The Palace Hostel Reviews

666 Calle Suau, San Juan, Puerto Rico

I liked the hostel overall. The one thing I noted was that there weren't enough hooks (for hanging clothing/towels) in the rooms and there were no shelves or cubbies in the rooms so that things could be stored off of the floor.

• 16th Nov 2014

2nd time staying here - still a great place. Extremely friendly staff, clean rooms, location is great - 20 min walk to the beach, 5 min to super market, 10 to a walmart. This is the best hostel to meet people if you are traveling alone.

Place felt dirty to me and was a little scary going to this place at night as it is down some back ally

The only problem is cleanliness. We (3 of us) stayed in a 6 person dorm. We only had 1 other person in the dorm with us which left 5 other beds to choose from. Which would have been great except 3 of those beds were clearly never cleaned after the last people left (sandy, stained, bed not made ect.) The bathroom was not extremely clean but what you could expect for a hostel. Also I wouldnt go walking around the neighborhood at night very dangerous! Besides these set backs everything was good.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Wales

Had an amazing time, with all amazing staff! such a wonderful atmosphere, i really enjoyed every moment, THANK YOU!!!!!

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Hungary

Awesome hostel!Will be back....thanks guys

Chill hostel, very friendly staff and very accommodating. Great atmosphere and great location. Miramar is place to be in San Juan.

This hostel was terrible. The staff knew absolutely nothing about Puerto Rico so couldn't give us any tips on what to see and do, we stayed our 3 nights and got out of there. One of the things that shocked me the most was that we asked for some help turning the tv on, they didn't even know how to do that! I would definitely recommend staying anywhere else - the Posada San Francisco hostel was awesome :-)

This hostel is incredibly social. I had a mojhito pushed into my hand within minutes of checking in! You really do meet people so easily at this place. It's a bit run down, but that kinda goes with the theme of Puerto Rico! Location is a bit out of the way, but the area is very safe and within walking distance of the bus stop. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Great place for me to end my trip. Had planned to stay at La Posada San Francisco but after staying here one night I knew that I didn't want to go up four floors of stairs because the lift is unreliable. The staff was excellent and very accommodating. If anything I wish that I had spend more nights there.