The Philadelphia House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

The air system was broken, so hot air was being pumped in the entire night, all weekend

• 21st Nov 2014

Great staff!

• 20th Nov 2014

Very nice welcome, staff helped us a lot with tips for a sightseeing and food spots in the city!

Thanks guys for the excellent stay! You were awesome!! Vinicius and Mel

Thanks for a comfortable stay

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

Wonderful people that make you feel at home

Best place to stay in Philly. Fun, affordable, great staff.

• 6th Nov 2014

Staff is just amazing. I have never stayed in a hostel for one night and actually remembered the named of the staff the next. But here the environment was so awesome and we hung out and talked so much in one day that I remember most of these guys. Alysha, Austin, Ramon, Nikki and Emily, thank you so much! They plan activities everyday so I actually want to come back to philly just to hang out more at the hostel a little longer

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Pakistan

Friendly staff and warm atmosphere :)

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Finland

What a warm and inviting place to stay while in the area. Friendly, outgoing staff make you feel welcome. I stayed for a week while my wife was in the hospital, my first experience in a hostel. I was apprehensive before the week but after the first night always felt like I was coming home each evening to friends. Clean, comfortable, functional and homey. Thanks to all from Dennis.

• 3rd Nov 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Philadelphia House. The facilities were clean and nice, it was in a great location, and the staff was incredibly friendly and welcoming. I would definitely stay again, and highly recommend it to anyone traveling to Philadelphia.

• 31st Oct 2014

The hostel is located just in the city center and the staff is nice and helpful. However, the facilities are not as good as they could be. There are no lockers in the bedroom and the ones available in the common area are so small that it is impossible to fit even a small backpack. Beds are quite uncomfortable and bathrooms should be improved. I think that there are better options for the same price and also in the city center

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Spain

Nice hostel but a little cramped.

Amazing place, amazing people.

• 30th Oct 2014

Very great hostel with fun and quirky staff. Loved my stay there and it does seem very safe --like staying with a family. Clean and bright hostel. BUT please get your blue bin! Recycle! Please!!!! You know who I am.

Super hostel! Cozy place, inside a house, nice staff, kitchen available, with free coffee and tea, safe and located in teh old city, not to mention the price! The best hostel I've slept in...

Staff were very friendly and went out of their way to be helpful, give advice and organise social activities. Also couldn't fault the hostel for cleanliness and facilities. I always prefer dorms with locks on the doors but given the hostel was so small (20 ish beds) and friendly and there was free secure storage for valuables (so long as u take your own padlock) i felt comfortable with this.

The staff was awesome :)

Honestly, the most fun I've ever had staying at a hostel. I've stayed in a lot of hostels where people just keep to themselves in the common areas, but this hostel had far more of a social atmosphere. Staying here really made my trip to Philly exceed the expectations I had when I made my plans to visit. 100% would stay here again.

• 26th Oct 2014

From a French senior backpacker. Very friendly staff and atmosphère. The best location in Philadelphie. Marc

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7