The Philadelphia House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

Staff is just amazing. I have never stayed in a hostel for one night and actually remembered the named of the staff the next. But here the environment was so awesome and we hung out and talked so much in one day that I remember most of these guys. Alysha, Austin, Ramon, Nikki and Emily, thank you so much! They plan activities everyday so I actually want to come back to philly just to hang out more at the hostel a little longer

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Pakistan

Honestly probably the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The combination of location, atmosphere, and especially the wonderful staff made my stay completely unforgettable. This is the best way to experience Philadelphia.

• 3rd Nov 2014

Friendly staff and warm atmosphere :)

• Finland

What a warm and inviting place to stay while in the area. Friendly, outgoing staff make you feel welcome. I stayed for a week while my wife was in the hospital, my first experience in a hostel. I was apprehensive before the week but after the first night always felt like I was coming home each evening to friends. Clean, comfortable, functional and homey. Thanks to all from Dennis.

• 3rd Nov 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Philadelphia House. The facilities were clean and nice, it was in a great location, and the staff was incredibly friendly and welcoming. I would definitely stay again, and highly recommend it to anyone traveling to Philadelphia.

• 31st Oct 2014

The hostel is located just in the city center and the staff is nice and helpful. However, the facilities are not as good as they could be. There are no lockers in the bedroom and the ones available in the common area are so small that it is impossible to fit even a small backpack. Beds are quite uncomfortable and bathrooms should be improved. I think that there are better options for the same price and also in the city center

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Spain

Nice hostel but a little cramped.

Amazing place, amazing people.

• 30th Oct 2014

Very great hostel with fun and quirky staff. Loved my stay there and it does seem very safe --like staying with a family. Clean and bright hostel. BUT please get your blue bin! Recycle! Please!!!! You know who I am.

Super hostel! Cozy place, inside a house, nice staff, kitchen available, with free coffee and tea, safe and located in teh old city, not to mention the price! The best hostel I've slept in...

Staff were very friendly and went out of their way to be helpful, give advice and organise social activities. Also couldn't fault the hostel for cleanliness and facilities. I always prefer dorms with locks on the doors but given the hostel was so small (20 ish beds) and friendly and there was free secure storage for valuables (so long as u take your own padlock) i felt comfortable with this.

The staff was awesome :)

Honestly, the most fun I've ever had staying at a hostel. I've stayed in a lot of hostels where people just keep to themselves in the common areas, but this hostel had far more of a social atmosphere. Staying here really made my trip to Philly exceed the expectations I had when I made my plans to visit. 100% would stay here again.

• 26th Oct 2014

From a French senior backpacker. Very friendly staff and atmosphère. The best location in Philadelphie. Marc

The overal review of me about the hostle is possitive, however, the word hostle resembles as a place supervalue for money cuz you are willig to reduce your privacy and hare your room with others to save money. I didn't see this point about the place. paying around 40$ for having a bed in 8-bed section is not an ideal value for money.

• 24th Oct 2014

One of the best hostel experiences I have had! The atmosphere was great. All the staff members were super friendly and helpful. And the location was pretty awesome; it was a few minutes walk from the Liberty Bell, Constitution Center, and right near old city.

I stayed at the Philadelphia House when I was in town for a work conference... best choice ever!!! I stayed at the Philadelphia House for 5 days and couldn't have been more delighted. The Staff was so sweet and helpful... from getting me train info to NY to helping me with sightseeing destinations in Philly. Also, I have to mention that this place is EXTREMELY CLEAN! I am attending the conference next year and will definitely be staying here again. Thank you and miss you lots!!

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Israel

The sense of community was very strong. I was there a week, treated like family and got close to several people. The hostel was cleaned well every day and I felt that all my belongings were safe. Several of the staff were truly fabulous, welcoming and made my stay amazing My only suggestion is this. Since the staff lives there, I feel they should be a more aware of the how they represent themselves, when not on duty. Make sure they still put the guests first in common areas and on outings.

• 16th Oct 2014

I love the Philadelphia House! Thanks to all for making it feel like home.

• 14th Oct 2014

Place is more than you normally expect from a hostel, staff can assist in you in anyway needed, places to go and even organise events for the hostel to do if you chose to. Top hostel, would definitely stay again if i return

View all Philadelphia Hostels