The Palms Backpackers Reviews

23 Hughes St, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

Really bad smelling dorm because of the sweat/maybe-I-don't-wanna-know-what-exactly soaked carpet. Unfriendly staff. I saw somebody clean, but I don't what it was. Impossible she cleanes the toilets because they were still gross after.

The kitchen could be a little more clean and tiny, because there wasn't that much people, but in general, really good place.

I spent some great time in Palms, the team is very kind and available if you need something! The hostel is agreable and comfortable ! The location is just next to the train station, so when you are completely full with your stuff, no worries! The kitchen is very clean and you have all you need! Thank you very much guys! See you

• 11th Aug 2015

The dorm room I was in continuously had the door wedged open with a bed roll day and night. Whenever I removed the roll and closed/locked the door, it would be wedged open again the instant I left. Whats the use of having a door key and paying a bond if the room is never closed.

Great place! Amazing enviroment, funny staf. Kitchen open 24/7

Really nice people! I very much enjoyed staying at the hostel

• 3rd Aug 2015

Friendly staff and atmosphere. I slept in a 10 bed room, with the bathroom inside (which is nice, it's handy to have it close), it's clearly an old building, but at least its kept clean (I saw them cleaning once/twice a day!!). The position is good, 20 mins walking to the Opera House and 2 mins far away from kings cross station. The only thing? Cockroaches.

The Palms Backpacker is a cheap but quite nice one. Breakfast is included, which is not that usual in backpackers. It is nicely situated in a quiet street but within very reasonable distance from The Domain, where you can chill out peacefully. Good value for your money! ;)

This hostel was an awesome find in Kings Cross. The wi-fi was good, there was free breakfast and the staff was friendly. I am personally not a fan of en-suite bathrooms as they seem to get dirty faster, but the rest of the hostel was clean and comfortable. A lot of long-term guests, so the dorms were a little cramped, but overall we enjoyed our stay and felt very welcomed. We would definitely recommend this hostel!

Perfect Hostel - nice people, nice staff and amazing atmosphere! Sure to stay there again if I will be back in Sydney! Breakfast included and tea/coffee all day, very clean kitchen and with everything you need, people + staff very friendly and made the stay amazing!

I didnt stay at the Palms, I went in two weeks before my booking and talked to a boy behind the desk telling him im not comming, he seemed very freindly and told me it was all sorted. then two weeks later i get an email saying that they will still charge me for one nights stay due to not letting them know i wasnt comming. i wrote back an e-mail trying to explain that i shouldnt be charged due to having physically gone into the hostel to inform them, but i never got a reply!!!

My friend and I had a lovely stay at The Palms Backpackers. It was slightly difficult to find at first, but the staff was nice and we were very close to Kings Cross Station. They overbooked the room we were initially supposed to stay in, so they upgraded us to a 4 person bed room, which was awesome. We didn't hang out in the hostel for very long, but overall it was a lovely stay.

Very attentive and friendly staff!

Great place, really chilled out vibe everyone was really friendly and laid back. Receptionist was great, really accommodating. Maybe a bath mat in the en suite shower ten people and one shower leaves a very wet floor! But apart from that it was stellar, free wifi, free brekkie and good company!

The Palms is a really great hostel to stay in. It is clean and fairly quiet and the staff is super-friendly, especially Tiago!

• 16th May 2015
  • Estonia

Make sure you are not an Australian resident when booking a stay here. I booked, then was told 24 hours later that I cannot stay here. Maybe specify that beforehand.