The Palace Hostel Reviews

666 Calle Suau, San Juan, Puerto Rico

The owner and the staff were very nice. A staff even walked us to the beach because we didn't know the way.

There was homeless people sleeping across the street. The 10 bunk dorm didn't have air conditioning. Bathrooms were clean beds were comfy. Wouldn't reccommend but it isn't horrible if you're in a pinch.

It's a hostel. Had a blast. If you want a Hilton, there's $300+ a night hotel right down the road.

• 20th Feb 2015

Breakdown of our stay: Staff. Ryan and Co. were friendly hosts although they did not provide much directions or ideas for activities. Location. Enjoyed exploring Miramar - Cleanliness. Unswept floors and gross bathrooms. Our bed sheets had a large red stain upon arrival. - Security. Locked front gate, but the lock for our room barely functioned and could have easily been kicked in w/ enough force. - Noise. Not all guests are here to party. Staff did little to enforce quiet hours

We are sorry to hear of the negative parts of your experience at The Palace Hostel. We are now under new management. We are to focus on customer experience that guests will take the best out of the hostel.

In all my years in youth hostel's around Europe, I've never experience how poorly and mishandle The Palace Hostel. No origination, no responsibility for staff members. I was charged cash only in full because the system was down. I was also woken up from some girl after staying in the same bed for two nights, she claim I was in here bed. The next day I brought it to the person in charge and not much was done. So I packed my bags never to return again!!

• 17th Feb 2015

You have some motivated stuff but generally you should tell some of your stuff maybe not to party loudly till late if the people in the hostel are not interested in it. this would improve the overall quality. Also you should go for some new mattresses and ensure some ventilation in the bathroom. Also some more hints for getting around, maps and stuff like this are quite standard in the most hostels. Your place is cheap but that's all.

• 17th Feb 2015

Thank you for the advice. We are sorry that your experience at The Palace Hostel was not as expected. The hostel is now under new management. Our main focus is guest experience.

This was literally the worse experience of my life. I got in trouble for talking in a group of people on a Saturday night with 15 others, while trying to clean staffs drunken wound.. Tuesday the hostel staff was up SCREAMING & blaring music til 1 am, we had to cancel our tour for the next , costing us. The room I stayed in made me sick. The place was filthy.. and there wasn't even enough toilet paper in the hostel. We left a day early because we couldn't handle the stink, filth, and partying.

• 14th Feb 2015

The staff is particularly inconsiderate of noise.

• 1st Feb 2015

Staff drank on the job all day and partied with loud music til5am despite complaints from customers and non-partying staff. Facilities were often broken or empty (wifi,laundry,hotwater,toiletpaper,creditcard machine) Nobody is in charge of this place. Most staff didnt have training to check a guest into the computer, or provide change for the payment(a 20$)?, The 'manager' works fulltime at another hostel and i guess this is his side gig for an easy few bucks. Transparent and immature. Vad vibes

• 31st Jan 2015

Ran into the Palace Hostel after having a bad time at a different hostel hostel in the San Juan area... I gotta say , it's the definitely the place to be ! Super close to the beach and a really nice market called "La Hacienda " . Had a nice time hanging out with guests from all over the world and the palace staff ... Shout out to my friend Axel from Massachusetts and Iman from Germany ! I hope I can come back to Puerto Rico and stay at the palace once again...cheers!

The hostel was about 10 minutes from the city center and the neighborhood had a cool, local vibe. The hostel itself was nice & mellow, and the staff was really cool & helpful. It was my first time in San Juan & I really felt at home at the Palace. Will definitely stay here again on my next visit.

A+. Great staff plays a big factor, but the atmosphere is what sets the Palace apart. Some people don't want to meet people (and have that choice at the Palace, too), but this hostel seems much more social than any of the others I stayed at in PR. Also, the neighborhood is very cool (in Miramar but directly across street from Santurce). It is real--not touristy at all--but close to the beach and Old San Juan, etc. I came to PR for 4 weeks and ended up staying here for all but 4 nights. Tom

• 11th Jan 2015

The palace hostel proved to be a great place to stay. My first impression was being greeted by good staff and great accomadation. The rooms, bathrooms, and common areas were clean and nice. The staff were friendly and helped out with anything i asked. This place was amazing.

Diego is great!

• 7th Jan 2015

Fixed my booking problems promptly, amazing.

Places is dangerous and the atmosphere is toxic because of an unhappy manager named Diego. No one likes him who stays there because he mistreats them. All of the other staff are incredible and amazing people. Saw some wild stuff go down there. The manager Diego left no one on shifts at times and some of us came back to find a girl in the bathtub naked, passed out drunk with puke all over her, and the shower had been running for who knows how long. Plus there was even a broken bottle in there....

We made an additional 4 day reservation and one of the workers cancelled the reservation on us without us telling them to do so. So when we went to check in they told us that our reservation has been cancelled very disappointing!

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Mexico

Dirty, a lot of rusted stuff, super bad administration, not helpful staff, expensive for what you get. 55$ per night for a private room with a shared bathroom. The usual reaction I get from some people when I say I will stay in a hostel is usually a bad one, mainly with hygene concerns. I have stayed in around 8 different hostels in other countries and never had a problem. But for the first time, I felt bad and uncorfortable, this place really gives a bad reputation to the concept of a hostel.

It was a first time in a Hostel for me and I really enjoyed my stay at Palace. Meeting new people, clean linens and knowledgeable staff made for a great time in San Juan.

• 23rd Dec 2014

Horrible staff, very immature and I found a pedophile masterbating in my room at 0600 in the morning!

• 22nd Dec 2014

Dear guest, We sorry to hear of your experience at our hostel. For the comfort of other guests, troublesome guests are removed from our property in the unlikely situation of difficulties. Our guests comfort is of utmost importance to us. For this reason we abide by common hostel rules, setting age limit, and a strict no drugs policy.