The Palms Backpackers Reviews

23 Hughes St, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

Friendly staff. Good clean rooms with ensuite bathroom and mini fridge. Despite being in Kings Cross, I felt perfectly safe - it is just beside the station and lots of other backpacker hostels around. 10-15 minute walk in the CBD.

Only GERMAN backpackers with pretty rude manners and behaviour!I couldn't enjoy my stay and use the facilities properly,it was uncomfortable to find stability in this hostel!!

Had a good time at this hostel. Friendly staff, nice atmosphere. The bathroom was a bit messy. But excellent value for money!

I should of sleepd on the street. They tried to make use pay more. The room was unclean and I was cleaner before I went in the bathroom

Hi, Sorry to hear you didn't love our hostel! If one of our staff really really tried to make you pay extra I would very much like to hear that story! Please contact me on the hostel email address or phone number. Daniel (Manager of The Palms Backpackers)

Despite Hostelworld.com stuffing up every single reservation during our travels, Franzi from The Palms was very accomodating and did everything she could to help us sort it out, including making sure we could sleep in the same dorm together and did not have to change rooms halfway through our stay. The staff are all easy-going, respectful and helpful. The hostel has a good atmosphere, quiet at times and busy at others, with the right balance between the social and private moments.

• 1st Aug 2014

i have stayed 5 hostels in sydney and this is the best ever. really enjoyed. very friendly helpful staffs. they clean well everyday. ppl there are kind, comfortable room, nice fully equipped kichen, and clean as well. i strongly recommend this hostel to other fellows and definately come again. thank you

very friendly staff, a lot of people working for accomodation. kitchen was nice and clean. room was cleaned every day. we stayed in a four bed dorm and had our own bathrooom with a shower and our own small fridge. a little hard to find because there was no light on the sign, some nice cafes, bars, restaurants and markets in the area but a bit of a walk to the city centre. all in all pretty good. I would stay there again.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Norway

Don't stay here

I had a comfortable time at The Palms. I was surprised to get a good service, comfortable & clean accommodation & fairly normal disturbances at night and weekends for a great rate. Highlight was that the ensuite bathroom at my 4 bed dorm was always clean and the hot water was very stable!

• 30th Jun 2014

Very possibly one of the nicest places in Kings Cross. Clean and comfortable rooms and each room has it's own bathroom. Very well equipped kitchen also. Close to Kings Cross railway station.

Good hostel, calm, nice staff and people. Very close to the city center. Cheap

• 2nd Jun 2014