The Palms Backpackers Reviews

23 Hughes St, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

Friendly staff and atmosphere. I slept in a 10 bed room, with the bathroom inside (which is nice, it's handy to have it close), it's clearly an old building, but at least its kept clean (I saw them cleaning once/twice a day!!). The position is good, 20 mins walking to the Opera House and 2 mins far away from kings cross station. The only thing? Cockroaches.

The Palms Backpacker is a cheap but quite nice one. Breakfast is included, which is not that usual in backpackers. It is nicely situated in a quiet street but within very reasonable distance from The Domain, where you can chill out peacefully. Good value for your money! ;)

This hostel was an awesome find in Kings Cross. The wi-fi was good, there was free breakfast and the staff was friendly. I am personally not a fan of en-suite bathrooms as they seem to get dirty faster, but the rest of the hostel was clean and comfortable. A lot of long-term guests, so the dorms were a little cramped, but overall we enjoyed our stay and felt very welcomed. We would definitely recommend this hostel!

Perfect Hostel - nice people, nice staff and amazing atmosphere! Sure to stay there again if I will be back in Sydney! Breakfast included and tea/coffee all day, very clean kitchen and with everything you need, people + staff very friendly and made the stay amazing!

I didnt stay at the Palms, I went in two weeks before my booking and talked to a boy behind the desk telling him im not comming, he seemed very freindly and told me it was all sorted. then two weeks later i get an email saying that they will still charge me for one nights stay due to not letting them know i wasnt comming. i wrote back an e-mail trying to explain that i shouldnt be charged due to having physically gone into the hostel to inform them, but i never got a reply!!!

My friend and I had a lovely stay at The Palms Backpackers. It was slightly difficult to find at first, but the staff was nice and we were very close to Kings Cross Station. They overbooked the room we were initially supposed to stay in, so they upgraded us to a 4 person bed room, which was awesome. We didn't hang out in the hostel for very long, but overall it was a lovely stay.

Very attentive and friendly staff!

Great place, really chilled out vibe everyone was really friendly and laid back. Receptionist was great, really accommodating. Maybe a bath mat in the en suite shower ten people and one shower leaves a very wet floor! But apart from that it was stellar, free wifi, free brekkie and good company!

The Palms is a really great hostel to stay in. It is clean and fairly quiet and the staff is super-friendly, especially Tiago!

• 16th May 2015
  • Estonia

Make sure you are not an Australian resident when booking a stay here. I booked, then was told 24 hours later that I cannot stay here. Maybe specify that beforehand.