The Palms Backpackers Reviews

23 Hughes St, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

If you think rugged hostels have more personality and character, enjoy second hand pot smoke, aren't especially concerned about cleanliness, don't have a problem walking down poorly lit streets in Kings Cross, and are looking for a value, this is the place to stay. I definitely see how it appeals to younger men backpacking and just looking for fun. Please do not mistake this for a working hostel. INTERNET LIMIT 25 kb. So if you like streaming Netflix, not your place.

Friendly staff. Good clean rooms with ensuite bathroom and mini fridge. Despite being in Kings Cross, I felt perfectly safe - it is just beside the station and lots of other backpacker hostels around. 10-15 minute walk in the CBD.

Only GERMAN backpackers with pretty rude manners and behaviour!I couldn't enjoy my stay and use the facilities properly,it was uncomfortable to find stability in this hostel!!

Great staff. Wifi and free basic breakfast were a fantastic perk. It's a bit rundown, but to be expected for the price.

Had a good time at this hostel. Friendly staff, nice atmosphere. The bathroom was a bit messy. But excellent value for money!

I should of sleepd on the street. They tried to make use pay more. The room was unclean and I was cleaner before I went in the bathroom

Hi, Sorry to hear you didn't love our hostel! If one of our staff really really tried to make you pay extra I would very much like to hear that story! Please contact me on the hostel email address or phone number. Daniel (Manager of The Palms Backpackers)

Despite Hostelworld.com stuffing up every single reservation during our travels, Franzi from The Palms was very accomodating and did everything she could to help us sort it out, including making sure we could sleep in the same dorm together and did not have to change rooms halfway through our stay. The staff are all easy-going, respectful and helpful. The hostel has a good atmosphere, quiet at times and busy at others, with the right balance between the social and private moments.

• 1st Aug 2014