The Philadelphia House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

I had a superb stay at the Philadelphia House. Everyone was welcoming, the beds were comfortable, and the facilities were clean and well kept. 10/10, would absolutely recommend

• 9th Apr 2014

We only stayed there shortly, but the very nice and helpful staff made it very enjoyable. It's a small hostel with a homely atmosphere and an excellent location in Philly. There are lots of bars and shops in the neighbourhood. The only thing that isn't that perfect is that there were only three bathrooms for all, which could be very busy in the morning.

• 4th Apr 2014

this place is, simply put, amazing. their hospitality, friendliness, amiability are all through the roof. the people staying there were very friendly as well, and i had some great conversations. i'm usually relatively introverted and quiet, but the friendliness was infectious. i just wish i could have stayed longer as i came to philly during a busy weekend. if i come back i'm DEFINITELY staying at philadelphia house. there's no better hostel.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Singapore

The staff was very helpful and friendly, explaining sites to see, etc. When I arrived we had a booking miscommunication and they were able to resolve it with a situation much to my satisfaction and without anyone getting upset. The only negative was the mattress was so uncomfortable--the springs were poking my back. The only not "excellent" scorings are: security--not enough lockers to go around, and facilities--carpet in the kitchen. Everything else fantastic and I would highly recommend!

Lovely place!

• 1st Apr 2014
  • China

Very friendly ppl and overall really nice place to stay!

• 26th Mar 2014

I had a really god time at the hostel, people and staff were so nice. I would recommend this place to anybody that is going to Phili.

Best hostel ever. I strongly recommend it

• Spain

I've stayed in a number of hostels in the US, and of them all, this has been my favorite. While I'm not a big fan of guided tours normally, the tour provided by the manager guy who's name I am blanking on was amazing. Nice guy, hilarious, and knows his stuff in a way that is inspired by genuine interest.

• 26th Mar 2014

Best hostel I've ever been yet! The staff treats you like a familymember and the city center isn't far away. Thanks guys!!!

• 25th Mar 2014

The location is amazing; it's right in the middle of the old city. Towels, wifi, tea, and coffee were included which was nice. You aren't allowed to wear shoes in the hostel, which was a little weird, but does help keep things clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the hostel was very social as well. There were only a few bathrooms though, so the morning rush lasts a couple hours. Individual rooms didn't lock and there are no lockers available, only open cubbies under a camera.

The staff were friendly and helpfull.

• 23rd Mar 2014

I spent only 1 day there but everything, like staff, location, cleanliness made me want to stay there more. Staffs are really helpful and friendly, and they keep cleaning inside. The location is really close to the old city. It's within walking distance to most of the important spot if you like walking:). I definitely will stay there again if I have a chance to visit Philly again:)

A friend and I were staying at the Philadelphia House over the weekend. We had a great time and immediately felt at home. The staff is super nice and very helpfull. We were supposed to check out at 11 on Sunday morning but could deposit our bags for the whole day. That way we could do one more day of sightseeing without carrying our stuff around. Awesome! All the rooms were very clean and cared for. Great experience! Thank you.

• 22nd Mar 2014

Great location. Great people. Great hostel. Safe and laid back atmosphere. Smaller place so everyone gets to know everyone which is awesome. Safe part of town that's very close walking distance to city center. All the people there are rad, especially Austin! Dude's a rockstar! Highly recommend this place if you're visiting philly!

We couldn't find it at first, walked all the way around it but when we got there it felt like coming home! It's a very cute little place, we didn't have a lot of space in our 4-bed-bedroom but we weren't in there a lot anyway. Very friendly and nice people there! They had a lot of tips about what we should do! Activities at night sounded really good, we couldn't join them though since we had tickets for icehockey and we were underage.

Staying at this hostel was a pretty great experience. The location is awesome, you can't get much closer to the main sights. The hostel is extremely clean -- the cleanest I've ever stayed in, and I've been to my fair share of hostels. The sinks and bathrooms are set up efficiently so that you don't have to wait around to get ready in the morning. And they have a comfy hang out area in the front where you can just chill out. It was a bit pricey as far as hostels go, but worth it.

• 18th Mar 2014

small hostel, nice staff! Great events. Join the potluck , STERLING IS A GREAT CHEF!

One of the best i've ever been

• 16th Mar 2014

The staff pays close attention to your stay and provide real good advices for the sightseeings. It's a small house and it feels more like a common-house. Good benefits : you feel like at home and the ambiance is really friendly, easy to speak with other people. The staff organizes good entertainments. The other side : the Dorms are small and the wall are thin, so not really quiet sometimes. The beds are comfy but squealing. But for the price and the excellent location, that's not a big deal !

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7