The Palace Hostel Reviews

666 Calle Suau, San Juan, Puerto Rico

Staff helpful, friendly Went way up and beyond expectations many five star resorts could learn quite a few lessons in customer service as well as courtesy. Very clean very secure felt like visiting family and leaving was so bittersweet as it is when you know you won't see people/friends you will not see for awhile. I must say my daughter and I miss them already!! Dr. S Castillo

• 12th Aug 2015

It was a good place to stay at just a 15 minute walk from the beach and places to eat!

• 4th Aug 2015

very impressed

Far from the centre and not many busses you can take. Close to the lake if you like running or walking. Staff are no locals so not much useless info on how to visit things or what bus tot take... And the kitchen is very small if there are more people...

I guess we got what we paid for when we paid 16 dollars a night per person.. The hostel was on the edge of a nice neighborhood but it was on the wrong side of the edge.. The street that was at the end of the road was filled with homeless people , stray dogs , garbage and hookers everywhere. As 2 young guys we were able to hold our own but it's definitely not a place for a single female traveler at night The hostel itself is VERY basic and in serious need of a makeover.

• 3rd May 2015

This hostel is not in Old San Juan, but I highly recommend its location as you are very close to Santurce, which is the vegetable market during the day and later converts into the best nightlife district of the entire city at night. If you come to San Juan for the nightlife, this place is perfect. Also, it is quite close to some of the municipal beaches. The hostel itself is nothing extraordinary; about as standard as it gets.

A very good hostel. I'd rate this as one of the best I've stayed at. Breakfast would be good.

I stayed in the 6 person bunk room on the 2nd floor. Bedrooms okay but both toilets on the floor weren't working and the one shower barely dripped. Fine for one night but definitely wouldn't spend any extended period of time here.

• 29th Mar 2015

Very pleasant experience and very good for its price.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Spain

No A/C room for the price, too bad

• 26th Mar 2015

I had a wonderful time at the Palace Hostel. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• 18th Mar 2015

You're truly getting what you're not paying for. It's cheap for a reason. No AC makes for long nights. Shady neighborhood after the sun goes down; pros are on the corners. For 1 or 2 nights would be ok more.. Seek elsewhere. Staff was helpful

• 16th Mar 2015

nice room for o good price, cool and helpfull staff, i had very good time staying there

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Poland

I had a great time in this hostel! I've met wonderful people from around the world and the staff is really friendly. If you like meeting people, going out and sharing a great time for your holidays, this is the place to be! Better come with flexible plans, because you'll make new ones with your room mates, to share a car rental and organise cool trips and parties :)

The recepcionists were very nice and friendly, the location of the hostel was also great, only 10minutes from the city centre. The rooms were nice and clean. I was really satisfied with my stay there!

I really enjoyed my stay in this hostel. Very nice atmosphere and helpful staff. Thank you, I would definitely recommend it to everyone!

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Estonia

The staff in the hostel were very nice and very welcoming. The manager was very helpful also. the location is excellent near both the beach and central park with some lovely restaurants and bars. I would definitely recommend to anyone staying in the area!!

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Excellent cleanliness. and great location all round. the manager is very nice and helpful.

This hostel was below my expectations, although to be honest it's my first in Puerto Rico; I usually go to hostels in Europe. The location was sketchy, the lock on the main door was not good, it was fairly clean and I saw how they cleaned the whole thing, but it looks run down, it could use some renovation. The place had an air of abandoned... The staff was friendly and nice, but not outstanding and seemed to be busy or bored.

dirty nasty place in a bad location .. Avoid