The Palms Backpackers

7.4
Very Good 296 Total Reviews

• South Korea, Female, 18-24
30th Jan 2017

I stayed there with special price. For me it was totally worth it, only except it was a really hot day and there's no AC. Survived with only one fan in the room and the mosquitoes came through the window and attacked me all night long. Apart from that, it's really nice place. Friendly staffs, good facilities, and the bathroom in the room!

21st Jan 2017
7.1

Pros: free breakfast with toast and peanut butter, social atmosphere, close to Woolies and train station, very affordable for Sydney. Cons: almost all long term guests, most who work for the hostel for accommodation so no full time staff. As a result, nothing ever gets done very well. Cockroaches in room, dirty bathrooms. Facilities could use an upgrade.

• Norway, Female, 18-24
19th Jan 2017
8.0

The atmosphere and staff makes up for the rest that isn't always perfect. Easy to meet new people and even those who stay for longer are just as easy to get to know as the rest. Make sure you find the shower that actually works!!

3rd Oct 2016
4.3

On my first day, 2 of the other roommates wanted my bed and gave me some troubles with their attitudes. 2nd day : I get back to the place to find someone has stolen my food in the fridge. The rat! From there on I just kept it to myself. To be honest other than that, most of the other guys were actually very friendly. But be warned : Its very messy, looks like a squat, Hippie/ party atmosphere, some lockers are broken so not enough 4 everyone. most of the guest were enjoying themselves though...

• Germany, Female, 18-24
25th Sep 2016

Great small hostel with a very relaxed and welcoming atmosphere, friendly staff and cool people. Many long term stays so maybe not the right place to stay for one or two nights only. But after a few days it really felt like home to me! Thanks Anna, I'll come back :)