we paid for when we paid 16 dollars a night per person.. The hostel was on the edge of a nice neighborhood but it was on the wrong side of the edge.. The street that was at the end of the road was filled with homeless people , stray dogs , garbage and hookers everywhere. As 2 young guys we were able to hold our own but it's definitely not a place for a single female traveler at night The hostel itself is VERY basic and in serious need of a makeover.

• 3rd May 2015

This hostel is not in Old San Juan, but I highly recommend its location as you are very close to Santurce, which is the vegetable market during the day and later converts into the best nightlife district of the entire city at night. If you come to San Juan for the nightlife, this place is perfect. Also, it is quite close to some of the municipal beaches. The hostel itself is nothing extraordinary; about as standard as it gets.

A very good hostel. I'd rate this as one of the best I've stayed at. Breakfast would be good.