The Philadelphia House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

We couldn't find it at first, walked all the way around it but when we got there it felt like coming home! It's a very cute little place, we didn't have a lot of space in our 4-bed-bedroom but we weren't in there a lot anyway. Very friendly and nice people there! They had a lot of tips about what we should do! Activities at night sounded really good, we couldn't join them though since we had tickets for icehockey and we were underage.

Staying at this hostel was a pretty great experience. The location is awesome, you can't get much closer to the main sights. The hostel is extremely clean -- the cleanest I've ever stayed in, and I've been to my fair share of hostels. The sinks and bathrooms are set up efficiently so that you don't have to wait around to get ready in the morning. And they have a comfy hang out area in the front where you can just chill out. It was a bit pricey as far as hostels go, but worth it.

• 18th Mar 2014

small hostel, nice staff! Great events. Join the potluck , STERLING IS A GREAT CHEF!

One of the best i've ever been

• 16th Mar 2014

The staff pays close attention to your stay and provide real good advices for the sightseeings. It's a small house and it feels more like a common-house. Good benefits : you feel like at home and the ambiance is really friendly, easy to speak with other people. The staff organizes good entertainments. The other side : the Dorms are small and the wall are thin, so not really quiet sometimes. The beds are comfy but squealing. But for the price and the excellent location, that's not a big deal !

Very nice and courteous staff, excellent atmosphere.

• 7th Mar 2014

Atmosphere was amazing, I had a great time! Pleasant and attentive staff and you always meet cool people there!

Best hostel ever :-)

• 1st Mar 2014

I highly recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Philadelphia. It is in a great part of town, very easily accessible by public transit and close to all major attractions. The staff who work there are dedicated to making you feel comfortable, and go above and beyond to create a welcoming, clean, safe and fun environment to stay in. I felt at home right away!

The staff really make a hostel great or inadequate, and your staff are your best asset. They are doing a great job !

• 22nd Feb 2014

Very friendly staff, great place to stay

• 20th Feb 2014

One of the friendliest hostels I have ever stayed in. Dan the manager was especially helpful and inviting. The hostel location is great, you struggle to get one closer. It is great value for money and nice and clean. There seems to be lots going on and I wish we could have stayed longer than our one night.

My stay at the Philadelphia House was amazing. I was travelling on my own and I was a Little bit concerned about that at first but the staff and the other guests at the Philadelphia house made my stay awesome. Everybody was nice, the atmosphere was always relaxed, I can only recommend that place to everybody who would like to have a great experience for Little Money in PHiladelphia.

• 18th Feb 2014
  • Austria

very lovely indeed~i will miss both Caroline and Miss.red hair there~

• 17th Feb 2014
  • China

Cannot recommend this enough, we had a really great time at the Philadelphia house: super friendly & fun staff, great recommendations and best of all a TON of support from everybody when our luggage got lost by the airline. Felt more like staying with very nice family than a hostel :) Thanks so much guys, without your help we would probably still be waiting for our bags...

• 16th Feb 2014
  • Switzerland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

They made me feel so comfortable.

• 14th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

This hostel is totaly amazing!!! Its so much Fun to stay there! The best staff I've ever seen, because they make an effort!!! See u next time!

• 11th Feb 2014

Best Hostel ever.

• 10th Feb 2014
  • Mexico

Thankyou to the Philly house for a welcoming, laid back stay! Great location, great staff, very homely feel. Definitely would stay again and recommend to people!

I liked the staff, they were very helpful. Actually, I finished had a take-home exam, which I wrote in the back bathroom because it was the quietest place I could find. Nobody seemed to mind even though it looked weird. If someone is staying in Philadelphia, I would recommend the hostel as being the best value for the money.

• 7th Feb 2014