The Philadelphia House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

I love the Philadelphia House! Thanks to all for making it feel like home.

• 14th Oct 2014

Most amazing stay we could have possibly asked for! Teron and Michelle were more than welcoming. Teron instantly became our friend, almost as if we had our own personal tour guide. The hostel makes you feel like you are part of a family. I would recommend it too anyone planning a trip to Philadelphia!

• 11th Oct 2014

This place is to hostels what Training Day is to Denzel Washington movies. Generally just awesome, and guaranteed to be filled with memorable moments. But with less drug use. And violence. If you go on a weekend, take part in a pub crawl. Chill in the common area. Make friends. Behold this bastion of friendliness and general love in the heart of all the parts of Philly you came to see anyways.

• 10th Oct 2014

Great location and atmosphere! The staff were really friendly and know how to have a good time! The pub crawls were a great way to meet new people..

• 10th Oct 2014

Very friendly and welcoming staff, excellent location and really well-equipped facility. All for a very reasonable price. So, all in all, everything a good hostel should be!

• 10th Oct 2014

This place is a converted house so staying here is like sleeping at a friends place, it feels really homey. 20 beds, 3 showers and 3 toilets, almost never had to wait. There's always someone around if you need to ask any questions and the staff are genuinely nice and really helpful and they are always cleaning so the whole place is generally spotless. Only downside of my stay: I could feel all the springs in my mattress - not pleasant but I felt the other beds are they were nice.

This was definitely the best hostel on my trip to the U.S.!! The staff was awesome and the atmosphere excellent - everything was just great!

This is a great place with an amazing atmosphere.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Colombia

Wonderful quiet location near everything. Staff were super friendly and had great ideas for any questions. The place feels like a clean friendly share house. Awesome spot.

I loved Philly and I loved this Hostel,. Theirs only 20 or so beds and you have to take your shoes off at the doors, so it feels more like going to a mates house than staying at a hostel. The common area was great with plenty to do, and the activities arranged by the staff were good to! Another bathroom would have been nice, but the one s there were clean and good quality. The staff were helpful and friendly, especially Nikki, Austin and Paul, make sure they take you out for some citywides!

The staff are absolutely outstanding and make this place feel very welcoming and homely! They seem invested in getting to know you. There are regular activities on like game night and pub crawls. Even though it is a small hostel, there is a good number of bathrooms. Great location. Security wasn't a huge issue: there are no locks on bedrooms but there are lockers (BYO lock)! Thanks to everyone (staff and fellow roomies) for a great week! Dani from Australia

• 7th Oct 2014

I had a blast in Philly and probably the most likely reason was staying at this hostel. The people you meet when traveling can really be the difference between enjoying a city and wanting to leave. It was hard to leave...special shout out to Teron, Paul, Nikki and Austin...those guys rocked the house and made my visit to Philly an awesome one. Thanks guys...I promise should I ever return The Philadelphia House will be my first destination! Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner...xx

Staff was super friendly and very helpful! The hostel is super cosy and allows uou to meet people very easily. They also organised a lot of stuff like Guided tours, movie night, game night, pub crawls, .. I also heard that they'll open on a second location very nearby, which to me made perfect sense since they manage their first location so well. I'd recommend this hostel to anyone!. Really the best way to explain is that this was the first hostel that felt like a real home!!

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

Great atmosphere and very nice people

Because the hostel is not that big and the staff is super friendly, it really gives the impression that you are in a second home.

• 5th Oct 2014

The best hostel! The staff it's awesome! Victoria, Nikki, Ramon, Austin.. I have the best days in USA!

Amazing place to be. Everyone is so fun and helpful. Theres a big kitchen and lounge space and always a fun atmosphere. The staff organise daily activities from walking tours to watchimg football on the park. Close to the liberty bell site and the Phlash bus route, a good way to explore the city. 2mins from local 7/11, 10mins to bus station. Would happily stay here again!! :D

Wouldn't stay here again considering the amount of choice in Philadelphia. I found the staff abrupt and lacking basic customer service skills (one of many examples was I was asked to move seat whilst having a cup of tea because I was blocking his view of the television!). The room itself was fine, bed comfy enough and clean. Shower was cold and cramped. I've stayed in 100s of hostels around the world- worked and even lived in them. This place has netflix and games but the basics go wanting......

• 4th Oct 2014

Best hostel I ever stay friendly people nice service very clean awesome atmosphere 100% fun

• 4th Oct 2014

I spent 2 night at the Philadelphia House and I had such a great time! The staff was really helpful and the pubcrawl was fun too.I would stay there again! Ps: I hope Reggie is in good care :D ;)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7