The Philadelphia House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

Perfect friendly staff, perfect place and facility. So far the best hostel in US. Amazing place to stay for so little money.

II would definitely recommend this great little Hostel. It may be small, but its full of character, and there is always something going on. The communal area is also great for just chilling or getting to know your fellow travellers. The staff were friendly and helpful and made a real effort to make everyone feel welcome.

The staff are really lovely and the location is great. The facilities aren't the best. Not enough for the number of guests (especially with one out of order which should be sorted as a matter of urgency! ). Our room was so small that it made the stay unpleasant. Take ear plugs! The atmosphere is excellent but don't expect to sleep without them. Overrall I wouldn't go back in a hurry.

I wish I stayed a couple more days, but I couldn't. Everything was great about this hostel. Just a couple of hangups: Some of the staff try to pressure into going to pub crawls. I'm not a drinker, so I was annoyed. The rest of the staff was helpful, informative and really tries to get to know you. The location is great, albeit a little hard to find initially. No breakfast, but good places nearby. Had to take off shoes and it smelled like feet where u had to leave them. But i'd stay here again.

Everything is nice here, especially the staff! Ppl there are nice and easygoing. Can't ask for more than this.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

As a female travelling on my own I would highly recommend staying at the Philadelphia House. Staff were welcoming and friendly. I had a great time, thanks!

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Scotland

The Hostel is excellent, the staff pay great detail In your stay and do whatever they can to make sure your stay in Philly is amazing. They spend time going through maps and showing you places of interest which is really helpful. The hostel is tiny but this adds to the atmosphere it has, if it's your first time staying in a hostel it definitely won't be your last. Everyone that stays here is friendly and gets chatting because the place is so welcoming.

• 14th Aug 2014

Great hostel. Good location, homely and welcoming with great staff.

Loved my stay here. I met many fun people here, not least the staff who were helpful, friendly, relaxed and showed me a really good time. The hostel organised stuff to do for nearly every night, but chilling in the lounge was almost always the most fun, with constant guests/staff to hang out with. The place was clean, bright, safe and well located in the historic city. It is also a small hostel and so filled up quick with some unlucky arrivers being turned away- so book ahead in peak time!

• 12th Aug 2014

Change nothing, everything was perfect. You are all awesome.

Best location, so close to everything! Staff is very very friendly, helpful and have a lot of fun theirselves, too. To be recommended!

Incredibly friendly staff and amicable atmosphere - felt like a close knit group of people instead of a group of individuals! Great location too!

3 of us stayed at The Philadelphia House for one night and we wish we could have stayed for longer. It was without doubt the best hostel that any of us had ever stayed in with staff that were absolutely incredible. We were greeted by an amazing team who were very helpful and fun as we all hung out and jammed on the various instruments in the hostel, I can't praise the Philadelphia House enough, when I return or if I know anyone going to Philly I will insist that they stay at this awesome hostel!

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

The best hostel during my travel this year in America. The hostel is very clean, staff is so nice and show me lots of fun places. It is just located in old town so the famous historicals just in walk distance. Highly recommendation!

Great hostel, amazing staff, wish I'd stayed another night!

• 8th Aug 2014

Absolutely loved this place! The staff is the best! Can't wait to go back.

This hostel was great! Great location in the center of the city, great staff who were very helpful and very friendly. The place is really clean and the facilities are well kept and comfortable . The overall mood of the place is just fantastic!

• 7th Aug 2014

This has been the most pleasent stay on my 2 week trip! Stay as you are!

• 6th Aug 2014

The best USA hostel we have stayed in so far. Staff were very welcoming and went to great lengths to make sure you were enjoying your stay and getting the most out of the city. The amenities are awesome, free WiFi and lots of free entertainment facilities to use. The hostel is very clean and I would highly recommend this place to friends. Thanks to the staff for helping to make our stay in Philly so good!

Ash and I had an amazing time staying at the Philadelphia House recently. It really was like a home away from home; everyone was so friendly, the bar crawl was really fun (not so fun the next day however..... Ugh) hehe! We loved it!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7