The Philadelphia House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

I was very impressed with the staff at the Philadelphia House. Everyone was incredibly friendly and made me feel at home. The atmosphere is very comfortable and there was always something going on for entertainment.

• 12th Sep 2014

Philadelphia house was definitely a highlight of my trip to Philly. Nicely sized so it still felt personal. Facilities were very clean. Nice common area with people always around if you are looking for something to do. It is also right in the center of it, with any attraction you'd be interested in seeing a short walk/metro ride away. I'll definitely be visiting again the next time I'm in Philly. -Patrick (boston)

• 11th Sep 2014

Very cool hostel and really clean, staff are so friendly and helpful too and always have something on to do, enjoyed my time there and will defintely be back again, thanks to all the staff, aidan

• 10th Sep 2014

A very good and clean hostel located in downtown Philadelphia. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They gave us some good insider tips on where to go, what to do and how to get around. Unfortunately, the lockers are not in the rooms and there is no breakfast included. However, the kitchen is big and the whole hostel is very nicely furnished. We had a great time in Philly and we would certainly recommend the hostel!

Great place to stay! Staff are welcoming, good activities and nice place just to chill out.

Great little hostel this defo recommend this hostel! Great security and the staff were amazing and the no shoe policy I think is a great idea because it makes it feel a lot more cosy and roomy but the only down side about the hostel is that half of the people living there are members of staff so there are a lot of Americans instead of meeting other people from all around the world but all in all i had a great time

One of the best hostels I've stayed in across my travels in Europe and North America. It felt like I was staying at a friends house, because everything was available for me to use and I was treated so well. Staff were brilliant. Location perfect. Only flaw is lockers (which are not in dorms, but that doesnt bother me) are a bit small. Other than that, I'm tempted to return to the city just for the hostel!

It's a very nice hostal, the staff are friendly, the room is clean and the location is perfect.

This was my second time at Philadelphia House and it was even better than the first. If you book there and people ask why you're going to Philly you can tell them you're there to see friends; and you'll be right, even if you don't know it yet. Friday night pub crawl is not to be missed - go have a Citywide with cool folks from all over the globe. Danny, Joanne, Rosanna, Austin, Alysha, Ramon, Teron, and the girl with the long-distance boyfriend who made toast on the late shift - Miss you already

This is without doubt the best hostel I've stayed at in the US. Why? Cause it's not a HI hostel. This place actually makes you feel part of the community. Staff are top notch. Very helpful and very friendly. Hostels a great place to start your adventure in Philly or to just take it easy and chill. Philly was one of the highlights of my trip and this hostel helped make it. If I ever find myself in that part of the country I will definitely stay here again!

Small hostel, but it is clean and the staff is very friendly. Good location. It may be difficult to locate the first time since there is no sign outside the building.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. They were very accommodating in helping me figure out which Philadelphia landmarks to see and which ones were overrated. No curfews so you can go in and out as you please, just be courteous of the other people staying at the hostel. You share your room with other travelers and the beds are in a bunk bed set up which can be annoying if you happened to get placed on the top. Aside from that this was a really cool place with a very welcoming atmosphere.

• 4th Sep 2014

The Philadelphia House is incredible, there's no point staying anywhere else in the city. I felt welcomed from the moment I arrived and the staff do a fantastic job of bringing everyone together and making you feel at ease. We had local tours, game nights and socials everyday. I highly recommend a visit.

• 3rd Sep 2014

Awesome place to stay, we both wish we'd stayed longer. If you're visiting Philly, don't stay anywhere else. Awesome staff, great atmosphere and an owner that is passionate about building a positive hostelling culture and about his city. Shout out to Danny, legend!

Perfect place, felt safe and was a great stay and great people

• 31st Aug 2014

Very friendly and helpfull staff!

Staff members were friendly and helpful. They were accommodating to our needs and when we needed tips where to go. The whole hostel was clean and had a friendly and relaxed vibe to it. We had a good stay.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Philippines

Even when I arrived at 5 a.m. I could already check in and everyone was super friendly. I really enjoyed to stay at the Philadelphia House.

• 30th Aug 2014

Staff were very friendly and helpful. The beds were also far comfier than your usual hostel-standard and the bathrooms were very clean. I would have appreciated a laundry facility. The kitchen was definitely amongst the best I've experienced compared to other hostels; however, the others also provided a free, basic breakfast which I would have appreciated here, especially considering it's a fairly pricey hostel. The (paid-for) cooked breakfast was great though. A great location.

• 29th Aug 2014

This was by far the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in. It's quite small which actually gives it a really cool atmosphere - it's actually like being in a big house with a bunch of people. The beds were very comfortable especially for bunks. The staff were amazing, friendly and helpful and so fun! I highly recommend staying here and would absolutely stay again if in the area!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7